Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm not going to lie...

This is a discussion on I'm not going to lie... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by az gt eater I CAN REED I saw what type of car you had. Thanks, I am ...

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater
    I CAN REED I saw what type of car you had. Thanks, I am just saying that gearing will help a lot. When I come up on one of those Wrx's on 1-10 with my ws6 instead of the damn work truck I will report back. I just know that a wrx won't have the snap at 70 or 120 that I have. Maybe when the driver figures out what gear he needs to be in... I will lose. who knows?
    I'm glad you an "REED"... For me it is a little different. In 1st and 2nd gear if I hit 13lbs of boost, I'm thrilled. In 3rd if I hit 14lbs, I thank the gods. However, in 4th and 5th, I have been spiking around 17lbs of boost, so the extra boost helps make up for being in a higher gear. Keep in mind I am a 6spd, so I dyno in 4th not 3rd, so I still have a some decent power in 4th gear and 5th gear. That is why I can keep up/pull a tad on a stockish (very minor bolt on) SS.

F-Bodies are one of my favorite cars to race. So far, each one has been very close (until this one) with either myself pulling about a fender or the F-Body pulling a fender. I love close races and the fact that nearly every F-Body that I have run into has a nice driver opposed to some of the asshats I run into.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

RedT/Anumber1
    You should pull easily once you hit about 40mph and up. He will get you off the line but thats about it. The 03 evo is the slowest of them all. Basicly run low 14's stock. A blow off valve is nothing on a stock evo. I have an 03 evo myself. But it's far from stock. Stock 03 and 04 evos are the slowest. Then the 05 evos are faster due to a bigger stock turbo. Then the fastest is the 06 evo9. That one is a whole different evo engine power wise.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Thanks I guess I won't waste my time, then. Maybe use the time to get his girl's #

red
    1999 Trans am

well this guy ran a 13.7 at the track so maybe it is an 05 i'm not really sher. Then again this guy is a good driver. I haven't taken mine to the track ,but I raced a SVT Cobra that ran 14 flat ,and i smoked him by like 4 or 5 cars. well i don't know but i think it will be a good race. I can't wait. I just hope I don't on my launch
    Red 99 Trans am A4. STS Turbo, K&N, Thomas Racing chip, Tail waste gate, Slp mass airflow sensor,and TB bypass. Soon to be running 12.4

Silver
    '03 Evo

'03-'04's can and have ran low 13's stock. It all depends on the driver and conditions. '05's can run 13 flats and '06's have been 12.8's-12.9's pretty regularly. My '03 ran a 12.3 with just an exhaust, boost controller, intake, and flash. They arent as fast from a roll though, my 12.3 was only a 108 trap. Now add cams and its a different story, they become pretty killer from a roll and Im now trapping 115+ with the stock turbo.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    I'm not stock and not near stock. I can take a Camaro Z28 and SS from a roll...
    What mods do you have again??

Because you'd need over 60WHP in mods just to hang with an LS1 from a roll...

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by NIevo
    '03-'04's can and have ran low 13's stock. It all depends on the driver and conditions. '05's can run 13 flats and '06's have been 12.8's-12.9's pretty regularly. My '03 ran a 12.3 with just an exhaust, boost controller, intake, and flash. They arent as fast from a roll though, my 12.3 was only a 108 trap. Now add cams and its a different story, they become pretty killer from a roll and Im now trapping 115+ with the stock turbo.
    You say changing cams alone adds over 8MPH in the 1/4 mile on an Evo??

Okay...I don't think so

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman

Okay...I don't think so

Cams dont add 8mph straight up. The average gain is usually around 4-5mph though. It really depends on your mod combination. With (full exhaust, 02, 10.5 (for non 05-06) and flash) with cams you should be able to go 113-116mph, but of course depends on track, elevation, quality of tune, etc.

Most 2005s with jut full exhaust, tune, cams go around 114-115, ones with FMIC upgrades and such do 115-116.

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

What mods do you have again??

Because you'd need over 60WHP in mods just to hang with an LS1 from a roll...
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped)
    JDM Fujitsubo Catback
    Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map
    GoFastBits 50/50 BOV
    Ported Wastegate
    Ported Turbo Inlet
    GP Moto header (Heat Wrapped)
    Group N Motor Mounts
    Group N Tranny Mount
    Turbo Heat Wrap Kit
    K-Sport Coilovers

There might be a few small things I'm forgetting... My top end is a little bitter because of the inlet being ported, but now my spool time is slower. I can also thank the header for the slower spool time. Over all the car pulls nicely.

