Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

How would a 3000 GT VR4 Twin Turbo do against a LT1 or LS1 F-body?

Hey guys theres a 3000GT VR4 Twin Turbo (AWD) around my parts that wants to race me in my 95 Trans Am or my friend in his 01 T/A WS6.

If either of us were to race the 3000Gt how would the outcome be?
    Has anyone here raced a 3000GT VR4 and would like to share their story?

Please post if you know, thx.

black
    2000 ss

depends if either of the vehicles have any mods done to them..a 1999 vr4 is rated at 320 hp and 315 ft tq(msnautos.com)which is pretty good i dont know how much it weighs but it does have awd which might help him out alot..

I believe its 95-97, not sure on exact year. All of our cars are stock, the WS6 is a M6 the 3000GT VR4 is either M5 or M6 n i have an A4 heh

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

awd and they're heavy....stock for stock you shouldn't have a prob. But boosted engines have good gains when modded...so be careful either way

My A4 LT-1 should be able to handle him from a 20-30 roll right? With my performance mode button thing on i shift into 2nd around 70 or so when it red lines then i hear my tires chirp heh

Also i know his car is stock because we've looked at the engine, exhaust and inside of the car last weekend.

twilbourn
    You shouldn't have a problem with the 3000GT if it isn't boosted. if you take him from a roll at 25-35 he will be getting close to redlining first gear so you will not have a problem at all from a roll. a stop on the other hand just hook up and pray he doesn't get too far out front. the VR-4's can be sick if driver knows what hes doing.

Quote Originally Posted by twilbourn
    You shouldn't have a problem with the 3000GT if it isn't boosted. if you take him from a roll at 25-35 he will be getting close to redlining first gear so you will not have a problem at all from a roll. a stop on the other hand just hook up and pray he doesn't get too far out front. the VR-4's can be sick if driver knows what hes doing.

The 3000GT im talkin about is twin turbo'd , I've already beat the N/A 3000GT's by numerous car lenghts with givin them a head start heh

I will try to set somethin up for this or next weekend to see wht will happen
    Last edited by White 95 T/A; 04-06-2006 at 07:10 AM.

twilbourn
    I was meaning boosted above the stock boost of what ever it is. 8-12 psi?? can anyone remeber what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by twilbourn
    I was meaning boosted above the stock boost of what ever it is. 8-12 psi?? can anyone remeber what it is?
    Oh lol, sorry for my misunderstanding your post

black
    2002 corvette coupe

if he's stock and he can drive, he will leave you on the launch and by about 80 or 90 you'll walk by him. If he has upped the boost to the safe 14.5 or 15 psi(safe on stock fuel system) and has no cats, then he will be at 300awhp instead of 240awhp. If he's done those things and his car is healthy you will be in for a fight. But stock, you will catch up and walk by.

I know bc I sold mine to get the vette.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
    if he's stock and he can drive, he will leave you on the launch and by about 80 or 90 you'll walk by him. If he has upped the boost to the safe 14.5 or 15 psi(safe on stock fuel system) and has no cats, then he will be at 300awhp instead of 240awhp. If he's done those things and his car is healthy you will be in for a fight. But stock, you will catch up and walk by.

Hard to argue with a man who had them both. Any car that came with a turbo or supercharger shouldn't be underestimated. I have heard the VR4 can be real wicked when money is thrown at it, plus AWD...

You know, ricers brag about their turbo performance, but some of the fastest turbo cars out there are GM products (Grand Nationals, the Turbo Trans Am, Syclones, Typhoons)

Quote Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE

Heh I think we might have somethin set-up for this saturday, hopefully this turns into :firedevil

My 95 LT-1 A4 T/A will go against his M6 98 3000GT VR4 heh

standin by for results

Hey guys i had another q before i race the guy.

My rear tires dont have as much rubber on em as my front tires do, and since this is my first rwd car i wanted to make sure that it was okay for me to rotate the front tires to the rear and the rear tires up front.

Would this cause any traction problems up front with turning or no?
    Last edited by White 95 T/A; 04-06-2006 at 11:37 AM.

lee1rbc
    Don't rotate you will prob get worse traction, plus You are already know the set up You have now.

Ok bud thanks for the reply . I guess ill just leave the tires alone for now and either upgrade to new wheels and tires in the summer or step-up to an LS-1 Trans Am IF i can find a decent one around me heh. I've only had my T/A for about 3 months or so, nothing wrong with it but if i can an LS-1 to trade it in for then i will probably do it .

Is that a good idea or should I jus keep my LT-1 T/A?

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Oh, you're an LT1? What mods? Stock for stock, an ls1 will take a vr4 or tt stealth. I actually started reading ls1 boards a long time ago, when I was considering one of those cars, at 3si.org some people said something about an ls1 being a better platform for speed.

Currently I am 100% Stock even have the 16" Swirly wheels
    Love my LT1 and pushin the lil performance mode button on my auto tranny is awesome, shifts around redline chirps tires goin into 2nd almost everytime lol

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I raced a 99, it's in the kills section. He'd upped his boost though. The one I raced with upped boost would've taken out a stock LT1, but with stock boost I don't know. They are rated at 13.9 in the 1/4 stock, so it could end up being one hell of a race. You should get ahold of a video camera for us. . .

+1 on it being a good race. I dont think an A4 LT1 can take it but the M6 LS1 surely can. The VR4's are 6speeds and AWD and weigh a ridiculous 3800lbs (give or take 50). Just make sure he's not modded! Full exhaust and a boost controller will add in the neighborhood of 50whp.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information