Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Kill Twist

This is a discussion on Kill Twist within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Had a NBS Corvette pull up next to me at a light. Didn't get a super good look at which ...

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

Had a NBS Corvette pull up next to me at a light. Didn't get a super good look at which one it was. He looked over at me and asked if I wanted to go. I said sure. Then he giggled and said "It's like being in High School all over again". Well, I spun for about 2 seconds on the launch (only had the car a week at that point) and lost by 1/2 car length. Not sure if he was going just hard enough to beat me or if he sucked at driving as bad as I did. Regardless...I lost. He turned off about 1/2 mile later and waved goodbye.

Silver
    2003 GTI 1.8T :(

Quote Originally Posted by jb'sWS6 View Post
    Back when I had my 85 Camaro with a 358 pushing 400 hp (at the crank), I raced my friend's 67 Dodge Dart. He had bought it with a hot 440 in it. At the time I was diehard Chevy and was sure I would toast him. Didn't really factor in the power to weight ratio there... he spun off the line and I was ahead until I hit drive (full manual TH350). About that time he came from behind and FLEW by like he was passing me on the highway. The next time we raced he hooked up better and it had to be a 12 car length asswhupping. If nothing else it taught me to respect other brands. I got
    theres a guy near where i live with a 1200 hp dart... downright silly fast... don't laugh at me as i explain this cuz i didnt understand it.. but he had 4 transmissions he said.. so there were 4 gear shifters... i could see them lined up in a row.. very weird and hardcore... needless to say... fast

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 View Post
    Had a NBS Corvette pull up next to me at a light. Didn't get a super good look at which one it was. He looked over at me and asked if I wanted to go. I said sure. Then he giggled and said "It's like being in High School all over again". Well, I spun for about 2 seconds on the launch (only had the car a week at that point) and lost by 1/2 car length. Not sure if he was going just hard enough to beat me or if he sucked at driving as bad as I did. Regardless...I lost. He turned off about 1/2 mile later and waved goodbye.
    whats a NBS vette? and will i feel stupid after you give the answer... yes

Pewter
    Y2K WS6

I pretty much had quit racing when i got my bachelors degree. at a point i no longer had anything to prove. but i still LOOOOVED and still do. so i was in a newish G6 which when challenged had kicked the ass of a few mustangs ( V6's only and maybe an un modded V8 or 2 with a bad driver) so most of the kills scored on me.. i wasn't intending to race.

Down down columbus on I70. i see a 'stang SHARP paint job. i start looking it over. license was something like 97 cobra. had a Cobra bumper. i was admiring it.. when i pull up and try to get a look at the driver, suddenly there is massive turbo dump him hook a lower gear and all i see is tail lights. .... all i thought was SWEET a turbo!

last i remember well was an EVO. bright yellow, lowered big wing.. they had JUST came out in WV it's rare to see a new ride. so he was speeding a little coming out of town and i catch up trying to read a name badge.. when we hit a strait stretch and he just takes off... well i tried to keep up... he was a car length ahead.. put about 8 between me and him what seemed like instantly. that's when i figured out he took all the badges but the Mitsubishi badge off.

Great stories guys!

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by BULLET_WS6 View Post
    whats a NBS vette? and will i feel stupid after you give the answer... yes
    New Body Style.

It's a term used in the truck world for the newest style. I guess it's not used over here in the sports car world.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 View Post
    New Body Style.

It's a term used in the truck world for the newest style. I guess it's not used over here in the sports car world.
    o well i guess that makes sense now

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Probably major traction problems on the Supra's part. I've seen one spin all the way down the track when he was pushing 800hp.
    Yeah it was pretty funny, the supra owner was a friend of mine and he couldn't launch for shit. I would eat him out of the hole and see his light catching up quickly, but not quickly enough.

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS.6 R.I.P.

I was in North Carolina in my black ws6 cruising to my fiance's house. wasn't looking to race cause i has a different kind of tail on my mind. I look over at a random red light that they have on the highways there for no reason, and there's a new freaking Goat. I didn't recognize it cause they look weird to me. This dude in it doesn't look at me and I was preoccupied so I head off a bit quicker than him, but not on it. We get around a curve and I hear something revving. behind me there's a new style gt mustang trying to provoke the gto, and that guys laughing at him. I rev mine though and this guy pulls up to me and tries to use that inerta to pass me. that doesn't work out though and I blow his doors off...then I look back, and here comes the GTO. He pulled all the way up and beat me by a car length before he let off. The mustang never got close to us again, but I felt pretty humbled by that goat...even if they are ugly.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    I was in North Carolina in my black ws6 cruising to my fiance's house. wasn't looking to race cause i has a different kind of tail on my mind. I look over at a random red light that they have on the highways there for no reason, and there's a new freaking Goat. I didn't recognize it cause they look weird to me. This dude in it doesn't look at me and I was preoccupied so I head off a bit quicker than him, but not on it. We get around a curve and I hear something revving. behind me there's a new style gt mustang trying to provoke the gto, and that guys laughing at him. I rev mine though and this guy pulls up to me and tries to use that inerta to pass me. that doesn't work out though and I blow his doors off...then I look back, and here comes the GTO. He pulled all the way up and beat me by a car length before he let off. The mustang never got close to us again, but I felt pretty humbled by that goat...even if they are ugly.
    nice... btw you car looks really nice.. i allways wanted a black one.. but i got what came to me in a timely fashion

Junior Member 94TA25thANNIVERSARY's Avatar

White
    1994 Trans Am 25th

Worst loss I had was to a Civic hatch with turbo and wheelie bars. Thought it was a joke until it lifted the back of his car on takeoff and he ran a 10.9 to my 12.9. This was in my 81 Camaro LT.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 94TA25thANNIVERSARY View Post
    Worst loss I had was to a Civic hatch with turbo and wheelie bars. Thought it was a joke until it lifted the back of his car on takeoff and he ran a 10.9 to my 12.9. This was in my 81 Camaro LT.
    wow, its still like racing in the special olympics.. i wonder how much he put into that thing, and how many girls he gets in return

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

just a stalled, lts and bottle fed z28 on the highway.

and a few bikes here and there.....

oh and a trans am with 4.10s and full exhaust.....1 out of 2.

Black

nice... btw you car looks really nice.. i allways wanted a black one.. but i got what came to me in a timely fashion
    Mine's black, but it's not that nice looking right now, some bitch hit me in the rear quarter panel driver side. I have the front blacked our right now, my smooth locks came in today. not worth 20 bucks, but I'm looking for decent blackouts for the rear.

silver still looks good, and you can do so much more as far as decals and other things to make it look good. black's generic almost ever t/a I see is black. cool color, but I hate having one of the 8 black t/a's in town.

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by sharptransam View Post
    Mine's black, but it's not that nice looking right now, some bitch hit me in the rear quarter panel driver side. I have the front blacked our right now, my smooth locks came in today. not worth 20 bucks, but I'm looking for decent blackouts for the rear.

silver still looks good, and you can do so much more as far as decals and other things to make it look good. black's generic almost ever t/a I see is black. cool color, but I hate having one of the 8 black t/a's in town.
    ok fine, black would be a bitch in the heat... altho mine is as well cuz i got black leather... but i dont know... just kind of something i had allways wanted... and if i had black it doesnt need decals

Black

ok fine, black would be a bitch in the heat... altho mine is as well cuz i got black leather... but i dont know... just kind of something i had allways wanted... and if i had black it doesnt need decals
    true, I did see one black one that looked really good cause it was a new body style but it had the gold trim just like a bandit car. That I would pimp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information