Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

i beat a motorcycle

This is a discussion on i beat a motorcycle within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; i cant hold traction in 2nd at 40 with a 5k drop..lol ..jealousy will get u nowhere!!!! just saying its ...

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

i cant hold traction in 2nd at 40 with a 5k drop..lol ..jealousy will get u nowhere!!!! just saying its dangerous to your tranny shifting into 1st gear at 40mph ......tryin to help ya out

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    i cant hold traction in 2nd at 40 with a 5k drop..lol ..jealousy will get u nowhere!!!! just saying its dangerous to your tranny shifting into 1st gear at 40mph ......tryin to help ya out
    I didn't ask for your help.

help this out buddy

LUOS knows everything, everybody knows that:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Wow. 40MPH in 1st gear with an M6 and 3.42's is nothing. It is about 4800 RPM's.
    I mean...my 4.11'd car will go 47MPH in first.

Stock 3.42's with an M6...
    6200 RPM's in 1st gear = 52MPH
    6200 RPM's in 2nd gear = 78MPH
    6200 RPM's in 3rd gear = 106MPH
    6200 RPM's in 4th gear = 138MPH

You have to be able to judge when you can safely downshift though.
    I downshift to 1st at 40 or less and 2nd anywhere between 40 and 65... That's how I roll son and I've been whoopin ass since day one.

As long as you know what you're doing, IT CAN BE DONE. Nuff said!

pewter

1st gear can be taken up to about 40mph actually like 42mph or so. I wouldn't down shift to 1st going anything above 35. 2nd I think goes up to like 70-75mph, I never down shift into 2nd if I'm going faster than 60mph(I used to only go to 2nd if I was going like 55 but it is about how much control you've got) The closer to the shift limit the faster you've got to shift. A guy on here told me I could down shift to 2nd going 65 but that's too close to redline for me. I'd say if you're wanting to down shift to the lowest gear while doing 65-75 I'd do 3rd. Above that I don't know

haha thats YOU in that same post saying to downshift into 1st anything under 35!!!! and u can only take 1st up to 42? what gears u running 4.56's? your contradicting yourself and giving me a link to the post where u did it...perfect ..my redline being 6800 1st is even higher though ....i just find it unessesary to downshift into 1st gear at such speeds........

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

that was when I was still scared of my car like you are now...

pussy footing around is for pussies, remember that.

What I just posted was for the way I drive now with my stock 3.42s

haha thats YOU in that same post saying to downshift into 1st anything under 35!!!! and u can only take 1st up to 42? what gears u running 4.56's? your contradicting yourself and giving me a link to the post where u did it...perfect ..my redline being 6800 1st is even higher though ....i just find it unessesary to downshift into 1st gear at such speeds........
    I'm glad to see you have no life and have time to pick apart every thread down to each and every post, but 6800 redline will not help someone who doesn't know how to use it. and what downshifts I make, make you no difference,,, so ...

and by the way in the post you just made, you should also pick apart how I said, "I think," several times. I've decided you're an ass hole and you're annoying... pick apart this post.

I'm done argueing over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    You hit 1st at 40?
    Thats a crazy/Ballzy down shift!
    Sleeper101,,, Yes, that's a crazy/Ballzy down shift... but practice makes perfect. If you can do it, you can do it, know what I mean? But driving like that I don't really have time to watch the speedo I mainly watch the tach... if anyone on here wants to be a smart ass... I said I don't really have time to watch the speedo means, "Watching my tach is more important than watching the speedo."

to test what I'm saying, if your car is a 6spd then put it in 1st on a straight away with no traffic. from idle speed whatever it is just slowly push the gas more and more taking note of the rpms and the speed your going. taking it up to 4-6 grand will feel funny but it'll help you get more of a feel for the car. You'll see that at about 4800 rpms 1st will have you at 40mph. You'll have a little over 1000rpms before you must shift. Until you're really used to doing it and shifting quickly let off the gas all the way between shifts.

take care and good luck.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

Sleeper101,,, Yes, that's a crazy/Ballzy down shift... but practice makes perfect. If you can do it, you can do it, know what I mean? But driving like that I don't really have time to watch the speedo I mainly watch the tach... if anyone on here wants to be a smart ass... I said I don't really have time to watch the speedo means, "Watching my tach is more important than watching the speedo."

to test what I'm saying, if your car is a 6spd then put it in 1st on a straight away with no traffic. from idle speed whatever it is just slowly push the gas more and more taking note of the rpms and the speed your going. taking it up to 4-6 grand will feel funny but it'll help you get more of a feel for the car. You'll see that at about 4800 rpms 1st will have you at 40mph. You'll have a little over 1000rpms before you must shift. Until you're really used to doing it and shifting quickly let off the gas all the way between shifts.

take care and good luck.
    Its cool man I believe you! My trans am is an A4 so I don't know the shift points of the 6 speed thats why I was asking! It sounded high but legit!

But doesn't that hurt you sometimes more than it helps as for racing? I mean if your down shifting to your max RPM and then up to the next gear it seems you would loose time and tQ?

But I also know your Ls1 has more Top end RPM pull than my Lt1.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Quote Originally Posted by Ieatstangs View Post
    Wat do u expect how much does the average crusier or crotch rocket weigh
    2006 GSXR 750 full tank of gas with me on it is 610 lbs I weigh 195 fully geared up. Weighed in at the San Antonio Raceway.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Quote Originally Posted by Firebirdjones View Post
    I have only beat a handfull of crotch rocket type of bikes in the chevelle,,,,but they are usually the smaller 6-700 cc bikes, the larger bikes are too much of a handfull so I quit trying those,,,lol.

It's funny though to watch them look over when the light turns green and see I'm still there, I'm sure it has to make them wonder
    Yea there are wondering what you are doing. I don't think they were aware that a race was going on . You were beside them until they decided to gently roll on the throttle...which at this point they are WARPING AWAY from you!!!

P.S. Even the 600cc bikes...which are high 10 sec. bikes.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Ya they are light and generally quick, and they are used to running around most anything, which is what makes it fun to shut one down.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    Its cool man I believe you! My trans am is an A4 so I don't know the shift points of the 6 speed thats why I was asking! It sounded high but legit!

But doesn't that hurt you sometimes more than it helps as for racing? I mean if your down shifting to your max RPM and then up to the next gear it seems you would loose time and tQ?

But I also know your Ls1 has more Top end RPM pull than my Lt1.
    Its a special kind of downshift man... its the kind when you've got time to spare hahaha... you don't want to do it on any curves or in a ton of traffic. Its the kind where you've got plenty of time to soak in the environment and play freely... enough of that...

here's an example, say you're out cruising at say 40 and something pulls up next to you and the lanes are decently wide(incase of some sideways action). They goose it a couple times to mess with you and you say, "hell naw this a mf'n Camaro SS and I would stomp your ass" or z-28 or what have you. and say if I was in 5th going 40 I'd rev match/shift into 2nd to make it a little easier then go into first. Now if you're going to jump on it a couple times make sure most importantly that you've got space then when you stomp the pedal keep your eyes on the tach and the road since that's all you'll have time to see. If you've got bald tires be even more careful.

It's fun to do every now and then. just make sure to stay out of the rev limiter.

Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    Yea there are wondering what you are doing. I don't think they were aware that a race was going on . You were beside them until they decided to gently roll on the throttle...which at this point they are WARPING AWAY from you!!!

P.S. Even the 600cc bikes...which are high 10 sec. bikes.
    Only if they can ride, and there aren't many that can. From a dig most will stand it up or bog,,,,,I mentioned in my previous post it would have to be atleast a 10 second bike,,,but most can't ride like that,,,,,and with my chevelle being a very low 11 second ride cutting 1.5 60 foot times, I can scare my fair share of bikes,,,,and most are cool about it and give a thumbs up. You're more than welcome to come on out for a ride if you think otherwise.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

Only if they can ride, and there aren't many that can. From a dig most will stand it up or bog,,,,,I mentioned in my previous post it would have to be atleast a 10 second bike,,,but most can't ride like that,,,,,and with my chevelle being a very low 11 second ride cutting 1.5 60 foot times, I can scare my fair share of bikes,,,,and most are cool about it and give a thumbs up. You're more than welcome to come on out for a ride if you think otherwise.
    The launch is my strong point. I can hookup just as good on the street as I can on the track. The trick is to keep the front tire about an 1" off the ground. That way ALL the weight is on the back tire. My bike is completely stock suspension wise.(Not lowered, stretched, or strapped) The set up I have for the track is the exact same on the street. I don't think you will be cutting anything CLOSE to a 1.5 60' on the street. You said it would take a 10 sec. bike.... That narrows it down to ALL CROTCH ROCKETS!!!(600's included) Even if they aren't the best rider your inability to keep traction on the streets evens the playing field.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

I would LOVE to rip your Chevelle a new one! I am a consistent 1.6-1.7 60'. I'd even give you 5 car lengths.

