Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Killed a 04 KB Cobra on spray

This is a discussion on Killed a 04 KB Cobra on spray within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by BURNEM I was in Charlottte yesterday in the independence area when a blue cobra vert came through ...

Awaiting Activation
    Quote Originally Posted by BURNEM View Post
    I was in Charlottte yesterday in the independence area when a blue cobra vert came through traffic. This thing sounded awesome, make me want one. We played around through 3 intersections till we caught a light. We agreed if it was clear ahead we would go for it.
    Lights change and we're off! I pull 2 cars instant in first and then shut down four cars up @ 60 in second. The guy pulls back up and motions for me to pull over.

We pull over at a gas station and talk a bit. The first thing he says is oh it's an auto that why you took off,we need to run from a roll. He asks what I have? I tell him H/C and a stall, and a truck block. He tells me he has exhaust a Kenne bell and a tune, still on IRS. I see in behind his shifter on a flat panel a bottle warmer, activation, and purge switch. I ask about it, he tells me it was before the KB? So we head ot to I-77 to make a roll pass from 50.

We get on and cruise a bit till we get a good spot. We slow I beep off three, and we're off. Side by side I'm edgeing him out @ 60 then his car gets throatier, the KB's whine spikes and begings to pull fast! He went from my rear tire to me looking at his backglass almost his rear plates from 60 to a lil before 70. So I turn on my first kit and stop his pull round him at 80 have 2 cars @ 95 and stop.

He pulls back up with a weird look on his face holds his fingers up for a 70 start. Ok
    We wait for traffic to clear up a bit and go again. Begin the beeps on the second one he nails it and pulls up a car. I hit it car down shifts( delay feels like forever when your getting pulled) I hit both kits at once this time and pull out out 4 cars to 100. He came back by gave the thumbs up and got off at next exit.

I know that I didn't tell him I was spraying but he lied when he said it was an old kit.I wasn't going to spray him till he used his.I know how an engines sound changes when its being sprayed. It didn't have to be a big shot on a blower car, to make great power.
    I lived just north of Hickory for 14 years. What times do you have from Farmington or Mooresville.

I doubt you could hear it over a KB and the sopund is not throatier. A KB sounds nothing like an Eaton. It is a high pitched shrill. I have ripped it a little passing people and I have nearly scared people to death when that sound hits their ears. I don't know many people running spray on a KB. I put a dry kit on a buddies 03 before I did the KB to his 03. He is an in-law to Johnny Lightning. He says he gets special tunes. I do know he had one of the highest HP and torque for an unported Eaton. We dynod at Hoyles in Taylorsville. On the Eaton alone he made 508 rwhp SAE and 560 rwt with a 2.80 upper and a six lower. Then I put an 036 jet in an we hit it, 550 rwhp and 615 rwt. Then I dropped in an 048 jet, 590 rwhp and 690 rwt.

Even if somenone has a KB they may not be pulling but 10 psi making 530 rwhp. If he was making big boost and hit the bottle there is no way he would have had traction. My 03 on cool days running 17 psi in third gear punching the throttle at 80 mph would roast the tires till I let off well over 120 but I ran a 3.90 gear. Mine made 611 rwhp with a puny 560 rwt the last time I dynoed it at Hoyles. The torque was poor because I was running way rich dropping off the scale 10:1 before I hit 5500 rpm.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

You have over 600rwhp and break into 10s, too much tire spin or what? 132mph in the quarter i would think you would be a little quicker down the track.
    Last edited by 2000T/A Guru; 07-24-2007 at 02:55 PM.

white/Viper blue
    01 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    There always something faster out there, ive been in 700+rwhp and get smoked by 900+rwhp cars on the street lol, at 700rwhp you think you got the fastest shit on the street there always some millionaire old guy whos got like 300 more hp than you ITS NEVER ENOUGH.
    And you tell me this why? My car is my hobby, if I lose I lose big deal I'm not going to cry over it. I had a good kill I though off what the guy told me, so I posted it.

C6 H/C/N20

Good kill. Nothing in this story sounds usual but thats life. It sounds like you guys took this race to only 100mph? I can rip my 315 Nitttos from 60-80mph with ease just on KB blower alone but hey, if youre not lying. Good kill.

Sometimes I miss my old 99SS H/C bolt on w/100 shot. Wanted more though.

How do it get my sig info to show after a post?
    Last edited by JayplaySS2; 07-24-2007 at 06:42 PM.

C6 H/C/N20

You have over 600rwhp and break into 10s, too much tire spin or what? 132mph in the quarter i would think you would be a little quicker down the track.

He's running a 6spd with DR's (Im sure). Some Cobra guys swap for a stalled/auto and a real tire and they can be 9.90's and better at 140mph. Its not too bad with the 6spd. My old LS1 (99 H/C full bolt on w100 shot) got walked by my Cobra the 3 times we raced. Traction is the key. 500+ ft/lbs tq at 2-3K is NOT easy to tame. Here is my Camaro and my greeting that everyone ignores maybe due to the Cobra.

Hey guys.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by JayplaySS2 View Post
    Good kill. Nothing in this story sounds usual but thats life. It sounds like you guys took this race to only 100mph? I can rip my 315 Nitttos from 60-80mph with ease just on KB blower alone but hey, if youre not lying. Good kill.

Sometimes I miss my old 99SS H/C bolt on w/100 shot. Wanted more though.

How do it get my sig info to show after a post?
    You are right Ford guy, there is no way the Cobra could have lost. EVER.

