Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I made a video just for Wesman.

This is a discussion on I made a video just for Wesman. within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; yeah ive heard plenty of accusations about HIM ( him is 4tun8 genius) ..go reread...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

yeah ive heard plenty of accusations about HIM ( him is 4tun8 genius) ..go reread

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

http://media.putfile.com/speedorun

Here, I made a run same exact way and taped the speedo, hope that settles the arguements.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    yeah ive heard plenty of accusations about HIM ( him is 4tun8 genius) ..go reread
    thats exactly what i meant

pewter

look im just pointing out the fact that his aprox speed CAN be found out by knowing what gear he was in at the end of the video and finding out what the top end of that gear is.....saying u guys can go find out for yourselves instead of just saying oh i think hes only goin 80 or whatever

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

damn.

but yea, it does seem to lack power in the lower rpms, but shit, u got up to 120 fast as hell, so no disrespect here

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    look im just pointing out the fact that his aprox speed CAN be found out by knowing what gear he was in at the end of the video and finding out what the top end of that gear is.....saying u guys can go find out for yourselves instead of just saying oh i think hes only goin 80 or whatever
    gotcha. well hey, check out that vid. seems pretty fast to me!

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    http://media.putfile.com/speedorun

Here, I made a run same exact way and taped the speedo, hope that settles the arguements.
    dam that climbs fast.....very nice

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

thanks 4tun8. that did settle arguments

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Too Fast View Post
    DAMN. 110 MPH in a 45? Who has ever done such a thing? Only ricers? Ha ha ahahh ha ha, jk. Also, I can hear the close ratio transmission in that car, I bet 6th gear is not a .5 OD like in ours. (jealous)
    Why would you be jealous of the Evo's gear ratios?? Lots of imports are geared short like that to make up for lack of low end. It also helps keep the motor on the boost after changing gears.

I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of turning 4,000RPMs when I'm cruising down the highway. The T56 is spaced out nicely to take advantage of the broad powerband of the LS1, for increased fuel economy, driveability, and longevity. Even with my 4.10 gears I'm only turning about 1800RPM at 70MPH. I can slam 1st through 4th gear to 112MPH in the 1/4 mile pulling like a freight train and without ever coming close to falling off the powerband, yet then I can throw it in 6th on highway and get 25MPG. You can't beat that.

Funny how Wesman has only responded twice, since you called him out.
    Why is that funny?? What else do you want me to add?? I said what I had to say, hence the long post.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of turning 4,000RPMs when I'm cruising down the highway. The T56 is spaced out nicely to take advantage of the broad powerband of the LS1, for increased fuel economy, driveability, and longevity. Even with my 4.10 gears I'm only turning about 1800RPM at 70MPH. I can slam 1st through 4th gear to 112MPH in the 1/4 mile pulling like a freight train and without ever coming close to falling off the powerband, yet then I can throw it in 6th on highway and get 25MPG. You can't beat that.
    70mph = 3k

4k = probably 100 in 5th gear.

pewter

in my rsx-s with a 6 speed 70=3500 ....lil 4 banger only got mid-high 20s highway since im usually doin 75-80....6 fuckin gears and they cant gear 6th for highway? fuckin stupid..irritated the hell out of me.....6th shoulda been about a 1000 rpms lower.....2500 goin 70 or 2k goin 60......it wouldnt start sputterin till u were around 12 or 1300 in any gear so 2k felt fine

Awaiting Activation
    just curious how did you get sponsored without having to put some kind of advertising on your car??

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 99blueZ View Post
    just curious how did you get sponsored without having to put some kind of advertising on your car??
    i was kinda wonderin the same thing. im not accusing him of lying, i would jsut like to know how he got the sponsorship deal.

how do u go about getting one?

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I should have never mentioned it lol....honestly I just cleaned last years decals off the car and one company is having decals made....the other I'm waiting on my parts and stickers (yuck).

I wish I could just rep them on the internet....like thousands of people see my posts, and a few people with evo's see my car IRL....the stickers are silly IMO.

edit: btw I'm not answering questions on "how do I get sponsored".

Awaiting Activation
    I should have never mentioned it lol....honestly I just cleaned last years decals off the car and one company is having decals made....the other I'm waiting on my parts and stickers (yuck).

I wish I could just rep them on the internet....like thousands of people see my posts, and a few people with evo's see my car IRL....the stickers are silly IMO.
    how did you get hooked up with it? Did you contact the company directly and ask? I would kill for some free parts - you are lucky!

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I know you dont mean it the way you did but it gets so old people telling me how lucky I am, like the companies had just called me up and asked me to use their parts....I seriously should have never said anything, because I end up getting a million questions about it and then someone will tell me that I couldnt have gone fast if I didnt have sponsors etc etc etc.

Let's get back to the topic of me not hitting 125 in like 11 seconds from a turbo lag roll on /wink

Awaiting Activation
    ok fair enough. I wasn't trying to bash you at all. And i wouldn't tell you that without your sponsors you wouldn't be fast. No matter how you got the parts i will give you credit that you have one fast EVO. I think being sponsored is a great way to get fast for cheap.

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

dont tell him hes lucky damnit, tell him hes fortunate.
    goddamn it man!

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Why would you be jealous of the Evo's gear ratios?? Lots of imports are geared short like that to make up for lack of low end. It also helps keep the motor on the boost after changing gears.

Why is that funny?? What else do you want me to add?? I said what I had to say, hence the long post.
    Yeah, I need a 4.10 for my car, that is what I am jealous of. At the 1/4, 112 MPH, with the 4.10, I have not done the math, what kind of RPM is that?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

I know you dont mean it the way you did but it gets so old people telling me how lucky I am, like the companies had just called me up and asked me to use their parts....I seriously should have never said anything, because I end up getting a million questions about it and then someone will tell me that I couldnt have gone fast if I didnt have sponsors etc etc etc.

Let's get back to the topic of me not hitting 125 in like 11 seconds from a turbo lag roll on /wink

hey i was just sayin that was really cool. shit id be proud of it if i were u. i wouldnt have said anything about NEEDING sponsorships, it was just a compliment

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information