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Ill vouch that an R6 is fast as hell. The only time I beat my friend on his was the first night he had it. We were running on the highway, and he gave me two cars, and wasnt familiar wiht the bike yet. I put about 8 cars on him, and stayed that way till I shutdown at 120. Now, forget it. Last time we really went at it, it was from a 60 roll on 5 and 15. I pulled up next to him, and he waves the count, I drop to 4th, and mash it for all Ive got right up to 6g's, and all he did was downshift catch gear, and leave me like i wasnt movin. He said the fastest he's had that thing was 170. I'd believe it. However, he cant launch like i can, he has to get rolling first. I can tach up to 22-2400 and drop the hammer and be gone, and he'll catch me in about 2 seconds, but he is amazed at my launch vs him.
    FOR SALE 2000 Z28 M6
    It's pretty much Raw Awesome

pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 7camaro7 View Post
    Its a special kind of downshift man... its the kind when you've got time to spare hahaha... you don't want to do it on any curves or in a ton of traffic. Its the kind where you've got plenty of time to soak in the environment and play freely... enough of that...

here's an example, say you're out cruising at say 40 and something pulls up next to you and the lanes are decently wide(incase of some sideways action). They goose it a couple times to mess with you and you say, "hell naw this a mf'n Camaro SS and I would stomp your ass" or z-28 or what have you. and say if I was in 5th going 40 I'd rev match/shift into 2nd to make it a little easier then go into first. Now if you're going to jump on it a couple times make sure most importantly that you've got space then when you stomp the pedal keep your eyes on the tach and the road since that's all you'll have time to see. If you've got bald tires be even more careful.

It's fun to do every now and then. just make sure to stay out of the rev limiter.

"hell naw this a mf'n Camaro SS and I would stomp your ass"

this line explains everything, u win

Quote Originally Posted by woodymaro View Post
    I would LOVE to rip your Chevelle a new one! I am a consistent 1.6-1.7 60'. I'd even give you 5 car lengths.
    If you know how to ride then more power to ya. If your that confident, come on up. I don't care either way.
    Fact of the matter is, anything can happen on the street. And yes my chevelle can cut those 1.5 60 foot times on the street, and it carries the left front wheel doing it.
    Most of what I see at the track are young kids in their 20's with these bikes. Most don't have the experience and are down there screwing off. Out of a dozen street bikes I see, only 4-5 of them can ride,,,the rest suck for the first 3-400 feet,,,,,then they are able to squeek out a decent mph but the ET sucks. I find the same thing on the street,,,,only difference is,,,you don't have much more than 3-400 feet before the race is over, generally you're out of room to do much more. Those are the ones that I run off from when we play around, it's nothing unusual around here really, there are plenty of street cars around that are way faster than my junk and driven quite regularly.

If you read my post I only stated I have taken a few of them,,,but you do run accross an occasional person that can ride. I didn't say I am beating everything on 2 wheels. Some of you guys take this stuff to heart man,,,,it's nothing personal at all.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 02-20-2008 at 05:15 AM.

99 Hugger Z28, 03 R6

I've only raced a camaro once. I knew the guy and we launched around 45 mph, we both downshifted one too many...hit rev limiters, next gear and I was gone. He had an LT1 with a moderate cam and tune, nothing much.

Ive met a few riders around here that had ran several bike down the quarter. Stock 600's run around 13's. Launch and shift control learning curve just adds time. Just like your ls1's, a few bolt-ons and suspension setup can shave time.

R6 with stock gearing tops out around 155 on the gun. Speedo errors are worse at speed. Going 150 actual can read as much as 160. 170 is impossible with a stock r6.

This is the reason I caution new buyers about looking at 6-speed cars

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

This is the reason I caution new buyers about looking at 6-speed cars
    why?

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Exclamation

"hell naw this a mf'n Camaro SS and I would stomp your ass"

this line explains everything, u win
    why do people talk so tough on the internet? Why do 30 y/o cats think that 23y/o cats are jealous of them when the younger cats have the nicer car? How could I be jealous when you have less than 400rwhp and you probably spent $15,000 to get there when you only have less than 50 more rwhp than me? To me that's stupid. You need to get off the internet, grow some balls, and get a girlfriend... btw you got raped for $15,000 and I installed all my stuff my self! so grow up with your old ass! WTF is a 30y/o doing with so much time on the internet anyways

pewter

why do people talk so tough on the internet? Why do 30 y/o cats think that 23y/o cats are jealous of them when the younger cats have the nicer car? How could I be jealous when you have less than 400rwhp and you probably spent $15,000 to get there when you only have less than 50 more rwhp than me? To me that's stupid. You need to get off the internet, grow some balls, and get a girlfriend... btw you got raped for $15,000 and I installed all my stuff my self! so grow up with your old ass! WTF is a 30y/o doing with so much time on the internet anyways
    i bought her this way ...i let the rich old men take the big hit and 1 7/8ths long tubes are goin in sooon enough which im doing myself so u should know a lil somthing about somone before u speak..dont you think? those dyno numbers are also lpe's NON overinflated numbers like many other tuners with 0 miles on the car..previous owner had it shipped there right off the truck.....oh yeah and he spent just shy of 23k at lpe including the fikse wheels not 15k

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information