Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Have not had an ls1 wanting to race.

This is a discussion on Have not had an ls1 wanting to race. within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Isn't subaru 's wrx partly made by gm. Won't the sti kick the shit out of your's?...

black
    01 camaro ss

Isn't subaru 's wrx partly made by gm. Won't the sti kick the shit out of your's?

Quote Originally Posted by fspeedster
    Isn't subaru 's wrx partly made by gm. Won't the sti kick the shit out of your's?
    GM owns 20% of Fuji Heavy Industriesand they own a part of Subaru.

STi kick the shit out of my car? Thats a good one. Funny, 06 EVOs are actually dynoing more to the wheels than 06 STis. The 05 EVOs and STi all dynoed similar numbers and ran similar times, yet of course Subie claimed 24more hp to the crank.

Although, I think the STi migggght be able to take me out in the comfort category Thats it though.

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

Talk about me giving me a thick headed response? Listen to yours, all you pretty much do on this forum is take up for your car! Stop trying to put your car in the same class as ours. But it drives in the snow!! Who gives a shit if I wanted a vehicle to drive in the snow I'd buy a truck. I guess you like talking shit to all the f body owners, why else would you like to start a post like this? You know damn good and well you are just going to get flamed. Fact is, you spend the same amount on our cars, and yours will lose. I didn't see you denying that. As for the girls, if you dont think that they like f bodys than thats because you dont know any body with one. If you cant find an f body wanting to race you then maybe its because you dont present yourself correctly. I dont think our cars are the best ever, the fact that you spend so much time on it makes me think you want one, I sure the hell didnt say they were the best thing ever. As for handling, what you think all that a ws6 is good for is straight line performance then you are sadly mistaken. But I'm sure that this response will sound thick headed to you just like everbodys response that doesn't match yours. Go back to your tuner buddys and fart cannons ricer!

Quote Originally Posted by speedaddict
    all you pretty much do on this forum is take up for your car! Stop trying to put your car in the same class as ours.
    If you go back to ANY of my posts, none of them had any intentions of bashing anyone, in fact, I only chose to say something when I got moronic responses like yours. Same class? Theyre nowhere near the same class in any terms. V8 Coupe RWD and a I-4T AWD Sedan. Thats what I was trying to convey! Obviously the RWD V8 is ideal for drag racing. No one argued that point EVER. However, it is ideal for everything else, absolutely not. All I said was what American car does what the EVO/STi do for 30k? None! Does that mean its the best car in the world, no but for someone looking for a BALANCE of handling, braking, practicality, acceleration its the best choice. That is all I was saying. Different strokes for different folks. Why cant you act like a mature adult and respect other peoples opinions. The bigotry on this board is out of control at times.

Your the one saying "EVOS SUCKS LS1S RULE". I havent said any childish immature remarks, you have. Id say at your age that qualifies as thick-headed.

But it drives in the snow!! Who gives a shit if I wanted a vehicle to drive in the snow I'd buy a truck.
    Who gives a shit? Umm perhaps people who dont want to pay for 2 vehicles and 2 insurance payments. The point I was making was its practical. It has four doors and can drive in all weather conditions. That is a major issue for a lot of NE guys (and some MW).

I guess you like talking shit to all the f body owners, why else would you like to start a post like this? You know damn good and well you are just going to get flamed.
    I didnt start this thread, EVO8DRIVER did...

Fact is, you spend the same amount on our cars, and yours will lose. I didn't see you denying that. As for the girls, if you dont think that they like f bodys than thats because you dont know any body with one. If you cant find an f body wanting to race you then maybe its because you dont present yourself correctly.
    Your right, I didnt deny it soo why are we talking about this again? I guess you like being repetitive? However as I said before, when youre takling about 2-3k spent, the differences in straight line are quite negligible, especially when considering the 06 EVOs (which have run 11s on exhaust intake tune).

I dont think our cars are the best ever, the fact that you spend so much time on it makes me think you want one, I sure the hell didnt say they were the best thing ever.
    From the tone of your posts you sure act like it. Im not the one putting my car on a pedestal, I was merely pointing out some facts of why I have an EVO and not an LS1. The reason is NOT BECUASE THE EVO IS FASTER.

As for handling, what you think all that a ws6 is good for is straight line performance then you are sadly mistaken. But I'm sure that this response will sound thick headed to you just like everbodys response that doesn't match yours.
    I said satirically "youe gonna tell me the WS6 handles better than my EVO"... I didnt say "thats all its good for." That response is not thick-headed but why dont back that claim up and explain why? Im waiting for it.

Go back to your tuner buddys and fart cannons ricer!
    Ah, you just had to add in the childish and doltish remark to reiterate your lack of maturity. Im keeping this in mind when I respond back to you, kind of like when I talk to a 10 year old. Grow up, seriously. Try to act at least half your age.
    Last edited by EE1983; 03-31-2006 at 10:32 AM.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

This would make for a Good Pink's episode!!!

Just joking guys!
    Both Cars are great, its all in what you want to drive..

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by newguy WS6
    This would make for a Good Pink's episode!!!

Just joking guys!
    Both Cars are great, its all in what you want to drive..

Steve
    Thats all I was trying to say.

Im up for pinks

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Thats all I was trying to say.

Im up for pinks
    WHOAH!!!! EASY THERE PAUL WALKER

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Talk about me giving me a thick headed response? Listen to yours, all you pretty much do on this forum is take up for your car! Stop trying to put your car in the same class as ours. But it drives in the snow!! Who gives a shit if I wanted a vehicle to drive in the snow I'd buy a truck. I guess you like talking shit to all the f body owners, why else would you like to start a post like this? You know damn good and well you are just going to get flamed. Fact is, you spend the same amount on our cars, and yours will lose. I didn't see you denying that. As for the girls, if you dont think that they like f bodys than thats because you dont know any body with one. If you cant find an f body wanting to race you then maybe its because you dont present yourself correctly. I dont think our cars are the best ever, the fact that you spend so much time on it makes me think you want one, I sure the hell didnt say they were the best thing ever. As for handling, what you think all that a ws6 is good for is straight line performance then you are sadly mistaken. But I'm sure that this response will sound thick headed to you just like everbodys response that doesn't match yours. Go back to your tuner buddys and fart cannons ricer!
    UR AWESOME HAHAHAHA THIS IS THE KIND OF MORE F BODY OWNERS WE NEED

Quote Originally Posted by MIDNITELT1Z
    UR AWESOME HAHAHAHA THIS IS THE KIND OF MORE F BODY OWNERS WE NEED
    Good english. Yeah you need more immature and narrow-minded people on here.

Riiiight, good joke

Getting back on topic, did anyone want to talk about something of relevance or just keep acting like juveniles? Ill assume the latter.

Drive it like u stole it! newguy WS6's Avatar

Black
    06' GTO

Sorry to get in the Middle of this.. Damn, that Paul Walker comment was funny as hell... Good One!

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

If you go back to ANY of my posts, none of them had any intentions of bashing anyone, in fact, I only chose to say something when I got moronic responses like yours. Same class? Theyre nowhere near the same class in any terms. V8 Coupe RWD and a I-4T AWD Sedan. Thats what I was trying to convey! Obviously the RWD V8 is ideal for drag racing. No one argued that point EVER. However, it is ideal for everything else, absolutely not. All I said was what American car does what the EVO/STi do for 30k? None! Does that mean its the best car in the world, no but for someone looking for a BALANCE of handling, braking, practicality, acceleration its the best choice. That is all I was saying. Different strokes for different folks. Why cant you act like a mature adult and respect other peoples opinions. The bigotry on this board is out of control at times.

Your the one saying "EVOS SUCKS LS1S RULE". I havent said any childish immature remarks, you have. Id say at your age that qualifies as thick-headed.

Who gives a shit? Umm perhaps people who dont want to pay for 2 vehicles and 2 insurance payments. The point I was making was its practical. It has four doors and can drive in all weather conditions. That is a major issue for a lot of NE guys (and some MW).

I didnt start this thread, EVO8DRIVER did...

Your right, I didnt deny it soo why are we talking about this again? I guess you like being repetitive? However as I said before, when youre takling about 2-3k spent, the differences in straight line are quite negligible, especially when considering the 06 EVOs (which have run 11s on exhaust intake tune).

From the tone of your posts you sure act like it. Im not the one putting my car on a pedestal, I was merely pointing out some facts of why I have an EVO and not an LS1. The reason is NOT BECUASE THE EVO IS FASTER.

I said satirically "youe gonna tell me the WS6 handles better than my EVO"... I didnt say "thats all its good for." That response is not thick-headed but why dont back that claim up and explain why? Im waiting for it.

Ah, you just had to add in the childish and doltish remark to reiterate your lack of maturity. Im keeping this in mind when I respond back to you, kind of like when I talk to a 10 year old. Grow up, seriously. Try to act at least half your age.

