Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 122

I feel bad for my buddies 06 STI

This is a discussion on I feel bad for my buddies 06 STI within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Zinergy Im not saying you need to like them, but show some respect for once. There are ...

  1. #81
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Im not saying you need to like them, but show some respect for once. There are 2.3 liters running 6s and 7s and streetable ones running 9s far faster than any car either of you will probably ever own. Once again they werent even designed for the straightline goal but they still do it well if setup correctly.
    i dont have to show respect for those cars--- because you feel the need to pull pride in what others have done with their cars and try to rub it in my face is kinda sad... there are "streetable" domestics running 9's too and even pump gas domestics in the 8's.

    will i ever own a 9 second car? not likely and neither will you. but if i do it's because i built it myself and didn't just buy it that way like some punk. if somebody else want to build a fast ricer that's their business even though there isn't much point to it--- i neither have to show respect to it nor do i have to like it.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Not only does the f-body sound better, it looks better, it's cheaper, and best of all, it's AMERICAN...(built in Canda )
    I don't deny that the sound of an LS1 wot, is far more appealing than a boxer 4 cylinder. Trust me, I know. However, it's not a terrible sound. They actually sound pretty meaty. I understand it doesn't appeal to everyone.

    Let me ask you. Do you like the sound of a Ferrari 3.6L V8?

  3. #83
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    I don't deny that the sound of an LS1 wot, is far more appealing than a boxer 4 cylinder. Trust me, I know. However, it's not a terrible sound. They actually sound pretty meaty. I understand it doesn't appeal to everyone.

    Let me ask you. Do you like the sound of a Ferrari 3.6L V8?
    Ferarris sound good.

    Do you know why?? Because they are bred from racing engines and they cost a damn lot of money. You get what you pay for. There's a big difference between an Italian hand built race bred engine and a japanese engine pulled from an economy car with a turbo slapped on. Which is basically what the STi and Evo and ever other Asian "performance" cars consist of. Riced up econo cars.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Ferarris sound good.

    Do you know why?? Because they are bred from racing engines and they cost a damn lot of money. You get what you pay for. There's a big difference between an Italian hand built race bred engine and a japanese engine pulled from an economy car with a turbo slapped on. Which is basically what the STi and Evo and ever other Asian "performance" cars consist of. Riced up econo cars.
    Do you think this sounds good or is it rice?


  5. #85
    ls1ftw tigersport14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,035

    NBM
    98 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    Do you think this sounds good or is it rice?

    i like it

  6. #86
    Senior Member ss~zoso~ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    )
    Posts
    9,128

    SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

    in before the

  7. #87
    ls1ftw tigersport14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Tulsa
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,035

    NBM
    98 trans am

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    The very fact that you claim a f-body stock will beat a STI stock around a track just goes to show you have no idea what you are talking about. Im not going to argue with you on this matter anymore as there is no cure for foolishness.
    shhhh....... shhhh...... hush.......

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,261

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    First off not many people have a 500+hp STI, 2nd off, even less people could ever drive the car like seen in the video. So that was pretty pointless. There's probably only a handful of people that could drive a awd 4 banger like that.

    I'll just have to agree with wesman once again since we have similar situations. If I want a roomy interior I drive my grand prix as well. Not only does an STi look like shit, it sounds like shit and the only thing it may have on an f-body stock is it's handling. Honestly, who cares. Most roads are in a straight line and no one needs a car on the highway that is good at handling, so what's the damn point unless you are doing auto-x. Even then the f-body can be made to do that and with far less money.

    My f-body 9,000
    My grand prix 6,000

    Far less than an STi, and I bought these cars for that price, several years ago.

    Not only does the f-body sound better, it looks better, it's cheaper, and best of all, it's AMERICAN...(built in Canda )
    You all talk about potential, well when people buy STIs most do it because they see potential. How many people make them into full on drag cars, not anywhere near as many who do road courses on the weekends or even in amateur levels. The STI has far more potential than a f-body on courses.

    Go on the subaru forums, i did when i got my legacy. And when i went in coming from being a straight line racer none of them cared what i was saying about racing because almost noone on those forums builds there cars for straight line. In fact most of the first mods done to legacys and STIs after bolt ons is suspension and brake mods.

    And why do you keep comparing prices of two used cars to the price of a new STI. 9+6= 15k, you can get STIs for 15-18k. I got my legacy for 15 and its runs mid 13s, holds my daughter and enough gear for almost anything i do and goes through any weather. Not to mention 5 star saftey rating which is nice to know when you have a kid. I owned a 2001 GTP and that car doesnt even come close to the fun and daily driving abilitys of my legacy. Now i understnad the f-body is your fun car, but these people buying used STIs do it because they get both a fun car and a DD all in one.

    Im not telling you all to go out and get 4 bangers, i know most people here are straight line racers and the reason for that is the f-body is a straight line car, yes you can add suspension and braking parts to make it do those things better but if you were to do the same mods to a STI it would still be much better. If your into drag racing then a f-body is obviously the better choice, but if your not which alot of people arent then the STI is the better choice and who are you people to tell them they are wrong for thinking its a better can than your f-body. It is better for what they want to use it for.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-19-2009 at 08:06 AM.

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,261

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    Well this all comes down to opinions. Especially when the ricers are ass holes and think they can take on the world. Like my buddy in his STI will start laughin at me when i tell him my mods planned for this summer, then ill laugh right back and tell him to take off his turbo that he has to have to keep up. He is so 4 cylinder biased and has every come through as of why a 4 cylinder is better that a v-8. In his mind, there is no advantages of a N/A v-8 over a turboed 4 cylinder with less power. this is how bad he is, i asked him if he would rather have a new GTR or a ZR1 and he said GTR. I know its a six cylinder twin turbo but still ZR1 has about every advantage on it besides AWD.
    I agree that people who think there STI has more potential in power making department need a lesson. But that doesnt mean they cant have a little fun doing straight line races, as long as they understand there car is at a disadvantage from the start. Just like someone who is looking to get into road racing and buys a f-body needs to understand they are starting with a disadvantage.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-19-2009 at 07:57 AM.

  10. #90
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    jacksonville, fl
    Posts
    67

    liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I agree that people who think there STI has more potential in power making department need a lesson. But that doesnt mean they cant have a little fun doing straight line races, as long as they understand there car is at a disadvantage from the start. Just like someone who is looking to get into road racing and buys a f-body needs to understand they are starting with a disadvantage.
    Exactly. Everyone here should understand that. Like I have said before, I think most people appreciate any nice car that serves whatever purpose it was originally intended for. Straight line= big honking V-8. Twisties= AWD anything. Like you said, I can make any car good at anything (within reason) if I have enough money and time.
    2008 G8 GT
    CAI, 25% UDP, Livernois stage 1 cam, Kooks LTH"S, Catted X-Pipe, Kooks axle backs, DMH electric cutouts, 125 shot of happy juice and tune by Tony G at HP Performance!

  11. #91
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,261

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by jaxredg8 View Post
    Exactly. Everyone here should understand that. Like I have said before, I think most people appreciate any nice car that serves whatever purpose it was originally intended for. Straight line= big honking V-8. Twisties= AWD anything. Like you said, I can make any car good at anything (within reason) if I have enough money and time.
    I just looked at your mod list. You have more mods than anyone else with a g8 i have spoken with. Have you been to the track yet? Or the dyno, what kinda numbers did you make if you were?

  12. #92
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    jacksonville, fl
    Posts
    67

    liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I just looked at your mod list. You have more mods than anyone else with a g8 i have spoken with. Have you been to the track yet? Or the dyno, what kinda numbers did you make if you were?
    Track yes. Numbers were quite embarassing though due to street tires and 540rwtq not getting along!! Dyno #'s are on a photobucket account that I cant access here at work but if you remind me, I will post later. I run a 125 shot on street trim and its right at 480rwhp and 507rwtq. With the 150 shot, its 498rwhp and 540rwtq. I only run that 150 shot at the track. My tuner usually goes with me so he re-programs the ecm for whichever shot I am running. I wouuld leave the 150 in all the time but the amount of timing we have to pull with it makes the car feel like a dog off the bottle!

  13. #93
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    3,261

    Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

    Quote Originally Posted by jaxredg8 View Post
    Track yes. Numbers were quite embarassing though due to street tires and 540rwtq not getting along!! Dyno #'s are on a photobucket account that I cant access here at work but if you remind me, I will post later. I run a 125 shot on street trim and its right at 480rwhp and 507rwtq. With the 150 shot, its 498rwhp and 540rwtq. I only run that 150 shot at the track. My tuner usually goes with me so he re-programs the ecm for whichever shot I am running. I wouuld leave the 150 in all the time but the amount of timing we have to pull with it makes the car feel like a dog off the bottle!

    Did you get dyno numbers without spray?

  14. #94
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    jacksonville, fl
    Posts
    67

    liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Did you get dyno numbers without spray?
    Motor is 358 and 360. Thats with the 125 shot tune on motor. Its still pretty strong but hopefully numbers improve significantly with cam swap and a dyno pull in a.m. when its a little cooler. That dyno run was about 4 p.m. here in florida so not exactly ideal temps or humidity!!

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxredg8 View Post
    Track yes. Numbers were quite embarassing though due to street tires and 540rwtq not getting along!! Dyno #'s are on a photobucket account that I cant access here at work but if you remind me, I will post later. I run a 125 shot on street trim and its right at 480rwhp and 507rwtq. With the 150 shot, its 498rwhp and 540rwtq. I only run that 150 shot at the track. My tuner usually goes with me so he re-programs the ecm for whichever shot I am running. I wouuld leave the 150 in all the time but the amount of timing we have to pull with it makes the car feel like a dog off the bottle!

    What did it run at the track? As long as the trap is good, you can estimate where it should run.

  16. #96
    The Bandit Wesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,033

    SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    You all talk about potential, well when people buy STIs most do it because they see potential. How many people make them into full on drag cars, not anywhere near as many who do road courses on the weekends or even in amateur levels. The STI has far more potential than a f-body on courses.
    More potential?? According to who??

    The STI is nothing more than a modfied Impreza family sedan. The chassis is the same basic structure and design, its just been stiffened and modified for better handling. F-body was designed as a performance car from the start, and with some handling upgrades, it can easily hang with an STI, which just happens to have a more handling oriented upgrades from the factory.

    And why do you keep comparing prices of two used cars to the price of a new STI. 9+6= 15k, you can get STIs for 15-18k. I got my legacy for 15 and its runs mid 13s, holds my daughter and enough gear for almost anything i do and goes through any weather. Not to mention 5 star saftey rating which is nice to know when you have a kid. I owned a 2001 GTP and that car doesnt even come close to the fun and daily driving abilitys of my legacy. Now i understnad the f-body is your fun car, but these people buying used STIs do it because they get both a fun car and a DD all in one.
    I've never seen an STI for sale for 15K, I don't know where you're getting that from. All the ones from dealers are close to 30K.

    Its your opinion that your GTP "doesn't come close to the fun and daily driving abilities" of your Legacy. You know what I like in daily driving?? Torque. And a Subaru Legacy is severely lacking in that department. And you know what the best part is?? My 3.8 Liter Supercharged GTP still gets better fuel economy than your 2.5L 4 cylinder.

    STI's are not good DD's. My friend who has an STi also has another car for that reason. The STi is terrible in the snow, only manages to get 17MPG average, and its extremely tiring to drive on the highway, since the engine is screaming even in 6th gear and the chassis likes to bob up and down at higher speeds. Plus each expansion joint you hit feels like a kick in the pants.

    Im not telling you all to go out and get 4 bangers, i know most people here are straight line racers and the reason for that is the f-body is a straight line car, yes you can add suspension and braking parts to make it do those things better but if you were to do the same mods to a STI it would still be much better.
    Basically you are telling us that. Why would the STI be "much better" if you upgraded it as opposed to an F-body?? Now you are just pulling things out of your ass. While both platforms are capable, the F-body is a true performance car, and STI is nothing more than a modded Impreza family car.

    You don't even make any sense. So you admit that you can upgrade the brakes and suspension to meet or exceed an STi, but then you say thats pointless because you can mod an STi and that would be better?? WTF??

    Bottom line is I can make my car handle just as well and stop faster than an STI, while going faster in a straight line in a car that looks and sounds better, all for less money overall. You obviously can't seem to grasp that concept and never will.

    If your into drag racing then a f-body is obviously the better choice, but if your not which alot of people arent then the STI is the better choice and who are you people to tell them they are wrong for thinking its a better can than your f-body. It is better for what they want to use it for.
    Nobody is going onto their forum and telling them they are wrong. This is where you seem to be confused. YOU are coming onto this forum and telling US we are "wrong" because we don't all want to buy stupid 4 cylinder Subarus. You need to get a grip and stop preaching.

  17. #97
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    38

    Black
    2005 STi 320whp/352wtq

    Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Basically you are telling us that. Why would the STI be "much better" if you upgraded it as opposed to an F-body?? Now you are just pulling things out of your ass. While both platforms are capable, the F-body is a true performance car, and STI is nothing more than a modded Impreza family car.
    From Motor Trend

    2000 TA
    0-60 in 5.0 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.5 seconds
    braking 60-0 121 ft
    slalom at 64.6 mph
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ws6/index.html

    2004 STi
    0-60 in 4.87 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds
    braking 60-0 111 ft
    slalom at 69.1 mph
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ecs_price.html

    I'm not trying to convince anyone that one car is better than another. But look at the numbers stock for stock then compare. And I know I'll get flamed to no end on this one by wesman, I don't care. I joined this forum to see how your community acts towards other people/cars and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.

  18. #98
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti View Post
    From Motor Trend

    2000 TA
    0-60 in 5.0 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.5 seconds
    braking 60-0 121 ft
    slalom at 64.6 mph
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ws6/index.html

    2004 STi
    0-60 in 4.87 seconds
    1/4 mile in 13.2 seconds
    braking 60-0 111 ft
    slalom at 69.1 mph
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ecs_price.html

    I'm not trying to convince anyone that one car is better than another. But look at the numbers stock for stock then compare. And I know I'll get flamed to no end on this one by wesman, I don't care. I joined this forum to see how your community acts towards other people/cars and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed.

    Were those tests done by the same driver, in the same conditions? I think not...

    Auto or 6 speed? There is a difference. And I don't really like to compare an '00 with an '04, but that's just me.

    Zinergy, do you mod your STi? I don't even know if you have one. But I got two cars as I have stated...not bragging or anything, it's not expensive at all owning a grand prix for a daily and an f-body for fun. But sometimes things break and big mods need to be done and having one car like an STi...well you are screwed. I can mod away with my fun car (f-body) and know I always have my grand prix to get me around, and anyone who owns a car, and actually do the work themselves, would know it's good to own a 2nd vehicle. And as I've stated before, it's much cheaper than owning an STi...


  19. #99
    Member El Toro Loco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Harlingen, tx
    Posts
    757

    pewter
    2001 Trans AM WS6

    nice kill. i always love puttin an ass whoopin on those guys who think there turbo cars can sweep the floor on any car they race. especially the ones who talk shit about our cars

  20. #100
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pa
    Posts
    38

    Black
    2005 STi 320whp/352wtq

    Quote Originally Posted by El Toro Loco View Post
    nice kill. i always love puttin an ass whoopin on those guys who think there turbo cars can sweep the floor on any car they race. especially the ones who talk shit about our cars
    as long as you realize that everyones different. There are a bunch of assholes with every kind of car be it japanese, german, american, etc

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My buddies STi vs Z06
    By blackbird0230 in forum Multimedia Section
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 10:16 PM
  2. My Buddies T/A
    By Z28boy2000 in forum Almost Anything Goes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 04:46 PM
  3. My buddies 71
    By hollywood2005 in forum Camaro / SS
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-12-2009, 12:21 AM
  4. *****Buddies car stolen*****
    By Phantompooper in forum Western Members
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 08:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •