Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Killed a 04 KB Cobra on spray

This is a discussion on Killed a 04 KB Cobra on spray within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Ive seen reports of them touching 9s never seen it personally then again i really havent seen that many 03+ ...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Ive seen reports of them touching 9s never seen it personally then again i really havent seen that many 03+ cobras run at the track, and yes our cars with a little boost can run low 11s, saw a camaro recently with 10 to 1 comp ratio and 15psi running mid to high 10s. Very nice car. He was running stock internals which they will prbably break but he has been running this setup for a while now and its holding up good.

C6 H/C/N20

What are the warnings I see in your sig for?

Black
    2002 WS6

There are stock cam/heads LS1s running low 11s NA. That's impressive. There's nothing in this thread that's impressive. It takes more than a few phoney amateur roll-races to impress me. Vids like that are a dime a dozen and they go both ways. Cobra is fast for sure, it's really cool to see the reaction when they get clobbered. Ford boys still have a complex about the LT1 and LS1 and the way they mutilated them for years. With the right mods, they still do.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    There are stock cam/heads LS1s running low 11s NA. That's impressive. There's nothing in this thread that's impressive. It takes more than a few phoney amateur roll-races to impress me. Vids like that are a dime a dozen and they go both ways. Cobra is fast for sure, it's really cool to see the reaction when they get clobbered. Ford boys still have a complex about the LT1 and LS1 and the way they mutilated them for years. With the right mods, they still do.
    I had a H/C full bolt on 99 SS. Ran 11.50's w/3:42 at 121mph check out my welcome section if you dont believe it, i have a few pics posted. It was a joke driving it, it was not powerful enough. It was not impressive to ME. I put a 100 shot and it was better but I was pushing the limits on the shortblock and I wanted 800-1000hp, easy to get in a Cobra. My Cobra walked it.
    I speak from experience only. Chevy guys.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

You have high standards for seat of the pants performance Jayplay.

If I can get mine in the low 11's around 130, I will be satisfied with my street car.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Ahh you can still buy a Trans am and get the motor stroked with forged internals and still not spend as much as it costs to just buy a cobra, generally around 24-28k cobra with under 30,000, the trans am with forged internals storker is 12k for the car 4k for the storker setup 1500 for some heads 1200 for valve train and cam 500 for intake manifold and your makeing 500+rwhp, i just spent under 20,000 and makeing 500+rwhp in a lighter car, if you went low compression with you setup then you slap a turbo setup or supercharger setup and get a stage 3 clutch and rear end probablly spent around 25 to 26k and with a turbo or supercharger setup your makeing 800-1000rwhp, so you spent as much as a stock or slightly moddified cobra costs but you have a 800+rwhp car.

The warnings in my sig are for saying mean things to people i guess.

I spent 10700 for my 2000 with 45,00 miles on it, if i put 15,000 into it i would get 25700 which is a normal price for a cobra these days, i could have a much faster car with a much better looking body imo. I like cobras but the cost too much and the body style was never that great through my eyes anyway. They also weigh alot, you can get a f-body so low in weight. Got a buddy whos 98 formula is down to 2670lbs without him.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 07-27-2007 at 08:35 AM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Damn, he gutted the hell out of that thing. 2670! That thing should haul fkkn ass with a STOCK motor.

Some 03 guy in another thread said, "you don't know what I paid for my car." I DO know I was looking at them, and you will be damn lucky to get one that isn't ragged out for less than 25K from a dealer. Decent condition, FROM a dealer, you are looking at high 20's.

Private owners might part ways for 21-23K, but who the f*ck has 23 grand burning a whole in their pocket, really? Hell, it was all my spare cash to get an F-bod for 8K.

If you can get one for less than 20K, then its stolen or a scam. Or it has 100K miles on the clock, and looks/runs like it has been rented out to drug dealers for a 40 dollar piece.

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    You have over 600rwhp and break into 10s, too much tire spin or what? 132mph in the quarter i would think you would be a little quicker down the track.
    When I ran the Eaton blower I ran on 10.5x16 ET Streets. I ran 8 psi in those tires and the car went down the track fairly easy. You had to keep it straight. After I went to the KB I bought a set of 17 inch ET Streets. My first time on a track was a local 1/8th. I made three passes and almost all three were in the wall. I ran 105 at 7.13 with my foot off the throttle the last hundred feet or so. I didn't know what it was. I took it to Rockingham and it did the same thing although the lanes at Rockingham were a hell of a lot wider. I held it as much as I could before it got over into the center lane. I had to lift completely on the two passes. The second pass it went 11.21 at 131. It turns out 8 psi in 17 inch ET Streets is bad news. On one of my passes at the local 1/8 it got so bad I actually was bracing for impact when it came back under me. I sold it before I could get back to the track again. I'm building my own SN197 Cobra rather than paying some thief dealer. I've butchered up three Cobras so to me why not just build one.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

lol good idea, and thanks for the explaining.

Awaiting Activation
    Some things never change. The Ford vs GM arguments have never been better than they are at LS1.com. The pattern is always the same. A guy posts a kill of a supercharged Cobra, and the Ford guys have nervous breakdowns and call BS.

Classic.
    I rarely come over here anymore and you haven't changed. I didn't see a "BUNCH" of Ford guys have "NERVOUS" breakdowns.

Here's one:

"so you are saying you beat 700+rwhp cobra?

the guys either don't worth a damn on driving

or

the guy didn't spray at all and had one of those 2.2 KB with a safe tune makes 550rwhp and still couldn't drive and didn't spray and lost.

I tell you this man, untill you post a video or something, i call BS you beating a KB coba on spray unless you are making at least 600+rwhp"
    Well booohoo. Is that really taking a shit in your sandbox? One guy? Ford guys? Wow, let's jump off a cliff. Other than the post with the "IF" and my post it was civilized. You aint related to Joe Wilson of Plame flame are you?

If the guy had a KB running an extremely safe 12-13 psi making 550 rwhp SAE and hit it with a puny dry shot through a puny 036 jet he would have had 700 plus rwt and on street tires or DR's and that were cold he couldn't hookup below 100 mph in third gear or less. I don;t know many of any that spray with a KB. Why would they? 17-18 psi on a 2.2 KB is 600 rwhp SAE and a two minute pulley change. Why worrry about filling a bottle when you have more than you need under your foot for free. I can tell you this you aint hearing nothing but the shrill of that KB at WOT and I don't care how good your hearing is especially from the front or side of the car.

Also, pot meet kettle. It aint worth my time but anyone can search for your username on SVTPerformance.com and find you throw a mighty fine fit yourself and are wuick to pull out the BS flag. Not to mention several other F-Body owners. Get real man. It's free speech.

I guess it's just human nature and a Ford guy isn't supposed to be human. Hum? You got many friends?
    Last edited by Pumped03; 07-27-2007 at 11:05 AM.

Awaiting Activation
    Total posts: 59

What did you do, get banned and then allowed to register again and use the same username. You've been on here for years and haven't changed a bit.

Ford boys still have a complex about the LT1 and LS1 and the way they mutilated them for years.
    No offense to the other F-Body guys but I must:

An 99-01 Cobra is right on an LS1's ass. I know, I owned 99, 01 and 03 Cobras. Bob Cosby ran very low 11's on a mildly modded engine in a 99 Cobra running NMRA with a lot of drive train mods though. He's pulling 1.4x 60's. I'm still waiting to see a bone stock 330 rwhp LS1. I'm a friend of Darren Hoyle in Taylorsville, NC with a Dynojet in his shop and he shows me tons of dyno sheets. A near stock WS6 with headers, exhaust tuned and lid made 330 rwhp SAE. He runs a Camaro by the way, 600 CI aluminum big block, 400 shot, runs 150 plus at Shadyside, Mooresville, Farmington (that's an 1/8th my friend) and sets track records all over the mid-Atlantic. I always post my correction when I post my dyno numbers. I'd have to see a 330 rwhp SAE on a bonestock LS1 for me to believe it. With todays manufacturing practises the days of the factory freaks died long ago.

