Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Killed a C6 and a Mustang GT yesterday....

This is a discussion on Killed a C6 and a Mustang GT yesterday.... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by rrgray8 ask any real racer...whether u win by an inch or a mile winning is winning.....whether the ...

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    ask any real racer...whether u win by an inch or a mile winning is winning.....whether the other car has 40 more or less hp......u must not have much race experience. heck when I was a teen I drove a 2.2 Dodge Charger, out run the cops and lots of other faster cars. Can you say, " OUT DROVE SOMEBODY " ??? Just because someone has a faster car doesnt mean they will win. People that post kill stories on here if they do lie there is little satisfaction for them , if it is not true. Take their word and show some racing respect.
    ok....you're right...he just killed it.....he went thru a toll booth and as soon as he got thru it he nailed it.....not worrying about the attendants who have radios right there that can call the Florida Highway Patrol to let them know that they have a street racer coming right at them and he's driving a Camaro.....nope you're right....he killed it. Reminds me of the time I beat Tony Stewarts race car by um.....oh hell it must of been by miles......I passed him like he was standing still.......now....what I just said was true....BUT....what I failed to tell you was that it was locked safely in his team hauler going down the interstate as I passed him.......but according to you.....I beat it right......

This doesn't have anything to do with being a "real racer" as you put it. I believe I've had my share of it....I grew up around it. I've either raced cars, built cars, or hell....if it had wheels I raced it. So, I understand what a "real racer" is. Yes it's true that if you win by an inch it's a win....but to sit there and think you could get 6-8 car lengths on a C-6 is a little much with only 400rwhp....I know several that would love to prove otherwise....
    Last edited by cailey37; 10-29-2006 at 05:21 AM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by cailey37 View Post
    ok....you're right...he just killed it.....he went thru a toll booth and as soon as he got thru it he nailed it.....not worrying about the attendants who have radios right there that can call the Florida Highway Patrol to let them know that they have a street racer coming right at them and he's driving a Camaro.....nope you're right....he killed it. Reminds me of the time I beat Tony Stewarts race car by um.....oh hell it must of been by miles......I passed him like he was standing still.......now....what I just said was true....BUT....what I failed to tell you was that it was locked safely in his team hauler going down the interstate as I passed him.......but according to you.....I beat it right......

This doesn't have anything to do with being a "real racer" as you put it. I believe I've had my share of it....I grew up around it. I've either raced cars, built cars, or hell....if it had wheels I raced it. So, I understand what a "real racer" is. Yes it's true that if you win by an inch it's a win....but to sit there and think you could get 6-8 car lengths on a C-6 is a little much with only 400rwhp....I know several that would love to prove otherwise....
    anyone who street races pretty much throw out the worrying thing until the race is over.....congrads on the #20 kill his is an ass-hole.....anything can happen during a race. line me up with tony stewart if u pull 6 on him reguardless of the reason then I smoked smoke. You miss my point....the fastest car doesnt always win

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

anyone who street races pretty much throw out the worrying thing until the race is over.....congrads on the #20 kill his is an ass-hole.....anything can happen during a race. line me up with tony stewart if u pull 6 on him reguardless of the reason then I smoked smoke. You miss my point....the fastest car doesnt always win
    I understand that the fastest car doesnt always win but I think you're missing my point.....to get 6-8 lengths on a car is huge! To say you beat a C-6 by that amount and your car is only making 400hp tells those of us that race that something just wasn't right.....I dont think the Corvette would be too quick to nail it right after he went thru a toll booth......maybe he didn't know he was racing......lol

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

ask any real racer...whether u win by an inch or a mile winning is winning.....whether the other car has 40 more or less hp......u must not have much race experience. heck when I was a teen I drove a 2.2 Dodge Charger, out run the cops and lots of other faster cars. Can you say, " OUT DROVE SOMEBODY " ??? Just because someone has a faster car doesnt mean they will win. People that post kill stories on here if they do lie there is little satisfaction for them , if it is not true. Take their word and show some racing respect.
    calm down vin desiel...its not a race if the other car isnt racing.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    calm down vin desiel...its not a race if the other car isnt racing.
    Vin Desiel....now that's funny

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

I understand that the fastest car doesnt always win but I think you're missing my point.....to get 6-8 lengths on a car is huge! To say you beat a C-6 by that amount and your car is only making 400hp tells those of us that race that something just wasn't right.....I dont think the Corvette would be too quick to nail it right after he went thru a toll booth......maybe he didn't know he was racing......lol
    maybe this will settle it...I WISHED I HAD A CORVETTE ! LOL i know that if nothing goes wrong the vette blows by no problem

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Vin Desiel....now that's funny
    I was wondering when that was coming lol..i love that line in the movie

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

maybe this will settle it...I WISHED I HAD A CORVETTE ! LOL i know that if nothing goes wrong the vette blows by no problem
    I wish I had one to......wife reminds me all the time I could of had one if I hadn't sunk all this money in my car now.....lol...

You know....it's funny......no one has even doubted the part of the mustang in all this....lol

98' trans am

You know....it's funny......no one has even doubted the part of the mustang in all this....lol
    so true.

Bad habbit- Smoking Fords

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

You gentlemen seem to know my inner thoughts and how I drive. I assure you the C6 (who was right next yo me) nailed it before I did. I not only have about 50 RWHP advantage but also about 65 RWTQ and about 750 more rpm to play with. I certainly did not endanger anyone getting to 90 mph as fast as I could. Have any of you driven a stock C6? I have and I can tell you my car is at least 1 second faster to sixty, how many car lengths in a 1 second lead. I could be wrong about the exact length but not by much. Before I did my H/C I was able to hold a C6 from a roll to 120 mph, now it's just plain easy to pull away from them. Chose to believe what you will.
    2001 SS - 430 RWHP 412 RWTQ
    6 spd, FIPK, Corsa exhaust, LS7 clutch, Dart Pro PP LS1 heads, custom 220/224 cam, Kooks LT's. Ported TB, Full suspension, C5 ZO6 brake upgrade.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SOMSS View Post
    You gentlemen seem to know my inner thoughts and how I drive. I assure you the C6 (who was right next yo me) nailed it before I did. I not only have about 50 RWHP advantage but also about 65 RWTQ and about 750 more rpm to play with. I certainly did not endanger anyone getting to 90 mph as fast as I could. Have any of you driven a stock C6? I have and I can tell you my car is at least 1 second faster to sixty, how many car lengths in a 1 second lead. I could be wrong about the exact length but not by much. Before I did my H/C I was able to hold a C6 from a roll to 120 mph, now it's just plain easy to pull away from them. Chose to believe what you will.
    so 50rwhp and 65tq diff going up to 90 is going to give you all those lengths but w/e hey if it is true good kill..but you cant be suprised that people think your bullshitting

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

i believe u ...nice kill

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    40 hp advantage would be negated also somewhat by the fact that the C6 is lighter by a few hundred pounds also. 6-8 seems a little extreme

agreed!

Good kill...

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Thanks. I wouldn't even mentioned the Mustang GT except that he was goadding me on pacing next to me going down the road. I just thought I'd show him not to mess with Camaros/Firebirds. I only do this maybe once or twice a year, usually going through toll gates since it's not illegal to accelerate rapidly to the speed limit (70). I will be going to the track sometime soon, so we'll se what she does..

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Hey...if you say it happend so be it......we weren't there so we can't say....BUT.....you have to understand where some of the guys are coming from....I mean, I read this and I can't help but say something doesn't add up.....because I look at it like this.....you said he was right beside you and nailed it right.....well, I'm guessing that whole process took about 2 seconds to take place......it would take a person's mind another good 1 to 2 seconds to provide a reaction....aka...grab for a gear and go.....I mean we're talking about a good 3-4 seconds that he would of had on you and in racing that's an eternity!! Just can't see someone making that up with only a 40hp advantage....besides....it's the torque that wins the race and he would of had more if not the same as you.......so to make that up would of been a undertaking....and then to beat him by 6-8 lengths?????? Can you see how someone could say something just didn't add up??? BUT, like I said....we weren't there so.............

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Hey...if you say it happend so be it......we weren't there so we can't say....BUT.....you have to understand where some of the guys are coming from....I mean, I read this and I can't help but say something doesn't add up.....because I look at it like this.....you said he was right beside you and nailed it right.....well, I'm guessing that whole process took about 2 seconds to take place......it would take a person's mind another good 1 to 2 seconds to provide a reaction....aka...grab for a gear and go.....I mean we're talking about a good 3-4 seconds that he would of had on you and in racing that's an eternity!! Just can't see someone making that up with only a 40hp advantage....besides....it's the torque that wins the race and he would of had more if not the same as you.......so to make that up would of been a undertaking....and then to beat him by 6-8 lengths?????? Can you see how someone could say something just didn't add up??? BUT, like I said....we weren't there so.............
    You actually think that a C6 has 395 ft lbs of torque at the rear wheels. I seriously doubt that, I have about a 60 RWTQ advantage and as you said It's torque that wins the race.

Silver
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

You actually think that a C6 has 395 ft lbs of torque at the rear wheels. I seriously doubt that, I have about a 60 RWTQ advantage and as you said It's torque that wins the race.
    Umm...yea...I do.....GM seriously under rates those things for a reason......

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

Not on their best day, I have dyno'd several C6's and not one had more than 330 RWTQ or more than 338 RWHP stock. The LS2 in not overated very much at all. The LS1's in the F-Bodies were seriously underated and the C5's had about 360 hp but so did the F-Bodies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information