Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kenne Bell Supercharged Cobra Vs Heads/Cammed Z06

This was last night. The 10.98 second Kenne Bell supercharged Cobra called out my friend's Z06. Supposedly the guy is making 570 RWHP and he also had some slicks on! Raced the mustang 5 times and the result was the same every single time.

Cya later stang boy! After the race, all of his henchmen were pissed off and were accusing my friend of using NOS. This is the Mustangs dig spot too and everybody was expecting for him to win. So they made my friend pop his trunk and hood...and they rummaged through the trunk and couldn't find any NOS lines. Oh yeah, this was at ... "Maryland International Raceway"

Outside:

Part I:

http://media.putfile.com/Kenne-Bell-...Cobra-Vs-Z06-I

Part II:

http://media.putfile.com/Kenne-Bell-...bra-Vs-Z06-III

Inside:

http://media.putfile.com/Kenne-Bell-...obra-Vs-Z06-II
    Last edited by LS1 RX7; 06-18-2006 at 06:52 AM.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Raising the bs flag on this one. I think you may have gotten some bad info.

I think that z06 is giving up too much HP to that cobra if it is really pushing 570 to the wheels. You said earlier the z06 has 450, right? looks like the z06 is getting the hole shot everytime too. no way, if that cobra is running drag slicks!

is it just me, or are all of your kill stories exactly the same?

z06 got called out
    z06 wins
    <insert opponents car here> was pissed and accused the z06 of spraying
    z06 gets searched and proves there is no Nitrous.

Quote Originally Posted by onehotcavalier
    Raising the bs flag on this one. I think you may have gotten some bad info.

I think that z06 is giving up too much HP to that cobra if it is really pushing 570 to the wheels. You said earlier the z06 has 450, right? looks like the z06 is getting the hole shot everytime too. no way, if that cobra is running drag slicks!

is it just me, or are all of your kill stories exactly the same?

z06 got called out
    z06 wins
    <insert opponents car here> was pissed and accused the z06 of spraying
    z06 gets searched and proves there is no Nitrous.
    490 RWHP on the dyno, 450 RWHP SAE Corrected. The Z06 ran 11.9 @ 121 MPH on those tires (315 BFG DR's) when he only had headers/intake. He was pushing 370 RWHP and he was feathering the clutch at low RPMs. I will ask him for that video.

Now with the heads/cam and making 490 RWHP, he's definetly in the 10's. It's not just heads/cam, he also has FAST intake, FAST throttle body, race tranny, carbon fiber driveshaft, pully, and some other stuff too. No NOS though. Everybody swears he has NOS until they see no NOS bottle/lines.

And remember, the Cobra weighs close to 3,600 without driver. The Z06 is more than 400 lbs lighter, thus it has less inertia to overcome.

Remember, it's not all about horsepower, it's about the powerband!! For instance, you can have two cars, one pushing 500 whp and the other pushing 600 whp. People will automatically assume that the 600 whp car will win. But how will it win if it makes it's power all the way up top, whereas the other car makes the power down low?

The winner is the one who can reach peak HP the fastest, get out of the hole the fastest, AND be able to put down this power without spinning tires.

I also have some videos of him racing a 500 RWHP Single turbo 350Z and he walked on that too.
    Last edited by LS1 RX7; 06-18-2006 at 08:56 AM.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by LS1 RX7
    490 RWHP on the dyno, 450 RWHP SAE Corrected. The Z06 ran 11.9 @ 121 MPH on those tires (315 BFG DR's) when he only had headers/intake. He was pushing 370 RWHP and he was feathering the clutch at low RPMs. I will ask him for that video.

Now with the heads/cam and making 490 RWHP, he's definetly in the 10's. It's not just heads/cam, he also has FAST intake, FAST throttle body, race tranny, carbon fiber driveshaft, pully, and some other stuff too. No NOS though. Everybody swears he has NOS until they see no NOS bottle/lines.

And remember, the Cobra weighs close to 3,600 without driver. The Z06 is more than 400 lbs lighter, thus it has less inertia to overcome.

Remember, it's not all about horsepower, it's about the powerband!! For instance, you can have two cars, one pushing 500 whp and the other pushing 600 whp. People will automatically assume that the 600 whp car will win. But how will it win if it makes it's power all the way up top, whereas the other car makes the power down low?

The winner is the one who can reach peak HP the fastest, get out of the hole the fastest, AND be able to put down this power without spinning tires.

I also have some videos of him racing a 500 RWHP Single turbo 350Z and he walked on that too.
    I understand what you are saying, but it might make more sense when you can post a timeslip for the ZO6. It will tell us alot. I just watched them again and all it told me was the Vette is easier to launch than the Cobra and the Cobra was breaking loose on a roll. i would like to see them both at a track and not on the street.
    Last edited by Marc87GN; 06-18-2006 at 10:40 AM.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

what a tight race, what does that z06 have? That just confirms my want for a z06

Black
    1987 Grand National

I felt there was something wrong so I did a little research. I wouldn't say your friend is definitely in the 10s until he gets a slip in his hands. This is independent information. Look at the power of this ZO6 and what it runs. You are about 60 rwhp short so that means less trap and ET so 10s probably isn't happening. Like I mentioned, this was a display of the faster car on the street and not the faster car overall. It could also be a case of better driving.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Chevrolet-C...slip-6960.html

There were also 2 KB blown Cobras listed and both ran high 9s/low 10s at about 135 mph.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

You are right about the power band rx7.... have you ever seen the powerband of kenne bell supercharged cobra? I have... I was a long time cobra owner.

take it to the track and bring a slip... then talk
    few things that really hurt you here...
    1. The dyno numbers.... don't talk about any dyno number unless it is SAE corrected. using uncorrected numbers is idiotic and doesn't mean a thing.

2. I swear your age just changed from 19 this morning to 24. I remeber this, cause you sound liek a 19 year old that is in full blown worship of a car and are just repeating BS that someone else is telling you. My impression is that you really just don't know what you are talking about.... sorry.

3. It's not your car and you have not posted a dyno sheet or a any track timeslips

4. the races I have seen are very, very short!

It's little things like this that kill your credibility... you need to bring a slip or everyone will think you are talking out of your ass.

you are right about putting the power to the ground. I've been doing this for a while (ie, I'm not a bench racer) and understand these concepts, that is why what you are saying is so fishy.

Please re-read my post up above. It made 490 RWHP on the dyno, ~450 RWHP SAE Corrected.

Dyno graph:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16816240784.jpg&s=f5

Dyno Video:

http://media.putfile.com/Z06-Dyno-Pull

He will run the z06 at the track soon with the new heads/cammed setup in 2 weeks. I will have the time slips and as well the video. Stay tuned. The guy who tuned it (Phil from LS1tech.com) says this car will run 10.6 with good driving on the DR's.

I can't find the 11.9 second run but I have the 12.08 second run of the Z06 Pre-heads/cam. This was feathering the clutch on the DR's.

http://media.putfile.com/HeadersIntake-Z06-vs-SHO
    Last edited by LS1 RX7; 06-18-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Please re-read my post up above. It made 490 RWHP on the dyno, ~450 RWHP SAE Corrected.

Dyno graph:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16816240784.jpg&s=f5

Dyno Video:

http://media.putfile.com/Z06-Dyno-Pull

He will run the z06 at the track soon with the new heads/cammed setup in 2 weeks. I will have the time slips and as well the video. Stay tuned. The guy who tuned it (Phil from LS1tech.com) says this car will run 10.6 with good driving on the DR's.

I can't find the 11.9 second run but I have the 12.08 second run of the Z06 Pre-heads/cam. This was feathering the clutch on the DR's.

http://media.putfile.com/HeadersIntake-Z06-vs-SHO
    I have $20 that I will Paypal that says he won't get near 10.6 with 450 rwhp on D/Rs. Hell, I will go as far as to say he doesn't get in the 10s period on D/Rs. I just posted one making more power that ran low 11s @ 125 mph on D/Rs so I'm confident in my statement. Could have been the driver, but 10s on D/Rs aint easy. I will believe it when I see it.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

[QUOTE=LS1 RX7]Please re-read my post up above. It made 490 RWHP on the dyno, ~450 RWHP SAE Corrected.

I read the post and the fact that you even mention the dyno numbers before SAE correction is what I am talking about. nobody..... NOBODY cares about uncorrected dyno numbers.

Do you actually think the 490 rwhp uncorrected dyno pull means anything?

I wish a 450 RWHP car could run 10's! That is where I will be when I finish with my mods on my c6, I believe.

With that HP, his 60' time better be freaking unreal to hit mid 10's. Not saying anymore until I see a time slip.

Silver
    1997 camaro z28

they had an article recently in Hot Rod that talked about "the fastest n/a LT1". It makes 456 rwhp and 367 ft/lbs of tq. It has been lightened to just under 3000 lbs and ran a 9.93 @ 135 mph on a 1.28 second 60 ft time. Its got a new th350 trans, M/T Slicks, a host of suspension work and the LT1 has been bored out to 396. It also has a 5,500 stall and a moser 12 bolt. Its not an LSx but if it can be done to an LT1 its possible to get a 450rwhp LSx car into the 10's. Just saying with the right setup it is possible to have a really fast car.
    Last edited by camarolvr69; 06-18-2006 at 07:18 PM.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Camarolovr,

that is a bad ass car!

like I said, if a 450 rwhp car is running mid 10's, it will have to have an awesome 60' time!
    --------------------------
    2006 Corvette A6, Bone Stock

rwhp 341.5 / rwtq 341.7

I dont think that Z06 can run 10s either. That video posted vs the EVO... he only inched away from him at like 115mph and the EVO was pump 23psi and they dont run anything near 10s yet. Mid 11s at best. I know Z06s can launch harder and such but still. 10 seconds is FASTTTT for a 450whp car.

red
    97slp ramair

times

The cobra is no where near the 10s I say maybe 12.1 12.4 the zo6 is lighter and launched out of the hole good. I say maybe high 11s I have a full bolt on lt1 Im just trying to get to the track with not going into the engine and see what it runs, I just put some shaft mount full rollers rockers on it and have full suspension. I havent put the torque arm on it yet because of stock rear end. I will tell you this I have removed everything to back seats in the t/a and put 4.11s in rear, I raced a cobra with exhaust and filter and tuning and a pulley he says he did not have one but it was whining like his, we raced from a dig 7 times with me on 315 nittos on rear. All seven times i won and got accused of having nos. But then again Im lt1 it cant be done But I tell you this a honda smoked one time.

NBM
    '00 Z28

[QUOTE=onehotcavalier]

I read the post and the fact that you even mention the dyno numbers before SAE correction is what I am talking about. nobody..... NOBODY cares about uncorrected dyno numbers.

Do you actually think the 490 rwhp uncorrected dyno pull means anything?

I wish a 450 RWHP car could run 10's! That is where I will be when I finish with my mods on my c6, I believe.

With that HP, his 60' time better be freaking unreal to hit mid 10's. Not saying anymore until I see a time slip.
    This month's Car Craft Magazine...

The Secret Squeeze
    It's the new sleeper style. Looks normal then rips into the 10s.

300 HP NA, add a time released 200 squeeze of N2O and she's running 10.38 @ 127 in '63 Nova.
    Last edited by toneloc60; 06-19-2006 at 09:49 AM.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

how much does a tubbed NOVA weigh?

Waiting on a timeslip for this zo6.... I still think it is 100 rwhp shy for mid 10's like this guy is claiming.

NBM
    '00 Z28

the nova isn't tubbed. In fact, she's running a 235 tire on 15x7 wheels.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Don't let 'em give you a hard time. 03 Cobra's are far from the Vette killer Ford fanatics have made them out to be. That Vette is light and slippery, the Ford is heavy and bricky. Hell, it is gonna eat a 100 of that RWHP just to make up for weight and drag disadvantage. That is why I have no trouble believing a 675 HP Cobra (15%) got busted by a 520 HP Vette (13%). Besides, having the tranny in the back is only going to improve traction.

(from the author, we somewhat know for sure what the Vette was SAE making, but who really knows what the Cobra was making?)

I have raced two pullied/modded 03 Cobra's, smoked one, but his clutch blew in third, hell I had him out of the hole by a car length by that time anyway, the other was on the highway making about 150, several times. We were neck and neck everytime, but Ford lover's (and some LS1'ers) are quick to call BS on BOTH. Neither knew the RWHP, but both knew the mods list like the back of their hand, go figure.

All you are gonna hear from the Ford crowd is, "with that pulley and this and that, I was making this, and smokin' them, you wouldn't have a chance "

Talk is cheap, let's see what happens when the rubber meets the road.

Sorry for getting on the .
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

That being said, 10's out of a H/C Z06 should be possible. But at 450 rwhp, damn, that is gonna take an ingenious suspension setup.

Lemans Blue
    06 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    That being said, 10's out of a H/C Z06 should be possible. But at 450 rwhp, damn, that is gonna take an ingenious suspension setup.

That is exactly what I meant when I said it better have an unreal 60' time

Thread Information