Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Have not had an ls1 wanting to race.

This is a discussion on Have not had an ls1 wanting to race. within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by Street Lethal These comparison's bother me though, as you're embellishing on a brand new EVO... against an ...

380awhp/tq
    EVO 8

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    These comparison's bother me though, as you're embellishing on a brand new EVO... against an F-Body that seized in 2002. Do you really think that if General Motors didn't give the F-Body the axe, it's 04/05 model wouldn't be running 12's out of the box? Of course it would.
    Would it have been better to compare the 2002 LS1 to the 1996 EVO or whatever year? It's still a 4G63 with about the same power but less weight. I'm not going to speculate on what if's, let's stick to reality.

380awhp/tq
    EVO 8

Quote Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
    The new camaro concept is awesome. Damn, and to think if they redo the Trans-Am, jeez, I can't wait. Imports are gonna need some awd systems of legend with turbo's flowing more air than the jet stream.:firedevil
    To answere the jet stream question....... Nissan Skyline or possible new Supra!

I own my EVO out right. I am currently waiting in comparison between the C6 Z06, Mustang GT500, Supra (if it ever comes out), Nissan Skyline and the Camaro concept before I make a decision to buy anything yet. Patiently waiting....

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

just curious why are you waiting to compare a mustang gt500 to a C6 ZO6. there isn't a comparison. ZO6....

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02
    just curious why are you waiting to compare a mustang gt500 to a C6 ZO6. there isn't a comparison. ZO6....
    Yeah I was thinking that too. As for a new supra, I dont see it coming. I think the best Import vs. Domestic competition would be the new GTR (Skyline) vs the C6 Z06. Those will be the 2 cars to have IMO.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    LS7 vs factory EVO? I thought you said we were being realistic. The extremely rare 7.0L 427 engine (found in a $70k car) for comparison?
    "Extremely rare"????

Careful re-inspection of my post above, and you'll soon realize that I was comparing drivetrains, not actual cars. Also, last time I checked, crate LS7's do not cost seventy grand...

LS2 would be a much better example...
    Why? Because it would be more fair?

...and if I remember correctly, arent they putting the LS2 in the new Camaro?
    Now that would be speculation... as a lot can happen in a few short years (in reference to GM decision making).

Also, dont expect to see my blue EVO at Etown anytime soon, if I go anywhere it will most likely be Atco. $13!
    Well, if you're going to complain about a lousy thirty five dollars, then maybe street racing really is for you after all....

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Would it have been better to compare the 2002 LS1 to the 1996 EVO or whatever year? It's still a 4G63 with about the same power but less weight. I'm not going to speculate on what if's, let's stick to reality.
    Heh, is there some coherent point hidden somewhere in this mess? Same power huh? Hmm, that's strange, as before the upgraded turbo, and 3" Pacesetter exhaust, my buddy's stock GSX ran high 14's. Yet, the 2006 EVO runs low 13's. Umm, yeah <cough cough>, uhh, right <cough cough> same power...

"Extremely rare"????

Careful re-inspection of my post above, and you'll soon realize that I was comparing drivetrains, not actual cars. Also, last time I checked, crate LS7's do not cost seventy grand...
    I didnt notice you said drivetrain, I read too fast. No they dont cost 70k but they do cost 14k and I doubt many people have that kinda cash to drop on a motor.

Why? Because it would be more fair?
    More like it would be more sensible. The F-bodies had the LS1, so did the Vette, so if we were comparing a 2006 Fbody versus a 2006 EVO it would only make sense it had the LS2, the same motor as the 2006 Vette.

Now that would be speculation... as a lot can happen in a few short years (in reference to GM decision making).
    Well yeah everything is speculation on a car that is not finalized or near production.

Well, if you're going to complain about a lousy thirty five dollars, then maybe street racing really is for you after all....
    $35 and gas to get there is too much. Atco is the same distance and $13. I just dont like wasting money to get the same outcome (in this case some runs). Also, this year Im pretty strapped, senior in college and my job closed down in January so cash is tight as of now.

Heh, is there some coherent point hidden somewhere in this mess? Same power huh? Hmm, that's strange, as before the upgraded turbo, and 3" Pacesetter exhaust, my buddy's stock GSX ran high 14's. Yet, the 2006 EVO runs low 13's. Umm, yeah <cough cough>, uhh, right <cough cough> same power...
    I believe a 1996 EVO is more powerful than the 1996 DSMs.

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

Why compare the Skyline GTR to the C6 Z06. That's a huge comparison. I want to learn about this new skyline. Anyone got a link or some specs?

Thanks,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Arnold
    Why compare the Skyline GTR to the C6 Z06. That's a huge comparison.
    Thanks,

Chris
    Well yeah that was the point.

Its actually going to be Infiniti GTR instead of Nissan Skyline. Suppose to have a twin-turbocharged, 3.7-liter V6 (450hp) AWD and a 7-speed sequential gearbox. If you do a search on google youll find some good stuff.

The VCBoiz

Pewter SS

Quote Originally Posted by TACE02
    Werd!

It's a sad time now. Mustangs are now being compared to Vettes on all these forums. C'Mon now.

380awhp/tq
    EVO 8

This is what I'm talking about...... You guys don't have any respect for fast cars. Now it's, why would you compare a mustang to a vette. A fast car is a fast car period. Respect it!

I am keeping an open mind before I purchase anything. A C6 Z06 might be fast but I'm sure theres more nicer body kit or more modified parts for the mustang GT500. The dealer up the street from me have a couple of 06 Mustang GT's that are so nice with different body kits, superchargers, wheels that it's too hard to make a final decision. That's the reason why I won't buy anything else until I drive them all first.

380awhp/tq
    EVO 8

Who said anything about a DSM? A GSX for that matter.

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

You have not raced any muscle cars on the road because, like you said you drive an Evo. Yeah you have handling but when it comes to pure power and speed don't messwith what you can't handle. I have killed many Evos in my ride and i would not mind taking one more out for this proud country. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by LS1King
    You have not raced any muscle cars on the road because, like you said you drive an Evo. Yeah you have handling but when it comes to pure power and speed don't messwith what you can't handle. I have killed many Evos in my ride and i would not mind taking one more out for this proud country. LOL!

He hasnt raced any muscle cars because he drives an EVO?

Ive killed tons of LSx's in my ride but I do it for me, not the country my car is from.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

He hasnt raced any muscle cars because he drives an EVO?

Ive killed tons of LSx's in my ride but I do it for me, not the country my car is from.
    You didn't start this thread, but you are doing a damn good job fending off these LSX'ers in support of the EVO crowd. You might as well go get a damn LSX and come over to the winning team. Those EVO guys ain't got your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    You didn't start this thread, but you are doing a damn good job fending off these LSX'ers in support of the EVO crowd. You might as well go get a damn LSX and come over to the winning team. Those EVO guys ain't got your back.
    What are you talking about? I was responding to the guy above me who didnt make any sense.

The thread starter was looking for an LSx to race since he couldnt find any locally, since then the thread has gone way off topic in 10 different directions ranging from comparing Mustang GT500 to Corvettes to EVOs to 2006 Fbodies which dont exist.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

I'll probably go tommorow to the dentondragway. Hopefully there will be some good action and not too cold of weather. I like best of both worlds. Handling and power in a straight line.

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

slow down with the personal attacks. it's been pretty civil otherwise. keep comparing cars, not people.

2009 Corvette ZO6

...since then the thread has gone way off topic in 10 different directions ranging from comparing Mustang GT500 to Corvettes to EVOs to 2006 Fbodies which dont exist.
    I'm losing much respect for you...

Again with the "2006 F-Body" attack (after already acknowledging that you re-inspected my post). Must I point out that I was being theoretical with that comment? The Camaro has only gotten faster since the advent of fuel injection, and GM halted it's production in 2002 because of it's baby, the Corvette. Had the Camaro been built in 2006, it would have had to of been a twelve second car from the factory (being the 02' was practically 13 seconds flat)....

Is that so hard to digest?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread Information