Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 114

killed by 07gt

This is a discussion on killed by 07gt within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Bigdeezs FWHP? = Front Wheel Horse Power...must be a typo. I never shift my Auto from a ...

  1. #21
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdeezs View Post
    FWHP? = Front Wheel Horse Power...must be a typo.

    I never shift my Auto from a dig but from a roll its usually best to start in a lower gear so you dont have to wait for the downshift. Right after I get in it I shift it back into D so the computer does the shifting and I don't start bouncing off the limiter.
    flywheel horsepower

  2. #22
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdeezs View Post
    FWHP? = Front Wheel Horse Power...must be a typo.

    I never shift my Auto from a dig but from a roll its usually best to start in a lower gear so you dont have to wait for the downshift. Right after I get in it I shift it back into D so the computer does the shifting and I don't start bouncing off the limiter.
    flywheel horsepower

  3. #23
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    IM NOT TRYING TO DOG MUSTANGS I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL AND LOVED THEM UNTIL I GOT MY Z

    I HAD AN 86 5.0 SLOW
    95 GT SLOW
    07 GT SLOW

    MY BUDDY HAS a 98 cobra with full bolt ons and it is pretty quick but i still beat him

    my brother has the 04 svt cobra and that is the only mustang i would want for myself but my stock z28 still beat it stock

    the 98 and 07 were rated at 300-305 fwhp and the 04 was 390 fwhp and my camaro 300-325 rwhp took them all
    that dude with the termy cant drive then. an termy stock will walk away from an ls1 f body

  4. #24
    old timer blue02Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,805

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

    tough loss tho bro. sorry to hear, there is always someone faster

  5. #25
    SS#430 1 of 74 7camaro7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,754

    Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    I used to drop from D to whatever when racing, but Ive seen tons of people on here say dont do it, just let it do it, its self, but ya it would have been better if I did it myself. So should i drop it from now on or?
    I'd just leave it in drive If your race from a dig, then you could practice launching. My buddy in his 99 a4 t/a always gives me hell off the line with my 02 ss m6. If you know how to use that stall you'll take off hard as hell. racing from a roll with your a4 is just a matter of picking the right speed to go from and stomping the gas fast and hard. The car will do the rest for you, but just pay attention to the road.

  6. #26
    Rice Killa JwMonE99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,561

    Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    IM NOT TRYING TO DOG MUSTANGS I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL AND LOVED THEM UNTIL I GOT MY Z

    I HAD AN 86 5.0 SLOW
    95 GT SLOW
    07 GT SLOW

    MY BUDDY HAS a 98 cobra with full bolt ons and it is pretty quick but i still beat him

    my brother has the 04 svt cobra and that is the only mustang i would want for myself but my stock z28 still beat it stock

    the 98 and 07 were rated at 300-305 fwhp and the 04 was 390 fwhp and my camaro 300-325 rwhp took them all


    Your stock Z28 beat an 04 cobra? Your brother must be a really bad driver or your no where near stock. An 04 cobra would rape an LS1 any day stock for stock.


    BTW for the original poster, you raced a manuel car with an auto from a roll, stock for stock both ur car and his was pretty close but he deffently had a bigger advantage over you especially from a roll. You said he beat you by maybe 2 lengths right? Sounds about right but good death man, it could of been worst and lost to an 07 civic lol

  7. #27
    Senior Member Musclefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,155

    1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post

    my brother has the 04 svt cobra and that is the only mustang i would want for myself but my stock z28 still beat it stock

  8. #28
    caraholic ggino85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    most miserable city in the US
    Age
    32
    Posts
    568

    blue green chameleon
    1998 Trans Am

    dont even worry about it, it happens. Like others have said, that stang was definetely not stock. i murdered one a couple weeks ago and im basically stock, so he had some $$ under the hood

  9. #29
    Senior Member Justin23454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Virginia beach
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,963

    SOM
    1998 Trans Am

    well, me and my friend just got my LT headers and ORY installed (took us like 24 hours lol) 1st time doin anything like this, so getting the headers out and in killed us lol. SO now I Just need to save for a tune!

  10. #30
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Your stock Z28 beat an 04 cobra? Your brother must be a really bad driver or your no where near stock. An 04 cobra would rape an LS1 any day stock for stock.


    BTW for the original poster, you raced a manuel car with an auto from a roll, stock for stock both ur car and his was pretty close but he deffently had a bigger advantage over you especially from a roll. You said he beat you by maybe 2 lengths right? Sounds about right but good death man, it could of been worst and lost to an 07 civic lol
    both of us have a six speed my car was stock except catback and how could he be that bad from a roll
    from a stop i could see it but when you ran as many times as we have you cant tell me its the driver

  11. #31
    Member mogs01gt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    37
    Posts
    676
    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    IM NOT TRYING TO DOG MUSTANGS I HAVE OWNED SEVERAL AND LOVED THEM UNTIL I GOT MY Z

    I HAD AN 86 5.0 SLOW
    95 GT SLOW
    07 GT SLOW

    MY BUDDY HAS a 98 cobra with full bolt ons and it is pretty quick but i still beat him

    my brother has the 04 svt cobra and that is the only mustang i would want for myself but my stock z28 still beat it stock

    the 98 and 07 were rated at 300-305 fwhp and the 04 was 390 fwhp and my camaro 300-325 rwhp took them all

  12. #32
    Senior Member Musclefan21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    1,155

    1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    both of us have a six speed my car was stock except catback and how could he be that bad from a roll
    from a stop i could see it but when you ran as many times as we have you cant tell me its the driver

  13. #33
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    both of us have a six speed my car was stock except catback and how could he be that bad from a roll
    from a stop i could see it but when you ran as many times as we have you cant tell me its the driver
    Did you guys swap cars and then run them?

  14. #34
    Rice Hungry GottaHaveLS1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,316

    Black
    1999 Trans Am M6

    Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    that dude with the termy cant drive then. an termy stock will walk away from an ls1 f body
    I beg to differ. Of course everyone's scared of them cuz of that eaton blower and their great response to mods. but stock for stock i've seen ls1's hang or win

  15. #35
    Impounded MikeSomething's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ
    Age
    37
    Posts
    1,420

    Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

    Don't feel bad man, 45mph = dead spot in an A4 trans.
    Def get a LS6 intake manifold & headers.

  16. #36
    Awaiting Activation
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    odessa,texas
    Posts
    1,056

    69 hugger orange
    98 z28

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHaveLS1 View Post
    I beg to differ. Of course everyone's scared of them cuz of that eaton blower and their great response to mods. but stock for stock i've seen ls1's hang or win
    thank u ive out ran him several times maybe all these guys cant drive there cars and thats why they think the cobras are so fast

    my suggestion is learn to drive then go kill a cobra

  17. #37
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    thank u ive out ran him several times maybe all these guys cant drive there cars and thats why they think the cobras are so fast

    my suggestion is learn to drive then go kill a cobra
    did you guys swap cars and then run them?

  18. #38
    TunedbyFrost.com Tuner Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Richmond VA
    Posts
    2,415

    LS1.com Sponsor
    GM Tuner

    Quote Originally Posted by zaddiction27 View Post
    TCS will only apply the brakes when you lose traction so it will have no ill affect. Your O2s could have a issue unless its just the rears.

    It's usually active WITH tq mngmnt, particulary at shifts. Turn TCS OFF for any kind of racing, roll or dig.


    Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Did you consider that maybe he was modded? Stock for stock, you should have had the upper hand. Maybe your 02's did play a part. Anyways, you win some, you lose some.
    O2s have absolutely NO EFFECT at WOT. WOT is an open-loop state.


    Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    It probly would have help and would have taken out the hesitation of the down shift but before I did that, I would have tried to get him to run from a slower roll than 45.
    No, don't shift by hand, but DO move the shifter from OD to D. The downshift to first or second is much easier on the trans going from Drive.



    If you have LTs, grab you up an LS6 intake and get the car tuned. Reduction in tq mngmnt and faster shifts REALLY help out from the roll.

  19. #39
    Senior Member SeVeReDiStOrTiOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Roseville, CA
    Posts
    8,164

    05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin23454 View Post
    ;( IM sad. Anyways, ya i lost to a gT he was an M5, we went from about a 45 roll, and he had me by like 2 cars? I Dont know if my 02s being bad and mt TCS being on had anything to do with it but, either way I Lost OH well, I need to get my damn lT headers and ory on, then a tune.... but then i Will have to worry about traction probly... sigh.
    Shouldn't have went from a 45 roll...thatw as always a huge dead spot for my auto w/3.23's. Did yours kick down a gear? If you hit it in a dead spot even a civic will hang with you for several seconds...a S197 will def pull.

  20. #40
    Member 2-bowties&abird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    lancaster,va.
    Age
    38
    Posts
    505

    cam/lt headers
    blue 2000 ws6 m6

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdeezs View Post
    FWHP? = Front Wheel Horse Power...must be a typo.

    I never shift my Auto from a dig but from a roll its usually best to start in a lower gear so you dont have to wait for the downshift. Right after I get in it I shift it back into D so the computer does the shifting and I don't start bouncing off the limiter.
    fwhp=fly wheel horsepower

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Got Killed!!!
    By NavdeepWS6 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 04:15 PM
  2. I killed my own car...
    By ls1camino in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-08-2008, 12:37 PM
  3. killed an sti
    By blue02Z in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 04:53 AM
  4. Something funny happened, then got killed and killed today !
    By Speedy_Gonzales in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 08:39 PM
  5. i got killed......
    By jbb6811 in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 03:20 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •