Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70

I Hate Hate Hate Srt-4's

This is a discussion on I Hate Hate Hate Srt-4's within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 Thank god someone who knows what im tryin to say. Im not sayin give respect to ...

  1. #41
    Fuzzbuster Jr. fluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cave Run Lake area, Kentucky
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,002

    Pewter
    2002 T/A WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    Thank god someone who knows what im tryin to say. Im not sayin give respect to a guy who fixes up a car and calls it his pride and glory....but, this guy didnt do a damn thing to his car. He bought it just the way "some other guy" fixed it up. it has a 4" exhaust, sounds good looks good to but.....the guy is an asshole and think hes the shit b/c its the first real car he has ever had that has power b/c it was someother guys project. Thats my point, that and he says he walks all over are cars. He said he's takin a few of our f-bodies on without a prob. Now i didnt open my mouth about my car at all. He was talkin down to my buddies 2000 z28. Then started talkin all this shit. It went on a few days like this, ha the guy had the nerve to say and think that are cars do 14's and 15's. errrrrr. thats exactely why i hate guys with hondas and neons, IMPORTS. B/c of this exact reason. But i was just throwing my opinion, but your all also right, im just gonna have to let it roll off like water. But that rolling water is boiling. But i will try to keep my mouth shut. And fuckin a, this is our mother freakin locker room.

    I know exactly what you are talking about. While I don't HATE imports or import guys (or neons and stuff) I get REALLY sick of hearing the following list:

    - "LS1s are overrated, everyone who owns one thinks they are fast but they aren't."
    - "Domestic cars can't handle well."
    - "Those cars are so heavy all of that power doesn't mean much."
    - "All I have to do is _________ and my ________ will be a lot faster than any LS1 car."
    - "I can't see how anyone would ever WANT a Camaro or Trans Am, they are ugly, uncomfortable, and get horrible gas mileage."



    There was this guy at work I knew. The situation was very similar to your story: He was currently driving a Sebring and wanted a new car.. so he bought an AWD Eclipse that was already "making 500+ horsepower" supposedly - was what they told him when he bought it. Took him months to get the car back to Florida.. then months for him to register his car (since he was lazy) and get it on the road. He KEPT talking shit and wouldn't shut up about it and how my "Firebird" was way too slow to even put up a race, said I was a waste of time. I took a good look at his car in the parking lot and prodded around a bit.. I had my doubts about his power claim and the car sounded like crap. Long story short, on my way back to my apartment one evening with a buddy of mine who was visiting riding passenger I saw the car and heard it's 4 inch exhaust and turned going the other way. I decided to follow and find out for myself how fast the thing actually was win or lose I didn't care I had to know. I lined up with him a while down the road on a popular spot (had the windows up, he didn't know who I was as he had never seen my car) and he initiated a race with it (and punched it early that bastard)... it belched out some smoke before taking off, I punched it in third and waxed it. He drove past me slowly later on down the road and he had his window down now (I still didn't) and man did he look pissed!! It was epic. I gave him crap about it from there on out when I told him the next day that was ME and MY CAR and he was like "That was you?!".. he especially didn't like me telling him I just had exhaust and a k&n filter at the time. He made excuses about it non-stop after that, but would never get that "special tune" he kept talking about and would never race me again. I moved to Kentucky a couple months later, so I guess he lost his chance to beat me now.

    Sorry for the long story, but I thought you'd appreciate it. Make your car faster and wax that Neon!

  2. #42
    Senior Member 01ws6er's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The 717
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,471

    Red
    2001 Trash Can

    Quote Originally Posted by fluke View Post
    I know exactly what you are talking about. While I don't HATE imports or import guys (or neons and stuff) I get REALLY sick of hearing the following list:

    - "LS1s are overrated, everyone who owns one thinks they are fast but they aren't."
    - "Domestic cars can't handle well."
    - "Those cars are so heavy all of that power doesn't mean much."
    - "All I have to do is _________ and my ________ will be a lot faster than any LS1 car."
    - "I can't see how anyone would ever WANT a Camaro or Trans Am, they are ugly, uncomfortable, and get horrible gas mileage.
    I hear the same phrases all the time. And I love the part about the "sepacial tune" hahaha. I know a freind of a friend that has an awd eclipse supposedly putting down 600 hp, and he talks shit on my car all the time. Whatever, if it's faster, it's faster, but it's just what I like vs. what other people like...It's just when they talk endless shit and have no clue what thaty're talking about that I get mad, and go on ricer rants. Not hatin on rice, just hatin on ricers that don't know shit, and think they're fast.

  3. #43
    back 'n better than ever Kjz99z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,759

    White/Black
    1999 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by LS1buckey View Post
    Did you even read the first post? Sounds like that srt fag is being a dick to him.......so fuck him and his 5" tail pipes. I don't give a shit if a car is faster than mine, it has to have style to and those don't. I have a few of those neon guys at my school and all they do it sit in the parking lot rev their motors and make their blow off valves go crazy...which by the way can be done in those cars by just backing out of a parking spot. Neon=gay!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    Thank god someone who knows what im tryin to say. Im not sayin give respect to a guy who fixes up a car and calls it his pride and glory....but, this guy didnt do a damn thing to his car. He bought it just the way "some other guy" fixed it up. it has a 4" exhaust, sounds good looks good to but.....the guy is an asshole and think hes the shit b/c its the first real car he has ever had that has power b/c it was someother guys project. Thats my point, that and he says he walks all over are cars. He said he's takin a few of our f-bodies on without a prob. Now i didnt open my mouth about my car at all. He was talkin down to my buddies 2000 z28. Then started talkin all this shit. It went on a few days like this, ha the guy had the nerve to say and think that are cars do 14's and 15's. errrrrr. thats exactely why i hate guys with hondas and neons, IMPORTS. B/c of this exact reason. But i was just throwing my opinion, but your all also right, im just gonna have to let it roll off like water. But that rolling water is boiling. But i will try to keep my mouth shut. And fuckin a, this is our mother freakin locker room.
    Yes, I read the first post. It didn't say all that about how the guy didn't even mod the car he was talking to much shit about or anything that was posted above.. and yeah, that changes things a little. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not tryin' to say that "here's not the place to talk shit about people"... cause it is..
    Just didn't think shit-talking was warranted to the guys face.... but after reading the last couple posts and getting more info... I take that back, the guy sounds like an asshat.

  4. #44
    Member speedracer25f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Age
    43
    Posts
    202

    Midnight Blue
    1998 Trans Am

    I dont know about the rest of you but the ricers around here are scared of my TA. I say lets race, they say what do you have, and I point to my TA across the parking lot, and they say NO WAY.

  5. #45
    Dcdrummer LS1buckey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Delaware, Ohio
    Age
    34
    Posts
    311

    pewter
    1999 Pontiac Trans Am

    Quote Originally Posted by Kjz99z28 View Post
    Yes, I read the first post. It didn't say all that about how the guy didn't even mod the car he was talking to much shit about or anything that was posted above.. and yeah, that changes things a little. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not tryin' to say that "here's not the place to talk shit about people"... cause it is..
    Just didn't think shit-talking was warranted to the guys face.... but after reading the last couple posts and getting more info... I take that back, the guy sounds like an asshat.
    I wasn't trying to be a dick to anyone on here, All I'm saying is if someone comes up to me with no good reason and starts talking shit about how their car will tear mine or my type of cars up...thats talking shit and not cool. Ya I've said shit about other cars that I thought were slow but I never go and try to call someone out that I'm not friends with and if it's not in good fun, I just keep it between me and my car friends. Thats the fine line between having pride and beind a dick if you ask me.

  6. #46
    ls1ftw tigersport14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,035

    NBM
    98 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    MY GOD! This thread is so filled with hate it makes me wonder if I should find a new place to hang out. It's funny, I think others of equal ignorance would say they same things about you in your F-bodies. Seriously, the world would be a better place if people like you would get over themselves. Whatever happened to giving somebody props for having an impressive car?

    Quit acting like you're better than people driving hondas because you drive an F-body. You have to give respect to get it, and treating people like shit will only get shit from them in return. If someone wants to mod a civic and make it fast, it isn't my cup of tea, but I'll show them respect for it. Or if I think that it's really tasteless I'll keep my big mouth shut. It's not that hard to do. Different strokes for different folks.

    To the OP: Race him, and whether you win or lose show him some class and tell him he's got a car worthy of respect. Who knows, you might even make a friend and/or learn something.

    Just me....

    Chris

    are you new here? there is less ignorance on this site than any other forums i know of, we all have respect for those cars who beat us, its just the fact that the neon guy was a dick to our fellow trans am buddy, just made us kinda mad ya know?

  7. #47
    BAHHBYE Stone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,862

    06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

    Come on guys.....you cant bash on the srt-4 owners because of some dicks.....i had a pretty quick srt-4 as most of you know and i wasnt a shit starter or little punk kid. You cant base it off most owners because they are a few that are pretty nicely done and the owners are pretty cool. But yes it is still a "Neon" but at the time i bought mine it was the cheapest, fastest and most reliable new vehicle. And i got ALOT of respect from mine....so take it easy guys...not all srt-4 owners are dicks like that guy....oh and yea...you need to kick his ass, cause im sure he cant drive either

  8. #48
    JUISSED Midnight02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Age
    37
    Posts
    663

    Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

    While I don't really like the SRT-4 Neons, I do have respect for anything that's fast. After all, isn't that exactly what racing is about? Being faster than the next guy?

    A F-body owner knocking on a faster Civic or Neon owner after getting beat sounds awfully similar to what I'm sure the Corvette and Viper guys are saying after getting walked by an F-body. We all know how exciting it is to rip by the guy driving an $80,000 sportscar with $15,000 worth of American muscle! For any of those guys that have LEGITIMATELY fast cars, they probably already have a good idea of just how quick our LSx cars are. Hence, I'm sure it's a thrill to them just knowing they've built something capable of beating us!

    What I truly can't stand (and personally seek to embarrass pretty much any time I get the opportunity) are the guys with cars that are far from fast who think they have the fastest thing to hit the pavement (see: Honda Civic with fart can and stickers). These are the types of guys that take a ride in mom's brand new Avalon and think they have the baddest ride in town. They have no freaking idea what FAST is.....I guess it's our job to walk by them and give them a sweet taste of reality.
    2002 Camaro SS M6, 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads, TFS 228/230 cam, FAST 92, bolt ons + a 10 lb bottle in the back.


    1989 Corvette L98, A4, Full bolt ons, etc.

  9. #49
    Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Research Triangle Park, NC
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,812

    Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

    Quote Originally Posted by RedFenix_68 View Post
    This guy has a fully moded s4t-4 at work, and says he walks all over T/A, and camaros like its cool. Its got over 400 ponies he said. no joke this thing is decked outbut still. i told him you run stock for stock a ls1 will spank an srt-4 no prob. Then he comes back with a smart ass comment, like so what mines not stock. blah blah blah. Then he keeps talkin like he wants to challenge me when i get my T/A down here. The last thing i want is to be beatin by a motha freakin neon.....i hate them so much. and all ive got is cat back borla exhaust, and a lid...

    Hahaha, what dousche bag man. I ran one on the highway, little red one with "1SLONEON" on the back. I left that grocery gettin SOB in the dust. He came up again after a traffic slow down, it opened up from about 50 to 130, and I showed him what a head/cam ls1 will do to a Skittle.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

  10. #50
    Nightmare RedFenix_68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cherry Point NC
    Posts
    475

    Red
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

    i just gotta also figure out how much hp, my own car has. Not sure about how much borla cat back and lingenfelter lid will give me to my ws.6 hopin for the best. lol best over stock anyway. well gtg to bed night guys. early day tommarow. LS1 fo life ya huuurr lol, my white boy ebonics. ha

  11. #51
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Fort Benning, GA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    435

    Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

    Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN View Post
    Hey Chris Arnold!!.....this video is for you
    Unfortunately, I'm deployed and am currently limited to NIPR military computers that do not allow me to access youtube. It's probably funny, so I'll take a look at it the next time I can make it to an MWR.

    Oh, and I stand by what I said. It's sometimes hard not to when people are acting stupid or ignorant, but putting down an entire group of a particular car's owners is still ignorant. I'm not just referring to the OP. A lot of peopl followed his thread up with hate. I say to them: "let it go. People shouldn't be disrespected because of the car they drive." There are a lot of asshole LS1 owners, a lot of asshole Mustang owners, a lot of asshole honda owners etc... I think that if you start classifying the entire group based off of one person, you're stereotyping and applying prejudice. If an SRT4 or a civic or soemthing outran my mustang, or outran my vette, I'd give them credit. It's all cool, and I'm sure they're proud of their car. It doesn't mean that I want their car or that their car is better than mine. I don't get offended that they won. I don't race out of a desire to put someone down. I do all of that because it's fun.

    If the guy is acting like a dick, don't talk to him. If you feel like you have to put him down because of the way he's acting, then do it rightfully and show everyone else how he's being a dick. To follow his actions up by coming on here and ranting about SRT-4s accomplishes nothing. And here was the first post:

    This guy has a fully moded s4t-4 at work, and says he walks all over T/A, and camaros like its cool. Its got over 400 ponies he said. no joke this thing is decked outbut still. i told him you run stock for stock a ls1 will spank an srt-4 no prob. Then he comes back with a smart ass comment, like so what mines not stock. blah blah blah. Then he keeps talkin like he wants to challenge me when i get my T/A down here. The last thing i want is to be beatin by a motha freakin neon.....i hate them so much.
    So the guy says he has a faster car than stock LS1s. He says it has a lot of power. The OP thinks it has been built and tells him that a stock LS1 will spank his car if it were stock. He says it's not stock and makes a challenge. OP hates neons and SRT-4s.

    I don't see any insults except the last statement. The guy may have been overbearing, so just don't participate in the conversation. Say something like, "that's great," or "congratulations you're the best," and let it go. Tell him if he were cool, maybe it would be a fun race, but he's not so I'm not interested. You don't have to be the fastest, brother. Just enjoy what you've got. You like your car and so nothing anyone says should bother you.

    When it's done in a joking manner, talking-shit can be fun. Seriously talking shit, however is never cool.

    Chris
    Last edited by Chris Arnold; 04-02-2008 at 12:56 PM.

  12. #52
    Member Blue_01_Z28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Midland, TX
    Posts
    349

    Metallic Blue
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    MY GOD! This thread is so filled with hate it makes me wonder if I should find a new place to hang out. It's funny, I think others of equal ignorance would say they same things about you in your F-bodies. Seriously, the world would be a better place if people like you would get over themselves. Whatever happened to giving somebody props for having an impressive car?

    Quit acting like you're better than people driving hondas because you drive an F-body. You have to give respect to get it, and treating people like shit will only get shit from them in return. If someone wants to mod a civic and make it fast, it isn't my cup of tea, but I'll show them respect for it. Or if I think that it's really tasteless I'll keep my big mouth shut. It's not that hard to do. Different strokes for different folks.

    To the OP: Race him, and whether you win or lose show him some class and tell him he's got a car worthy of respect. Who knows, you might even make a friend and/or learn something.

    Just me....

    Chris
    I couldn't agree more...definetly show some class and respect. I love my camaro but I have to admit there are some import cars that whip some ass!! If hes running his mouth and being an ass tell him to talk it at the track. Get sticky tires and spray on the fool. If you win just smile, if you loose show respect. Smack talking doesn't make our cars faster.

    Remember "Even from the most ignorant person, you can learn one good thing."

  13. #53
    Resident SRT-4 ambassador
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    121

    Black
    2005 SRT-4

    It sounds like you hate the owner....which is something I can relate to.

    I don't know why car enthusiasts, both domestics and imports alike, love to bash on these cars, but it's nothing new. In my opinion, I'd say, again, it has more to do with the average SRT-4 owner vs. the actual car. I can appreciate people not liking the body/styling...I mean, it IS a Neon. However, the engine and drivetrain ARE quite impressive.

    Originally, I was going to address each comment made...but that'd take way too long, haha. Suffice to say, everyone has different experiences with every car. Mine has been rock solid for two years, as have the others in this area pushing anywhere from 300 to 400whp on the STOCK bottom end and drivetrain (some may have upgraded clutches, but that's it). But...there are plenty of morons that wrap theirs around trees, or plow them into other cars each year...and even more that blow their engine from lack of experience and knowledge. I'd say every group has their fair share of this, albeit mine is larger than most, heh.

    Bottom line...I can respect ANY car/platform, as long as it's modded intelligently and clean.

  14. #54
    Member slpcamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sunnyvale
    Posts
    453

    silver
    98 ss camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    MY GOD! This thread is so filled with hate it makes me wonder if I should find a new place to hang out. It's funny, I think others of equal ignorance would say they same things about you in your F-bodies. Seriously, the world would be a better place if people like you would get over themselves. Whatever happened to giving somebody props for having an impressive car?

    Quit acting like you're better than people driving hondas because you drive an F-body. You have to give respect to get it, and treating people like shit will only get shit from them in return. If someone wants to mod a civic and make it fast, it isn't my cup of tea, but I'll show them respect for it. Or if I think that it's really tasteless I'll keep my big mouth shut. It's not that hard to do. Different strokes for different folks.

    To the OP: Race him, and whether you win or lose show him some class and tell him he's got a car worthy of respect. Who knows, you might even make a friend and/or learn something.

    Just me....

    Chris
    Good point but i have to chime in with an amen I've races a stage 2 str-4 with just a slp lm catback and won a few times there all talk. Plus like they said before you car one day will be a classic the str-4 won't be remembered in 20yrs from now plus both people I know that have modded their srt-4's have gotten rid of them because there's too many issues. Tell him that stock on stock you'll spank him and if he wants to wait for you to throw up 3-5k (like they do for their stage 3) then you'll race em and walk em. then race him for fun like it was said go from a dig he's turbo needs to spoil up he'll probably spin the tires, just use those stickys and kill him off the line and if he does manage to catch up to you just laugh knowing his car cost about the same off the lot, he's put 1000's of $ into and he can barely beat your stock car then go drive by some girls and give a nice little rev, ask them which car they'd rather drive in lol it'll shut him up for sure.

  15. #55
    Member slpcamaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sunnyvale
    Posts
    453

    silver
    98 ss camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by 4TEHW View Post
    It sounds like you hate the owner....which is something I can relate to.

    I don't know why car enthusiasts, both domestics and imports alike, love to bash on these cars, but it's nothing new. In my opinion, I'd say, again, it has more to do with the average SRT-4 owner vs. the actual car. I can appreciate people not liking the body/styling...I mean, it IS a Neon. However, the engine and drivetrain ARE quite impressive.

    Originally, I was going to address each comment made...but that'd take way too long, haha. Suffice to say, everyone has different experiences with every car. Mine has been rock solid for two years, as have the others in this area pushing anywhere from 300 to 400whp on the STOCK bottom end and drivetrain (some may have upgraded clutches, but that's it). But...there are plenty of morons that wrap theirs around trees, or plow them into other cars each year...and even more that blow their engine from lack of experience and knowledge. I'd say every group has their fair share of this, albeit mine is larger than most, heh.

    Bottom line...I can respect ANY car/platform, as long as it's modded intelligently and clean.
    I don't think it's a lack of respect it's more of annoyed these people have gutted ride like crack cars that are time bombs, that they have thrown 1000's of $ into and then they want to run around talking shit. "oh I'll take you pos v8 anyday" that's where they're coming from its annoying. Some one at the races told me on time something that made a lot of sense to me do you want to be a 1 night wonder or a legend, if you come out and blow everyone away for a few night then break down and are in the garage the rest of the year it doesn't mean shit but when you can come out week after week and put it down then you have something to talk about. No one remembers a 1 hit wonder but for example elvis made hit after hit he's dead and still selling records you say his name and no explanation is needed.

  16. #56
    15 sec. Oh yeah, its fast UTVols98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Forest Lake, MN
    Age
    38
    Posts
    488

    maroon
    2000 Z28

    I'd just race him and see if he's bullshitting about the 400 hp. Don't worry about getting beat, just do it. Half the time they won't go through with the race cause they know they only have a 4 banger and you have a V8. Trust me, he's probably just as nervous about getting beat as you are.
    2000 Z28: Accufab 4150, Vic Jr. 150 shot, Patriot stg 2 heads, big cam, FLT Stg VI 4L60, S60 rear. Waaay more stuff to list. 3100 LBS.

  17. #57
    Rollo Tomassee AKIRA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Outside the box
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    MY GOD! This thread is so filled with hate it makes me wonder if I should find a new place to hang out. It's funny, I think others of equal ignorance would say they same things about you in your F-bodies. Seriously, the world would be a better place if people like you would get over themselves. Whatever happened to giving somebody props for having an impressive car?

    Quit acting like you're better than people driving hondas because you drive an F-body. You have to give respect to get it, and treating people like shit will only get shit from them in return. If someone wants to mod a civic and make it fast, it isn't my cup of tea, but I'll show them respect for it. Or if I think that it's really tasteless I'll keep my big mouth shut. It's not that hard to do. Different strokes for different folks.

    To the OP: Race him, and whether you win or lose show him some class and tell him he's got a car worthy of respect. Who knows, you might even make a friend and/or learn something.

    Just me....

    Chris
    Probably the worst reply to this whole thread.

    Crybabies need not apply on LS1.COM.

  18. #58
    M6 King Hot Black Trans-Am's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    5,085
    Blog Entries
    1

    09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

    It has to be hell to get traction with 400HP to the skinny fronts on a SRT4. I hate the what if BS or the if it was like this or the if I put that much into my... it's run what ya brung so STFU and race!

  19. #59
    LTX N20LT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    2,006
    10's N/A

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm deployed and am currently limited to NIPR military computers that do not allow me to access youtube. It's probably funny, so I'll take a look at it the next time I can make it to an MWR.

    Oh, and I stand by what I said. It's sometimes hard not to when people are acting stupid or ignorant, but putting down an entire group of a particular car's owners is still ignorant. I'm not just referring to the OP. A lot of peopl followed his thread up with hate. I say to them: "let it go. People shouldn't be disrespected because of the car they drive." There are a lot of asshole LS1 owners, a lot of asshole Mustang owners, a lot of asshole honda owners etc... I think that if you start classifying the entire group based off of one person, you're stereotyping and applying prejudice. If an SRT4 or a civic or soemthing outran my mustang, or outran my vette, I'd give them credit. It's all cool, and I'm sure they're proud of their car. It doesn't mean that I want their car or that their car is better than mine. I don't get offended that they won. I don't race out of a desire to put someone down. I do all of that because it's fun.

    If the guy is acting like a dick, don't talk to him. If you feel like you have to put him down because of the way he's acting, then do it rightfully and show everyone else how he's being a dick. To follow his actions up by coming on here and ranting about SRT-4s accomplishes nothing. And here was the first post:



    So the guy says he has a faster car than stock LS1s. He says it has a lot of power. The OP thinks it has been built and tells him that a stock LS1 will spank his car if it were stock. He says it's not stock and makes a challenge. OP hates neons and SRT-4s.

    I don't see any insults except the last statement. The guy may have been overbearing, so just don't participate in the conversation. Say something like, "that's great," or "congratulations you're the best," and let it go. Tell him if he were cool, maybe it would be a fun race, but he's not so I'm not interested. You don't have to be the fastest, brother. Just enjoy what you've got. You like your car and so nothing anyone says should bother you.

    When it's done in a joking manner, talking-shit can be fun. Seriously talking shit, however is never cool.

    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_01_Z28 View Post
    I couldn't agree more...definetly show some class and respect. I love my camaro but I have to admit there are some import cars that whip some ass!! If hes running his mouth and being an ass tell him to talk it at the track. Get sticky tires and spray on the fool. If you win just smile, if you loose show respect. Smack talking doesn't make our cars faster.

    Remember "Even from the most ignorant person, you can learn one good thing."
    No disrespect, but you guys sound real weak. This is street racing you guys are talking about - there's no "class" in street racing. You can't attempt to force these guys to "respect all different kinds of cars". They have the right and the freedom to their own opinion. It's competition, just like with your favorite sports team as an example. Calling someone ignorant because they don't like a certain vehicle is a person preference, and shouldn't be shouted out loud in my opinion. There's cars out there I don't like, and i'm not gonna sit here and lie and tell you I respect all of the competition - because, well then, i'd be lying. This is cars and street racing were talking about here, not our lives. So please stop the crying and preaching . Personally, if i go into a thread that I don't approve of i'll back out and won't even bother to post. The fact that you all are even showing so much interest is just feeding the topic.

  20. #60
    NIUK! NIUK!..WOO!WOO!WOO! LIGHTNINGMCQUEEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    137

    BLACK
    1999 TRANS AM

    Unfortunately, I'm deployed and am currently limited to NIPR military computers that do not allow me to access youtube. It's probably funny, so I'll take a look at it the next time I can make it to an MWR.
    The video is just the opening of the Different Strokes show with theme and all....LOL

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Don't you just hate...
    By freddy_caprice in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 05:02 AM
  2. I hate when this happens
    By 86 IROC-Z in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 09:23 AM
  3. i hate
    By Nitro_Junkie97 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 07:46 AM
  4. This is why I sometimes hate my Job
    By FSANE in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 02:03 AM
  5. I hate banks. Hate them.
    By JHayesLS1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-18-2007, 01:01 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •