10's N/A

Just a WRX, no biggie

I almost wasn't even going to share this story, but thought, what the heck. I'm cruising on my way home last night in my '93 Z, and before hitting the freeway, I stopped into Chevron to tighten the bolts on my cutout (car was getting loud and making the "tick tick tick" noise).

There was a group of ricers standing next to a lowered silver WRX, all looking at me with a very cocky demeanor of course. So to be a ass hole, I walk over to them and ask what's this "thing" got on it. One of the guys responds, "it's too fast for you man", and laughs. The driver responds, "boost, tune, CAI, and exhaust". I respond, "What's it run?" "12's", he responds. I tell him "pretty nice", and walk away.

As I was leaving, here comes his bright blue headlights following me on to the freeway on ramp. He's trailing me so close it starts to actually tick me off. So as room clears, he speeds next to me with the pass. side window down, and that same guy from earlier starts laughing at me again from the passenger seat. This is my first WRX, he seemed to have a lot more into his car than me. My setup is a Bolt-Ons, LT's,tune,Built A4 tranny and 3.73's. I honestly thought he would get me since I haven't installed my HOT Cam kit yet and he had more boost.

He looks around as if he's looking for cops, and then looks at me, so I floor it. Two words describe it best: No Match! I pulled him easily -- almost to easy, from 70-125, and got off it. He pulls back up, this time the passenger is not laughing. He downshifts, I give him another run. Same outcome.

With all the hype i've heard over the last couple years over these modded WRX's, this thing sure didn't impress me at all on the freeway. The subee switches to the fast lane and speeds off, never seen again.
    Last edited by N20LT4; 06-29-2007 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spell check

Black
    2002 Trans Am WS6

"it's too fast for you man"... Nice kill...

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by TX_WS6_02 View Post
    "it's too fast for you man"... Nice kill...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I love drop racing WRXs, the can be running as fast as you in the quarter if they are modded and you will still rape them on a drop.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

nice kill

Nice kill. They sure are dogs from a roll.

metallic pewter
    2001 WS.6 Trans Am

nice kill, never had the pleasure of wasting a wrx or a sti for that matter it probably would have been a little harder from a dig, if the dude could drive that is.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Nice kill bro... those WRX's sure talk alot of smack...but once they are out on the freeway they have nothing to say...especially after you walk them like that...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

hey nice kill. probably a little different outcome if you guys ran from a dig but a roll, you got it! good job

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    hey nice kill. probably a little different outcome if you guys ran from a dig but a roll, you got it! good job
    Yeah from a dig he might have pulled me, but who knows...
    Last edited by N20LT4; 06-30-2007 at 07:35 AM.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

I haven't had the pleasure of catching one on the street. Haven't even had the pleasure of one talking smack yet either . Wore plenty out at the track though. Nice kill.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Yeah from a dig he might have pulled me, but who knows...
    you woulda caught him tho

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah but i love racing modded WRXs, cause they put all this time and money, and the sweat into this car, they think they are badass, then you roll up all drunk and rolling hard as hell, they go what you got done you say nothing really just slapped some loud ass exhaust on here. Then you beat the shit outta of this little asian bastard or FOBs as they call em(Fresh Off the Boats). He goes home and kills himself because he disgraced his whole family. GOOD TIMES

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Yeah but i love racing modded WRXs, cause they put all this time and money, and the sweat into this car, they think they are badass, then you roll up all drunk and rolling hard as hell, they go what you got done you say nothing really just slapped some loud ass exhaust on here. Then you beat the shit outta of this little asian bastard or FOBs as they call em(Fresh Off the Boats). He goes home and kills himself because he disgraced his whole family. GOOD TIMES
    LOL

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Nice kill.

Cocky ricers never learn...

Thread Information