Results 1 to 19 of 19

A kill while idling?

This is a discussion on A kill while idling? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Nothing I consider a "kill" but it was kinda funny to me so I thought I'd share it. I guess ...

  1. #1
    Member IH8EVRY1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    298

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS

    A kill while idling?

    Nothing I consider a "kill" but it was kinda funny to me so I thought I'd share it. I guess I was less than educated sometime ago and didn't know anything either though.

    So I'm driving back from the Gunnery Range today on a south eastern GA hwy and I see a red '91ish Toyota Celica pulling up from a side road. I immediately noticed the flat black aluminum wing where the factory spoiler used to be and rode on just shaking my head. A few minutes later I see the two teenage dudes driving it working their way up towards me. I stopped for a bottle of water at one of the gas stations as I got back to I-95 and watched them pull in behind me and pull up to a pump. As I came out they were getting back in the car and pulled up beside me as I backed up. The driver asked me if I'd ever ran it. My smart ass reply, "It runs everytime I crank it up..." He asked if I wanted to run and he asked if I was scared when I said not really. I said "Yeah I'm a little intimidated." and nodded towards his tachometer saying.."That thing is huge. I bet you never miss a shift." Then he told me it was automatic. I said, "So is mine. So what's the deal with the extra large Tack?" He replied that he shifts it manually sometimes. I asked (Sarcastically) if he had a manual valve body or something and he said no it has a cold air intake. "Ah...You'll get there one day bud...C ya."

    I couldn't bring myself to smash to kid and I'm not saying I know a lot about cars but he kinda killed himself I guess. I actually felt bad for him a little until a few miles down the interstate he gave me the ricer fly by with a

  2. #2
    Semper Paratus samuraidonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    33
    Posts
    62

    1992 Firebird
    1998 Camaro SS

    Priceless. Sometimes it's better to just let them think what they want to think. Even if you ran him and blew his doors off it wouldn't prove anything.... he would just come up with a nifty excuse to convince himself otherwise.
    1992 Firebird
    1998 Camaro SS
    2007 Cobalt SS- daily driver
    1986 Z28 383 stroker 4.56's
    1989 Crx-Si
    2001 F-150 4x4- winter DD

  3. #3
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    douchebags.hondabishizukissan crap. i never meet people like that in muscle cars
    Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Try roasting your crow. It'll be easier to get down.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I like grilling mine with a nice brown sugar based rub

  4. #4
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    They must know something we don't

  5. #5
    None Shall Pass Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    East of Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    3,828

    Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    douchebags.hondabishizukissan crap. i never meet people like that in muscle cars
    ^this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    douchebags.hondabishizukissan crap. i never meet people like that in muscle cars
    I have, there called foxbody drivers lol

  7. #7
    Member DaddysZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Westland, Michigan, United Sta
    Posts
    110

    Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

    I would have to agree with Zinergy.............Mustang owners in my experience seem to be the sorest losers. I'm currently running with an '02 Z28, but a few years back when I had a stock Acura CL, with an automatic and V6, I blew the doors off a GT Mustang, then at the next light he proceeded to tell me my car was a pos, and give me the finger. I just had to laugh.

  8. #8
    Member IH8EVRY1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    298

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS

    I do have to say that I probably deserved the finger for being a smart ass to the dude but he opened the door and then further opened his mouth with the CAI response to my valve body question. I guess I set him up for that too so I guess his gesture was well received on my part since I was a bit of a jerk. That's what I do though...what can I say.

    FWIW-The only reason(s) I didn't school him is the construction on I-95 is crazy right now and I think its more than irresponsible to race where dudes are working with nothing between them and cars. I wasn't going out of my way to race him and 95 was the way I needed to go. Not to mention, a Trooper buddy of mine had told me the day before about them setting up on 95 and I had seen a few on my drive up earlier. I just didn't want to deal with a ticket or the danger to the guys working through there.

