Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i raced a G.C. jeep srt8 today

This is a discussion on i raced a G.C. jeep srt8 today within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Too Fast Must be the difference between AWD hook up and the Trailblazers extra weight. They both ...

black
    1998 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    Must be the difference between AWD hook up and the Trailblazers extra weight. They both make about 400 HP, right? SRT-8 420 and the TB 400. Does anyone know if the TB weighs more?
    What was the trap speed on the Jeep, WS6-girl?
    the ss and the jeep weigh almost the same, and our ss was AWD too, the jeep trap speed was 102mph

grey
    95 9c1 caprice

i wonder if the srt-8 makes a lot more TQ then the tb ss since the srt-8 is a v8

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

TB SS is a 6.0 V8. Same engine as the GTO....

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by 98ws6-girl View Post
    the ss and the jeep weigh almost the same, and our ss was AWD too, the jeep trap speed was 102mph
    I thought the TB SS was RWD?

black
    1998 ws6

the tb.ss comes in a rwd. and awd. it is a v8 also as the above stated. the tb.ss is vey nice its just not as quick, and we are into fast vehicles!!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

I've seen some pretty quick LS2 SS Silverado's. Pretty weird how they make those types of vehicles souly for racing. The whole Chrysler SRT epidemic is spreading into every vehicle around here...

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

i love those srt8 cherokees. they look great and run like raped apes. a 13.2 is mind boggling for a stock s.u.v. good choice and good work!

black
    1998 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i love those srt8 cherokees. they look great and run like raped apes. a 13.2 is mind boggling for a stock s.u.v. good choice and good work!
    thank you. yeah we were very happy with the jeeps performance. and to the above poster, yes thier are some very fast tb.ss out thier. its like any thing, the more mods, the faster it goes. but stock its just not as fast as the jeep. but still a very nice vehicle!!

Door-To-Door Pipelayer DJ Red Barron's Avatar

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

two days ago my husband and i bought a 2007 jeep srt8, well tonigh we got my 98 ws6 out and raced, the jeep is a monster off the line, so i thought he would probally whip me pretty bad, we do alot of drag racing and we have a quater mile marked off by our house, well he got me off the line, and i spun a little then hooked up, it was a good race he beat me buy about one and and a half car lengths . mike was using the g tech and it showed 13.4 quater mile time for the jeep. i was pretty happy with the times seeing that our elevation isnt all that great for turning fast times around here.with slicks i think it would have been a really close race. any way it was alota fun
    Congrats on the Jeep purchase, ws6-girl. I joined the SRT8 group on 09/08/07 myself.

Must be the difference between AWD hook up and the Trailblazers extra weight. They both make about 400 HP, right? SRT-8 420 and the TB 400. Does anyone know if the TB weighs more?
    What was the trap speed on the Jeep, WS6-girl?
    The Jeep doesn't have such an aggressive torque management system. The best I could ever get out of my stock TBSS was a 14.2. I am anxious to see what the Jeep will pull. But from what I can see so far, low 13s in bone stock form is going to be pretty easy.
    Last edited by DJ Red Barron; 10-02-2007 at 06:42 AM.
    Spool, whoosh, sneeze, it's over... Was it fun for you?

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Damn, low 13s from a stock SUV. Go figure. Try to imagine that 10-15 years ago! I know the gas MGP isn't good, for those who care.

Nice run, with only 9,000 miles on a 10 year old car it'll prob need to be broken in a little lol..but yea those jeeps are sick. The TBSS is faster in 2wd form, but the jeep is still a lil faster usually

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS hard top

Damn, low 13s from a stock SUV. Go figure. Try to imagine that 10-15 years ago! I know the gas MGP isn't good, for those who care.
    well there was those GMC turbo typhoons in the '90s that were fast a hell, don't know a 1/4 mile time for one but i think 0-60 was mid 4s?

black
    1998 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Red Barron View Post
    Congrats on the Jeep purchase, ws6-girl. I joined the SRT8 group on 09/08/07 myself.

The Jeep doesn't have such an aggressive torque management system. The best I could ever get out of my stock TBSS was a 14.2. I am anxious to see what the Jeep will pull. But from what I can see so far, low 13s in bone stock form is going to be pretty easy.
    sorry i havent been on to check the messages in a long time, how do you like your jeep so far? we went back to the track with ours and turned a 13.2 @102mph. were happy with that!! and my ws6 turned a 13.5
    Last edited by 98ws6-girl; 10-10-2007 at 08:28 AM. Reason: forgot to add the time of my ws6

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Ah, but what were the trap speeds?

JCSRT-8s trap as high as 105mph but yes, low 13s are guaranteed with that AWD launch.

The stock TBSS can't even come close.

Slow SS

Black
    2002 Chevy Camaro

13's and 14's in an SUV, meh. My Cherokee does those with a line 6 and oversized tires. Granted when you bore something 60 thousandths over and increase the stroke It better do something over stock. Once I regear and get the shift kit in it should get much faster.

4.7L L6 torquemonster, cant wait to get the new exhaust on either.

All that work to go 5mph on the weekends...

Door-To-Door Pipelayer DJ Red Barron's Avatar

86 Buick GNx - Black
    08 Jeep GC SRT8 - SBM

sorry i havent been on to check the messages in a long time, how do you like your jeep so far? we went back to the track with ours and turned a 13.2 @102mph. were happy with that!! and my ws6 turned a 13.5
    I am loving this thing. It's one of the most fun vehicles I have ever had.

13.2's... Awesome! Hopefully I will get to a dragstrip this weekend.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

viva the srt8 G.C.
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by dlbrando View Post
    13's and 14's in an SUV, meh. My Cherokee does those with a line 6 and oversized tires. Granted when you bore something 60 thousandths over and increase the stroke It better do something over stock. Once I regear and get the shift kit in it should get much faster.

4.7L L6 torquemonster, cant wait to get the new exhaust on either.

All that work to go 5mph on the weekends...

All that work to go 5 MPH on the weekends! We have a Cherokee also, but it is a dailey driver. All it has is 30s on it. It goes 5 MPH on weekends sometimes also.

Slow SS

Black
    2002 Chevy Camaro

All that work to go 5 MPH on the weekends! We have a Cherokee also, but it is a dailey driver. All it has is 30s on it. It goes 5 MPH on weekends sometimes also.

Mine is a daily driver occasionally, it got to be more of a toy after I got the SS. It is actually really amazing what you can do with a stock cherokee offroad. One of the best stock SUVs out there, I could go anywhere my wrangler buddies would go, and a lot of places a hummer cant.

Quote Originally Posted by colesherman86 View Post
    well there was those GMC turbo typhoons in the '90s that were fast a hell, don't know a 1/4 mile time for one but i think 0-60 was mid 4s?
    He he,,,,I thought most people forgot about the Typhoons. I had one up until I sold it 2 years ago. A bone stocker with only 32,000 miles on it,,,and it ran 13.50's at 99 mph with 1.7 60 foot times.

Very quick out of the hole, with 0-60 times somewhere in the 4 second range,,,,but a little weak on top end in stock form.
    I could rape just about anything around from a redlight until about 80 mph. That was one of the funnest vehicles I have owned.
    And this is the Blazer version,,,,the Syclones (pickups) were lighter and even quicker yet.

By the way,,,impressive times for a new stock jeep, I will have to keep my eyes peeled for those on the street.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information