no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

i guess ive had a change of heart....

well tonight i was just cruising around....and i see a pair of cobra tail lights in my rear view....

now immediately my stomach drops to my cock and i get ansy. ive never ran a cobra and from the look in the rear view it was going to be a sweet death. i really up to this point havent seen or been around or driven too many ford racing products that especially caught my eye, but this was a cobra for god sakes....

well it wasnt a s/c one, rather a gunmetal grey 01 that sounded just vicious. very nice note and it was SUPER clean. he pretty much made me embarassed that my car has 2 inches of dust on the pewter paint scheme...

anyway, when he pulls up he rolls down his window and asks me if i want to go from 40 since we couldnt get a light. i oblige. we go, and i walk him by a few cars, as expected (no offense). we go a few more times and i give him the start but still the same end result. i looked over and he was still smiling ear to ear just as he pulled up the first time. im thinking "bad ass, a dude who just has fun racing, not bitter, not scared, just cool."

we stay on the road for awhile trying and failing to catch a light to line up, and we are headed for hwy 40 so i ask him if he wants to go run out there. he says hell yeah so i follow him. we hit it at 70 and im walking him but he couldnt care aless bc he kept the throttle buried. we ran em whenever we had lanes and i havent had that much fun racing in a LONG time. it was night and the weather was nice and the guy was a bad ass and the cobra looked.....DAMN GOOD???

so im here to say i am not going to be close minded anymore. theyre are alot of douche bags out there, but this cobra reminded me that there are still some out on the streets who truly like cars and going fast. i gave him the thumbs up and he told me nice car and im just glad that i can again respect the blue oval. i shouldnt have started being an idiot about things in the first place, that aint me...

long story short, stangs are cool.

black
    1999 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    well tonight i was just cruising around....and i see a pair of cobra tail lights in my rear view....
    Was he driving backwards ? lol j/k Nice kill.
    Last edited by mrr23; 05-16-2007 at 08:22 PM. Reason: fixed quote

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by T's99BlackLs1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    Was he driving backwards ? lol j/k Nice kill.
    damnit.....ya caught me...

head lights.
    Last edited by mrr23; 05-16-2007 at 08:23 PM. Reason: fixed quote

black
    1999 camaro

^^^^Yea I figured... But it's always fun to beat some1 and have them be a good sport. It just nice to beat some1 and get some props and not the finger lol.

98T/Aformula
    Quote Originally Posted by T's99BlackLs1 View Post
    ^^^^Yea I figured... But it's always fun to beat some1 and have them be a good sport. It just nice to beat some1 and get some props and not the finger lol.
    very true lol

golden
    89 grand prix

hell yeah, this is what i'm talking about. why can't more people be like you two. those "new edge" cobras sound like nothing on the road but they aren't much comp for lsx cars. i was personally raised a ford guy, maybe i still am, but i'm here because i have a lot of love for cars powered by lsx engines and i'm excited to have an opportunity in the near future to own one. the look on my good ol' dad's face will be priceless but i'll teach him about their potential and he'll come around as he respects all well built/well performing cars.

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Nice run, Cobras are all slow. Why do they even bother. As a matter of fact, why did Ford even try to compete with GM, they should have known better!! No Ford can ever beat Chevy.

Just kidding, nice kill my friend.

Blue
    99 Z28

Sounds kinda like me, even when I get my @$$ handed to me, I'm still smiling just cause I love driving/racing. I think it confuses people sometimes, like "he just lost, what the hell's he smiling about" lol.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

I had a laser red one like the one you raced. It was super clean too, with full exhaust and 3.73's. (I know I should have put 4.10's in it)

That thing sounded so sweet I would catch myself popping in the clutch in 45 mph zones and revving it a few times. Made a cucumber in my pants!

If I had to get an N/A Cobra, I would definitely get another 01. It is THE top N/A Cobra produced (except for the R models). And, incidentally, it does sound better than an 03 in my opinion. The whole blender thing is nice to hear when its somebody else's car. I would find it irritating if I had to hear it everyday.
    Last edited by Roastem; 05-18-2007 at 09:04 AM.

Pewter
    2000 z28

i agree with all that. it was a seriously gorgeous car....
    i would take one for sure.
    i didnt discredit ford from my muscle car search back in the day, but i was just SO hooked on the ls1. thats what did it.

cool cars though for sure!

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Good kill BTW!

Sounds like it was an awesome experience.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

nice kill man.

Pewter
    2000 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Good kill BTW!

Sounds like it was an awesome experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    nice kill man.
    thanks alot guys!

it was just one of those bad ass nights when youre just at peace with things. good stuff.

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Very true....

Back when I was younger and owned my Probe (KLZE swapped with other mods), I'd race everything and anything. One of the more memorable races I had was against a Mustang GT before my KLZE swap. He got me by about 2-3 car lengths...I caught up, gave him a smile and nod and he just ignored me and drove on, looking all serious and pissed.

Eventually, I got over the whole racing on public roads thing and haven't raced in quite a while because of it...but every once in a while, when the mood is right and the landscape primed (IE. No cars around, remote area) I'll give it a go.

I tried this with a 2000 SS Camaro with exhaust a few weeks back. It was one of those timing things...and really, the first race in my stock SRT-4. The problem is, the guy was an absolute douche. The kind that takes it all serious, likes to give you the 'mug' look like 'What bitch?'. So mid-setup for a rolling race, I gunned it, he gunned it and was steadily moving past me...so I let off the gas and turned around to go home.

All that to say, I know exactly what you're saying. One of the best feelings is to match up against another car enthusiast and win or lose, just have a great time. It's just too bad the douches outweight the enthusiasts.

Pewter
    2000 z28

aint that the truth....

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Yeah my supra before the turbo swap was pretty much dead even with my T/A, when i say even i mean from a dig to the top of 4th we were side by side noone was gaining or looseing any ground. Me and my friedn tony would race all the time from rolls stops the result was the same each time side by side. When we used to do 3 way races against people and blow there doors off that was great.

Thread Information