Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How do i beat a Terminator

This is a discussion on How do i beat a Terminator within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; they claim 530hp/475ftlb With the AFR heads, Fast intake, Cam 224/228 @ .050 .581 lift, LTH 1 3/4, 78mm ported ...

they claim 530hp/475ftlb With the AFR heads, Fast intake, Cam 224/228 @ .050 .581 lift, LTH 1 3/4, 78mm ported throttle body, and a cat back. and i may have to Nitrous it on top of that just because i always wanted to nitrous something.

I don't want to be the asshole that sticks the pin in your baloon but unless they are talking fly wheel hp you're not going to see those kinds of numbers. I've been through alot of different stages with my SS including cam only, H/C and now the 408.

With a Thunder Racing 230/236 .592/602 112 LSA cam the car put down 398/366 to the wheels. With a set of stage 2+ heads and a T-Rex cam the car put down 463/402 on a mustang dyno. Thats up there close to 500 rwhp on a dynojet with a really radical cam.

Radically done 408's put down the numbers that you've mentioned above. The cam you listed is a "baby cam". Not saying that small cams are bad..people have done incredible things with them,etc. Also remember that the more radical you go with setups, the more supporting mods you will have to do. I broke dual valve springs with that T Rex cam, so there are things you have to take into consideration when planning your setup.

As far as gearing is concerned...are you an auto or M6? If auto..3.73's or 3.90s. If your stick than 4.10s. You're gonna need some gearing to work with the H/C combo you go with so you can pull away from those Terminators. When I got that T Rex put in my bottom end power went to shit, even with 4.10s in there. I got walked all over by a 600 rwhp 04 Terminator. I now have 4.30's in there.

Basically this is what you need to do. Start posting on this board, and LS1tech; get to know the members, research the car, etc. Just because something has worked for one person doesn't mean it will be the same for someone else. Also, don't listen to the high HP claims that these companies claim. You need to take into account how many hours of dyno time/tuning that might have come into place. However, I will tell you that AFR does make some bad ass heads.

Two companies I would make sure to call is:

1) Thunder Racing...ask for Shane. He has a wealth of knowledge about how to set cars up. www.thunderracing.com

2) Texas Speed and Performance. Awesome company with some bad ass parts. I'm running their Texas Giant cam in my 408.
    www.texas-speed.com

I'm including a link to a video of mine that shows my car with the GTP heads/ T Rex cam. I don't do much of anything in the vid but you can tell by the cam how radical of a setup we're talking. If you have any questions or want some help, feel free to PM me.

http://www.reidonly.net/videos/cam02ss-exhaust-clip.wmv

Ive raced one terminator before and beat it twice. My mods are moddest and this race as from a roll. The only thing that I can say about the race is that maybe the driver was shifting low since both races were from a roll. Oh, he was a convertible too.
    99 T/A M6
    LS6 intake, Hooker Coated Long Tubes, Y-pipe w/1 carsound cat, Hooker Catback, MTi Clear Lid, FRA w/ Holley Power Shot, ASP crank pulley, 1.8 RRs, 3.73s w/TA girdle & Eaton Differential, Granatelli SFCs, Pro 5.0 Shifter, LS6 Clutch, Diablo, TByrnes Maf Ends (in winter), All the Free Mods

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Just to give you an Idea.

i have an 03 cobra with only used steeda cai, 2.76 pulley and tune and i ran 11.90. this was on huge 28" slicks with taking very easy off the line due to avoid rear end problems. Cobras are badass. I can't believe it is this easy to get in 11s. with the mods i have the car has 11.5s in it with hard launch.

here is the video. I missed a gear on one of the runs though.

http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u...lBryonRuns.flv

mid blue
    99 m6 z28

damn you doodad ur fast now!
    that track did look a little down hill, whats that all about?
    are you running the stock exhaust, I would go fo a cutout for the track at least to free up some top end.
    nice run!

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegrizzle View Post
    damn you doodad ur fast now!
    that track did look a little down hill, whats that all about?
    are you running the stock exhaust, I would go fo a cutout for the track at least to free up some top end.
    nice run!
    everyone says it looks like down hill and i talked the guy at tower and he said track is tested by lasers and 100% straight on 1/4 mile and at the end (after the 1/4 mile) it a little down hill and goes up. he said that they can't have down hill track, that would mess up everybodys time.

i was running the same times at US41 too and my times were the same.

thanks

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

I totally didnt read this message, I saw 2 girls in an avatar in a doggy position and then another girl butt further down.

Just thought you'd like to know =p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information