Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I ran into a F350......

This is a discussion on I ran into a F350...... within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Yikes. I would hate to run into the F350 in the video! He would laugh at me!...

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

Yikes. I would hate to run into the F350 in the video! He would laugh at me!

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 View Post
    I was trying to decide between building a diesel race truck or getting an LS1. I obviously decided on the LS1. Those diesels can move when built right that's for sure...but it comes at a severe cost to engine longevity...and many times tranny longevity. They're pushig well over 20psi. Cool as heck though!
    Actually to help you clear things up a bit.
    #1 The engines dont have longevity problems if it you get a cummins, the other two brands I cant speak for. But to give you an idea of the length of time it lasts, the general overhaul time period is 350,000 miles if its in a 30K lb truck. Now since the dodges only weigh at most maybe 7500 you can easily see why it lasts so long.
    #2 The trannies although expensive to build, generally have 100,000 mile warranties on them, so believe it or not, once they are built, they most likely do not need to be done again.
    #3 They push way more then 20psi, factory is usually in the 30psi range, the top trucks are pushing 110psi <--- no thats not a typo either...

#4 The trucks launch best with the 4wd setups, however they make tons of power in all of their operating rpm ranges, so roll on races are even a strong suite for them too.

#5 Depending on what truck and year you get, they arent as expensive to modify as most people try and make you think. If you had for example a 96-98 dodge ram 12 valve stick shift, you can add about $1000 and a clutch and you can get #s at around 500rwhp and up to 1000rwtq
    To also give you an idea, there is an air intake (the company name escapes me) for the ford 6.0Ls that is about $200 and it adds over 150 torque at the wheels. This is from idle RPMs ....
    #6 Dont forget, even though the trucks can be fast, they can still do what they are built for, get over 20mpgs and be dead reliable.... thats a very hard combination to beat and cannot be said about many vehicles

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Yeah...those diesels are monsters!

Green
    1997 ws-6

i watched a F250 run a 8.73 last night in the 1/8th

sweet run in! i was rolling around in my buddies 2500 tturbo duramax the other day and caught a light with a '98ish mustang GT and the mustang did what they usually do, LOST! lol it was awesome tho taking one down in a truck. hes got the banks kit w/ banks exhaust and programmer, im not sure what hes pushing now but its badass, i never expected a big truck to pull like that.
    but how sweet would it be to be spraying propane/nitro and meth all at once!

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

HEHE!! My buddy just dynoed his HALF-TON Duramax single cab at our dyno day and it made 601whp and 1100+ trq on nitrous.......i hope to get the vid up soon!! He put alot of money and time into the swap

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Ran into a white Fseries desiel part of the car club "FIZZ" on the GS Parkway... He kept up w/ me all the way upto 120mph then I started to pull. Those desiels are insane man!

there is a dodge for sale on ebay right now that dynoed at 800rwhp, its a twin turbo cummins...

Arrest Me Red
    1999 Trans am

with the cummins inline six it's possible to unlock over 600 whp with NOTHING but a tune.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information