Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Killed a 2500 HD

This is a discussion on Killed a 2500 HD within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird an 8.1 isn't gonna hold a candle to a duramax, that duramax will outpull that 8.1 ...

  1. #21
    Senior Member Shermanator86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LaGrange, Indiana
    Posts
    1,238

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    an 8.1 isn't gonna hold a candle to a duramax, that duramax will outpull that 8.1 in every way possible.
    okay the 05 or 04 and a half or whatever maybe, but my dad has an 03 2500 with an 8.1 and my brother had an 04 d-max (now has an 08 d-max) and we put both in or local truck and tractor pull in the street class, my dad ended up 2nd and my brother 4th, so in my experience the 8.1 will hold its own. Now wih my bros new truck not a chance, its alot stronger

  2. #22
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    okay the 05 or 04 and a half or whatever maybe, but my dad has an 03 2500 with an 8.1 and my brother had an 04 d-max (now has an 08 d-max) and we put both in or local truck and tractor pull in the street class, my dad ended up 2nd and my brother 4th, so in my experience the 8.1 will hold its own. Now wih my bros new truck not a chance, its alot stronger
    don't get me wrong now, that 8.1 is a strong motor, but that duramax is the strongest diesel available in a full size pick up. i read 365hp 660tq, but i see now the cummins is very close to that.

  3. #23
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by hurraquio View Post
    actually it was a swap! previous owner blew out his engine and swaped this one out of a totalled 2001 Freightliner. Thats what I like about the Freightliners they are POC's but they can fit anything!. on Theese types of engines we dont look for HP we want torque Im probably pushing 550-580Hp and 2000-2300 torque give or take. The new Cummings ISX egine is a beast that one is rated at 600 with 2500-3000 lbs (depending on the setup) of course you can take your truck to have it de-tuned or "opened up" to exceed the factory ratings, that will totally wake the truck up.
    2001? so it must be an n14 plus?

    big fan of the cummins engine. great longevity, servicability, decent economy... great power through the powerband. cant beat it

  4. #24
    Senior Member Shermanator86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LaGrange, Indiana
    Posts
    1,238

    Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

    Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    don't get me wrong now, that 8.1 is a strong motor, but that duramax is the strongest diesel available in a full size pick up. i read 365hp 660tq, but i see now the cummins is very close to that.
    yeah those are the new ones, i was talking about the 04 and older d-max, still a great motor esp. when you do a little work to them haha

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    SATX
    Posts
    847

    Pewter
    2000 Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    2001? so it must be an n14 plus?

    big fan of the cummins engine. great longevity, servicability, decent economy... great power through the powerband. cant beat it
    Not a plus I've havent seen the plus series around here. just a regular n14 500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2015, 04:58 PM
  2. 2500 HD T-Boned !
    By Danger731 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-30-2010, 10:58 PM
  3. For Sale: 92 Camaro RS 2500 Tea, SD
    By ILLReality in forum Vehicles For Sale / Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 07:38 PM
  4. Something funny happened, then got killed and killed today !
    By Speedy_Gonzales in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
  5. $2500 could buy you this
    By pecha in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 11:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •