Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hertz Shelby

FAS02SS

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Hertz Shelby

A friend of mine rented a Hertz Shelby last weekend, we disabled the traction control and I drove it. Not very impressed, it was an AT and did not have near the torque as my 02 SS. As soon as I got back home from driving the Shelby I hopped in my car (M6) and took it for a drive, no way I'd trade my car for that OHC 4.6L crapper!! Maybe an 5 spd manual would have been more fun but no substitution for all that LS1 torque!!
    Last edited by KM02SS; 10-13-2006 at 08:53 AM.

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

torque is the kick right?

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

torque is a good thing

black
    2001 pontiac formula

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    torque is a good thing

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

it's just a gt with a intake...maybe a cheap catback

nightstalker50
    Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    it's just a gt with a intake...maybe a cheap catback
    cheap is right ..its a stock h pipe thats been cut above the H and a X section clamped in its place. it also has a 90mm cold air intake and a performace tune and low restrictin mufflers .........as far as the intake its just a stock gt intake..all this gets you an exta 25 hp and 10 lbs of tq

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

silly mustangs

Dreaming of an LS1 senior gomez's Avatar

Teal
    91 teg (stock,notmodding)

yeah they're all autos, i read the article in motor trend, for saftey reasons. not everybody can drive a manual...which is why they buy a mustang and not a real car.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by senior gomez View Post
    yeah they're all autos, i read the article in motor trend, for saftey reasons. not everybody can drive a manual...which is why they buy a mustang and not a real car.

2002 TA

I'm sorry I guess I was mistaken, I thought Mustangs were still in production and F-body's weren't?

Man, I was considering buying an LS1, but it seems everyone with an LS1 thinks they are THE sh*t and gives no respect to other people/cars. If having an LS1 turns you into this, I'll keep my Mustang and just put the money into it to run 12's
    Last edited by Pythias; 10-14-2006 at 01:05 PM.

Black
    1987 Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by Pythias View Post
    I'm sorry I guess I was mistaken, I thought Mustangs were still in production and F-body's weren't?

Man, I was considering buying an LS1, but it seems everyone with an LS1 thinks they are THE sh*t and gives no respect to other people/cars. If having an LS1 turns you into this, I'll keep my Mustang and just put the money into it to run 12's
    I'm a little disappointed as well. I was a member here years ago when I had my turbocharged 99GT and people were cool. I never had too much trouble because my car was running 10s and many guys here were not. It is true that mustangs are still in production and selling by the tons with no slowdown in sight. There is more to a car than just straightline speed, but somehow that's not accepted by many hard heads. Also running 12s with a new mustang is easy. I ran 10s with my 99 GT while still on the stock longblock, transmission and rear.

nightstalker50

i would not worry about it . i mean look who made the post a 17 year old.. still wet behind the ears........ young ,dumb and full of cum and drives rice

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Marc87GN View Post
    I'm a little disappointed as well. I was a member here years ago when I had my turbocharged 99GT and people were cool. I never had too much trouble because my car was running 10s and many guys here were not. It is true that mustangs are still in production and selling by the tons with no slowdown in sight. There is more to a car than just straightline speed, but somehow that's not accepted by many hard heads. Also running 12s with a new mustang is easy. I ran 10s with my 99 GT while still on the stock longblock, transmission and rear.
    Thank you. I feel exactly the same way. I love Mustangs, but that doesn't mean I believe they are the best, and rule the streets or some Sh*t like most of the people on here think about their LS1's, which as I said, are no longer in production, shit, even the Corral is more open-minded then this place. And like I said, if thats what owning an LS1 does to you, I don't want any part of it, take night-stalker for instance, I see how he decided to skip over the rest of my post and just single in on one part, ignorance.

-
    Last edited by Pythias; 10-15-2006 at 04:28 PM.

Thank you. I feel exactly the same way. I love Mustangs, but that doesn't mean I believe they are the best, and rule the streets or some Sh*t like most of the people on here think about their LS1's, which as I said, are no longer in production, shit, even the Corral is more open-minded then this place. And like I said, if thats what owning an LS1 does to you, I don't want any part of it, take night-stalker for instance, I see how he decided to skip over the rest of my post and just single in on one part, ignorance.

As for Night_Stalker, Mustangs are considered rice here? Or is that just in your little fantasy world? F*cking idiot.
    some one is a little bitter

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by noxiousz28 View Post
    some one is a little bitter
    Lol over what? The close-mindedness of most of the people on this site? Maybe I'm wrong though and it isn't most LS1 owners, maybe these are just a select few, I don't know, but I give respect where it is due. And whether I win or loose in a race I am never bitter about it, like oh that chevy piece or somethin, I respect almost all car and makes, except for the occasional guy in a stock honda civic, or like the other day I saw, Toyota Echo with a fart can that think they're somethin.

I just thought it would be cool to have T-tops and an LS1, but either way it doesn't matter, for the difference in money I would spend on an LS1 I could be hanging with them if not beating them.

nightstalker50

As for Night_Stalker, Mustangs are considered rice here? Or is that just in your little fantasy world? F*cking idiot.
    are you talking about please show me where i said mustangs are rice lol and i am the fucking idiot

2002 TA

....I drive a 95 Mustang Gt, you said I drive rice, so yes you there did in fact call it rice....

nightstalker50
    ....I drive a 95 Mustang Gt, you said I drive rice, so yes you there did in fact call it rice....
    that was not directed towards you ......it was for senior gomez about his comment of a mustang not being a real car.. like he would know what a real car is ....being that he drives rice

2002 TA

Quote Originally Posted by nightstalker50 View Post
    that was not directed towards you ......it was for senior gomez about his comment of a mustang not being a real car.. like he would know what a real car is ....being that he drives rice
    Then I apologize for misunderstanding.

nightstalker50
    Then I apologize for misunderstanding.

Thread Information