Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

I have a few Questions about Terminators

This is a discussion on I have a few Questions about Terminators within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by shady milkman not quite. SVT gave the cobra that nickname becuase the 03-04 cobra was made to ...

Pewter Metallic
    '02 WS6 M6 - The Reaper

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    not quite.

SVT gave the cobra that nickname becuase the 03-04 cobra was made to "terminate" the camaro and pontiac .....that was their main goal.

actually i am pretty sure the ratio of cobras vs ws6 or f bodies will favor the cobras. also it will terminate that smug look on your face if you try to race one
    lol none around here have kept up i'm not saying they're not nice, i just hate em all. any car designed to be appealing to women in their 30's just isnt my kind of car

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Got jumped all over like a spider monkey! First off, I totally respect the Cobra I am going to get one at some point but put that in my post at the end. Second, never lost to one "YET" Both were modded but neither was dug deep like a different S/C or anything that crazy so "NO" I haven't run into the right one yet Yes I'm going FI at some point along with entire carbon fiber body panels and other massive weight reduction without getting rid of the very few perks that I have (Leather, a/c, pw, pl, etc..) Last but not least, still don't agree with the Terminator label when they damn well knew F-Bodies were done. GM just didn't release that last minute. I remember when they first did release it so Ford can just on that aspect. Stock for Stock a Terminator isn't terminating a F-Body. Might beat one but not by much. That and I remember a lil 89 Turbo TA that was putting up better numbers then a 4th gen so........ When a 89 is beating a 03/04 and both FI with one being a V-6 and one being a V-8 then good luck with that. WHEW!! Hope I got them all
    Last edited by blackSS01; 06-19-2010 at 09:17 AM.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Ok, with all my searching I'm not finding my 89 TA story to be true so I will admit wrong doing on my part

Pewter Metallic
    '02 WS6 M6 - The Reaper

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Ok, with all my searching I'm not finding my 89 TA story to be true so I will admit wrong doing on my part
    u mean the 87 turbo t/a with the 3.8 gnx motor
    also, the turbo t/a with the 4.9 turbo motor
    and its still a f/i car against an n/a car... now what if gm had done a special supercharged fbody... see what "terminates" what then...

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by IceeWS6 View Post
    u mean the 87 turbo t/a with the 3.8 gnx motor
    also, the turbo t/a with the 4.9 turbo motor
    and its still a f/i car against an n/a car... now what if gm had done a special supercharged fbody... see what "terminates" what then...

Yep, but they didnt

Pewter Metallic
    '02 WS6 M6 - The Reaper

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yep, but they didnt
    unfortunately this is the case. my car is built NA, and i love beatin down FI mustangs.

Pewter Metallic
    '02 WS6 M6 - The Reaper

also, how much power does a stock "termi" make?
    cuz lets say i had procharged my ws6, it'd make just under 500hp stock on 5psi (or so says procharger)

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

also, how much power does a stock "termi" make?
    cuz lets say i had procharged my ws6, it'd make just under 500hp stock on 5psi (or so says procharger)
    They make 390 hp and 390 ft/lbs crank but some say they were underrated and made around 420 hp crank.

Pewter Metallic
    '02 WS6 M6 - The Reaper

They make 390 hp and 390 ft/lbs crank but some say they were underrated and made around 420 hp crank.
    now is that f/i? with all the hype the way these guys were talkin i was expectin more... again i ask, whatever happened to brand loyalty??

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

now is that f/i? with all the hype the way these guys were talkin i was expectin more... again i ask, whatever happened to brand loyalty??
    Its a fully forged 4.6L with a Eaton S/C pushing I believe 5 psi stock but not quite sure of the boost level Its a badass mustang and I hope to own one. People still have brand loyalty, they just respect the competition

Arctic White, red/gray

Its not the power they make stock, its the fact that you can put kenne bell on it run 20ish psi and make 700whp without needing to upgrade anything in the long block that impresses me. Stock heads, valve train, bottom end.

Pewter Metallic
    '02 WS6 M6 - The Reaper

^ one thing i do regret is the inability to mount a roots style blower on my car lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Just did some searching because of how weird it seems that you have to re-supercharge something that already comes with a supercharger to make massive power. $6XXX for the kit to make 638 hp according to what I found. Thats from google on a Ford only site. Thats not installation and tune also. I just lost a little respect I can build my LS6 forged and boosted for under that. I can get a low mile used FI unit but still FI. Still crazy car and sweet its fully forged factory, but I did lose just a little respect for the car. Either way, the war between GM and Ford will never be settled due to brand loyalty owners

EDIT: My valvetrain is already beefed up which cost some of my time (Time=Money) and some cash so I already have a building block to go off of. Makes me a lil more "Bias" so to speak

EDIT: Website I found was older then dirt. New prices I found are not that bad. Damn Interwebs Twice I've been wrong due to this shit Found a 3.4L KB for $3XXX dollars
    Last edited by blackSS01; 06-19-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Arctic White, red/gray

Just did some searching because of how weird it seems that you have to re-supercharge something that already comes with a supercharger to make massive power. $6XXX for the kit to make 638 hp according to what I found. Thats from google on a Ford only site. Thats not installation and tune also. I just lost a little respect I can build my LS6 forged and boosted for under that. I can get a low mile used FI unit but still FI. Still crazy car and sweet its fully forged factory, but I did lose just a little respect for the car. Either way, the war between GM and Ford will never be settled due to brand loyalty owners

EDIT: My valvetrain is already beefed up which cost some of my time (Time=Money) and some cash so I already have a building block to go off of. Makes me a lil more "Bias" so to speak

EDIT: Website I found was older then dirt. New prices I found are not that bad. Damn Interwebs Twice I've been wrong due to this shit Found a 3.4L KB for $3XXX dollars
    If you really think you can build a well built ls6 with a good FI setup for under 6k than you are gonna have to steal half the parts. I have friends with boosted lsx cars making some good power(650-800whp) and they each have 15kish under the hood alone, one of the has 5k into tuning time alone now. And yes the work other than short block assembly was done in a garage by friends.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-19-2010 at 11:08 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

If you really think you can build a built ls6 with a FI setup for under 6k than you are gonna have to steal half the parts. I have friends with boosted lsx cars making some good power(650-800whp) and they have 15kish under the hood alone. And yes the work other than short block assembly was done in a garage by friends.
    I mean if you already have the LS6 like myself

Forged Pistons: $700
    Forged Rods: $600
    Forged Crank: $800
    S/C: $2500 (I've found used but this can differ obviously.)
    Gaskets: $250
    Misc: $1000 or so

Total: $5850

I already have the valvetrain and such along with other shit so its not a fair comparison in all reality. If you had to build a build like this without anything.....good luck Hella money

Arctic White, red/gray

I mean if you already have the LS6 like myself

Forged Pistons: $700
    Forged Rods: $600
    Forged Crank: $800
    S/C: $2500 (I've found used but this can differ obviously.)
    Gaskets: $250
    Misc: $1000 or so

Total: $5850

I already have the valvetrain and such along with other shit so its not a fair comparison in all reality. If you had to build a build like this without anything.....good luck Hella money

Ic you just talking about engine and parts. No fuel system, tune, harness, ecu, ignition. It still doesnt run or run right and fast without these other parts. Your fuel system wont even come close to support the kinda power you would need to make to take out a kenne bell cobra.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Ic you just talking about engine and parts. No fuel system, tune, harness, ecu, ignition. It still doesnt run or run right and fast without these other parts. Your fuel system wont even come close to support the kinda power you would need to make to take out a kenne bell cobra.
    Pretty much but wouldn't the stock ignition be enough

Pewter Metallic
    '02 WS6 M6 - The Reaper

wait... i have a friend with an 04 svt cobra... and it's n/a...?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

wait... i have a friend with an 04 svt cobra... and it's n/a...?
    Something doesn't add up on that one. ALL of them were S/C factory, some went turbo later on but never heard of someone getting rid of the F/I

Pewter Metallic
    '02 WS6 M6 - The Reaper

Something doesn't add up on that one. ALL of them were S/C factory, some went turbo later on but never heard of someone getting rid of the F/I
    its a true svt... romeo block... idk who knows...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread Information