Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I feel bad for my buddies 06 STI

This is a discussion on I feel bad for my buddies 06 STI within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Its hard to find a good set of all season tires in 19" though. Bigger selection in 18"....

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Its hard to find a good set of all season tires in 19" though. Bigger selection in 18".

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Quote Originally Posted by jaxredg8 View Post
    Its hard to find a good set of all season tires in 19" though. Bigger selection in 18".
    Yeah, but if i were to do it i would get the 19s with summers and then just buy some cheap 17s with blizzaks.

Oh and dont drive in cold weather with summer tires. Next time you come to ohio you might not be so lucky. If the temp is below 30degrees the compound the tire is made from might freeze and it will be like driving on ice with ice tires.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-17-2009 at 01:20 PM.

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Yeah, but if i were to do it i would get the 19s with summers and then just buy some cheap 17s with blizzaks.

Oh and dont drive in codl wether with summer tires. Next time you come to ohio you might not be so lucky. If the temp is below 30degrees the compound the tire is made from might freeze and it will be like driving on ice with ice tires.
    Like I said, I will never do that again!! LOL

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by jaxredg8 View Post
    Like I said, I will never do that again!! LOL
    Good idea lol, i have heard soo many bad stories about guys with STIs or spec bs who think hey i got AWD who cares if i have summer tires. And then end up rolling there cars. We should probably stop jacking this thread

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Good idea lol, i have heard soo many bad stories about guys with STIs or spec bs who think hey i got AWD who cares if i have summer tires. And then end up rolling there cars. We should probably stop jacking this thread
    Yeah I know. I mainly jacked it to keep it a little calm at first. Then it turned to just us talking. We can always start our own. Maybe I could start a new thread in the foreign/domestic thread.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

There is nothing to sink in, I have owned both a STI engine car AKA my legacy and a ls1 car and lt1 car. I know how to mod what kinds of mods and how they change the car on both vehicles. I know the ins and outs of both vehicles and both are great cars. If you cant see the good in some of the cars you put down on this forum which is everything mind you that isnt lsx powered then its you sir who needs something to sink in.
    Apparently you don't read my posts, I like just about any real performance engine, whether it be LSX, Modular, Hemi, Ecotec, Ferarri, Porsche, Lambo, ect. What I don't like are gutless jap engines with no torque that sound like crap and are poorly designed. Ever heard of the notorious Subaru 2.5 head gasket problems and leaking cam seals?? They all do, it, defective even brand new.

Im sure you will come back with something along the lines, everyone has there own opinion. This is true they do, and you make fun of people all the time for liking anything that isnt a v8, calling everyone with a 4cylinder a ricer even if it will outperform your own car.
    Considering I give props to the LNF Ecotec (260ft/lbs at 2,000RPM), your statement is not true. That kind of torque is impressive for a 4 cylinder, and it still gets 30MPG. Something no japanese "performance" 4 banger can touch.

But these are facts, fact STIs brake far better than a f-body
    Do they now??

I'll put a hurting on any STI that wants to enter into a braking competition:

CTS-V Calipers with 14" Z06 rotors. STi only has 12.6" rotors, small than a standard C5.

fact STIs can run mid 12s with bolt ons and tune
    As can any F-body. Except we don't need to overboost a non-forged motor to do so, unlike the STI.

fact they can outhandle your car on a track easily
    My entire suspension is upgraded for track duty. Even with the LS1's stock power advantage, STI would be finishing behind.

fact STIs can drive through almost any weather
    No, you can't. You aren't going through anything worse than light rain with the summer tires and low ride height. They are useless in winter.

fact STIs have alot more room.
    Thats why I have a Grand Prix for a DD.

These are not opinions these are facts. Will a stock ls1 car beat a stock sti in a straight line with equal drivers YES. But does a STI outperform a f-body in almost every other aspect of racing and daily driving? YES.
    Once again, incorrect. My car outperforms an STi in braking, handling, power, fuel economy, looks, sound, and reliability. And it costs less than half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    Once again, incorrect. My car outperforms an STi in braking, handling, power, fuel economy, looks, sound, and reliability. And it costs less than half the price.
    You've got to be the most biased individual ever. Sure you did all that work to your F-body to make it on par with an STI, but you're F-body isn't ever going to have the agility and finesse of handling of what a modded STI can do.

I'd like to see someone do this in an F-body:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/K...TWO_685769.htm

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post
    You've got to be the most biased individual ever. Sure you did all that work to your F-body to make it on par with an STI, but you're F-body isn't ever going to have the agility and finesse of handling of what a modded STI can do.

"Agility and finesse"?? So now that you're run out of things to claim are better, you're resorted to two completely subjective aspects that really don't even matter in the overall performance of the car??

Another person who just doesn't get it and never will.

silver
    2002 ws6

Obviously its not going to sink in with you. I give up.
    you're basically trying to talk about vagina to a gay guy. you might as well quit.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    you're basically trying to talk about vagina to a gay guy. you might as well quit.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 SGM
    Lid, Pro 5.0, WS6 Short Stick, LS7 Clutch, TB Bypass, Detroit TrueTrac, Poly Mounts, Bilstein Shocks, LS6 Intake, SFCs, CTS-V Brake Upgrade, STB, Nitto 555's. SS Longtube Headers and True Duals w/ H pipe and Magnaflows. Tuned by Harris Speed Works. 341.4WHP/346.1 lb/ft.

"Agility and finesse"?? So now that you're run out of things to claim are better, you're resorted to two completely subjective aspects that really don't even matter in the overall performance of the car??

What I was saying is you spent all that money upgrading your F-body's chassis and suspension components to get it on par with a stock chassis STI. I owned a Camaro Z28 with a whole assortment of suspension parts that were dialed in and the car handled decent, but it had nowhere near the potential of a 4WD STI that was modded similarly in the suspension department. The F-body does not have the cornering, exit, or entry speeds that you can get from an STI. The F-body was designed for the drag strip. I probably don't have to explain to you the background heritage of these "4WD Gutless 4 Bangers", but it's not going down the drag strip. You can pretend all you want that your F-body is better at handling. Truth be told, if you wanted and LSX platform that could handle, you should have gone with a Corvette.

You're so wrapped up and clouded by your bias, using it as your shield and cover, that I fear you are the one who doesn't get it and never will.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Its only sad because they truely believe they know what makes a good car. Only a v8 does to them, i love v8s i have owned more v8s than any other engine but that doesnt mean there isnt room in my life for all designs. Right now i have a inline 4 cylinder bike, a boxer 4 cylinder turbo surbaru and a inline 6 cylinder turbo supra. They are all great engine and each has some cool features that guys like wesman and bighammer will never appreciate because they cant open there eyes and see these good designs because they are missing a couple cylinders and a v shape.
    exactly, i prefer a v8 too but I have learned to respect the potential that 4cyl's have, they are not to be taken lightly, being conscious of their potential will avoid getting yourself embarrassed.

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    exactly, i prefer a v8 too but I have learned to respect the potential that 4cyl's have, they are not to be taken lightly, being conscious of their potential will avoid getting yourself embarrassed.
    we're all aware of the potential they have. however some of us dont like engines that make no power at all unless they're screaming wide open, and running enough boost to split the atom, and the false sense of vast superiority that most ricers seem to get from them.

liquid red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

This thread goes from bad to worse then gets good again. Why cant everyone agree that everyone has there own favorite. Anything from food to cars and everything in between. I respect any car that is set-up for an individual purpose. I also realize that my car is set-up for holy shit straight line. It doesnt handle bad in the corners but anyone that knows anything about nitrous knows it is not "road-course friendly!!" So I guess I know my role!! LOL

Arctic White, red/gray

The very fact that you claim a f-body stock will beat a STI stock around a track just goes to show you have no idea what you are talking about. Im not going to argue with you on this matter anymore as there is no cure for foolishness.

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    we're all aware of the potential they have. however some of us dont like engines that make no power at all unless they're screaming wide open, and running enough boost to split the atom, and the false sense of vast superiority that most ricers seem to get from them.
    Im not saying you need to like them, but show some respect for once. There are 2.3 liters running 6s and 7s and streetable ones running 9s far faster than any car either of you will probably ever own. Once again they werent even designed for the straightline goal but they still do it well if setup correctly.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-18-2009 at 07:56 AM.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

The very fact that you claim a f-body stock will beat a STI stock around a track just goes to show you have no idea what you are talking about. Im not going to argue with you on this matter anymore as there is no cure for foolishness.
    Where did I say a stock F-body will beat a stock STi around a track?? Never did, maybe you should read the thread before posting.

Im not saying you need to like them, but show some respect for once. There are 2.3 liters running 6s and 7s and streetable ones running 9s far faster than any car either of you will probably ever own. Once again they werent even designed for the straightline goal but they still do it well if setup correctly.
    Why does he need to show respect?? You act like its some kind of requirement. He doesn't like riced up 4 bangers and neither do I, therefore no respect from me, period. As I mentioned before, building up a smaller engine to try and go fast is worthless when you can do the same thing with a larger, stronger, better designed, more capable engine, and go even faster and be more reliable in the process.

Arctic White, red/gray

Where did I say a stock F-body will beat a stock STi around a track?? Never did, maybe you should read the thread before posting.

Why does he need to show respect?? You act like its some kind of requirement. He doesn't like riced up 4 bangers and neither do I, therefore no respect from me, period. As I mentioned before, building up a smaller engine to try and go fast is worthless when you can do the same thing with a larger, stronger, better designed, more capable engine, and go even faster and be more reliable in the process.

Stop quoting me a mind like yours isnt worth the time. Im not a tudor and im tired of trying to teach someone who doesnt wanna learn, aka doesnt think he needs to learn. Multiple people have agreed with me and bighammer and you are then only two who cant see the pros of that car. Like i said i find it hard to believe anything you say when half the stuff you say is obviously wrong. So just stop, i was where you are at 3 years ago thinking the lsx cars were the best in every way. I have since learned alot.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 06-18-2009 at 09:18 AM.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

Well this all comes down to opinions. Especially when the ricers are ass holes and think they can take on the world. Like my buddy in his STI will start laughin at me when i tell him my mods planned for this summer, then ill laugh right back and tell him to take off his turbo that he has to have to keep up. He is so 4 cylinder biased and has every come through as of why a 4 cylinder is better that a v-8. In his mind, there is no advantages of a N/A v-8 over a turboed 4 cylinder with less power. this is how bad he is, i asked him if he would rather have a new GTR or a ZR1 and he said GTR. I know its a six cylinder twin turbo but still ZR1 has about every advantage on it besides AWD.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Superluminal View Post

First off not many people have a 500+hp STI, 2nd off, even less people could ever drive the car like seen in the video. So that was pretty pointless. There's probably only a handful of people that could drive a awd 4 banger like that.

I'll just have to agree with wesman once again since we have similar situations. If I want a roomy interior I drive my grand prix as well. Not only does an STi look like shit, it sounds like shit and the only thing it may have on an f-body stock is it's handling. Honestly, who cares. Most roads are in a straight line and no one needs a car on the highway that is good at handling, so what's the damn point unless you are doing auto-x. Even then the f-body can be made to do that and with far less money.

My f-body 9,000
    My grand prix 6,000

Far less than an STi, and I bought these cars for that price, several years ago.

Not only does the f-body sound better, it looks better, it's cheaper, and best of all, it's AMERICAN...(built in Canda )

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information