From what I've see it's the other way around on complexes. Besides, you are the one with the problem. You haven't learned by now it's who puts the most moeny in their car that wins. Modded to modded and you are making an analogy. There is only one comparison, stock for stock, the 03 Cobra is at least 1/2 second quicker in the 1/4. Deal with it.

it's really cool to see the reaction when they get clobbered.
    My buddy and I drove all over the mid-Atalntic to tracks, Bristol, Rockingham, Darlington, Richmond, Moresville, Farmington, Wilkesboro, Shadyside and a few more I can;t even remember. He makes on average about 30 more rwhp than me. I modded both our cars as we progressed from pulley swaps on teh Eatons, to header installs to KB installs. His is an inlaw to Johnny Lightning. He tuned his car, JDM did mine. He always had me. Mark wouldn't pass on a street race if it ran through the center of the police station. He drives like a maniac and I always end up following him more like chasing. I constantly had to tell him to slow down. I can't tell you how many vette, Vipers and F-bodies I've sat in the catbird seat and watched him drub the street with. Usually what will happen is they will fly up and screw with me. When they see I won't bite they fly up on Mark and get a dose of reality. When they finally realize it aint just a rustang they back off. You want to talk about a complex. Seeing the look on their face is about as comical as it gets especially vette and viper owners.

Here's one kill for ya. Mark had a guy that worked with him in his car when we were passing through Monroe, NC on 74 on our way to Rockingham. I was ahead of Mark about 6-8 cars. We were in the LH lane. I saw something white pull up from the right but didn't pay much attention. Right when I got even with him all I saw was a white flash that came into my lane about 2-3 feet and ran me into the median. He nailed it and ran right up on me door handle to door handle. It ws an SS with SLP badges. It had mods but I don;t know what he had. It was damned sure louder than mine. He kept mashing it and backing off. I rolled my window down. There is one thing that kills me is someone messing with you but are a fraid to make eye contact. I looked back and Mark ran right up on his ass, maybe three feet if that. Mark is a mean SOB. He was shot point blank in the cheek with a 9mm in Charlotte a few years ago. He's someone you need to pack a lunch if you are looking for trouble. I hollered, look, you are surrounded. He fianlly loked over laughing. When we got to a light I stopped as it turned red and this turd flew on through. Mark and I sat there and laughed. I could not believe my eyes when we got out of town and this turd was waiting for us on the side of the road. They lined up 5-6 times from rolls from 10-40 mph and it was nothing more than a royal ass whipping. That poor old boy went from thinking he was Mr. Bad Ass to getting a big does of humility. The SS was by himself and MArk with a passenger. Mark had 530 rwhp at the time.

Too bad you have no understanding of what racing really is about. Why am I surprised.
    Last edited by Pumped03; 07-27-2007 at 11:38 AM.

Awaiting Activation
    Sorry, DP.
    Last edited by Pumped03; 07-27-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Pumped03 View Post
    When I ran the Eaton blower I ran on 10.5x16 ET Streets. I ran 8 psi in those tires and the car went down the track fairly easy. You had to keep it straight. After I went to the KB I bought a set of 17 inch ET Streets. My first time on a track was a local 1/8th. I made three passes and almost all three were in the wall. I ran 105 at 7.13 with my foot off the throttle the last hundred feet or so. I didn't know what it was. I took it to Rockingham and it did the same thing although the lanes at Rockingham were a hell of a lot wider. I held it as much as I could before it got over into the center lane. I had to lift completely on the two passes. The second pass it went 11.21 at 131. It turns out 8 psi in 17 inch ET Streets is bad news. On one of my passes at the local 1/8 it got so bad I actually was bracing for impact when it came back under me. I sold it before I could get back to the track again. I'm building my own SN197 Cobra rather than paying some thief dealer. I've butchered up three Cobras so to me why not just build one.
    Damn pumped, that thing was hauling ass at 105 mph in the 1/8. You ever get a 6 sec time slip out of that Kenne 03?

The SN197, that is the new "old" style mustang, or the 01 Cobra style (I think it is referred to as New Edge)?

Correct me if I am wrong:

88-93 called Fox body
    94-98 called SN95
    99-04 called New Edge
    05-current called SN197

C6 H/C/N20

Ahh you can still buy a Trans am and get the motor stroked with forged internals and still not spend as much as it costs to just buy a cobra, generally around 24-28k cobra with under 30,000, the trans am with forged internals storker is 12k for the car 4k for the storker setup 1500 for some heads 1200 for valve train and cam 500 for intake manifold and your makeing 500+rwhp, i just spent under 20,000 and makeing 500+rwhp in a lighter car, if you went low compression with you setup then you slap a turbo setup or supercharger setup and get a stage 3 clutch and rear end probablly spent around 25 to 26k and with a turbo or supercharger setup your makeing 800-1000rwhp, so you spent as much as a stock or slightly moddified cobra costs but you have a 800+rwhp car.

The warnings in my sig are for saying mean things to people i guess.

I spent 10700 for my 2000 with 45,00 miles on it, if i put 15,000 into it i would get 25700 which is a normal price for a cobra these days, i could have a much faster car with a much better looking body imo. I like cobras but the cost too much and the body style was never that great through my eyes anyway. They also weigh alot, you can get a f-body so low in weight. Got a buddy whos 98 formula is down to 2670lbs without him.
    You can get a modded KB Cobra already for $24K these days that run the times already. Ive helped 3 friends get used LS1's and let me tell ya, a $24K Cobra is in much better shape (different mentailities buy Cobras) than a $12K F-body. I sold my 99SS w/98K miles for $13K and that car squeeked and rattled everywhere. I also had MORE money in my SS than I have my Cobra now except for the initial price. SS was 19K w/22K miles Cobra was 25K with 26K miles.

Price is the worst argument ever.

C6 H/C/N20

They do not weigh alot. They weigh 3660 for a coupe. I saved 118lbs just with live axle swap alone. I have removed a few other things and I would be surprised if my car weighed an ounce over 3500lbs. I have not weighed it but my Camaro weighed 3493lbs, with no blower or Iron block. Maybe it was the doors.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah those doors due weigh alot lol, i mean i run a 12.8 with just headers short shifter, hooker catback lol and a lid. I think thats good for a sull weight car. Im also 210 so with me like a 3700 pound car. Fuck my supras curb weight is like 3750 lol.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    You have high standards for seat of the pants performance Jayplay.

If I can get mine in the low 11's around 130, I will be satisfied with my street car.
    You will NEVER be satisfied! Look at C6 Z06's. With a tune and LT's they run with modded Cobras! That will be my next car, with FI ofcourse. Technology is getting so good and power is too easy.

Hey, my posts are to talk, thats all. I do not mean to insult anyone and I bet I love LS1's as much as any guy on here.

I am never satisfied.

If you want to see nice NEW C6 Z06's here is a picture thread. You may have to register, but it is worth it. NICE BIG quality pics to.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1205511

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I paid 10700, 12700 with the 3 year warrenty, 45,00 miles nothing worng the car was in perfect condition so how can you say you cant get a good ls1 car for 12000. I see ls1s cars with ujnder 10,000 miles goin for 17-19k around here.

C6 H/C/N20

I paid 10700, 12700 with the 3 year warrenty, 45,00 miles nothing worng the car was in perfect condition so how can you say you cant get a good ls1 car for 12000. I see ls1s cars with ujnder 10,000 miles goin for 17-19k around here.
    $17k-$19k is crazy for an F-body. Newwer Cobras are a hair 4-5K more with MODS already. You can finance the whole Cobra look at loan values on F-bodies, very low loan value. That means you have to buy a beat up LS1 to get a cheaper one. F-bodies get ragged HARD too.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah that is crazy but you get the car with like 2000miles on it the cobras you pay mid 20s for have 20k or more you pretty much buying a new car. Most people including myself liek to buy cars bone stock i like to mod and feel the performance difference with each mod makes it more your own car imo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information