Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Jimmybling31, You and ME!

This is a discussion on Jimmybling31, You and ME! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; EVERYTHING!!! I haven't heard one solid "Yes, I will be there" "Yes, I can do that" Come on! Have some ...

SSweet Home Chicago!!! BlankinSShip's Avatar

Light Pewter Metallic
    2001 Camaro SS

EVERYTHING!!!

I haven't heard one solid "Yes, I will be there" "Yes, I can do that"

Come on! Have some Conviction!

Cheers!
    -Nick
    '01 Camaro SS M6 "The Beast"

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    7maro7, just curious as to what you run? You guys are racing in the 1/8 correct? Cause my cousin just bought a 95 Lt1 M6 t/a with pacesetter lt's, catback, cai, tuned and the previous owner ran 13.2-13.4 with 1.9-2.0 60 ft times, pretty consistantly in the 1/4. Now, my cousin won't even be able to get near that but just as a comparison, my 1st time at the track I ran open and untuned Lt's and ran a best of 13.13 @110 with a 2.195 60 ft. They are pretty comparable so don't just think the ls1 is gonna walk all over it unless you are SURE you're the better/more experienced driver (my car should be a high 12 second car...)

Can't wait to see the results!!!
    I'd love to get it on on the 1/4... the closest one is like an hour away while the closest 1/8th is like 15min away. If J is cool with going to knoxville or steele. I'm up for it! and I'm pretty good at launching my car. Out of all my friends I'm like number 2 and #1 is an auto. Don't worry, there will be video!!! With all that I've got done, I've definitely got a 12s car. I've never run the 1/4 though, but how hard will it be to stretch it out for one more gear for each run? huh? 4 hp mods ago I ran an 8.52 in the 1/8th. That was on a cool day and traction wasn't bad at all. Since then I've been to the track twice. This last time I kept spinning 2nd a little too hard, but not bad enough to keep me from winning 9 of my 12 races. My only losses were an lt1 swapped rx-7, 67 Camaro SS with 18ft wide slicks, and a bad ass nova on slicks. My other races were against a 94-98 cobra with cam, gears, drag radials, intake, and I'm sure more. I beat him twice. Again I only run street tires. Ran a truck like what seemed like 20 times(I coulda beat him on foot. I kept trying to race the only other 4th gen ls1 m6 ss at the track, but kept getting lined up beside the truck same for the ls2 gto) The SS driver needed the driver mod BADLY. He was hitting 9.6s and stuff like that. The ls2 gto owner couldn't launch and was asking me for advise. I couldnt' really help much since I've got an m6 and he's got an a4. I tried to help though.

anyhow that night, people with comparable cars, I and my car were the best combination. There was an lt1 z there too and I don't think his times were even note worthy. I had the best times for similar cars. Jimmy actually maybe would've been faster than all those guys too. I think so anyway. I think I remember seeing jimmy get an 8.8x on the same day I got an 8.5x. We've both modded a bit since then so we'll see!

let the F-Bodies roll jimmybling31's Avatar

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    I'd love to get it on on the 1/4... the closest one is like an hour away while the closest 1/8th is like 15min away. If J is cool with going to knoxville or steele. I'm up for it! and I'm pretty good at launching my car. Out of all my friends I'm like number 2 and #1 is an auto. Don't worry, there will be video!!! With all that I've got done, I've definitely got a 12s car. I've never run the 1/4 though, but how hard will it be to stretch it out for one more gear for each run? huh? 4 hp mods ago I ran an 8.52 in the 1/8th. That was on a cool day and traction wasn't bad at all. Since then I've been to the track twice. This last time I kept spinning 2nd a little too hard, but not bad enough to keep me from winning 9 of my 12 races. My only losses were an lt1 swapped rx-7, 67 Camaro SS with 18ft wide slicks, and a bad ass nova on slicks. My other races were against a 94-98 cobra with cam, gears, drag radials, intake, and I'm sure more. I beat him twice. Again I only run street tires. Ran a truck like what seemed like 20 times(I coulda beat him on foot. I kept trying to race the only other 4th gen ls1 m6 ss at the track, but kept getting lined up beside the truck same for the ls2 gto) The SS driver needed the driver mod BADLY. He was hitting 9.6s and stuff like that. The ls2 gto owner couldn't launch and was asking me for advise. I couldnt' really help much since I've got an m6 and he's got an a4. I tried to help though.

anyhow that night, people with comparable cars, I and my car were the best combination. There was an lt1 z there too and I don't think his times were even note worthy. I had the best times for similar cars. Jimmy actually maybe would've been faster than all those guys too. I think so anyway. I think I remember seeing jimmy get an 8.8x on the same day I got an 8.5x. We've both modded a bit since then so we'll see!
    actually that day on my last run I hit 8.7. I was happy with that. it was the best I had ever hit on street tires. lol. i had my best 60' of the day with a whopping 2.1 lol. i was still spinning. lol. oh well. it was fun. I am really waiting for the race. I wanna see what happens. I think my uncle wants to come and watch. he has a hotrod truck I helped him build. It's pretty quick, but he isn't camming it, just because it is his work truck too. it's fast though for a truck. he puts the hurting on new gt's. lol.

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by BlankinSShip View Post
    EVERYTHING!!!

I haven't heard one solid "Yes, I will be there" "Yes, I can do that"

Come on! Have some Conviction!

Cheers!
    I will be there and we will run. I can't wait for the run.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

Ah, so you both have some experience. I don't have much at all, just throwing up some #'s to compare, that's all. My best 1/8 time was 8.634 also on street tires and stock suspension. I need as tune badly, and with a little more practice I think I can clip a 12 second 1/4 pass. I think you have a little bit of an edge if u can launch better, but if he leaves hard I don't think it's gonna go down in your favor (kinda hard to launch better than an auto lol).

Have fun boys!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Come on now, both of y'all need to speed up. My car, with Hookers, ORY, and a lid, and almost worn out street tires, ran 8.677-8.414 last year, in the (pussy) 1/8th. same timer that night was showing 13.1x to a best of 12.89 @ 109.89. My $$$ on the LS1 FTMFW! My 12.89 was a 60 ft of 2.01.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Come on now, both of y'all need to speed up. My car, with Hookers, ORY, and a lid, and almost worn out street tires, ran 8.677-8.414 last year, in the (pussy) 1/8th. same timer that night was showing 13.1x to a best of 12.89 @ 109.89. My $$$ on the LS1 FTMFW! My 12.89 was a 60 ft of 2.01.
    Wow. Amazing what traction/weight reduction can do. I ran 12.2 @ that same trap speed in one of my old cars.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

^^^ Exactly. If I could get my car on a diet, and get some 1.7 60 ft times, (first a differential!) mid to low 12s for sure. But I have not done that, so no bench racing for me. 110 MPH in the 1/4 says a lot. Your 125 says a whole lot more! (also says 15 MPG highway?)

10's N/A

(also says 15 MPG highway?)
    lol. Probably less

white
    94 camaro z28

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    Wow. Amazing what traction/weight reduction can do. I ran 12.2 @ that same trap speed in one of my old cars.
    wow. I am trying to figure out some way to drop some weight. think I'm gonna just give up though.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

LMAO I got my best time on bald tires too! I've got a vert though. So take that into account. I'm still working on it though. My ultimate goal to beat right now is 8.41. One of my friends got that and I have to beat his time because my balls are bigger. Jimmy has to beat me to say..... you get the picture. I'm ready to run though. almost ran tonight. I'da layed the smackdown on all kinds of people too! I saw a gt500 tonight that couldn't get out of the 9s in the 1/8 to save his LIFE! the owner swithed drivers and everything and that didn't help hardly at all! His first run was 9.6. BTW He almost got beat by a grand prix!!! I don't run in the 9s at all any more. I'da loved to have been able to add his cobra to my kill list. There was a ls1 6spd Z28 out there and he couldn't get out of the 9s either! I don't understand! an m3 was running low 9s. There were a couple srt4s that I know are fast... from a roll... on the strip one hit 8.7 for a best and the faster one couldn't get out of the 9s... from a dig they're toast! I was feeling embarassed when I saw a pt cruiser beat a nova. I was embarassed when I saw the v6 camaros get beat by pickup trucks too...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

LMAO I got my best time on bald tires too! I've got a vert though. So take that into account. I'm still working on it though. My ultimate goal to beat right now is 8.41. One of my friends got that and I have to beat his time because my balls are bigger. Jimmy has to beat me to say..... you get the picture. I'm ready to run though. almost ran tonight. I'da layed the smackdown on all kinds of people too! I saw a gt500 tonight that couldn't get out of the 9s in the 1/8 to save his LIFE! the owner swithed drivers and everything and that didn't help hardly at all! His first run was 9.6. BTW He almost got beat by a grand prix!!! I don't run in the 9s at all any more. I'da loved to have been able to add his cobra to my kill list. There was a ls1 6spd Z28 out there and he couldn't get out of the 9s either! I don't understand! an m3 was running low 9s. There were a couple srt4s that I know are fast... from a roll... on the strip one hit 8.7 for a best and the faster one couldn't get out of the 9s... from a dig they're toast! I was feeling embarassed when I saw a pt cruiser beat a nova. I was embarassed when I saw the v6 camaros get beat by pickup trucks too...
    a SRT4 from 70-125 was no match for black betty

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    a SRT4 from 70-125 was no match for black betty
    I know of a couple nasty ones. There's a red one with black stripes. Shoots flames through full exhaust when he shifts. He's on the spray too with a bigger turbo. I've heard story's from other ls1 owners on him. Never ran him my self but I've heard from other ls1 owners. I need to run him my self though so we'll know HOW IT REALLY IS. The silver one with carbon fiber hood and trunk is a stage II with some work done as well as spray. I pulled him from 55-110 or maybe 120 don't remember the top speed. To me it seemed like I just jumped out on his ass then he was in my blind spot. I couldn't tell if I was still pulling him or if he was reeling me in. I raced the silver stage II before he got spray. I have to give it to them, stout little cars. They'd be better if they were rwd or awd. I'd still smoke both of them on the strip but from a roll I cannot say. I've only heard stories.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybling31 View Post
    wow. I am trying to figure out some way to drop some weight. think I'm gonna just give up though.
    taking that lt1 out might be a good start, but you should leave that to me.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

That Silver srt4 with carbon fiber hood your talking about is from Dayton. He was at crossville drag strip last year. He claimed to run mid to low 8's but the best he ran ras 9.80's LOL he said he couldn't hook up but he was all talk. he didn't have nitrous then but I wouldn't be afraid of him even with nitrous.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

he lives in ft o now

white
    94 camaro z28

taking that lt1 out might be a good start, but you should leave that to me.
    haha. funny. I have plans for when the bottom end goes out. when it does it's gonna be a little bit bigger motor, but for now the bottom end is very good and not in need of changing.

Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

lol the silver srt he is talking about is Markale. Definately not from dayton haha.

and 7camro7 maybe with some sticky tires you MIGHT be able to hit that magical 8.410 set by some totally badass Trans Am. Met the guy once, a real lady's man he is.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Crmartin99 View Post
    lol the silver srt he is talking about is Markale. Definately not from dayton haha.

and 7camro7 maybe with some sticky tires you MIGHT be able to hit that magical 8.410 set by some totally badass Trans Am. Met the guy once, a real lady's man he is.
    I heard a cop called his car weak though

TA-White, Camaro-Black
    Track-TA98A4 DD-98z28M6

Quote Originally Posted by Crmartin99 View Post

what did i miss?? whats magical about 8.410???

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    I heard a cop called his car weak though
    that would suck..

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information