Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

K6 1000 vs zr1 bwahahaha

i know its not my cars kill story...but was still awesome none the less.

nice evening today and some even nicer cars are out i have seen...LOTS of vettes out. left work on I-35 to head home and a ZR1 came rolling past me...i was going 70, 60 was the speed limit he was going about 80-85. i really didnt think he would even bother racing his 118,000$ car he bought from the dealership i work at...but hey why not.

i caught up to him glanced over (middle age man with hawaiian button up short like all the rich guys seem to wear. he didnt acknowledge me but dropped it into whatever gear he thought he needed at a 50 roll. i started off in first. he 3 fingered me and took off ..well i mozeed on past him at 95 and left him in the dust untill about 145 then aerodynamics kicked my ass and he started creeping up on me at 165..BUT we both went FLYING past the drug unit SUV that sits there all the time(didnt even bother with us) i slowed down so i could see his disgusted face and disgruntled old man attitude. ..he looked over and gave me a thumbs up never expected that lol

my bike that i did not pay a cent 4 just whooped a 118,000$ car. (i know i know 2 wheels vs 4 wheels) but it still made my day.

P.S. more kill stories will come when i can get my tube fixed in the bird..damn ET streets.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

k6 1000? what happened to the 954rr?

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

That is one nice thing about bikes, it does not cost much to go fast. $10 grand with git ya a bike that will go 0 to 100mph in 1st gear. I luv the zr1 but think that guy must not of shopped around cause I'm seeing them advertised for $10k off MSRP around here.

Nice to see someone driving that car the way it should be.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by MeGoFast View Post
    That is one nice thing about bikes, it does not cost much to go fast. $10 grand with git ya a bike that will go 0 to 100mph in 1st gear. I luv the zr1 but think that guy must not of shopped around cause I'm seeing them advertised for $10k off MSRP around here.

Nice to see someone driving that car the way it should be.
    My buddy bought a 01 gsxr 1000 for 3500 a couple weeks ago. That bike will do 100mph in first gear lol.

Agreed on the zr1 driver hitting it. I have tried to get one to race me on my bike but he wouldnt.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

Traded it for another trans am LT1 and thb traded that for an 06 gsxr 1000 and I was happy too see a ZR1 owner get on it also not sure which is more exciting. The fAct that I won or the fact that he even raced me lol

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

I never seem to get any action - them old dudes around here seem to know better than to mess with a bike

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I would never race a bike and expect to win but I sure will try but once I hit 70 im off the throttle

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

Quote Originally Posted by LimeNine View Post
    I never seem to get any action - them old dudes around here seem to know better than to mess with a bike
    Maybe your not sweet talking the chicks right and who you callin old??!!--jk.

I never seem to get any action either. I had a 2010 Camaro non-SS wiss by me in a 35mph zone but I wasn't going to play like that. So a mile ahead he caught the Red Light and I pull up, light goes green and I take off but he didn't want any of it.

I always liked the ZX-9R, but make mine silver. You got some miles on that badboy.
    Last edited by MeGoFast; 08-31-2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: added last sentence

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

I get all kinds of action on the bike...I think people just want too see a bike pulll on them doing a wheelie untill 120mph
    because I rarely get people too race my car they just honk at me and give the thins up for burnouts an revs lol.

Ray Charles blue

Cars struggle to keep with bikes till 150+....you figure your bike runs high 10s at 140ish out of the box with a pro rider. Not sure if you have tracked it or not.

Cant remember if it was last year or the year before but they tested all the 1000cc bikes, the Busa, and the ZX14. Oh forgot, they had the 1098 and I think the 1098S or the 1198.....Cant remember. I think it was about 17-18 seconds to hit 180 mph on any of the 1000cc bikes....lol That is just scary my friends.

Nice kill. I would still want the car. I miss my bikes.....

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Cars struggle to keep with bikes till 150+....you figure your bike runs high 10s at 140ish out of the box with a pro rider. Not sure if you have tracked it or not.

Cant remember if it was last year or the year before but they tested all the 1000cc bikes, the Busa, and the ZX14. Oh forgot, they had the 1098 and I think the 1098S or the 1198.....Cant remember. I think it was about 17-18 seconds to hit 180 mph on any of the 1000cc bikes....lol That is just scary my friends.

Nice kill. I would still want the car. I miss my bikes.....
    Yes bikes are scary fast, best recorded time on a 600rr or r6 is a 9.9 @ 130mph. That was a pro rider burning through clutches every 4-5 passes.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

suzi claims like a 10.5 on one of there reviews. ..with exhaust filter power commander geared extended swing arm. ..thats about the cost of a cam and good tune...and that thing will be in the 9's with ease they are extremely scary.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by TmaxicanA View Post
    suzi claims like a 10.5 on one of there reviews. ..with exhaust filter power commander geared extended swing arm. ..thats about the cost of a cam and good tune...and that thing will be in the 9's with ease they are extremely scary.
    That seems pretty slow. In 97 my TL1000S ran 10.53 at 134mph......

It should run a hell of a lot faster than 10.5 considering the early ZX11 ran 10.5 with only 130hp at the rear and it is a lot heavier.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

i bet with an extended swing arm it COULD get in the 9's
    its hard as hell too get that bike too stay on 2 wheels. lose a lot of time.

Ray Charles blue

They dont come with a back limiter / slipper clutch do they? Cant remember. Lean over tank, get the revs up around 4k and slip it and hammer it.....till 2nd when you see stars lol I have been on a few R1s that were pretty nasty and thats how it was to ride those. Lots of fun, very easy to lose it though.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

id say its a little easier too keep R1's (pre 09?) they are much more aggressive top end from what i hear. i dont weigh enough too keep this one on the ground. dont want too slip the clutch to much yet..16K miles original clutch. i burn it enough doin wheelies (which i am learning how too ride now) goal is too have a kill story about beating a stang starting off on a wheelie i know the newer kawasaki's have the slipper clutch and there the only ones i know of that do ...could be wrong though.

Ray Charles blue

I think that the CBR does too.....it has for the last couple of years.

At 16k the clutch should be decent, easy enough to check. One thing, run some Rotella T synthetic oil when you change it next time. Seriously, its Diesel oil but it has the same additives as motorcycle oil, just more so. It WILL help the feel of your clutch. A lot of guys use car oil, which will work just fine, but it isnt as good for the clutch. Seriously, try it and see. I put it in an 86 Ninja 1000R a few years ago and it helped it a huge amount. I even ran it in my TL and my 96 1100 Kawasaki.

Ray Charles blue

The 5-valve R1s had less midrange but pulled like a train on the top end. Now they got a little more mid range like the rest when they went to the 4-valve set up.

They are ll fast as hell.

Impounded

VW BEETLE W/ FLOWER
    88 CRX

r1's are def my favorite. thats about the only thing i would trade this gixxer for. love the front end of 'em.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

My younger bro (smitty ls1 junior member) runs a 600rr with a pipe and an ajustable muffler.. Thing is sick. I on the other hand have wrecked every crotch rocket I've ever saddled up.. I stick to cars now..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Thread Information