Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I made a video just for Wesman.

This is a discussion on I made a video just for Wesman. within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; OOPS, once....

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

OOPS, once.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Stock, an 03 EVO VIII has a 5-speed tranny:

1st 2.93:1
    2nd 1.95:1
    3rd 1.41:1
    4th 1.03:1
    5th 0.72:1

Final gear: 4.53:1

An EvO IX has a 6-speed tranny:

2.91:1
    1.94:1
    1.43:1
    1.10:1
    0.87:1
    0.69:1

Final Drive 4.53:1

The only significant difference between the two is the overdrive gearing, and generally speaking, OD in a drag race is a no-no.

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

Yes I know that OD is generally for cruising, not drag racing. My comment about the ratios referenced the fact that the Mitsu has a much closer ratio transmission then our WS6s. 6th is for gas MGP. I need a 4.53 rear gear!

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Actually, if you do the math, you'll find your T56 actually has virtually the same ratios (expressed as a percentage):

1.78 (.67%)
    1.30 (.73%)
    1.00 (.77%)

1.94:1 (.67%)
    1.43:1 (.74%)
    1.10:1 (.77%)

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Stock, an 03 EVO VIII has a 5-speed tranny:

1st 2.93:1
    2nd 1.95:1
    3rd 1.41:1
    4th 1.03:1
    5th 0.72:1

Final gear: 4.53:1

An EvO IX has a 6-speed tranny:

1.94:1
    1.43:1
    1.10:1
    0.87:1
    0.69:1

Final Drive 4.53:1

The only significant difference between the two is the overdrive gearing, and generally speaking, OD in a drag race is a no-no.
    nah alll evo 8s or 9s as well as evo rs's have a 5 SPEED tranny....the evo MR has a 6 speed...not possitive on the yrs they made it....04 and newer i belive???? not sure if they had one in 03

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Maybe cuz of his "no torque" is because i think, im not for sure when he hit it at 25mph he was in 2nd gear, if he wanted to show us how good it really goes he should have put it in 1st, but he was showing us that he still has torque before the turbo spools up. ( im not a 100% sure but i think that was 2nd gear). Anywayz it still got up good for the low RPM. Nice car man.
    Yeah it would have taken off HARD in 1st gear and probably would have spun the tires, I wanted to show that they arent THAT gutless. Although if you really try to bog it down you could knit a sweater before the turbo spools (IE 5th gear @ 2000rpms)

and if u dont mind me asking, how much money did it cost u to get up to ~500 horses? just wonderin
    Honestly I've been fortunate to be heavily sponsored with this car....so the turbo kit, tuning (before I started doing that myself) dyno time, and other work was either free or heavily discounted. I actually just secured a sponsorship deal with ACT clutch so I'm pretty stoked about that. I think with my own money as far as power mods, I might have 3 grand in it if that. That's seriously a big ass guess too, I really don't know. I'd say to replicate this car would take 10 grand, but that's labor, the built trans, etc etc. There is more then meets the eye. ALthough I think for 2 or 3 grand on an evo IX I could probably go 11.5s ghetto style =p

DAMN. 110 MPH in a 45? Who has ever done such a thing? Only ricers? Ha ha ahahh ha ha, jk. Also, I can hear the close ratio transmission in that car, I bet 6th gear is not a .5 OD like in ours. (jealous) I know these cars (Evos, WRX's) are fast, 'specially when a bigger turbo/intercooler/higher pressure is involved, but I prefer the roar of a V8. Don't try to tell me how much more fun a FWD car is over a RWD (or AWD) car is tho, everyone knows that there are no FWD cars that compete in any real race series. Yes they can be fast, but so can any car with the right amount of $$$.
    4tune8, does your name mean 4 cyl tuned equals 8 cylinders, or does is mean you are "fortunate"? I like how you say you aren't afraid to put your face on the video, so many people are scared to do that for what reason I don't know.
    I like all fast cars, but still prefer ones that have 2 doors, V8 and RWD. Manually shifted is best also!
    Funny how Wesman has only responded twice, since you called him out.
    It's a 5 speed, and I agree with you about v8 RWD I'm thinking about buying an 03 Cobra.....I just drove it tonight, what a mistake that was, the car was something else and all it had was a catback.

nah alll evo 8s or 9s as well as evo rs's have a 5 SPEED tranny....the evo MR has a 6 speed...not possitive on the yrs they made it....04 and newer i belive???? not sure if they had one in 03
    The straight evo...sometimes called a GSR, but it's not a GSR, people are mistaken, it's actually closer to the Evo GT has a 5 speed. The MR edition came to the states in 2005, had different shocks, aluminum roof, BBS forged wheels, a gauge kit, and I think that's it.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    although, he did tell u to take it offensively. unless im missing something..

idk, but i am now subscribed to this thread lol
    It was 2 in the morning, I made a typo and didn't put the "don't".

Never heard anyone say "take this offensively" lol.

Its fixed.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

Oh btw, 4tun8 = Fortunate

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by cam02ss View Post
    smartass... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

Its fixed.

God dammit.

Speaking of torque...

One thing I did always like about turbos, was the feeling of my skin peeling back on my face when the car accelerated. I felt this in a 91 galant vr4, some sort of eagle talon, 03 evo, and my dad's GN.

Never knew which feeling I liked better.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by mogs01gt View Post
    LMAo you dont know shit. The lsX intake is made out of the same material.
    maybe he does. you ever see a LSx intake break for no reason? the ford intake has water running through it. they would erode and break leaving coolant everywhere. they changed the intake to have a metal coolant crossover. i know this because of my father-in-laws 93 thunderbird did just this and i saw the replacement intake after ford did the swap.

so, maybe educate yourself a little more, or ask to be explained why someone says what they say, before passing misinformed judgement next time.

I finally got to watch the vid. Weird it certainly is, to put yourself out there and to spend an afternoon putting this together, but commendable nonetheless.

I hate the sound of the car. Sadly, I was surprised and impressed the car got to 110 that fast. I thought it was 80mph, but I dont think youd lie about it.

How do you keep the camera stationary like that? Also, a newbie question this may be, but what are you recording ONTO to get it ONTO the computer?

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I finally got to watch the vid. Weird it certainly is, to put yourself out there and to spend an afternoon putting this together, but commendable nonetheless.

I hate the sound of the car. Sadly, I was surprised and impressed the car got to 110 that fast. I thought it was 80mph, but I dont think youd lie about it.

How do you keep the camera stationary like that? Also, a newbie question this may be, but what are you recording ONTO to get it ONTO the computer?
    ok ive heard plenty about him lieing about the speed.....can somone watch the video and LISTEN to which gear hes in and about what rpm hes prolly at then do some research on an evo site and find out how fast hes gion???? although he shouldnt have to prove himself......looks to be about what he says to me

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post

Its fixed.
    haha, sorry i thought u were angry and actually telling him to take it offensively lol

Black
    1999 ls1

This whole thing is stupid, You have a heavly modd car of course you will have more torque and lots of it . A stock evo has the no torque down low, Now that i think of it, You are a ricer.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    ok ive heard plenty about him lieing about the speed.....can somone watch the video and LISTEN to which gear hes in and about what rpm hes prolly at then do some research on an evo site and find out how fast hes gion???? although he shouldnt have to prove himself......looks to be about what he says to me
    Um. I didnt think he was lying. Quote someone else when you make this foolish claims.

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Um. I didnt think he was lying. Quote someone else when you make this foolish claims.
    didnt say specificly ANYONE .....said ppl..as in more than one have been making statements about his top speed in the video....was just pointing out that somone could actually reseach it and find out

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    didnt say specificly ANYONE .....said ppl..as in more than one have been making statements about his top speed in the video....was just pointing out that somone could actually reseach it and find out
    you said u heard HIM lying about speed

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information