Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Have not had an ls1 wanting to race.

This is a discussion on Have not had an ls1 wanting to race. within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Street Lethal I'm losing much respect for you... Again with the "2006 F-Body" attack (after already acknowledging ...

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    I'm losing much respect for you...

Again with the "2006 F-Body" attack (after already acknowledging that you re-inspected my post). Must I point out that I was being theoretical with that comment? The Camaro has only gotten faster since the advent of fuel injection, and GM halted it's production in 2002 because of it's baby, the Corvette. Had the Camaro been built in 2006, it would have had to of been a twelve second car from the factory (being the 02' was practically 13 seconds flat)....

Is that so hard to digest?

Man I wasnt aiming that as a cheapshot at you at all, I was merely rationalizing to that guy that the thread as a whole had taken a completely different direction in reference to the original post (guy asking to race an LS1)Relax, I dont take cheapshots, I say things up front

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Who said anything about a DSM? A GSX for that matter.
    What world do you live in? Wasn't it you who said in reference to the mysterious and elusive 96', and more common 06', EVO; "It's still a 4G63 with about the same power but less weight"....

Okay, since we're talking 4G63, kindly tell me what kind of engine the GSX came with, and maybe then you'll figure out it's relevance...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    I believe a 1996 EVO is more powerful than the 1996 DSMs.
    That was my whole point. Let me quote Jay again, and try to understand what he's saying (because I honestly can't); "Would it have been better to compare the 2002 LS1 to the 1996 EVO or whatever year? It's still a 4G63 with about the same power but less weight"...

He claims that the 4G63, from the year 96' up until 06', has virtually the same power, but less weight. Again, careful inspection of my reponse to him, will point out that the 06' version is much more powerful, hence the reasoning behind me embellishing on how my buddy's GSX ran high 14's stock, with the 06' EVO running low 13....

What world do you live in? Wasn't it you who said in reference to the mysterious and elusive 96', and more common 06', EVO; "It's still a 4G63 with about the same power but less weight"....

Okay, since we're talking 4G63, kindly tell me what kind of engine the GSX came with, and maybe then you'll figure out it's relevance...

When he said about the same power but less weight, dont quote me but I think he meant the 1996 EVO, because it has 276hp. The DSMs were very low in power compared to any of the EVOs

2009 Corvette ZO6

When he said about the same power but less weight, dont quote me but I think he meant the 1996 EVO, because it has 276hp. The DSMs were very low in power compared to any of the EVOs
    Their engine's were virtually identical, save for the EVO's slightly higher compression ration, and more boost. It's just like saying that had Mitsubishi continued building the GSX, the 2006 model (again, theoretical), would be much more faster than it's 96' model (making for a much better comparo)....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
    Why compare the Skyline GTR to the C6 Z06. That's a huge comparison. I want to learn about this new skyline. Anyone got a link or some specs?
    I was like this once upon a time, I was so hung up on factory comparison's. I got back from the track about two hours ago (was a spectator tonight), and a 1987 Grand National (running street legal 9's) literally raped anything and everything that lined up next to it (including a new, well driven, ZO6). In the end anything can be made fast, either from the factory, or in one's own freaking garage...

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

and a 1987 Grand National (running street legal 9's) literally raped anything and everything that lined up next to it (including a new, well driven, ZO6).
    Lol! Yeah, I find nerdy little things funny.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

I got next to a TA yesterday mourning on my way to work. We were alone on a big street and it was still kind of dark outside. I reved my engine once and paced at his speed next to him for a couple seconds. But he never showed a sign of wanting to go. So i just drive a little faster and left him alone. Some day maybe.

380awhp/tq
    EVO 8

Quote Originally Posted by LS1King
    You have not raced any muscle cars on the road because, like you said you drive an Evo. Yeah you have handling but when it comes to pure power and speed don't messwith what you can't handle. I have killed many Evos in my ride and i would not mind taking one more out for this proud country. LOL!
    You are hilarious, I've owned two LS1's. They are cheap to afford. The EVO is in it's place because it could do everything but better.

baconmach
    hey man i just read this...lol i completly agree with you......and i have the same problems with ls1's not racing too.......they all talk a load of shit but dont do anything.......i have had one ls1 race.....lol he must have been a previous mustang owner because he wasnt a prick like some others.........

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

maybe, they take one look at you and go, WHO CARES.

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

No replacement for displacement.

Click for full size

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by mrr23
    maybe, they take one look at you and go, WHO CARES.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Or maybe they hear the TME turbo spool up and say, No thanks.LOL Or perhaps the sound of choppy, lopey idle from the cams flowing thru the catless exhaust.

black
    2002 firehawk

evo?????????

WHAT THE HELL IS A evo!

black
    2002 corvette coupe

My man, that was priceless!!! Whats an Evo? It's an AWD turbo'd n intercooled 4cyl 4dr japanese (Mitsu) and comes with 300 some odd horses. They are great cars, not my style, I like 2dr sports cars, but they are deserving some respect.

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    Most of the time when im cruising and some evo or bullfrog starts to harass me i just ignore em and figure that anyone so annoying and anxious to race is either slow as hell or not worth the gas. On the other hand if theyre cool about it and dont have an attitude like a sober alcoholic on steroids ill always show em the ropes. only been beat once by an evo that was apparently stock with the exception of a massive turbo. I bet he is sitting somewhere right now with a blown motor.

Amen!

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

wesTXwitesnake05 I see you are from midland. Have you seen my good ol buddy Robert Kollar and his blue truck?? Hes just the man with the loudest car stereo in the world living in midland.

White with silver stripes
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i think i know who your talkin about what kind of truck is it? i bought a toyota tacoma from 87 auto sales back in january and there was a guy named Robert up there. he didnt work there but his buddy did and he just came up there to test drive everything. but yeah we got to talkin about systems and he and a friend built a truck that held some national reccord. i belive it was a silverado. but who knows there are alot of loud ass cars/trucks in midland
    00' ws6, custom paint, bolt on's and bolt in's.. http://www.fquick.com/garages/viewvehicle.php?id=11454

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

What are you talking about? I was responding to the guy above me who didnt make any sense.

The thread starter was looking for an LSx to race since he couldnt find any locally, since then the thread has gone way off topic in 10 different directions ranging from comparing Mustang GT500 to Corvettes to EVOs to 2006 Fbodies which dont exist.
    The quote really didn't have anything to do with what the guy said, just the fact that you are doing most of the defense for evo's on an LS1 board.

I would guess that most LS1 types grew up around drag strips and slobbering big blocks, and only had POS 4-cylinder's for a "do I really have to" daily driver, or for their wife. It is hard for us to comprehend why the hell anyone would want a grocery-gettin' four-banger instead of a real muscle machine for their pride and joy. Chics dig Harley's and race cars, not little bitch cars that sound like a vacuum cleaner they might have to use everyday. Oh, but its got 380 awhp! OK, so it's a little bitch car with a big ass turbo. Whoopee!

It might me fast, and this and that, but imports are like pink shirts, a real man wouldn't be caught dead in it!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread Information