Results 1 to 18 of 18

I got a little taste of an Ls1 the other day.

This is a discussion on I got a little taste of an Ls1 the other day. within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Im going home from work thru a busy street. All of a sudden this navy blue Z28 i beleive flys ...

  1. #1
    Member EVO8 driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denton Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    233

    Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

    I got a little taste of an Ls1 the other day.

    Im going home from work thru a busy street. All of a sudden this navy blue Z28 i beleive flys by me and roars his engine as he passes me. The exhaust note was EXTREMELY loud. Louder than my full catless exhaust. So we get caught in a red light but he is 2 cars in front of me on my right lane. The camaro had a big sticker across his rear window that said "something"motorsports. And i could also see 4 tips from the exhaust. It also had aftermarket black rims. The light turns green and my lane starts moving faster. As i pass by him i rev my little engine at him and keep going with the traffic. He gets behind me on my lane then goes back to his lane to get next to me. We have our windows down and are rolling at about 22mph. He looks at me and revs his engine loudly a couple of times then he holds his hand to his ear asking me, "let me hear yours". I reved it once and he's laughing at me reving back. Obviously my exhaust note is not as loud. I signaled with my hands, "just wait till there is space in front of us". When he saw i wanted to run him, he put his hand towards the dashboard and all i heard was a LOUD "pissch" sound. Even louder than his exhaust!! I thought oh shit, he has nos. So we both slow down to about 25mph and gun it at the same time!! I pulled 1 car lenght on him before we stopped at 60mph due to the heavy traffic. The guy kept his distance behind and turnd on the following street. I was pulling more and more as the rpms rose. I did not just gain distance and stayed there. One thing for sure is that it was faster than the mustang gt. I just thought i'd share with you guys.

  2. #2
    Member DragonsPhyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Yuma, AZ
    Age
    47
    Posts
    179

    Black
    2000 Firebird Formula WS6

    umm

    this smells of made up sentences in parts. I know EVOs that have beaten LS1s.. I wont say why here because that is another story altogether. but this story rings my bullshit alarm.

  3. #3
    Sticks n Stones
    Guest
    gotta tell you nice slap down. anybody beggin for a race like that should have stuck around for a better run or at least to give you a wave. jackass probably didnt even have the nos fully installed. or worse, had never actually ran his car against something faster than a "modded" 4 cyl honda and thought he could give you the jump and make it up. do me a favor and find him again. do all the tricks you hopefully learned on these pages (jump the light first, wait till he's at an inbetween rpm etc...) guy needs some lessons. at least you already KNOW he needs them! evo's and sti's have duly earned at least half of the respect they get on chat boards and in magazines. too bad ls1's dont get even that half.....
    remember its not how fast your car is, its what you do with it|

  4. #4
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
    gotta tell you nice slap down. anybody beggin for a race like that should have stuck around for a better run or at least to give you a wave. jackass probably didnt even have the nos fully installed. or worse, had never actually ran his car against something faster than a "modded" 4 cyl honda and thought he could give you the jump and make it up. do me a favor and find him again. do all the tricks you hopefully learned on these pages (jump the light first, wait till he's at an inbetween rpm etc...) guy needs some lessons. at least you already KNOW he needs them! evo's and sti's have duly earned at least half of the respect they get on chat boards and in magazines. too bad ls1's dont get even that half.....
    remember its not how fast your car is, its what you do with it|
    don't talk about "earned respect" and turn around and say jump the light or catch him between rpms. that's bitch racing and deserves no respect, if you can't win straight up take your crap home

  5. #5
    Member EVO8 driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denton Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    233

    Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

    This is real. I have no reason to lie. I would have made up a story a long time ago since I've been wanting to race an Ls1. I have never heard nos before when activated. I dont even know if it was nos. But it sounded VERY loud pisch type of sound. I really dont consider this a kill as it was a short race and not even from a deadstop. But we did take off at lower gears and signaled each other to go. My car is NOT stock but it is not a monster either. Maybe in the long run is where it would have been closer. I know the LS1 is a monster at higher speeds. But from a deadstop, my head wants to roll off my neck and all the pocket change on the dashboard pocket goes flying to the seats!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Liberty MO
    Posts
    100

    Black
    1995 Firebird

    The change rolls off my dash in my 01 silverado......................

  7. #7
    Member EVO8 driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denton Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    233

    Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

    Then your silverado should be able to take out an LS1 modded!!

  8. #8
    Member Mach1Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    203

    Blue
    04 Mach 1

    Nice kill, there i will say it.

    On another note i just ran a 06 evo today and it was bad for him. Beat him from a dead stop by multi car lengths. Nice guy though, we have been trying to race for a few weeks now and we finally went at it. Before we raced i took him for a ride in my car and he told me i was going to wax him though.

  9. #9
    10 sec. club
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tempe, AZ
    Age
    39
    Posts
    81

    550rwhp Unlocked
    '05 GTO

    Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver
    I have never heard nos before when activated. I dont even know if it was nos. But it sounded VERY loud pisch type of sound.

    Good kill. anything can happen on the street.


    Just so you know... you cant hear the N20 when he's sprayin it while accelerating or while its "activated" as you called it.

    the only thing you may have heard would be him "purging" his line.....which could have been the loud "pisch" sound

    Just tryin to edjumacate ya. lol

  10. #10
    Platypus Control Director BigFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SC!
    Age
    50
    Posts
    92

    Black
    2002 SS

    huh?

    What the hell is an EVO?

    If it's another lawn mower engine POS from Japan, don't bother answering me.

  11. #11
    member toneloc60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    currently, a tent in Iraq
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    '00 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by BigFrog
    What the hell is an EVO?

    If it's another lawn mower engine POS from Japan, don't bother answering me.
    WOW!!! You're about as dumb as they come aren't ya!? Calling an EVO a lawn mower engine POS from Japan is completely stupid! Yes it is a four cyl. Yes it is from the land of the rising sun. However, you're a moron to think that just because you have an F-body with a V8 you are superior. Fact is, the EVO will tear your ass up through the twisties, and if lightly modded, it will murder you out of the hole and get you on the top end too.

    I'm guessing you haven't done any performance work to your Camaro and you're running basically stock. Because, if you were into the performance seen you'd know what a Mitsubishi Evolution is. My advise, don't run your dick sucker until you have an idea of what's going on or you're going to be very embarrassed in your high and mighty stock LS1.

  12. #12
    Member Mach1Mustang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Concord, NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    203

    Blue
    04 Mach 1

    Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    WOW!!! You're about as dumb as they come aren't ya!? Calling an EVO a lawn mower engine POS from Japan is completely stupid! Yes it is a four cyl. Yes it is from the land of the rising sun. However, you're a moron to think that just because you have an F-body with a V8 you are superior. Fact is, the EVO will tear your ass up through the twisties, and if lightly modded, it will murder you out of the hole and get you on the top end too.

    I'm guessing you haven't done any performance work to your Camaro and you're running basically stock. Because, if you were into the performance seen you'd know what a Mitsubishi Evolution is. My advise, don't run your dick sucker until you have an idea of what's going on or you're going to be very embarrassed in your high and mighty stock LS1.
    That is soo true. I rode in the guys car that i raced and that thing handled like it was on rails. That thing handled awosome.

  13. #13
    Platypus Control Director BigFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SC!
    Age
    50
    Posts
    92

    Black
    2002 SS

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    you're a moron to think that just because you have an F-body with a V8 you are superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60

    don't run your dick sucker until you have an idea of what's going on or you're going to be very embarrassed in your high and mighty stock LS1.


    I don't think I am superior; I like my car and found owning it a better option than buying a 4 banger that sounds like a yard tool. People that spend thousands on a Japanese 4-banger so it can run as quick and fast as a stock American Muscle Car? Go for it, just don’t expect anyone to view your “Frankenstein Dog” in the same way they look at well bred race horse.

    I also don't have a "dick sucker", a term you seem to be familiar with. No matter what happens I will never be embarrassed driving my LS1, all the rice in the orient can drive by me: stock, modified - whatever - My car is what it is and all the modifications people have to do to make their POS Ricers something competitive is only proof of their never ending Vehicle Erectile Dysfunction frustrations.
    Black 2002 SS
    SLP Airbox Lid, K&N Filter, Flowmaster Exhaust
    CDT Speakers + Sub

  14. #14
    member toneloc60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    currently, a tent in Iraq
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,147

    NBM
    '00 Z28

    Quote Originally Posted by BigFrog

    I don't think I am superior; I like my car and found owning it a better option than buying a 4 banger that sounds like a yard tool. People that spend thousands on a Japanese 4-banger so it can run as quick and fast as a stock American Muscle Car? Go for it, just don’t expect anyone to view your “Frankenstein Dog” in the same way they look at well bred race horse.

    I also don't have a "dick sucker", a term you seem to be familiar with. No matter what happens I will never be embarrassed driving my LS1, all the rice in the orient can drive by me: stock, modified - whatever - My car is what it is and all the modifications people have to do to make their POS Ricers something competitive is only proof of their never ending Vehicle Erectile Dysfunction frustrations.
    My point is, stock, they're fast. About even with our cars with their stock 4 bangers. I'm just trying to shed some light on your rather dim knowledge of performance cars. And I don't think I'd call any car that does 0-60 in high 3's a POS.

  15. #15
    Platypus Control Director BigFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SC!
    Age
    50
    Posts
    92

    Black
    2002 SS

    Exclamation You can shine a turd all you want, it's still a turd.

    My point is, no matter what you do to it, it still looks like this:

    Attachment 4023

    If you WANT that, you need glasses and/or therapy. If you mod that to NOT look like that, then why the hell buy it in the first place???

  16. #16
    SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Lost in Texas
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,683

    Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

    Quote Originally Posted by BigFrog
    My point is, no matter what you do to it, it still looks like this:

    Attachment 4023

    If you WANT that, you need glasses and/or therapy. If you mod that to NOT look like that, then why the hell buy it in the first place???
    different strokes for different folks, cock. If you wanna badmouth evos then start your own thread badmouthing evos, you have no business coming in here talkin crap like this

  17. #17
    Platypus Control Director BigFrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SC!
    Age
    50
    Posts
    92

    Black
    2002 SS

    Smile You are so vulgar, you must be right!

    Quote Originally Posted by z_driver1
    different strokes for different folks, cock. you have no business coming in here talkin crap like this
    I have no business inferring that an F-body is better looking than an EVO (and is in fact a sports car from the ground up while an EVO is modified edition of a plain 4 cylinder Kar) ON a F-body web site forum. Gee, you are right; I must be out of my mind!

    You, though, have the right to call me a "Cock" on a web site forum to discuss vehicles.

    I am sorry, I must have ingested alcohol and/or drugs to be so far out in my thinking.

    I will now quiet down so you can go on with your intelligent, topically correct and socially important name calling.

  18. #18
    Senior Member mrr23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    orlando, fl
    Posts
    7,134

    dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

    gone far enough. warnings have been handed out. if you can't keep it about cars, then move on. no need to insult people.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WBC gets a taste of its own tactics.
    By SMWS6TA in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 05:47 AM
  2. At least he's got taste!
    By FullBlack4thGen in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 11-04-2009, 07:52 AM
  3. At Least Someone in Hollywood has Some Taste!
    By KyleLs1 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 05:08 AM
  4. XLR TAste GoOd
    By Fade2Black in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 04:27 PM
  5. Got a little taste of the mighty LS1...
    By V8This in forum Kill Stories
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-24-2006, 09:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •