Maple Red Metalic (MRM)
    2000 TransAM WS7

I got killed... HARD!

Ok so first i have to explain the situation. The car is in the shop for some new strut mounts. The rent a car place was kind enough to loan me the meanest machine they had on the lot! 2006 Chevy Aveo.. O yes the 800lbs 4x6 Aveo.

So im driving home one night and it never fails that "fun" cars are out in force when im NOT in my car. It was sick how many cars i could of played with.

So by now im pist because im in this turd. Its late, the highway is empty. I see some headlights comming. Turns out to be a nice LS1 WS6. He doenst even notice me as he passes by at maybe 3-4mph faster then myself. I think to myself, SCREW IT! So i get parrallel with this guy who still doesnt even notice me. I start doin some launches next to him. Funny thing is this rental is such a turd i have to go WOT just to keep from slowing down going up hills. I dont even think the guy know im trying to screw with him. So i slow up and get parrallel, and honk it off.. He looks over as i "launch" and just starts laughing his ass off. Pretty damn funny, i was laughing to. So after i launch he just looks at me as i sit in the driver set rocking forward and backwards trying to get this turd to go forward any faster. He catches back up to me. I put it in neutral and rev it a bit, i dont think i could even hear it.... SO i put it back in gear and at this poin the other driver thinks im crazy. He slows down to 40, i do the same. He rolls down the widnow and asks if im serious, and wanna run'em. I tell him Fkn right lets do this... I honk it off again and withing 2 seconds he had about 4 car lengths... By this time my exit was comming up, and i waved as i pulled off.

LOL...I havent laughed that hard in a long time. I hope he got some hummor out of it.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 Formula

That's awesome. Way to willingfully die for someone elses pleasure

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Good death. I guess that gives you have an idea of how fast your car is from a different perspective.
    I can't believe they would give you something like that for a rental car, Lol. I would have refused that death trap.

Blue
    00 Z28 6Spd / 03 Z71 LT

lol funny chit.
    00 Z28 M6 T-tops
    00 SS A4 T-tops (Sold)
    99 Corvette M6 (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 Coupe (Sold)
    98 Z28 A4 T-tops (Sold)

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28 A4

OMFG... LMAO... hahahaha... man... that's just hillarious!

I've actually tried that type of thing...back in my Ex's BrĂ*o (Hyundai Accent)... and I have to say the WHOPPING 92hp... are a real rush!!...specially when you realise the car doesn't make it past 95mph...

white
    2001 trans am

lol, the funniest part is that i can invision the rocking back and fourth to get it to go faster haha.

have you tried swimming through the air? i have heard that adds about 5whp lol

Maple Red Metalic (MRM)
    2000 TransAM WS7

I would of tried the swimming thing, but the car is so small i would of had to lean out to window to stretch my arms. Of course i couldnt do that becuase the car would of been off center, and tipped over!

white
    2001 trans am

HAHA! aint that the truth

Black & Black
    2001 Firehawk & 2002 WS-6

Quote Originally Posted by Liveforfunjim View Post
    I would of tried the swimming thing, but the car is so small i would of had to lean out to window to stretch my arms. Of course i couldnt do that becuase the car would of been off center, and tipped over!
    Man that is humor there. I am sure the other guy was wondering if you forgot your straight jacket at home. Story made my day at least. Kudos

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Same thing happened to me once, sort of. I was driving my mom's kia sportage, pulled up next to a camaro and revved at him, light turned green I took off but he didnt follow, didnt realize there was a cop behind him, so i slowed my ass down hehe

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

its fun to race when u have nothing to lose

grey
    95 9c1 caprice

its also fun to race when its not urs..haha...i love rentals...i had a 04 f-350 that had some issues and they gave me a focus and they rental guy said give it hell and i laughted thinking he shouldnt of said that to me...it was an auto and everytime i was at a stop i would nuetral drop it as hard as i could...it would only rev to like 4k i think since it was in nue. but i got it on a friday and it was the party transportation for the night when we went out and i drove it for one night and almost 200miles on it and it started shifting weird like i would floor it and when it shifted into 2nd it would slip like crazy and then grab 2nd super hard and i lost over drive and then 10miles later still beating on it i lost 3rd and then when i was bringing people home i lost 2nd and it was grinding something bad and i was scared to come to a complete stop not nowing if it would go again but i made it to my house with just first gear and no reverse and the next morning when they came to pick it up it had nothing....just so u know u can be going down the road over 50mph and take a auto shift and jam it from 1st to park and back without anything bad happening....poor thing..never saw it coming but i was easy on the next car they gave me since they would be asking questions if it happened again

wow, 800lbs 4x6 Aveo, did not know that... but yeah, funny death!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

800lb? wtf? 4x6?

Maple Red Metalic (MRM)
    2000 TransAM WS7

OK, i dont really know how much it weighed...chevrolet.com if you really want to know... Point is, it was little, and light!!!!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

I was bored so I looked it up. The curb weight is about 2343lbs. Here are some links showing HP and what not. I think the base model Aveo puts out a whopping 160hp@6000 RPM.

http://cars.about.com/od/chevrolet/fr/jf_05chevaveo.htm

http://www.automotive.com/2006/12/ch...are/index.html

For one
    Looking

Well after I took my S-10 to new heights.... and it came back down... I had to drive a rental... OOOooooo a V6 Mustang. Insurance on the rental???? ...

(two weeks later)
    I swear it only had 3 hubcaps when I got it....

Thread Information