Silver
    '03 Evo

Okay...I don't think so
    I added O2 housing, cams, and exhaust mani. Cams by far add the most topend, O2 housing and mani only add 10-15whp without a custom tune.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped)
    JDM Fujitsubo Catback
    Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map
    GoFastBits 50/50 BOV
    Ported Wastegate
    Ported Turbo Inlet
    GP Moto header (Heat Wrapped)
    Group N Motor Mounts
    Group N Tranny Mount
    Turbo Heat Wrap Kit
    K-Sport Coilovers

There might be a few small things I'm forgetting... My top end is a little bitter because of the inlet being ported, but now my spool time is slower. I can also thank the header for the slower spool time. Over all the car pulls nicely.
    So basically you have a downpipe, catback, header, and ported turbo inlet.

Yet somehow that gives you 60+WHP over stock and allows you to beat LS1's from a roll. Sounds like bullshit to me
    Last edited by Wesman; 05-26-2006 at 04:40 PM.

Yet somehow that gives you 60+WHP over stock and allows you to beat LS1's from a roll. Sounds like bullshit to me

He has that, but the biggest thing you didnt include was the tune. Im not 100% on STi's but I know they are somewhat similar to EVOs in the fact that the tune is usually the biggest power adder, so 60whp with a tune seems reasonable, but then again, Im not an expert on STi's so dont quote me

Silver
    '03 Evo

Your also forgeting that his gearing is alot more agressive and his car is alot lighter. Its not that hard to believe.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

I think he's a few horses shy of 60whp even with the tune.

Pewter
    1999 TA M6

i agree with EE1983 because a good tune can make a world of difference especially with more and more mods. Reason being that the manufacturers tune them down to meet all the shitty EPA regs. and stuff like that, and then when you start tuning the vehicle you can really feel the potential power
    99 Trans Am M6
    SLP lid/FRA/TBB/Comp 224/224 581/581 112LSA
    Comp 918s/Comp PRs/Hedman TorkStep LTs
    Custom Y/Exhaust/Pro 5.0

Your also forgeting that his gearing is alot more agressive and his car is alot lighter. Its not that hard to believe.

That depends on what LS1 we're talking about. STi's weight in the high 3200 and even 3300lb range. Thats HEAVIER than a C5 and only within 100-200lbs of a TA or Camaro... Id say the weight advantage is negligible. Gearing Im unsure of on the STi but on the EVO after 120mph you have to shift to 5th which isnt a good match for 4th but I dont really race above that so Im ok. Unsure about STis

Silver
    '03 Evo

Well if this is the same V8This that is on the GTO forums then he posted pics of his car over there and it is a stripped auto-xer. He has probably shaved 150-200lbs. Very nice looking car though.
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...t=81332&page=2

Aspen White
    2006 WRX STi

Well if this is the same V8This that is on the GTO forums then he posted pics of his car over there and it is a stripped auto-xer. He has probably shaved 150-200lbs. Very nice looking car though.
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthr...t=81332&page=2
    I am the same V8This as over there. However, my interior is all back in for a while. I have been thinking about trading my car in on a WS6 or a GTO and supercharging it... Depends on what the dealer is willing to give me. If it is what I want (which I highly doubt it will be) I will trade it in. This car is a pain in the ass, but thanks for the compliment NIevo!

My power comes from the Stage 2 map. I hit 17.5 psi, with a much better flowing exhaust system, which is catless. While having a few boost problems, I was able to run a 13.3 with a 1.8 60'. I am going to the track again either Sunday or Monday and will see how the ECU has compensated for the boost problems and hoping for a bit better of a 60'. Just for the hell of it the night I was at the track I wanted to see how my top end was and even with a 2.2 60', I was able to run a 14.0, which isn't to bad.

The ported inlet is very helpful in my top end as well as the header since it is a 1 piece with an Up Pipe, which isn't really needed but will help slightly on the top end. My spool time is a little worse than stock, but I hold the boost longer than a stock STi would. EE1983 is right when he talks about the tune. If I had just a turbo back, header, and ported inlet, then you are aright it would be complete bs that I could keep up with an LS1, but since I am running the stage 2 map from Cobb, I am hitting more boost and holding that boost longer. It is a shitty tune and when I get protuned on June 9th, I can expect to pick up another 20-30whp and hold more psi until redline resulting it a much better top end.

I really have better things to do than come on a internet forum and lie about what my car can do. I speak the truth, that's why if I lose I still post about it. I win some and I lose some. I love to share my stories and hate, when people that don't know me, have never been in my car, or seen what my car has done call bullshit on something they did not see.
    Last edited by V8This; 05-26-2006 at 11:03 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information