Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I just have to say

This is a discussion on I just have to say within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by patricksd I'm not into calling BS on everything, but with the exception of a few posts, most ...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by patricksd View Post
    I'm not into calling BS on everything, but with the exception of a few posts, most of these stories revolve around:

1) Being out late at night
    2) 1-2 friends in the car
    3) A problem with the car that would make it slower (slipping clutch, horrible traction, etc)
    4) Open stretches of freeway and side streets - with no cops
    5) The opponent is something that costs $50,000+
    6) Rarely are their videos to prove the race took place
    1) I race late at night often
    2) i have taken many cars with another friend in the car, but i agree i usually dont race with 2 or more people in the car, even more so now that my car is lowered
    3) A slipping clutch and other problems its just stupid to race and unlikely to win but traction problems we all have to deal with
    4) Around here there are tons of open stretches of road without cops and alot with many cops you just have to know the area, kids race all night long still at highway 100 and its crawling with pigs
    5) i have taken many 50k plus car, now 50k plus sports car that a different story lol
    6) First off who just carrys a camera around with them and if you are stick and alone how are you goin to film a random race, also who wants proof they have been raceing, i do many illegal things in my car and if im pulled over and they look at the video you best believe they will find some ticket to give me, another reason i dont video tape often

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    1) I race late at night often
    2) i have taken many cars with another friend in the car, but i agree i usually dont race with 2 or more people in the car, even more so now that my car is lowered
    3) A slipping clutch and other problems its just stupid to race and unlikely to win but traction problems we all have to deal with
    4) Around here there are tons of open stretches of road without cops and alot with many cops you just have to know the area, kids race all night long still at highway 100 and its crawling with pigs
    5) i have taken many 50k plus car, now 50k plus sports car that a different story lol
    6) First off who just carrys a camera around with them and if you are stick and alone how are you goin to film a random race, also who wants proof they have been raceing, i do many illegal things in my car and if im pulled over and they look at the video you best believe they will find some ticket to give me, another reason i dont video tape often
    +1...I agree... even with my Auto. I wouldn't be able to tape as I drive, because I like to manually shift and the roads here are shit so you HAVE to hold on to the Steering wheel. I personally haven't paid much attention to which races might just be Smelly BS... but there's just too many Variables out there

I mean, if I where to tell you guys the type of shit I've lost to or had keep up with me... you guys would just laugh and Call BS that anything like that would be able to keep up with a LS1... I bet those kids tell EVERYONE they know about it... and no one believes them either

it's just a case of Reasonable doubt... WE have no proof that what people post are REAL stories... so...BS being called... is kinda stupid unless you where there with them... or unless it's something seriously stock against a 500hp monster...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Calling BS, isnt stupid, unless you call BS on a situation that is possible, althjough to truely know you would need to know al lthe variables, such as if you were racing a 50k+ sports car and a near stock ls1 took it, was the driver of that car good, probably not. You can however call BS on dumbass story, like a i rape Vipers with my T/A with just headers and catback, if the viper driver missed a gear maybe but otherwise, no.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Calling BS, isnt stupid, unless you call BS on a situation that is possible, althjough to truely know you would need to know al lthe variables, such as if you were racing a 50k+ sports car and a near stock ls1 took it, was the driver of that car good, probably not. You can however call BS on dumbass story, like a i rape Vipers with my T/A with just headers and catback, if the viper driver missed a gear maybe but otherwise, no.
    well said... and even then there are the $50K sportcars that aren't all that great... such as the ever heavier M3... and the nimble Cayman or Boxter... and such... ($50K around here at least)... or the rare "almost stock" 94 Supra...(in it's time $50K here)... hehe... damn I hate that he wont race me! but I digress... point is... let's all agree to CALL BS when it needs to be called... not when we just dislike someone!...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I know my 87 supra back in 87 cost high 30s low 40 thousand and only came with 245hp, but it does have a couple of perfomance options that my T/A doesnt have.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

I know my 87 supra back in 87 cost high 30s low 40 thousand and only came with 245hp, but it does have a couple of perfomance options that my T/A doesnt have.
    like some descent suspension!?... hehe...

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by patricksd View Post
    I'm not into calling BS on everything, but with the exception of a few posts, most of these stories revolve around:

1) Being out late at night
    2) 1-2 friends in the car
    3) A problem with the car that would make it slower (slipping clutch, horrible traction, etc)
    4) Open stretches of freeway and side streets - with no cops
    5) The opponent is something that costs $50,000+
    6) Rarely are their videos to prove the race took place
    I am sorry I can not agree with that list.
    1) I am out late at night all the time
    2) Whats wrong with cruising with friends with you?
    3) Ok yea can't really say that but no BS I have beaten good cars while having a few problems
    4) Down here there are plenty of those
    5) Price is price, just the other day we raced my friend's dad's caymen against a foxbody with less then 10 grand invested and smoked the porshe
    6) not everyone carries video cameras with them.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Only thing is there is nothing worng with cruising with friends but i hate loosing to a car by a bumper and he is alone and you have 2 friends in your car, cause you know you would have taken him if it was just you.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Only thing is there is nothing worng with cruising with friends but i hate loosing to a car by a bumper and he is alone and you have 2 friends in your car, cause you know you would have taken him if it was just you.
    +1..... I know that feeling WAY too well!!!

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

i have a kill story.

i just got walked by the nicest cobra anyone has ever seen.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Lol ok, i saw a badass one friday while i was at highway, i didnt get to race him though, it was lowered, had exhaust the supercharger sounded out of this world, i have heard pullied cobras this thing sounded way more nasty, my girlfriedns cousin raced him and lost by a car or 2 and he has a 91 lx 5.0 turbo making 622rwhp.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Lol ok, i saw a badass one friday while i was at highway, i didnt get to race him though, it was lowered, had exhaust the supercharger sounded out of this world, i have heard pullied cobras this thing sounded way more nasty, my girlfriedns cousin raced him and lost by a car or 2 and he has a 91 lx 5.0 turbo making 622rwhp.
    PWNED!!!

Pewter
    2000 z28

if i had 200 more horse i may be able to pace this guy im talking about.

they are sickening. he SLAUGHTERED me. i was disoriented when he hit the gas.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    if i had 200 more horse i may be able to pace this guy im talking about.

they are sickening. he SLAUGHTERED me. i was disoriented when he hit the gas.
    but in the end... we need them... cause if there wheren't Cobra's around... what would we have to shoot for in terms of beating!?

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well this guy had to be making 650-700rwhp seeing as how the 91 lx weighs like 3100-3200lbs and the cobra even with a live axle swap still weighs 3500+.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

That sounds like a bad ass cobra hehe

Pewter
    2000 z28

Well this guy had to be making 650-700rwhp seeing as how the 91 lx weighs like 3100-3200lbs and the cobra even with a live axle swap still weighs 3500+.
    a 91 notch weighs 3000 pounds. maybe a bit more a bit less. that was the golden year.

that cobra must be bad.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki_SeVeN View Post
    but in the end... we need them... cause if there wheren't Cobra's around... what would we have to shoot for in terms of beating!?
    i just want to own one.

beating them isnt the problem.

money is the problem.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    i just want to own one.

beating them isnt the problem.

money is the problem.
    LOL... very true

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Well his is a 91 hatch, he is putting the whole setup into a broke down 4 cylinder notch, and putting a big block twin turbo setup into his 91 hatch lx. I wil lbe able to take stock and slightly modded cobra next summer, and my supra will be taking 650+ rwhp cobras next summer. I will def get soem videos of that car beating up some cobras.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information