Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I dont consider it a kill, but funny.

This is a discussion on I dont consider it a kill, but funny. within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by wooddaniel Everytime I see a DSM it it is either not running, or not running right. I ...

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by wooddaniel View Post
    Everytime I see a DSM it it is either not running, or not running right. I can see the appeal of them though. I have seen quite a few fast ones.
    yeah--- good ole Donkey Shit Motors. those things are junk. they can be made fast and "cheap", but how cheap is it really when you have to replace the entire drivetrain every year?

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    yeah--- good ole Donkey Shit Motors. those things are junk. they can be made fast and "cheap", but how cheap is it really when you have to replace the entire drivetrain every year?
    I had an 87 Supra that was kind of the same way. I replaced the head gasket twice in six months. Fun car, but not worth the trouble

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I had an 87 Supra that was kind of the same way. I replaced the head gasket twice in six months. Fun car, but not worth the trouble
    My 87 went through quite a few changes, got it with 280whp, made some changes got 330whp, made some more got 355whp then just built it and made 517whp. Then sold it to a friend who blew it up lol.

DSM are horribly unreliable but on the days they do run right you feel unstoppable lol.

Now in Summit LT1 Flavor! Y2KArcticSS's Avatar

Summit White
    2016 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    My 87 went through quite a few changes, got it with 280whp, made some changes got 330whp, made some more got 355whp then just built it and made 517whp. Then sold it to a friend who blew it up lol.

DSM are horribly unreliable but on the days they do run right you feel unstoppable lol.
    My 88 Turbo is sitting in my yard with no engine and no targa...I need to scrap it really...but it was so much fun to drive when it ran...I was so stupid with that car, several times I came home and opened the hood to see my turbo glowing in the dark....so stupid...

Here it is in the background....so stupid...

BTW, to the OP, good ricer ego kill
    Last edited by Y2KArcticSS; 08-18-2009 at 08:30 AM.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    My 88 Turbo is sitting in my yard with no engine and no targa...I need to scrap it really...but it was so much fun to drive when it ran...I was so stupid with that car, several times I came home and opened the hood to see my turbo glowing in the dark....so stupid...

Here it is in the background....so stupid...
    Click for full size

BTW, to the OP, good ricer ego kill
    You should put an LS1 in it! I wish I still had mine sometimes. And I had it when I was 18-19 so I can relate to the stupid part. I did so many donuts in that car. When I got rid of it I bought a 97 Z-28 so it wasn't all that much of a loss but I still miss it sometimes

Arctic White, red/gray

I had my supra and my 2000 T/A at the same time. The T/A was just soo much less of a headache I hardly drove the supra after that. My friends still has the shell aswell and just asked me the other day how much i think a ls1 swap would cost. The car still has eibach suspension with a lifetime warrenty, a modded rear end i took out of a friends 89 supra, bigger brake kit, and the 5 speed is still in it slightly modified by jasper racing. Engine was toast, turbo kit was sold along with injectors and rails. The car went a 11.2 on the final setup on the first run but with no safety gear other than my bike helmet i couldnt run anymore.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

I had my supra and my 2000 T/A at the same time. The T/A was just soo much less of a headache I hardly drove the supra after that. My friends still has the shell aswell and just asked me the other day how much i think a ls1 swap would cost. The car still has eibach suspension with a lifetime warrenty, a modded rear end i took out of a friends 89 supra, bigger brake kit, and the 5 speed is still in it slightly modified by jasper racing. Engine was toast, turbo kit was sold along with injectors and rails. The car went a 11.2 on the final setup on the first run but with no safety gear other than my bike helmet i couldnt run anymore.
    If I could go back I would have kept mine. I only got 1000$ for it when I sold it because it didnt run. Well it kinda did, but it was spitting coolant out the tailpipe.

Arctic White, red/gray

If I could go back I would have kept mine. I only got 1000$ for it when I sold it because it didnt run. Well it kinda did, but it was spitting coolant out the tailpipe.
    Lol, i sold it to a friend for 6500 with 517whp, i paid 3k for it and dumped probably 10k into it. Then he put a hole in piston 3 and 5 and took a nice chunk out of the cylinder wall thanks to neglect. I told him this is not a car you get to just drive around and never data log or maintain. It had some internal upgrades but it wasnt a full forged set as i bought the T/A and started putting money into mods for that. I should have just picked 1 car to mod then i would have either a really bad ass T/A or a really bad ass supra lol.

Ignition Orange/Black
    2008 G8 GT, 98 Z28 383

Lol, i sold it to a friend for 6500 with 517whp, i paid 3k for it and dumped probably 10k into it. Then he put a hole in piston 3 and 5 and took a nice chunk out of the cylinder wall thanks to neglect. I told him this is not a car you get to just drive around and never data log or maintain. It had some internal upgrades but it wasnt a full forged set as i bought the T/A and started putting money into mods for that. I should have just picked 1 car to mod then i would have either a really bad ass T/A or a really bad ass supra lol.
    Yeah true enough. That's why I got rid of my GTO. I never had the time or $$ to fix the WS6 anymore

red
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

lol funny nice kill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information