Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Killed a 600 bike with the new motor

This is a discussion on Killed a 600 bike with the new motor within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; OK I wasn't tellin you all that to just blow smoke, I was letting you know that so you can ...

Black
    C5 M6 Vette

OK I wasn't tellin you all that to just blow smoke, I was letting you know that so you can have a fairly decent refernce to go by. And based on following posts I was 100% correct. I wiegh 125lbs on a lightly moded (basically just exhaust and no fender) 2005 GSXR 600. And yes I "HAVE" gotten it up to about 160. I hit 155-156 on a 2.5 mile stretch of highway after passing a cop doin 120.....and for the record, yes i got away. I could go outside right now and tell you what my 1st gear tops out at however I have no brake fluid left and my rear tire is shit, so I'll go out on a limb and hope that at least one person here doesn't wanna see me die trying to prove a point

Anyways, as a previous poster has already said....it's ALLLLLLLLLLLL driver. There is never some magic formula you can use to say "oh I can beat (insert something stupid here) with X amount of RWHP" So to try and get this thread a little bit back toward topic. Nice kill man, hope there are many many more to come!

Thank you.

Guys..relax. It was a stupid race. Obviously neither my car or the bike I raced are slow. Most of the "car guys" I hang out with down in York are in the 500-700+ rwhp range so of course we're going to get kills like this from time to time. Was it rider-error on the part of the bike driver...who knows. All I know is that he seemed impressed with my car, was real cool about it by giving me the thumbs up, and went on his way. I don't have any delusions of gradure about going out and beating up R1s or 'Busas or anything.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    Guys..relax. It was a stupid race. Obviously neither my car or the bike I raced are slow. Most of the "car guys" I hang out with down in York are in the 500-700+ rwhp range so of course we're going to get kills like this from time to time. Was it rider-error on the part of the bike driver...who knows. All I know is that he seemed impressed with my car, was real cool about it by giving me the thumbs up, and went on his way. I don't have any delusions of gradure about going out and beating up R1s or 'Busas or anything.
    ask any real racer, whether u win by an inch or a mile winning is winning.......lol

Black
    01 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/performancedata/

Man looks like theres several stock 600s that run 10s out of the crate. The newer CBR600rr's, CBR600F4i's, ZX6r's, and even newer GSX-R600's run 10's out of the "crate" no mods at all.
    Ok, you can have that one. But when you actually see one do it, let me know. Its gonna take a professional rider to take any 600 to a 10.50 or better. The bikes run all the time at my track and busa's w/ work are only goin high 8s at best. Most are runnin in the mid 9s to 10s. My original point was I can see him taking out that bike cause its a lot easier to just floor a car then it is to drop gears after the car floors it and play catch up. Especially in a wicked fast car like that.

Edit: Oh wow! Also says the 01 Shadow spirit is gonna go an 11! Wow......
    Last edited by ImpalaSSpeed96; 06-06-2007 at 06:46 AM.

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    With the correct suspension, weight, gearing, and driver, it doesn't matter if it is an F-Body or Teminator or N/A Mustang.

In very well prepped car, it is possible go low 10s with that kind of power. Conversely, I've seen cars with that kind of power stuck in the 13s.
    i meant suspension (lca's, phb, sfc's, torque arm), dr's, and gears...have u ever seen a 476rwhp f-bod wo any kind of suspension work? lol

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

They may indeed be what you meant, but that is not what you said. Specifically...

Quote Originally Posted by blackz-lt1 View Post
    476rwhp in a f-bod, not a termi..can brush high 10's-low low 11's
    In other words, you are saying that an F-body with 476 RWHP will go quicker than a Terminator with 476 RWHP. Whilst that may be true in some cases, the opposite can also be true in some cases, and thus your statement is quite false and misleading.

Continue to back pedal at your leisure.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    They may indeed be what you meant, but that is not what you said. Specifically...

In other words, you are saying that an F-body with 476 RWHP will go quicker than a Terminator with 476 RWHP. Whilst that may be true in some cases, the opposite can also be true in some cases, and thus your statement is quite false and misleading.

Continue to back pedal at your leisure.

Bob
    If we want to continue this argument...look for an old kill story of mine..it should still be on here. It was my SS when it was cam only vs. a heavily modded 03/04 Cobra. He had something like 485/527 at the wheels at the time. I was making 398/366. Edged him out the 1st race, dead even the 2nd.

ran an '03 cobra and an 05 gto

There is the link. Later on that year I got fucked up by a 600 rwhp cobra.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

i meant suspension (lca's, phb, sfc's, torque arm), dr's, and gears...have u ever seen a 476rwhp f-bod wo any kind of suspension work? lol
    Oh me me me me! I can answer that one...

I'll take NO WAY for 200 bucks Alex

You're right it was just a race and regardless of it being rider error or you having a 10 second car it was a great kill! I agree with you too about the rider nice of him to give you the thumbs up instead of being a baby about getting killed by a car.

I'm curious about your motor did you build it yourself from a kit or order an entire package? I'm looking at doing a stroker next winter and your numbers are very close to the 500rwhp i'm looking to get out of one.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

If we want to continue this argument...look for an old kill story of mine..it should still be on here. It was my SS when it was cam only vs. a heavily modded 03/04 Cobra. He had something like 485/527 at the wheels at the time. I was making 398/366. Edged him out the 1st race, dead even the 2nd.

ran an '03 cobra and an 05 gto

There is the link. Later on that year I got fucked up by a 600 rwhp cobra.
    My friend, I'm not disputing anything you have posted (in this post, the post you linked, or any other posts that you have made). It is not at all uncommon for a car that has less power to outrun a car that has more power. Been there, done that on far too numerous occasions to count. My reason for replying above was simply as stated:

"In other words, you are saying that an F-body with 476 RWHP will go quicker than a Terminator with 476 RWHP. Whilst that may be true in some cases, the opposite can also be true in some cases, and thus your statement is quite false and misleading."

If you disagree with that, ok. However, I'd be willing to bet I could find you examples of 400 RWHP Mustangs outrunning significantly more powerful F-bodies. And vice versa. As has been said many times, dynos do not go down the track (or down the street - where even more variables are involved).

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by rc74racer View Post
    You're right it was just a race and regardless of it being rider error or you having a 10 second car it was a great kill! I agree with you too about the rider nice of him to give you the thumbs up instead of being a baby about getting killed by a car.

I'm curious about your motor did you build it yourself from a kit or order an entire package? I'm looking at doing a stroker next winter and your numbers are very close to the 500rwhp i'm looking to get out of one.
    I researched the parts I wanted, the setup I wanted (knew I was going to be spraying a large shot,etc.) Once that was decided I got together with one of the performance companies I use and the owner and I talked with an engine builder and I ordered the motor as a long block.

Its a 4 door vette bitch! JOHN_DEERE_LS6's Avatar

Black Raven/Ebony cowskin
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

best ive seen my buddies run on there 600's at the strip are 11.1's and dustys a pretty dman good rider on a basically stock 05 gsxr 600....

i got an ol' 02 gsxr 1k you can try sometime if ya wannas... ive ran 10.30's on it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information