Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

killed by 07gt

This is a discussion on killed by 07gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by dpinson REALLY JUST BECAUSE I WAS KINDA TICKED THAT THESE GUYS TALK LIKE AN 04 COBRA IS ...

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    REALLY JUST BECAUSE I WAS KINDA TICKED THAT THESE GUYS TALK LIKE AN 04 COBRA IS KING OF CARS AND I KNOW BETTER
    That's cool...

As for the 03-04 Cobras being king, they are fast out-of-the-box; but, the boltons is what can make them sick. However, as I have said in other threads, all that HP and TQ means nothing if you can't get it to the ground. Also, it doesn't matter how fast a car is, there is always someone faster. Weight is an enemy of them.

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

YEAH THEY DO SO LEARN ABOUT CARS BEFORE RUNNING YOUR MOUTH AND MAYBE SOMEONE MIGHT LISTEN
    Actually, a STOCK 2001 Z28 has 310 hp at the crank and 340 ft. lbs. of torque at the crank. A STOCK 2001 SS has 325 hp at the crank and 350 ft. lbs. of torque at the crank. You are really an idiot.
    Do you know the difference between measurements at the rear wheels and at the crank? Apparently not.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

Black
    1995 Chevy LS1 S10 Blazer

Most stock LS1s I have seen on the dyno put down 300-320 RWHP so that is true (the factory Ratings are off)...but I have also seen 03/04 cobras with just intake and mufflers put down just over 400RWHP. I've heard that intakes on Cobras free up like 30-40 horse so stock for stock its a good matchup with the weight difference and all. I havent seen a bone stock cobra on my buddies dyno that I can recall.
    Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Actually, a STOCK 2001 Z28 has 310 hp at the crank and 340 ft. lbs. of torque at the crank. A STOCK 2001 SS has 325 hp at the crank and 350 ft. lbs. of torque at the crank. You are really an idiot.
    Do you know the difference between measurements at the rear wheels and at the crank? Apparently not.

Swapped in a 2000 LS1 into a 95 S10 2dr Blazer COMPLETED Aug 6, 2005
    LS6/T56 280Z completed May 2008

Special Thanks to: Haddadmotorsports.com

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

most stock 98-00s ls1s put down between 270-300rwhp and most 01-02s put down 300-320rwhp

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdeezs View Post
    Most stock LS1s I have seen on the dyno put down 300-320 RWHP so that is true (the factory Ratings are off)...but I have also seen 03/04 cobras with just intake and mufflers put down just over 400RWHP. I've heard that intakes on Cobras free up like 30-40 horse so stock for stock its a good matchup with the weight difference and all. I havent seen a bone stock cobra on my buddies dyno that I can recall.
    Hell, I didn't know that they were underrated. I was just quoting the factory specs! My '96 Cobra was advertised as having 305 hp at the crank and that's what it had (it did 260 rwhp on a Dyno Jet). My '99 Cobra was advertised as having 320 hp at the crank, but it only did 255 rwhp on a Dyno Jet (equal to 300 hp at the crank). After the recall, my '99 dynoed at 275 rwhp (equal to 323 hp at the crank). On the same dyno, my '04 did 428 rwhp with a FIPK and JBA mufflers ('03/'04 Cobras are advertised as having 390 hp at the crank even though they dyno stock anywhere from 340 rwhp to about 390 rwhp).

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Hell, I didn't know that they were underrated. I was just quoting the factory specs! My '96 Cobra was advertised as having 305 hp at the crank and that's what it had (it did 260 rwhp on a Dyno Jet). My '99 Cobra was advertised as having 320 hp at the crank, but it only did 255 rwhp on a Dyno Jet (equal to 300 hp at the crank). After the recall, my '99 dynoed at 275 rwhp (equal to 323 hp at the crank). On the same dyno, my '04 did 428 rwhp with a FIPK and JBA mufflers ('03/'04 Cobras are advertised as having 390 hp at the crank even though they dyno stock anywhere from 340 rwhp to about 390 rwhp).
    yes they were underrated and as many have said most 01-02 models dynoed over 300 rwhp not far off of what the 03-04 cobras were putting to the ground and a little lighter

ive said it before they are sweet cars ,with just a pulley and cai they scream
    and will easily take a stock or slightly modified ls1

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

do you know the difference ive made it very clear to alot of these guys on this post i know the difference

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 告lver吵ake View Post
    I'm curious as to why you would call them supercharged "RICE MOTORS"
    and they have to be boosted to get any real power
    if you havent or you dont believe go run a mach1 and you will see what i mean

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

You would be more credible if you didn't trash Fords just because they're Fords. Hell, I like GM V8s and I love Z06s! You should give credit where credit is due.

Red
    1998 T/A

most stock 98-00s ls1s put down between 270-300rwhp and most 01-02s put down 300-320rwhp
    I can vouch for the 98-00 numbers being right on. My 106k mile stock 98 put a little over 270 to the wheels in Carlisle a couple summers ago. It was 95 degrees when the dyno was done. I don’t know if that did anything to sway the results any.

Nothing too outrageous. I averaged 27mpg over the course of that weekend, so I came home happy.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

You would be more credible if you didn't trash Fords just because they're Fords. Hell, I like GM V8s and I love Z06s! You should give credit where credit is due.
    i still like fords i always have
    im a fox body guy i think it makes the best drag car
    i would like to own an 04 cobra one day
    and who doesnt want an old mach1 or shelby gt 350 or 500 who cares
    the subject was a stock to stock race with a z-28 and a cobra
    some people get there info from books or factory specs and some get it from facts that have been proven
    you are right a better driver might have beaten me,i have seen many of these cars run and stock they run real close times ,so even if its a drivers race
    so what a supercharged car against raw power,uh dunno but for the price my money is on raw power, cobra still running a stock charger, and then its a money race

i will always like fords they make sweet looking cars but to be honest unless you have 40-50,000 dollars to buy a supercharged car best money to go fast is on a gm product

I beg to differ, sir. The 5.0 crate engine is naturally aspirated and dynos 400 at the crank. That is pretty close to a stock Terminator at the crank.

10's N/A

you guys...not trying to spoil the fun in anyway, but the LS1 vs. 03/04 argument is very old. The roots blower puts the termy in a different performance range than the n/a ls1's, and I don't wan't to hear anyone bitch about the Cobra lacking displacement because us true engine guys know that superchargers push the efficiency envelope much further than natural aspiration. In other words, it outweighs the difference in displacement between the two. So yes terminators are more potent than the ls1 cars stock for stock - and they should be. It's nothing to bitch about though. Just build your ls1's internals, choose the power adder of choice, and it's bye-bye blue oval - plain and simple.

LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

Are you kidding? That news to me that a STOCK 2001 Z28 puts down 300-325 rwhp and 340 rwtq.
    So it's news to you, so what?.... and you also thought there was a difference in a base Z and an SS as far as HP numbers went. But hey, what you don't know doesn't keep you from posting.

Hell, I didn't know that they were underrated. I was just quoting the factory specs! .....
    That's funny, since a few posts back you pretty much call me a liar after having a buttload of them on a dyno right in front of me. My own TA made 309rwhp paper-filter stock, right off of the lot.

Guy who dyno'd 270 at Carlisle, check basic things like plugs and wires, I have never even seen even an automatic dyno that low that didn't have a problem...

There also isn't really a jump in power levels over the years as you are commonly told, though there are more factory "freaks" from 01-02. A close friend of mine's 02 firehawk made 440rwhp cam-only; there are plenty of H/C guys that don't make that and would love to have it...

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by 告lver吵ake View Post
    I beg to differ, sir. The 5.0 crate engine is naturally aspirated and dynos 400 at the crank. That is pretty close to a stock Terminator at the crank.
    yeah you can go buy a crate motor but we are talking factory cars no 5.0 motor made any where near that that was put in a factory car unless they had some special order shit

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    you guys...not trying to spoil the fun in anyway, but the LS1 vs. 03/04 argument is very old. The roots blower puts the termy in a different performance range than the n/a ls1's, and I don't wan't to hear anyone bitch about the Cobra lacking displacement because us true engine guys know that superchargers push the efficiency envelope much further than natural aspiration. In other words, it outweighs the difference in displacement between the two. So yes terminators are more potent than the ls1 cars stock for stock - and they should be. It's nothing to bitch about though. Just build your ls1's internals, choose the power adder of choice, and it's bye-bye blue oval - plain and simple.
    yeah you are right, but think about it if you have to charge a car to hang with or barely beat a stock motor than to me the better way to go would be with the n/a motor
    like you said add a power adder and see ya
    think what a ls1 would do with 8-10 lbs of boost
    and you could buy a camaro have a twin turbo setup done and build a forged bottom end or new motor and come out cheaper or close to the same price as a supercharged stang

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

dont act like i dont know shit about these cars
    there is a shop right here getting any where from 600-1100 horsepower
    on the stock bottom end of a cobra and no real problems
    lets see anyone do that with an ls1
    plus i know id have a hard time running one in the 1/4 mile without my n20
    they gain quick on the top end
    but as ive stated before if you cant beat me to 100 sorry im shutting it down

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

Hijackers!!! (would a vacuum leak have fucked with me during this race?) It was the line that connects the PCV to the Intake.

yeah you can go buy a crate motor but we are talking factory cars no 5.0 motor made any where near that that was put in a factory car unless they had some special order shit
    I knew that comeback was in order... BUT, you should reread the original comment. It stated that the ENGINE was a supercharged RICER ENGINE; it did not say anything about the car, itself, being ricey.

So, since your statement was in reference to the original post, my evidence is valid. If, on the other hand, your statement was referencing the car itself, then my evidence is, indeed, invalid.

When engaging in spitting matches, we should both be sure that we are talking about the same issue.

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    So it's news to you, so what?.... and you also thought there was a difference in a base Z and an SS as far as HP numbers went. But hey, what you don't know doesn't keep you from posting.
    Well, I'm learning. Hell, the last GM product I owned was a '68 GTO and I bought it in '69. As far as a hp difference between a stock Z28 and a stock SS, are you saying that there is no difference? If so, why do all the magazines and GM say there is?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information