Why all the foreplay, why not just call BS?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I wasnt telling you about there always being a faster car i was just stating.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    You are right Ford guy, there is no way the Cobra could have lost. EVER.

Why all the foreplay, why not just call BS?

Im not only a Ford guy. You believe EVERYTHING you read on the internet? Exactly.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well with heads, cam, and a 100 shot, with drag radials and 4.10s on a 6 speed an ls1 car can run low 11s, which is pretty much what the kb Cobras are at. I mean they do hit 10s but some ls1 cars with that setup have aswell.

Black
    2002 WS6

Some things never change. The Ford vs GM arguments have never been better than they are at LS1.com. The pattern is always the same. A guy posts a kill of a supercharged Cobra, and the Ford guys have nervous breakdowns and call BS.

Classic.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Black R/A View Post
    Some things never change. The Ford vs GM arguments have never been better than they are at LS1.com. The pattern is always the same. A guy posts a kill of a supercharged Cobra, and the Ford guys have nervous breakdowns and call BS.

Classic.
    I see your sarcasim but nobody had a nervous breakdown and since I am an LS1 guy too, I dont take offense to your Ford remarks. My H/C/Nos LS1 did NOT trap 130+ that are the NORM for Twin screw Cobras. Live in denial all you want, I have had both.

Hey dont worry, we will always be like this, its what makes for competition.
    It even happens to Ford and Chevy design teams, read what happens when GM builds a Donovan powered big block Camaro to beat a Mustang. Ford vs Chevy right at the heart! Im not gonna give too much away but see which one gets smoked!!

Cliff notes: "In the dark beyond, bright digits flash on: 10.76 seconds, 134.44 mph. The Camaro is dead, dispatched by a single stroke of the executioner. The Boss's backup run is quicker still: 10.55 at 135.05."
    http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...n-detroit.html

Black
    2002 WS6

I see your sarcasim but nobody had a nervous breakdown and since I am an LS1 guy too, I dont take offense to your Ford remarks. My H/C/Nos LS1 did NOT trap 130+ that are the NORM for Twin screw Cobras. Live in denial all you want, I have had both.

It even happens to Ford and Chevy design teams, read what happens when GM builds a Donovan powered big block Camaro to beat a Mustang. Ford vs Chevy right at the heart! Im not gonna give too much away but see which one gets smoked!!

Cliff notes: "In the dark beyond, bright digits flash on: 10.76 seconds, 134.44 mph. The Camaro is dead, dispatched by a single stroke of the executioner. The Boss's backup run is quicker still: 10.55 at 135.05."

My favorite quote from the article:

The Camaro is the undisputed champ going into this bout, having bested the Mustang the last six times they've met on our pages.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I trapped 97.4 in the 1/8 without nitrous, and lit em all the way through second gear. I know it will put something down in the 120 range through the 1/4.

Maybe you should have put more effort into your F-bod setup.

Ask Pumped03, he is a die hard Termy fan. He got outrun by a H/C F-bod with nitrous, ONCE.

You sound a lot more like a Ford fanatic than an F-bod fan. Even posting Ford accolades on an LS1 site. Now that is ballsy. Even I wouldn't be that rude.

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    I trapped 97.4 in the 1/8 without nitrous, and lit em all the way through second gear. I know it will put something down in the 120 range through the 1/4.

Maybe you should have put more effort into your F-bod setup.

Ask Pumped03, he is a die hard Termy fan. He got outrun by a H/C F-bod with nitrous, ONCE.

You sound a lot more like a Ford fanatic than an F-bod fan. Even posting Ford accolades on an LS1 site. Now that is ballsy. Even I wouldn't be that rude.

Nothing at all rude with competition. My SS trapped 121 w/o the nitrous...(Thats fu$ing slow) Everyone will get outrun at some point, having a Cobra never guarantees a win. It has yet to happen to me though. This post is just comical. A KB Cobra w/suspected nitrous couldnt get to a 100mph quickly it sounds....pathetic.I have my closest friend right now getting a procharger at 8lbs his 00 Z28 and he has a 100 shot already. Watch who wins that race....Kinda like this one. This will help show Cobras can launch fine and can still walk FI LS1's. Good vid though and a nice FI GTO.

C6 H/C/N20

What happens when you put a TT GTO, a STS GTO and a N20 Camaro aginst a KB Cobra Hmmmmmm.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f...76017aaf3e.htm

Thats gotta HURT.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

What happens when you put a TT GTO, a STS GTO and a N20 Camaro aginst a KB Cobra Hmmmmmm.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/f...76017aaf3e.htm

Thats gotta HURT.
    Ouch... how fast IS a KB Cobra...in the real world 1/4 type thing?!

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

anywhere from mid 10s to low 11s is what i have seen with KBs.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

anywhere from mid 10s to low 11s is what i have seen with KBs.
    ouh...crapilly built Twin Turbo GTO...and um... the basic STS kit... then...

C6 H/C/N20

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    Ouch... how fast IS a KB Cobra...in the real world 1/4 type thing?!
    As long as they hook, and have a decent clutch (some guys run stock clutch until it grenades) they should ALL be in the 10's at 130-135mph but like anything some guys run 11's.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

As long as they hook, and have a decent clutch (some guys run stock clutch until it grenades) they should ALL be in the 10's at 130-135mph but like anything some guys run 11's.
    yeah... that's true...always difrente variables and such...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information