Results 1 to 17 of 17

i heart jdm

This is a discussion on i heart jdm within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; im in the 01 tahoe and i see this civic hatchback wit i heart jdm on the license plate. and ...

  1. #1
    Member Ieatstangs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Bay Area :(
    Posts
    225

    blue
    99z28 a4

    i heart jdm

    im in the 01 tahoe and i see this civic hatchback wit i heart jdm on the license plate. and i start laughing so we turn and i get next 2 him and punch it and hears the roar of the flowmasters and the next thing i hear is his turbo then he pulls next to me. ranting its a fully built turbo blah blah i tell him tha z28 is at the house lets go he says he will call me later i cant wait for the excuses

  2. #2
    Member NavdeepWS6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sacramento
    Posts
    221

    Black
    2002 Trans Am

    lol thats funny cause i cant wait for my friend turbo his crx

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West Virginia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    763

    Pewter
    Y2K WS6

    Sweet. squash him!

  4. #4
    Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,779

    06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

    did he ever call?

  5. #5
    Seriously.... some of these stories are so far fetched. I wonder how many of these kill stories are true.

  6. #6
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Seriously.... some of these stories are so far fetched. I wonder how many of these kill stories are true.
    Uh oh, somebody said somethin bad about an import...

    Take it for what its worth man, after all, this is the home of whatever "I" say is true (aka the internet).

    BTW, my friends brother wants to do an LSX swap into a 240sux. How involved is it...?
    Last edited by 01ws6er; 12-19-2008 at 06:40 PM.

  7. #7
    ROWDY BURNS jsteele90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    camp pendleton
    Age
    35
    Posts
    105

    383/372 CMS tuned
    2000 z28

    he will never call

  8. #8
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Uh oh, somebody said somethin bad about an import...

    Take it for what its worth man, after all, this is the home of whatever "I" say is true (aka the internet).

    BTW, my friends brother wants to do an LSX swap into a 240sux. How involved is it...?

    this guy is a local look under the info and he has a website he will tell/ sell you everything if you are serious.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Uh oh, somebody said somethin bad about an import...

    Take it for what its worth man, after all, this is the home of whatever "I" say is true (aka the internet).

    BTW, my friends brother wants to do an LSX swap into a 240sux. How involved is it...?
    No it's just that I find cock sword fights on the road far fetched. I've never been called out like that, guess it depends on where you live.

    ....on the LS1 swap:

    To tell you the truth. It was a very straightforward swap. I actually bought a premade mount kit. All it entailed was a custom transmission mount, and modified stock 240SX mounts. You also need to do some minor notching to the front crossmember and regardless of what LSX motor you go with, only the GTO oil pan clears the front swaybar. Other than that it's just wire up and go.

    There are a few companies that make headers for 240SX chassis. I personally went with Hinson headers. I made a custom Y pipe to a single exhaust out (believe it or not - not the typical 240 fart can). Custom Home Depot (ABS Plastic - hard black PVC) cold air intake (plastic stays cooler than aluminum). Some minor free mods.

    With the tune the car put out 355rwhp with matching torque. In a chassis that weighs 2600lbs. fully loaded (even with power everything), it's quite a fun car to drive. Stock rear ends on these cars are good for 500+rwhp and it's already a 4.083 final drive, so that's go to go. Throw some drag radials on it and you'll net times that I have in my sig with a bolt on LS1.

    Also as a side note, the factory 4 cylinder has an iron block so it's quite heavy. The LS1 motor/transmission combo I put in only added 20lbs. over the stock motor weight. The car handles fantastic thanks to that V8 aluminum block.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post

    this guy is a local look under the info and he has a website he will tell/ sell you everything if you are serious.
    That's about what my car is like, same chassis too (S13). It's too much fun.
    Last edited by Superluminal; 12-20-2008 at 06:35 AM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    No it's just that I find cock sword fights on the road far fetched. I've never been called out like that, guess it depends on where you live.

    ....on the LS1 swap:

    To tell you the truth. It was a very straightforward swap. I actually bought a premade mount kit. All it entailed was a custom transmission mount, and modified stock 240SX mounts. You also need to do some minor notching to the front crossmember and regardless of what LSX motor you go with, only the GTO oil pan clears the front swaybar. Other than that it's just wire up and go.

    There are a few companies that make headers for 240SX chassis. I personally went with Hinson headers. I made a custom Y pipe to a single exhaust out (believe it or not - not the typical 240 fart can). Custom Home Depot (ABS Plastic - hard black PVC) cold air intake (plastic stays cooler than aluminum). Some minor free mods.

    With the tune the car put out 355rwhp with matching torque. In a chassis that weighs 2600lbs. fully loaded (even with power everything), it's quite a fun car to drive. Stock rear ends on these cars are good for 500+rwhp and it's already a 4.083 final drive, so that's go to go. Throw some drag radials on it and you'll net times that I have in my sig with a bolt on LS1.

    Also as a side note, the factory 4 cylinder has an iron block so it's quite heavy. The LS1 motor/transmission combo I put in only added 20lbs. over the stock motor weight. The car handles fantastic thanks to that V8 aluminum block.
    I have never had the chance to race someone after they talked shit, it's mostly just back and forth BS while standing around at a gas station or maybe even a party or somethin...


    I figured the motor and tranny mounts would have to be modified but I didn't realize it'd be that easy. What did you do for wiring? And I had no clue tha stock rear in those cars was good for that much power. Very good power/Weight ratio and nice times!

  12. #12
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    put a z32 rearend in the back and the car wil be bullet proof.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    I have never had the chance to race someone after they talked shit, it's mostly just back and forth BS while standing around at a gas station or maybe even a party or somethin...


    I figured the motor and tranny mounts would have to be modified but I didn't realize it'd be that easy. What did you do for wiring? And I had no clue tha stock rear in those cars was good for that much power. Very good power/Weight ratio and nice times!
    Yeah, Nissan rear ends are freaking monsters. It's one of the highlights of this car. You would never know it by looking at this RWD sport compact. The 240SX differential is a beast. There have been guys running it with 600whp on slicks and it holding up well. Even the factory open differential that some of the 240SX come with can hold 500+whp. I've heard of those differentials being welded to a 2-way, and having the welds break from the power, but the differential is still fine. The reason is the way the differential's planetary and spider gears are designed. When the stress comes it's engineering in a way to where it's all evenly distributed throughout the differential. There was an article on it that I can't find on why these little Nissan diffs can hold up and why some of the performance cars can't.

    ...and if you want a bulletproof differential you get the Z32 R200 unit, like the guy above was saying from the Nissan 300ZX. These diffs are indestructible. However, once you get to this level, you're going to put in an aftermarket 2-way anyway.

    There is a guy down here that ran a heads, cammed, and supercharged LS1 240SX drift car with the R200 diff for a year at track evens. This car put out anywhere from 450-600whp depending on his boost preference, and this car was severly abused, like most drift cars. When he got sponsered and went professional, he sold the diff to friend of mine, and he's still using the diff to this day.


    On the LS1 swap. The front crossmember needs to be notched out (not too bad, just do some measurements and cut out the proper amount). The transmission mount is a fully custom mount. The side 2 motor mounts are 240SX mounts that have "adapter" mounts welded to them. Everything is pretty much "bolt in" after that. Wiring is pretty easy. I deleted alot of the useless crap from the LS1's ECU. I repinned what I could, everything else was pretty straigtforward, not unlike any other swap. The only issue is the LS1 has different connectors and readings that makes it incompatible with the 240SX dash equipment (tach, speedometer, etc.)..... but I have a friend who is a wiring genious that designed some sort of wiring technique that works. I'm not sure how other people are doing it.

    Alot of 240SX guys do this swap for drifting, because its alot easier staying in the LS1 power band than way up in the RPM band on a turbo 4 cylinder, which if you fall out of boost you stop drifting and look like an idiot. I'm not a "drifter" myself, but I've been around enough to know what works.

  14. #14
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Yeah, Nissan rear ends are freaking monsters. It's one of the highlights of this car. You would never know it by looking at this RWD sport compact. The 240SX differential is a beast. There have been guys running it with 600whp on slicks and it holding up well. Even the factory open differential that some of the 240SX come with can hold 500+whp. I've heard of those differentials being welded to a 2-way, and having the welds break from the power, but the differential is still fine. The reason is the way the differential's planetary and spider gears are designed. When the stress comes it's engineering in a way to where it's all evenly distributed throughout the differential. There was an article on it that I can't find on why these little Nissan diffs can hold up and why some of the performance cars can't.

    ...and if you want a bulletproof differential you get the Z32 R200 unit, like the guy above was saying from the Nissan 300ZX. These diffs are indestructible. However, once you get to this level, you're going to put in an aftermarket 2-way anyway.

    There is a guy down here that ran a heads, cammed, and supercharged LS1 240SX drift car with the R200 diff for a year at track evens. This car put out anywhere from 450-600whp depending on his boost preference, and this car was severly abused, like most drift cars. When he got sponsered and went professional, he sold the diff to friend of mine, and he's still using the diff to this day.
    So basically this amazingly strong rear holds as much power as a stock GM 8.5" 10 bolt...

  15. #15
    Member c5z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    8,120

    On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

    We know you hate rice, but nissan did things right when they built the diffs and rearends. Much better than a gm 10 bolt.

  16. #16
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    We know you hate rice, but nissan did things right when they built the diffs and rearends. Much better than a gm 10 bolt.
    Maybe in the 240 the rear is decent, but its a light car. Anyone can built a diff to last in a light vehicle, hell an old GM 7.2 IRS could live for years if the car only weighed 1,000lbs.

    Look at the new Titans, they can't keep rears in those trucks, and they are bone stock and most owners don't abuse them. Actually, the entire truck is such a piece of shit that Nissan's given up on making a full size truck all together, the next-gen Titan will be a Dodge Ram with Nissan styling.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Maybe in the 240 the rear is decent, but its a light car. Anyone can built a diff to last in a light vehicle, hell an old GM 7.2 IRS could live for years if the car only weighed 1,000lbs.

    Look at the new Titans, they can't keep rears in those trucks, and they are bone stock and most owners don't abuse them. Actually, the entire truck is such a piece of shit that Nissan's given up on making a full size truck all together, the next-gen Titan will be a Dodge Ram with Nissan styling.
    I agree with you the 1000lbs. of extra weight of a standard F-body does put more stress on the rear end, but I think 500+whp on slicks is testament enough that these little diffs were over engineered. The diff isn't "magical" or anything, it's just strong and well built. The rear end is not an issue in these cars. For the record a Nissan Titan differential is far different than a 240SX differential. Much of the stuff coming out of the import car and truck manufactures these days are not to impressive, strong, or sturdy.

    If you have any questions about this car or the swap, let me know.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Heart or Gut?
    By blackSS01 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 02-19-2011, 11:36 PM
  2. I :heart: Craigslist
    By BadBlueBird* in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 08:08 PM
  3. Heart of Maryland
    By Mark98SS in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 05:03 PM
  4. Heart of the Beast :) PIX!!
    By juiced99ws6 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-22-2007, 11:01 PM
  5. Ludacris is a man after my own heart.
    By Modulistic in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 04:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •