Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

its also still fun to kill 6 banger stangs lol

This is a discussion on its also still fun to kill 6 banger stangs lol within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird when i first bought my t/a i was doing alot of research on ls1's and that ...

White
    '04 Mustang Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    when i first bought my t/a i was doing alot of research on ls1's and that was why i joined up here at ls1.com BECAUSE I OWN AN LS1 CAR. well what i can't figure out is if i were a cobra, mustang gt, shelby owner i would try to find a good mustang forum. for what reason do they have for being on ls1.com, and you can't say for information because the only time i ever see these guys over here is when someone killed a mustang and then they really get bent out of shape when someone kills a cobra, the only place i ever see any of them post is in the kill stories section.

i think it's because they like to gloat over the hp that their cobras have and they know that it will take a heavy modded ls1 to take one. well what if a bunch of us banded together and went over to the mustang forum and did that, most of the time a heavily modded 4.6 can't compete with a stock ls1.
    Chill out! A lot of GM guys post on SVTPerformance.com. Some of us just like American V8s.
    '01 BMW 330ci: Race it in a modified class in BMW CCA Club Racing and NASA endurance races.
    '04 Lincoln LS V8 Sport: Stock.
    '04 Mustang Cobra coupe (white/gray): Modified.

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 2-bowties&abird View Post
    when i first bought my t/a i was doing alot of research on ls1's and that was why i joined up here at ls1.com BECAUSE I OWN AN LS1 CAR. well what i can't figure out is if i were a cobra, mustang gt, shelby owner i would try to find a good mustang forum. for what reason do they have for being on ls1.com, and you can't say for information because the only time i ever see these guys over here is when someone killed a mustang and then they really get bent out of shape when someone kills a cobra, the only place i ever see any of them post is in the kill stories section.

i think it's because they like to gloat over the hp that their cobras have and they know that it will take a heavy modded ls1 to take one. well what if a bunch of us banded together and went over to the mustang forum and did that, most of the time a heavily modded 4.6 can't compete with a stock ls1.
    Amen to that!

Purple 95 Camaro
    Arctic White 02 T/A WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 99 Kobra View Post
    Some of us just like American V8s.
    Agreed

USA V8 > Rice anyday

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

+56

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

+57

Had a V6 try to mess with me today also, thought he was a badass riding around with no mufflers. One quick mash of the gas in second took care of that.

Pewter
    2001 Trans Am #693

+58, and story time. I was going to make another thread about it, but whatever.

Well me and my buddies got bored last night, so we went on a bully run to a Wawa because we wanted to do something and a friend wanted to get some stuff from Wawa. We went to the Wawa my friend got his stuff and on the way back my other friend wanted to drive. (I trust him, I know he can drive my car.) So I let him drive back. My TA has 4 people in it. Me the driver and two other friends. We see this V6 Stang (04 body style) I'll never forget it thanks to last night. Dual single exhaust on left side, Pony emblem on both sides (on doors). White paint, tint, guages, the driver is the only person in it. We are cruising, and pass him until we are stopped at the red light. Lights green, we cruise, then he does a fly-by. At the next light we all start to laugh, so he gets pissy and does a brake stand next to us. I tell my buddy its on, tell him whats up. The race begins when the lights green. He got the jump for a second since my buddy didn't know if he was seriously going to go or not, then we floored it and ate him whole. When we were done with him we had 3 bus lenghts on him easy. Then we get another red light and the Stang owner gets behind us at the light. So I tell him to light them up, haha. He did, it was a fun and funny time.

Forgot to add. Don't know what he had done mod wise, but I ONLY have SLP LM2 D/D.
    Last edited by Cronex; 05-15-2008 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Mods.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I join most of the popular car forums because I like to talk cars. Most people call me a "ricer" but I just laugh away. I used to post a lot on SVTperformance, and I occasionally post here.

I like cobra's, vettes, camaros, t/a's, rustangs, pretty much anything. I'm passionate about cars I'm not really a brand loyalist.

Plus my rice rocket smokes 95% of what it meets, and that makes for some pissed off v8 guys =)

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I join most of the popular car forums because I like to talk cars. Most people call me a "ricer" but I just laugh away. I used to post a lot on SVTperformance, and I occasionally post here.

I like cobra's, vettes, camaros, t/a's, rustangs, pretty much anything. I'm passionate about cars I'm not really a brand loyalist.

Plus my rice rocket smokes 95% of what it meets, and that makes for some pissed off v8 guys =)
    95% huh? What do you run?

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by N20LT4 View Post
    95% huh? What do you run?
    v6 mustangs!

10's N/A

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    v6 mustangs!
    lol. I'm assuming his 95% is slightly exaggerated.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

No, it's not. It's a 120mph car, my best run is an 11.8. I actually made a couple of videos here just for my friend Wesman!

Here, I'll repost them.

http://media.putfile.com/wesman

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Oh and I'm currently rebuilding it to go 10s on pump gas and all season tires hahahah.

10's N/A

Nice video! Seem like a cool guy too. My best time so far has been 11.23/125.2 in the 1/4, 7.21/97.0 in the 1/8 with a 1.71 60' time on Nitto 305/45-18" drag radials @ Sacramento Raceway, and that was on the 150-shot. Ive got 250# jets in their now + a set of Advanced Induction 205cc heads sitting, and am waiting for a beefier tranny, larger injectors, tune, and slicks. Should be in the mid 9's @ at around 140 if everything goes right.
    486/438
    10.68/127 N/A

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I'm not going for 9s for like another 18-24 months lol. I'm hoping to have 10s within 12 months.

I'm going to need a new ignition, an AEM, and a new fuel system for the 9s =(

Just needs more of the gas and spark.

10's N/A

10's is going to feel fast. I wen't 10.6@128 back in 2002 in my old Sebring Silver 1997 Camaro SS. I had a 402 LT1, Vortech S-Trim w/ Aftercooler, ported stock castings, and a 4.10 geared 6-speed. That car was lethal on the street. I'll never do a 6-spd again as it broke parts constantly.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I'm not looking forward to that aspect of speed. People can say what they want about imports and reliability, but ANY 10 second car is going to have issues eventually.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    I'm not looking forward to that aspect of speed. People can say what they want about imports and reliability, but ANY 10 second car is going to have issues eventually.
    honestly evos scare me haha, all the ones ive seen are hella suped up

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    honestly evos scare me haha, all the ones ive seen are hella suped up

We're lucky that way. There's a strong support coming from Evolutionm.net, that keeps your average owner somewhat in the know. That in itself spawned some really good tuners and garages specifically for these cars. Old DSM guys mostly but the same rules apply.

I've seen some really shitty Evolutions, and I've seen some really good ones. Just like any other car.

silver
    2002 ws6

+59, mustangs suck.

10's N/A

N20LT4<----is a very biased individual.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information