Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I got my $500 ready, does he?

This is a discussion on I got my $500 ready, does he? within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; I took an 06 GTO last night both of us m6s, from a first gear roll up to the top ...

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I took an 06 GTO last night both of us m6s, from a first gear roll up to the top of third i had about 2 cars. It was that crazy orange color

1900 Chevy

I agree about the under-estimation, but this is not my first rodeo. Before I bought this car I came directly from the Ford camp, so I know all about the modular SOHCs and what they can bring to the table. With money involved there is no chance of truly figuring out what his truck has in it. All I can do is guestimate. The thing literally whispers at idle. I can't even tell if it is on or not when he is driving by.

The fact that both vehicles can be grossly under-estimated and anything can happen is the reason why I would do this. I'm not some idiot ricer who thinks I can just walk away with peoples money, this is a legitimate bet for me. If I lose I wont be surprised or shocked or anything, thats why its called racing and not winning. Yes, its true I don't know what he's got but I know the same can be said for him. I hear alot of things on the internet about the GTOs not really being as mean as people think, yet in real life I've walked on everything that has come my way save for an LS2 Vette.

This will be an interesting parlay. What it really comes down to is my pride and youthful ego and the fact that I think I have the upper hand. I started out in a laughing tone with friendly banter asking the guy if he wanted to run, I'm down. Then it got all serious and by an older guy that thinks I'm some virgin car guy whos wet behind the ears in the racing world.

Point being; Win or lose my $500, I will NOT be punked out by a guy in a F-150 pick-up truck blower or not.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by CoolAid View Post
    ...Then it got all serious and by an older guy that thinks I'm some virgin car guy whos wet behind the ears in the racing world.
    He might have a point. What is his racing background? How about yours?

1900 Chevy

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    He might have a point. What is his racing background? How about yours?
    His: ?

Mine; (3) '72 Chevelles, (1) 70 Chevelle, (1) '72 Nova, (1) '68 SS-396 Elky, 13880 code, (1) 2002 35th Commemrative SS, (1) 04 Mustang GT.....
    Built my first small-block at age 17, went 25W-5L with it in Reno, NV against everything from blown trucks to my buds 502 Elky (lost that one bad). My reaction times at the track never go above .100, best of .009....etc... I am not trying to act like I know it all by stating this, its simply because you asked. I don't know it all, but I've been into this crap for 11 years or so and know my way around a bit.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Ok. Heads-up or bracket racing? What series did you race in? Or were these street races?

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

LOL.... leave him alone, Bob. Very few "kids" are modest. I think the fact that he realizes he may get beat is more credit than you can give 50% of the "kids" with LS1s.

Chris

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

You're right. I apologize.

Good luck.
    Bob

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information