Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Killed a '96 Cobra

This is a discussion on Killed a '96 Cobra within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by karpetcm I know what show your talking about cayenne97 it was a green cobra on horsepower tv ...

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I know what show your talking about cayenne97 it was a green cobra on horsepower tv they evetually added a supercharger to it. Ya bone stock they said i think it was 245rwhp.
    Yup, that's the episode. I forget they did end up blowing that Cobra.

silver
    2002 ws6

those cobras are maybe a good race for an lt1. with a bad opti spark.

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by karpetcm View Post
    I know what show your talking about cayenne97 it was a green cobra on horsepower tv they evetually added a supercharger to it. Ya bone stock they said i think it was 245rwhp.
    Well, that explains it. The ONLY year that SVT Cobras came in green was 1999. As you probably know, all 1999 Cobras were recalled and given new intakes, exhaust, and a computer flash because they were producing less than the advertised 320 crank hp. The SN-95 SVT Cobras ('96-98) were not low on hp in that they all made at least 305 crank hp. I don't try and tell you guys how much power your GM engines make and you guys should do the same regarding Cobras.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Well, that explains it. The ONLY year that SVT Cobras came in green was 1999. As you probably know, all 1999 Cobras were recalled and given new intakes, exhaust, and a computer flash because they were producing less than the advertised 320 crank hp. The SN-95 SVT Cobras ('96-98) were not low on hp in that they all made at least 305 crank hp. I don't try and tell you guys how much power your GM engines make and you guys should do the same regarding Cobras.
    Come on now "99Kobra", your a Cobra guy, you should know this stuff as well (if not better) than I do. The Cobra on "HPTV" was a 1997, which was the first year Ford introduced the 'Pacific Green' hue to the Cobra line-up. In 1999 Ford switch to 'Electric Green' for the Cobra cars, which is the same color as my fathers '99 Cobra Convertible. So your post is .

I don't try and tell you guys how much power your GM engines make and you guys should do the same regarding Cobras.
    Who says you have to be a Ford enthusiast to know what kind of power a car puts out? We obviously know more about Fords than you do!

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Cayenne97 View Post
    Come on now "99Kobra", your a Cobra guy, you should know this stuff as well (if not better) than I do. The Cobra on "HPTV" was a 1997, which was the first year Ford introduced the 'Pacific Green' hue to the Cobra line-up. In 1999 Ford switch to 'Electric Green' for the Cobra cars, which is the same color as my fathers '99 Cobra Convertible. So your post is .

Who says you have to be a Ford enthusiast to know what kind of power a car puts out? We obviously know more about Fords than you do!
    Damn, you're right. I forgot about Pacifc green. My bad. Still, there's something wrong with a stock '97 that doesn't dyno at least in the 250's. Or it could have been a Mustang Dyno (they register lower numbers than a Dynojet). My '96 Cobra did 258 on a Dynojet when it was stock.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

Damn, you're right. I forgot about Pacifc green. My bad. Still, there's something wrong with a stock '97 that doesn't dyno at least in the 250's. Or it could have been a Mustang Dyno (they register lower numbers than a Dynojet). My '96 Cobra did 258 on a Dynojet when it was stock.
    That's okay man.

And there is nothing at all wrong with a '97 Cobra putting down those #'s. There dyno is infact a dynojet. Your car happen to put out the ladder, that's all. Numbers vary, and from what i've seen from dozens of stock Cobra's over the years anywhere between 245 to just slightly below 260 is normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information