    I'll take the finger. The laugh I got out of it was worth it.
    Y2K SS A4 Y2Y GU5: 12.96@106-SLP FLO PAC|P&P Stock TB | Pacesetter LT's | TSP Rumbler X Duals | B&M Trans Cooler | Rear Tubular LCA's w/ Relocation Brackets | Tubular PHB | SFC's | Diablo Sport Tuning


  9. #9
    Member IH8EVRY1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    298

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS

    Just curious,

    This is the second time the CAI thing came up with me, my SS and an import tuner. I've had this particular car for a year and a half, 9 months of which I couldn't drive it for various reasons.

    Does the CAI come up as a conversation between you guys and others talking car? Not to down play it's value or anything, I'm just curious if anyone else have people to claim their car is fast and use a CAI as the mod to start their claim and defense with. I know there are imports that would smoke me and I don't think of my car as being that fast but really...CAI?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,260

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by IH8EVRY1 View Post
    Just curious,

    This is the second time the CAI thing came up with me, my SS and an import tuner. I've had this particular car for a year and a half, 9 months of which I couldn't drive it for various reasons.

    Does the CAI come up as a conversation between you guys and others talking car? Not to down play it's value or anything, I'm just curious if anyone else have people to claim their car is fast and use a CAI as the mod to start their claim and defense with. I know there are imports that would smoke me and I don't think of my car as being that fast but really...CAI?
    Lol, alot of people just read the box and see that it adds 25hp and think its amazing. Not to mention it takes almost no mechanical skill to install a CAI. Generally people who brag about having a CAI are just people who dont know shit about cars or how to work on cars but they installed a CAI and are proud of the louder intake noise and the fact they swear the car feels a whole lot faster lol. Same as the little asian guy who told me his civic ex with a catback and cai would pull my 2000 T/A up top cause his car reved past 7,000rpms and mine only went to 6,200rpms at the time.

  11. #11
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater View Post
    douchebags.hondabishizukissan crap. i never meet people like that in muscle cars
    the mustang guys i see are usually pretty cool. i kinda feel sorry for them. They got less cubes. Seems like a handicap.

  12. #12
    expensive tires az gt eater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    phoenix
    Posts
    1,951

    white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Lol, alot of people just read the box and see that it adds 25hp and think its amazing. Not to mention it takes almost no mechanical skill to install a CAI. Generally people who brag about having a CAI are just people who dont know shit about cars or how to work on cars but they installed a CAI and are proud of the louder intake noise and the fact they swear the car feels a whole lot faster lol. Same as the little asian guy who told me his civic ex with a catback and cai would pull my 2000 T/A up top cause his car reved past 7,000rpms and mine only went to 6,200rpms at the time.
    i got a weed eater that will go 13,ooo rpms. When i finally get that HEAVY ls1 block out of my car, i will kick ALL your asses. Btw, anyone know where i can get the bellhousing conversion? Its a t-56 , ummm, 6 speed? I think.
    Last edited by az gt eater; 05-04-2010 at 08:34 PM. Reason: definetily not an automatic, im pretty sure

  13. #13
    Exalted Cyclops 67CamaroRSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    5,824

    2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

    I know what you mean by a "Kill while idling". Here's my story:

    A few years ago I had headers with an electric cutout on the 02. Guy in a Honduh pulls up next to me at a light. He revs his fart can. I look over while I'm opening up the cutout, smile a toothy grin then give it a little rev. His eyes got as big as saucers. When I left the light at a slow crawl he stayed behind me.

    These cars are too much fun!
    67 Camaro: K-K + 797-z (look it up), 454/Th400/4.10 12-bolt = 6mpg, PS/PDB/PW tilt, tach, gauges...

    2005 Corvette LS2/M6 Magnetic Red Metallic (What else would it be?) w/ Cashmere interior

    2002 Z28: NBM/Tan, MTI smooth lid, smooth bellows, !AIR, !cats, 1-3/4" QTP SS LT's, 2-1/2" TD's with X-pipe, MagnaFlows dumped at axle, custom welded SFC's, MidWest Chassis body mount adjustable T/A, 3400 stall, 3.23 gears (was 2.73). Tuned: 343rwhp/357rwt (before TD's). Best: 12.559 @ 108+, 1.73 60' @ 3500' DA w/MT ET Street DR's.

    Carbon footprint? CLOWN SHOE!

  14. #14
    Member IH8EVRY1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    298

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I know what you mean by a "Kill while idling". Here's my story:

    A few years ago I had headers with an electric cutout on the 02. Guy in a Honduh pulls up next to me at a light. He revs his fart can. I look over while I'm opening up the cutout, smile a toothy grin then give it a little rev. His eyes got as big as saucers. When I left the light at a slow crawl he stayed behind me.

    These cars are too much fun!
    If you gave it a little rev, technically that would be above an idle...J/K

  15. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    delaware
    Age
    36
    Posts
    60

    black
    04 evo8

    its people like that that give a horrible name to imports. I hate when those cars pull up next to me. And they think everyday theres a reason to be driving like they re in the fast and the furious.

  16. #16
    Member RJWZ28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sunniest city on Earth
    Age
    31
    Posts
    612
    2011 Silverado CC 4x4 6.2

    LOL I love it! I never got to play those games when I was driving my Z28, the only people who ever challenged me were in musclecars. Except once when I raced a WRX at a light, and he had me by a fender or so. Good times. I need another V-8 toy, and soon!

  17. #17
    Senior Member MrMasterCraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    1,266

    2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

    Quote Originally Posted by xcelr8 View Post
    its people like that that give a horrible name to imports. I hate when those cars pull up next to me. And they think everyday theres a reason to be driving like they re in the fast and the furious.
    You've got a few infractions, yet only 14 posts on this board?

    Wouldn't happen to be because you came on here, acting like the individual who was "killed" by the OP?

    2000 Z - Light Pewter Metallic - A4 - 130k - Bolt Ons - My Pride and Joy
    2002 C5 - Electron Blue - M6 - 32k - My Dream Car

  18. #18
    Senior Member Naaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    1,361

    Cayanne
    98 Z28 Vert M6

    I haven't been challenged by anyone yet, although, one of the guys I work with drives a 3.5 Altima (270 HP) who says he'd like to race me, and he thinks he'd win. He probably would, since I'm not that great with a manual yet (his is SMG). If I could achieve proper launch technique, I'd gladly race him, but...

  19. #19
    Member IH8EVRY1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    298

    Red
    2000 Camaro SS

    Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    I haven't been challenged by anyone yet, although, one of the guys I work with drives a 3.5 Altima (270 HP) who says he'd like to race me, and he thinks he'd win. He probably would, since I'm not that great with a manual yet (his is SMG). If I could achieve proper launch technique, I'd gladly race him, but...
    Your car info didn't show in you sig but this is a race you should win. The first CAI comment I got was from a guy I work with that drives one of those cars. It's quick but no LS1. My car was a flowmaster above stock when I raced him and had him by several cars in a 1/4 we marked off. I spun like crazy and didn't try to feather it. Good luck if you run him. I learned in my M6(SOLD) that on the road to launch as softly as possible from 1200-1500 rpm so I wouldn't spin too much. Then make clean shifts. The only way to get good a launching is to try different stuff so you know what you can and can't do in you car. Learn what you can do feels like and remember.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. idling and rpm problem
    By Hogsters in forum General Help
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-13-2015, 10:57 AM
  2. Idling
    By edrvsqz1980 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 03:15 AM
  3. Idling RPM's?
    By qwk01ta in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 11:09 PM
  4. My Camaro idling
    By Kamauxx in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-05-2007, 06:46 PM
  5. Idling at 650 to 750 RPM's
    By 9t8z28 in forum External Engine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 07:25 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •