Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Have not had an ls1 wanting to race.

This is a discussion on Have not had an ls1 wanting to race. within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; first off you tool bag who said we were running 13's, you dont have a clue in hell whats done ...

BURGANDY
    2000 Z/28

first off you tool bag who said we were running 13's, you dont have a clue in hell whats done to my car. second off i dont keep up with his jap trap junk and it is a galant....my bad. Third of all it would be worth wasting a tank of gas to come imbarrass you in front of all your little charlie lovin' buddies. What do you think????

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfokker
    hey Roastem... are you from Durham???
    I grew up in Robeson Co. and got a degree from UNCP, then ended up with a job here in RTP. Why, are you from here and have two hot ass sisters?

Just kidding, don't take me seriously man, I am a jackass.

BURGANDY
    2000 Z/28

At any givin night at the track we laugh at morons like you!! In fact, this weekend I will post some videos from the local track! That will be the end all to this stupid discussion that I really cant belive I took the time to respond to.

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

first off you tool bag who said we were running 13's, you dont have a clue in hell whats done to my car. second off i dont keep up with his jap trap junk and it is a galant....my bad. Third of all it would be worth wasting a tank of gas to come imbarrass you in front of all your little charlie lovin' buddies. What do you think????

BURGANDY
    2000 Z/28

no roastem... I was askin because I live in g-boro, I was wondering if you guys went to Piedmont at all??

Tool bag Good one.

Let me refresh what you said: "and he's 3 tenths slower than my stock ls1 every pass we've made at the track."

Then you say:

"you dont have a clue in hell whats done to my car."

Well...hmm you just said "Your STOCK LS1" Wouldnt you think its fair to say 99% of "stock" LS1s are 13 second cars. So if youre buddy is running 3 tenths slower than a STOCK LS1, hes in the 13s. Unless of course your stock LS1 is running 12.6s and he is running 12.9s

Come embarass me? Thats a good joke. I dont talk shit much mostly in part because I dont have to. I do have close friends with LS1s, namely 2 who are heavily modded and they are not ignorant like yourself. If you think youre going to come to me with bolts on and win, youre sadly mistaken.

Youd be wasting MY GAS

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

no roastem... I was askin because I live in g-boro, I was wondering if you guys went to Piedmont at all??
    Haven't been there yet, from websearch it looks like an 1/8th mile track. Is it the one in Julian, NC? I would like to get some 1/4 mile times, and if I want my best time I will need some slicks. Gotta set I can borrow from ya! 5 bucks per pass!!

At any givin night at the track we laugh at morons like you!! In fact, this weekend I will post some videos from the local track! That will be the end all to this stupid discussion that I really cant belive I took the time to respond to.

I have a guy who just PM'd me on ehre from NJ who wants to race, unfortuneately he only has headers, exhaust, intake and some MAF. I raced another member on here but he only had intake, catback, PP3 and was an auto. I slaughered the one and I will do the same to the next, however they are both very cool guys who are open minded and not an ignorant redneck. You sound like one bigtime.

What are you going to prove with a track video? Showing your friends 15 year old Galant running 13s? LOL

NBM
    '00 Z28

Sounds to me like people are getting a little too defensive on the vulnerablities of their "untouchable - unbeatible" cars.

LS1's CAN BE BEATEN. Grow up.

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

and EVOs

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Unless you have a car that does 350 mph through the quarter, you will most definitely be outrun by something.
    Last edited by Roastem; 03-21-2006 at 12:42 PM.

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Yeah. Everyone thinks their newest ride is hot shit. My first car was a handed down '91 subaru station wagon at 16. Then at 18, I got a 96 nissan maxima. Almost 200 hp, 15 second 1/4 mile @ 9x mph, thought it was a beast. I loved that thing. But I realized many cars were actually much faster, I only blew away the ricey high school hand me down family cars everybody had. So then, I wanted an AWD 3si, vr4 or tt steath. 13's and getting almost 300hp to the wheels blew my mind. The modded DSMs were next, but fixated on an ls1 when I realized they'd be about as fast, and would come with a warranty. Never saved up the money. I bought a used zx-6r when I gave up, my first bike. Ran low-mid 11's @ 120mph. Now I was convinced I was the fastest thing on the road. I could smoke almost any car on the road. But I ran into an r1 that handed my ass to me and knocked me off my pedestal. I'm now on a i/e/s zx-10r, and still in love with it. High 9's at 150mph. I'm know I'm still not the fastest thing around. I've seen vids of much faster cars and bikes, even ran into a couple who said they were. So I don't talk shit about anybody's car or ride.

380awhp/tq
    EVO 8

No one is talking shit except Crazyboy. He obviousely is in his own world. I don't mag race, I play them like it is. Your not the only one that owns an LS1. Some of us are here because we've owned an LS1 at some point or another. I'm done here, can't teach an incompitant child.
    To other LS1 owners, this is not to disrespect anyone. LS1's are awesome but so are EVO's. I respect any car that's fast, even them fast civics.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    The 2006 EVO on the other hand is a different beast. It is a true 12 second car out of the box.
    These comparison's bother me though, as you're embellishing on a brand new EVO... against an F-Body that seized in 2002. Do you really think that if General Motors didn't give the F-Body the axe, it's 04/05 model wouldn't be running 12's out of the box? Of course it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Lethal
    These comparison's bother me though, as you're embellishing on a brand new EVO... against an F-Body that seized in 2002. Do you really think that if General Motors didn't give the F-Body the axe, it's 04/05 model wouldn't be running 12's out of the box? Of course it would.
    Yeah but reality is, it did get the axe and we will never know what a 2006 F-body would do

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Yeah but reality is, it did get the axe and we will never know what a 2006 F-body would do
    Yes, but since we're being realistic, let's delve into 2006 drivetrains then. The 06' General Motors F-Body is not here to back itself up against the 06' EVO, but it's engine family is. The factory LS7 against any factory EVO...

As far as never knowing what a 2006 F-Body would do, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what it would have done, and eventually will do, in 2008...

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    By the way, we've still yet to see a Blue EVO gracing us with it's presence at the track... maybe next time, eh?

black
    2002 corvette coupe

Yes, but since we're being realistic, let's delve into 2006 drivetrains then. The 06' General Motors F-Body is not here to back itself up against the 06' EVO, but it's engine family is. The factory LS7 against any factory EVO...

As far as never knowing what a 2006 F-Body would do, I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what it would have done, and eventually will do, in 2008...

The new camaro concept is awesome. Damn, and to think if they redo the Trans-Am, jeez, I can't wait. Imports are gonna need some awd systems of legend with turbo's flowing more air than the jet stream.:firedevil

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Vette4LIFE
    Imports are gonna need some awd systems of legend with turbo's flowing more air than the jet stream.
    What bother's me most about the Tuner crowd, is that the majority of them really don't know Hot Rod history. Car's like the ole "Hairy Oldsmobile", an AWD twin engine monster, that blasted down the quarter mile in nine seconds, along with so many various supercharged, and turbo'ed applications throughout the 60's and 70s, it's really like saying on our part; "been there, done that"...

LS7 vs factory EVO? I thought you said we were being realistic. The extremely rare 7.0L 427 engine (found in a $70k car) for comparison? LS2 would be a much better example and if I remember correctly, arent they putting the LS2 in the new Camaro? I think it will be easy to do a real-time comparison once the EVO X is out and the 07 or 08 (unsure of prod. year) Camaro is as well. I think thats the best way, but again, as of now, its speculation.

Also, dont expect to see my blue EVO at Etown anytime soon, if I go anywhere it will most likely be Atco. $13!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information