Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I feel bad for my buddies 06 STI

This is a discussion on I feel bad for my buddies 06 STI within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by El Toro Loco nice kill. i always love puttin an ass whoopin on those guys who think ...

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    nice kill. i always love puttin an ass whoopin on those guys who think there turbo cars can sweep the floor on any car they race. especially the ones who talk shit about our cars
    And people like you have become so accustomed to bashing all the ricers with big mouths, that when a decent import comes along who doesn't have an ego your prejudice takes over and you bash him anyway.

There have been times when I've beaten a decent domestic and I go to give the guy a thumbs up, and he gives me the middle finger. Not all owners are like this, but the vast majority of them are so super biased that anything import is but a shit stain on the carpet to them, regardless of how well the car performs or looks.

I've been on both sides of the fence for a while. I've owned both import and domestic cars and hybrids of both. I understand that many people have a preference, whether it be import or domestic, but if you're one of those individuals who are hardcore one sided at least respect the attributes, achievements, and strengths from the other side. I've been on many import and domestic forums that share the same harshness and hatred for each other. There will always be egotistic ricers who will run there mouths and muscle-heads who will find any reason to stomp on an import, the reality and common ground is somewhere in between these two extremes. These car enthusiasts, who are on common ground, are the individuals I like to meet, race, and talk with, since they are able to respect the aspects of both sides.

With that being said, I think this thread has gone horribly awry.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    nice kill. i always love puttin an ass whoopin on those guys who think there turbo cars can sweep the floor on any car they race. especially the ones who talk shit about our cars
    Thanks! Glad to see your on topic.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    And people like you have become so accustomed to bashing all the ricers with big mouths, that when a decent import comes along who doesn't have an ego your prejudice takes over and you bash him anyway.

Im sure the only reason he says that is cuz the guy i races was a dick and talks shit about my car and says its useless.

I couldnt i agree with you more.

TBA
    67' rs/ss

The numbers on the STi seemed low to me for a 20g ! Like someone posted before 320AWHP and 380+TQ can be got with a stock turbo. I never had any leaking anything or head problems when I owned my STI. I wouldn't base my whole theory or opinion of a STi on my friends STi which has a mysteriously huge amount of turbo lag from his stock turbo, I for one was spooling at 2500 rpms. Lets compare apple to apples, these are 2 totally different cars that are made for different purposes, one is more well rounded then the other and performs well no matter how ricey or ugly or nasty sounding you might think about it, I know what I've seen on the streets, drag strip, and video and quite frankly anything can happen. We all know that ! With that being said there is really no way that we can really say one car is better than the other. To each his own is how it should be ! But we all know that not how some think !

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

There is no apples to apples. It's about who has more money to spend. I'm sure most on here a following the Godzilla Vette build. That's was money can do for a FI V8. Not knocking imports I'm a fan of all fast cars, just don't talk sh*t because you have a turbo car and when someone hands your ass back to you, you have a million excuses as to why you lost.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by doozjamann View Post
    There is no apples to apples. It's about who has more money to spend. I'm sure most on here a following the Godzilla Vette build. That's was money can do for a FI V8. Not knocking imports I'm a fan of all fast cars, just don't talk sh*t because you have a turbo car and when someone hands your ass back to you, you have a million excuses as to why you lost.
    yup----

mom put regular in my car

my v-tec didn't spool

there wasnt any wind to put enough downforce on my tires so my front tires spun out

zinergy says my car is easy to mod so i win by default

just wait till i paint my body kit

if i 2jz my k20 it'll be OMG like an N64

the guys on the internet said i'll win. internet > real life so i win.

3-Time F-Body Offender doozjamann's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    yup----

my v-tec didn't spool

there wasnt any wind to put enough downforce on my tires so my front tires spun out

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti View Post
    From Motor Trend

2000 TA
    0-60 in 5.0 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.5 seconds
    braking 60-0 121 ft
    slalom at 64.6 mph
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ws6/index.html

2004 STi
    0-60 in 4.87 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds
    braking 60-0 111 ft
    slalom at 69.1 mph
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ecs_price.html

I'm not trying to convince anyone that one car is better than another. But look at the numbers stock for stock then compare. And I know I'll get flamed to no end on this one by wesman, I don't care. I joined this forum to see how your community acts towards other people/cars and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.
    Not all of us. I have said many times on here and every other forum I am on that I like any car that is well thought out, designed and is good at it's intended purpose. An a-hole is an a-hole, no matter what he drives!

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post

There have been times when I've beaten a decent domestic and I go to give the guy a thumbs up, and he gives me the middle finger. Not all owners are like this, but the vast majority of them are so super biased that anything import is but a shit stain on the carpet to them, regardless of how well the car performs or looks.

I've been on both sides of the fence for a while. I've owned both import and domestic cars and hybrids of both. I understand that many people have a preference, whether it be import or domestic, but if you're one of those individuals who are hardcore one sided at least respect the attributes, achievements, and strengths from the other side. I've been on many import and domestic forums that share the same harshness and hatred for each other. There will always be egotistic ricers who will run there mouths and muscle-heads who will find any reason to stomp on an import, the reality and common ground is somewhere in between these two extremes. These car enthusiasts, who are on common ground, are the individuals I like to meet, race, and talk with, since they are able to respect the aspects of both sides.

you took that the wrong way but the beging thread said the guy with the sti was buggin the op. im glad he put an ass whoopin on him. not sayin that all the import owners are like that and their are plenty of them car that would whoop on me any day as well as domestics. but the vast majority think that theirs cars and them rule the auto world. those guys and girls are the ones who i was talkin about even the domestics guys fit there too. and i am actually the car enthusiats you are referring to. i love going to the local track or hang out and see what other people have done tot there cars. i like to talk and ask about there cars and see what has been done to them. sorry if i offended anyone that was not my intention. i was simply stating opinion

pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by jaxredg8 View Post
    An a-hole is an a-hole, no matter what he drives!
    yes, and those are the ones who deserve the ass handing they get. i love to race and know that i will not always win . just accept it and do not make any excuses just aceept that it was either a better car driver or both then go and haha j/k

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti View Post
    From Motor Trend

2000 TA
    0-60 in 5.0 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.5 seconds
    braking 60-0 121 ft
    slalom at 64.6 mph
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ws6/index.html

2004 STi
    0-60 in 4.87 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds
    braking 60-0 111 ft
    slalom at 69.1 mph
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ecs_price.html

I'm not trying to convince anyone that one car is better than another. But look at the numbers stock for stock then compare. And I know I'll get flamed to no end on this one by wesman, I don't care. I joined this forum to see how your community acts towards other people/cars and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.
    As was mentioned, you're comparing two completely different tests, it wasn't a head to head comparison.

LS1 M6 F-bodies have gone as fast as 12.9 stock. Thats documented. Bottom line is you're comparing a 230WHP car to a 290WHP car. Not only that, but the LS1 has a huge powerband, there is never any lag like your precious STI. The LS1 F-body is the more powerful car, and it will absolutely destroy an STI from anything other than a dig. Over 100MPH, you might as well get out and push the STI, they have no top end.

You joined here to troll about Subarus, in other words, get a rise our of people. You aren't pulling the wool over anyone's eyes, please don't embarass yourself by assuming people on here are that dumb. Its blatantly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    As was mentioned, you're comparing two completely different tests, it wasn't a head to head comparison.

LS1 M6 F-bodies have gone as fast as 12.9 stock. Thats documented. Bottom line is you're comparing a 230WHP car to a 290WHP car. Not only that, but the LS1 has a huge powerband, there is never any lag like your precious STI. The LS1 F-body is the more powerful car, and it will absolutely destroy an STI from anything other than a dig. Over 100MPH, you might as well get out and push the STI, they have no top end.

You joined here to troll about Subarus, in other words, get a rise our of people. You aren't pulling the wool over anyone's eyes, please don't embarass yourself by assuming people on here are that dumb. Its blatantly obvious.
    The argument is over cars that are designed to do different things. Why is this thread so long? This was all covered 3 times over, on top of the kill story.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    yup----

my v-tec didn't spool

When did i ever say the STI was easier to mod. You get bigger power gains from bolt ons and tuning then a ls1 would but that because of the turbo being so underworked from factory.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    When did i ever say the STI was easier to mod. You get bigger power gains from bolt ons and tuning then a ls1 would but that because of the turbo being so underworked from factory.
    Looks like you just said it.

The turbo is "underworked"?? I didn't know you could "underwork" a turbo, especially not with 15PSI of boost stock. Doesn't sound "underworked" to me at all. Just sounds like you're pulling straws.

Arctic White, red/gray

Looks like you just said it.

The turbo is "underworked"?? I didn't know you could "underwork" a turbo, especially not with 15PSI of boost stock. Doesn't sound "underworked" to me at all. Just sounds like you're pulling straws.
    Pulling at straws? lol

I just meant you can get a good amount more power out of the turbo.

And i didnt just say the STI is easier to mod. Its easier to a point, but after bolt ons it gets alot more expensive to mod. But a full bolt on sti wil lgo from 230whp to 320whp thats 90whp. Alot more than a ls1 would get from intake,header back exhaust and a tune.

Why are we still talking about this though. Its going in circles.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-22-2009 at 09:06 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Pulling at straws? lol

And i didnt just say the STI is easier to mod. Its easier to a point, but after bolt ons it gets alot more expensive to mod. But a full bolt on sti wil lgo from 230whp to 320whp thats 90whp. Alot more than a ls1 would get from intake,header back exhaust and a tune.
    Considering our motors aren't a pathetic 230WHP from the factory, I don't see how thats relevent.

I could take an LS1 Camaro, put a 1" exhaust on it, then swap to LT's and 3" and gain a hell of a lot more than 90WHP.

Arctic White, red/gray

Considering our motors aren't a pathetic 230WHP from the factory, I don't see how thats relevent.

I could take an LS1 Camaro, put a 1" exhaust on it, then swap to LT's and 3" and gain a hell of a lot more than 90WHP.
    lol, it doesnt matter, a ls1 car with header back exhaust and a intake with a tune on a dyno will put down 320-330whp as will a STI with the same mods.

BTW a sti has a 2.5inch exhaust stock, dont know where that 1inch comment came from.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-22-2009 at 09:27 AM.

NBM
    98 trans am

Pulling at straws? lol

Why are we still talking about this though. Its going in circles.
    If youre wondering why its still being talked about, maybe you should ask yourself? you keep talkin too

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    If youre wondering why its still being talked about, maybe you should ask yourself? you keep talkin too
    Its curiosity, i like to see what his next retarded post will say.

NBM
    98 trans am

Its curiosity, i like to see what his next retarded post will say.
    lkjalnek ching chong won gal kseahwe yongggg.

HOW YA LIKE THEM APPLES!?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information