Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

killed by 07gt

This is a discussion on killed by 07gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Justin23454 Hijackers!!! (would a vacuum leak have fucked with me during this race?) It was the line ...

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    Hijackers!!! (would a vacuum leak have fucked with me during this race?) It was the line that connects the PCV to the Intake.
    No, but having a plug not firing as you mentioned in another thread could have.

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Well, I'm learning. Hell, the last GM product I owned was a '68 GTO and I bought it in '69. As far as a hp difference between a stock Z28 and a stock SS, are you saying that there is no difference? If so, why do all the magazines and GM say there is?
    I don't know why they say that; I guess to sell cars. Their only difference is "cold air" induction and a slightly different catback (as far as "performance" items) though neither of which show any difference to a normal Z28 on the track, the street, or the dyno. An SS is an appearance package just like the WS6. You will find the owners that say "nuh-uh" and cling to a fantasy are the guys whose cars range from stock to possibly having a lid and a catback.

For all the Stang fanboys, outside of the limited production 03/04 Cobras, you HAVE to be upset that here, 10 years after the first LS1 rolled out in an f-body, an 08 GT will still have more than it's hands full against a 98 Z or TA with a driver. And until a year or so back, stock for stock was just a guaranteed repeated beating. Ahhh, the love.

Anyhow, have fun in this thread, I'm out.
    Last edited by Frost; 02-02-2008 at 03:15 PM.

Red
    1998 T/A

Originally Posted by Frost
    Guy who dyno'd 270 at Carlisle, check basic things like plugs and wires, I have never even seen even an automatic dyno that low that didn't have a problem...
    Yup, Did the plugs and wires not long after I got back from that trip. The wires looked decent but I replaced them anyway. The plugs, on the other hand looked like they had been there all 106,000 miles. Could have been, for all I know because the car had about 98,000 when I bought it. I did a few other high mile maintenance replacements and it felt a bit healthier. I’ve not gotten a chance to dyno since, so I have no proof that it helped much. Just feels that way.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    For all the Stang fanboys, outside of the limited production 03/04 Cobras, you HAVE to be upset that here, 10 years after the first LS1 rolled out in an f-body, an 08 GT will still have more than it's hands full against a 98 Z or TA with a driver. And until a year or so back, stock for stock was just a guaranteed repeated beating. Ahhh, the love.
    a year or so back? the current generation mustang has been out since 2004 (2005 model year). you do know its 2008 now, right?? Thats close to 4 years.

i think you have to be more upset that since 2002, GM hasnt come out with a car under 30k that can compete with the Mustang GT. Its sad, ford hasnt set the bar that high and STILL nothing in GM's lineup can compete.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    a year or so back? the current generation mustang has been out since 2004 (2005 model year). you do know its 2008 now, right?? Thats close to 4 years.

i think you have to be more upset that since 2002, GM hasnt come out with a car under 30k that can compete with the Mustang GT. Its sad, ford hasnt set the bar that high and STILL nothing in GM's lineup can compete.
    did we forget about the gto, its pontiac and its still a gmproduct and a one hell of one to say anything
    easily beat any production mustang without a supercharger

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

i guess the gto was border line 30 grand but i almost bought one brand new for 29 but my wife wanted the mustang

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 告lver吵ake View Post
    I knew that comeback was in order... BUT, you should reread the original comment. It stated that the ENGINE was a supercharged RICER ENGINE; it did not say anything about the car, itself, being ricey.

So, since your statement was in reference to the original post, my evidence is valid. If, on the other hand, your statement was referencing the car itself, then my evidence is, indeed, invalid.

When engaging in spitting matches, we should both be sure that we are talking about the same issue.
    yes it stated that the 4.6 liter in the 03-04 cobra was a supercharged ricer motor not any 5.0 therefore your statement is invalid

i would never doubt the power of a full built 347 stroker

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    yes it stated that the 4.6 liter in the 03-04 cobra was a supercharged ricer motor not any 5.0 therefore your statement is invalid

i would never doubt the power of a full built 347 stroker
    To the contrary; you actually validated my statement. The 5.0 engine I referred to is, in fact, a naturally aspirated version of the 03/04 engine, except with more compression; not a 5.0 pushrod engine you referred to above.

Here is a pic and link for you to study...

Ford 5 Liter Cammer

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

To the contrary; you actually validated my statement. The 5.0 engine I referred to is, in fact, a naturally aspirated version of the 03/04 engine, except with more compression; not a 5.0 pushrod engine you referred to above.

Here is a pic and link for you to study...

Ford 5 Liter Cammer
    good call ill give you that but still why would you buy that

good call ill give you that but still why would you buy that
    Well, that is a good question. I brought it up only to make my point; you can have one built for a lot less.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Well, that is a good question. I brought it up only to make my point; you can have one built for a lot less.
    i was waiting for someone to bring that cammer up but it really doesnt matter because i dont think anyone driving a cobra would mess with that when the could run a twin turbo
    but your right it is the same motor n/a and is putting out some power but still it would be dumd for someone to mess with building a cammer up
    why not just drop a 5.4 in

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

i think some of you guys just study your cars or ford cars and try to act like you know something but the comments made that are incorrect show how ignorant some people really are
    hell an 05-07 gto will hang with a stock cobra easily
    when gm says 400 horses they pretty much mean 400 horses to the ground
    not 390 at the flywheel and 340 at the wheels

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

i think some of you guys just study your cars or ford cars and try to act like you know something but the comments made that are incorrect show how ignorant some people really are
    hell an 05-07 gto will hang with a stock cobra easily
    when gm says 400 horses they pretty much mean 400 horses to the ground
    not 390 at the flywheel and 340 at the wheels
    WTF are you talking about? i think your reading comprehension needs work. first of all, I dont know why your even bringing up the cobra, but i guess if you want. Bone stock cobra's generally dyno 365-385 rwhp. Your trying to tell me a GTO makes 400rwhp stock?? HAHA seriously, do some research. Ya, the LS2 is to be respected, usually 340 rwhp stock, but NOWHERE near 400rwhp. The LS3 is pretty close, usually in the 370's-380's but still not quite there.

And a stock GTO will "hang" with a stock cobra, but equal drivers, the difference is comparable to a race between an Fbody LT1 6spd and an Fbody auto LS1.

12.718 @ 117.47

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

the comment was made about the cobra because someone stated that gm hasnt made ANYTHING THAT WILL HANG WITH A MUSTANG GT SINCE 2002 AND I STATED THAT THEY HAVE AND THEY HAVE MADE A CAR THAT WILL HANG STOCK FOR STOCK WITH A COBRA
    AS FOR THE LS2 GTO I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM BUT I KNOW WITH MINOR MODS THEY CAN HIT THE 400 RANGE N/A AND IVE SEEN ONE DYNO IN THE 370 -380 RANGE BONE STOCK SIX SPEED WHICH IS PRETTY CLOSE TO THE ADVERTISED 400

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

the comment was made about the cobra because someone stated that gm hasnt made ANYTHING THAT WILL HANG WITH A MUSTANG GT SINCE 2002 AND I STATED THAT THEY HAVE AND THEY HAVE MADE A CAR THAT WILL HANG STOCK FOR STOCK WITH A COBRA
    AS FOR THE LS2 GTO I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT THEM BUT I KNOW WITH MINOR MODS THEY CAN HIT THE 400 RANGE N/A AND IVE SEEN ONE DYNO IN THE 370 -380 RANGE BONE STOCK SIX SPEED WHICH IS PRETTY CLOSE TO THE ADVERTISED 400
    it still stands, GM still hasnt made anything under 30k that can compete with the mustang gt and its low setting standards. it really says alot.

and no, a bone stock GTO will NEVER hit 370-380 rwhp SAE.

and your 400rwhp range N/A negates the arguement. your entering modded vehicles at that point.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

it still stands, GM still hasnt made anything under 30k that can compete with the mustang gt and its low setting standards. it really says alot.
    no starting any shit man but the 2006 Pontiac GTOs Original MSRP $29,569, barely under 30 but still under lol. Also im ready to see the new Cobalt SS with its 260hp and only costing in low-$20,000 range its going to be a fun little car.

Internet Police

Black
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    no starting any shit man but the 2006 Pontiac GTOs Original MSRP $29,569, barely under 30 but still under lol. Also im ready to see the new Cobalt SS with its 260hp and only costing in low-$20,000 range its going to be a fun little car.
    actually, thats invoice. msrp was $31xxx. but even at that point thats thousands above the GT. The Cobalt SS would be the closest I think.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

actually, thats invoice. msrp was $31xxx. but even at that point thats thousands above the GT. The Cobalt SS would be the closest I think.
    i had one on paper for 29,000 but my wife wanted a mustang
    ill give you that the mustang was a little cheaper
    and it was an 07 gto if you show them some paper from somewhere else you can get the best out of anyone

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

i had one on paper for 29,000 but my wife wanted a mustang
    ill give you that the mustang was a little cheaper
    and it was an 07 gto if you show them some paper from somewhere else you can get the best out of anyone
    i didnt know there was an 07 gto

For one
    Looking

It was likely a carryover from 06 that was labeled as an 07.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
    It was likely a carryover from 06 that was labeled as an 07.
    exactly

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information