I didn't say 2 to 3k spent, I said $8, and you dont drive an 06 so why bring that up? You keep talking about how immature all my responses are, yet you always have something to say. With a good tune, exhaust, and intake, I'm pretty sure a ws6 can get into 11's with a good driver. As for the age insults, people who accuse someone else of something usually have some issues with their own underlying faults. And stock for stock the evo is not faster. From what I see on stock results on the net they are all pretty much the same with the ws6 trapping higher. I guess if we went past a quater mile, it seems you would get stomped, assuming we aren't racing in the snow that is.
    Last edited by speedaddict; 03-31-2006 at 02:22 PM.

I didn't say 2 to 3k spent, I said $8, and you dont drive an 06 so why bring that up?
    Yeah and I didnt doubt that if 8k was spent the Fbody would be faster. How many people spend 8k on performace mods, 5% if that??? A lot of people have basic mods if any at all. Most Fbodies I see are stock, and not that theres something wrong with that, but most people arent running head/cam setups. As for my car (2005) is almost as easy to mod, some guys without cams have hit 12.0 but never 11s yet. 350whp on a 2005 EVO takes under 2k in mods. Last time I checked it would take at least headders, catback, intake and some other little things to hit 350whp on an Fbody, which would end up being about the same dollar amount.

You keep talking about how immature all my responses are, yet you always have something to say.
    Yes I do have something to say, and it has been civil and mature for the most part, unlike you. Why cant you just talk like an adult?

With a good tune, exhaust, and intake, I'm pretty sure a ws6 can get into 11's with a good driver.
    Please show me that one.

As for the age insults, people who accuse someone else of something usually have some issues with their own underlying faults.
    Yeaaa thats nice rhetoric, but youre going to have to come up with something better than that. Im half your age exactly btw and I do have my own personal faults, however one of them is not immaturity.

And stock for stock the evo is not faster. From what I see on stock results on the net they are all pretty much the same with the ws6 trapping higher. I guess if we went past a quater mile, it seems you would get stomped, assuming we aren't racing in the snow that is.
    Yes. youre correct, they are very similar in 1/4 times, with the Fbodies trapping higher, this again is common knowledge. Did I say they were actually faster stock? No. Stock for stock an EVO would lose to an LS1 from a roll-on race, too bad roll racing isnt available at any tracks. Snow has nothing to do with other than the fact that'd youd be parked somewhere if it started to snow out and I could stil drive home, that is a big factor for me since I commute to school 80 miles away and snowstorms happen here in the NE. Like I said previously, different strokes for differnt folks

black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I have been talking like an adult, sure I've made a few idiot remarks, seems like in every post your trying to point out how immature I am, you are the one that started with the immaturity flaming. And it dosent take 2k to get an ls1 to 350. As for faults, I guess one of yours is reading seeing that I'm youre age, and not twice as old as you.

I have been talking like an adult, sure I've made a few idiot remarks, seems like in every post your trying to point out how immature I am, you are the one that started with the immaturity flaming. And it dosent take 2k to get an ls1 to 350. As for faults, I guess one of yours is reading seeing that I'm youre age, and not twice as old as you.

My apologies for mistaking your age. Nonetheless, if you are around 22-23, mine as well try to act like it. Every post, I do say something because every reponse youve given me has been childish. Stop giving me a reason to.

Please break down the mods and costs to get to 350whp on an LS1. I was under the impression from checiking out the "Dyno" section of the forums most cars that had 340-360whp had a catback, headers, lid and some other stuff. I grabbed 2 quick ones that were close to 350 from the section and they had more than just intake, full exhaust. Both are M6s and have the LS6 intake (01s+?)

346whp 01 Z28 (LTs, ORY, Lid, FTRA, 160* stat, P/P TB, Hooker cat back, TSP dyno tune)

340rwhp 00 Z28 (Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Granatelli Lid, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS,SLP Loudmouth, 3.73 gears, SLP Short Shifter)[/B]

351whp Z06 cam, Throttle Body Coolant Bypass, Thunder Racing Catback, Lid, SLP Pulley, tuned by Race Prep w/ HP Tuners

I was under the impression headers, can range really from 400-800, catbacks 400-800, intakes 200, TB 300-350, yada yada. I didnt make the number $2k seem like a benchmark but its around $1300-2000 depending on brand name you go with wouldnt you agree? Did I just grab abnormal numbers, lemme know.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem
    Chics dig Harley's and race cars, not little bitch cars that sound like a vacuum cleaner they might have to use everyday. Oh, but its got 380 awhp! OK, so it's a little bitch car with a big ass turbo. Whoopee!

It might me fast, and this and that, but imports are like pink shirts, a real man wouldn't be caught dead in it!
    I have to agree here. E-town was packed again for the second night in a row (we've had awesome weather here lately), and whenever we run heads-up against the Imports, I'm laughing my @ss off the entire night. Don't get me wrong, their times are quite impressive... it's just, it feels like Chinese New Year with all of that "popping" as they make their way down the strip. Just can't seem to get used to that, nor do I honestly really want to.

BlkBird01NHRA
    My apologies for mistaking your age. Nonetheless, if you are around 22-23, mine as well try to act like it. Every post, I do say something because every reponse youve given me has been childish. Stop giving me a reason to.

Please break down the mods and costs to get to 350whp on an LS1. I was under the impression from checiking out the "Dyno" section of the forums most cars that had 340-360whp had a catback, headers, lid and some other stuff. I grabbed 2 quick ones that were close to 350 from the section and they had more than just intake, full exhaust. Both are M6s and have the LS6 intake (01s+?)

346whp 01 Z28 (LTs, ORY, Lid, FTRA, 160* stat, P/P TB, Hooker cat back, TSP dyno tune)

340rwhp 00 Z28 (Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Granatelli Lid, !AIR, !EGR, !CAGS,SLP Loudmouth, 3.73 gears, SLP Short Shifter)[/B]

351whp Z06 cam, Throttle Body Coolant Bypass, Thunder Racing Catback, Lid, SLP Pulley, tuned by Race Prep w/ HP Tuners

I was under the impression headers, can range really from 400-800, catbacks 400-800, intakes 200, TB 300-350, yada yada. I didnt make the number $2k seem like a benchmark but its around $1300-2000 depending on brand name you go with wouldnt you agree? Did I just grab abnormal numbers, lemme know.
    You are sadly mistaken. My 01 dyno'd 346 to the wheels with a slp lid, cutout,ory,and pullies. What your not telling but your links did is that these monster 350hp evo's are running 100+octain and have the boost raised to 22-24.5. You can try to play the cool, calm, collected type here but you are in a LS1 site defending and praising vehicles other than your own. What are your stats??? Dyno numbers and time slips????.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkBird01NHRA
    You are sadly mistaken. My 01 dyno'd 346 to the wheels with a slp lid, cutout,ory,and pullies. What your not telling but your links did is that these monster 350hp evo's are running 100+octain and have the boost raised to 22-24.5. You can try to play the cool, calm, collected type here but you are in a LS1 site defending and praising vehicles other than your own. What are your stats??? Dyno numbers and time slips????.

Umm what are you talking about? Monsters? One car OUT OF THE 5 I listed there was running 100 octane/24psi and it was STATED there. All others were at 20.5 or 22psi max and all were on 93 octane. (22psi is standard boost to run on a modded stock turbo'd EVO on 93)

I picked out some LS1s right out of the DynoSection and I said, maybe these are low, I dont know what the average dyno is for those mods. It seems you made some great numbers with little mod, congratulations. However from what ive seen it takes headers, catback, and some other little things.

Im not praising any vehicles here, I like how that keeps being brought up however the only thing Ive done is try to bring up relevant facts pertaining to the responses on here. You doubted the 50hp thing and I merely replied with threads to a couple new EVOs that were tuned with those mods.

BlkBird01NHRA
    Request #2
    Please post your mods and dyno #'s and time slips(assuming you have them).

*EDIT*
    BTW alot of the dyno #'s you see listed there depend on the tune. The HP programmer isn't the greatest thing to use imho. Best go-fast 'mod' I got was LS1 edit. ALOT of power can be found with editing the timing and A/F.
    Last edited by BlkBird01NHRA; 04-01-2006 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkBird01NHRA
    Request #2
    Please post your mods and dyno #'s and time slips(assuming you have them).

*EDIT*
    BTW alot of the dyno #'s you see listed there depend on the tune. The HP programmer isn't the greatest thing to use imho. Best go-fast 'mod' I got was LS1 edit. ALOT of power can be found with editing the timing and A/F.

I dont know what it matters wht my mods and track times are but I have yet to visit the track, Ive been planning on it but Im a procrastinator. I dyno'd a couple months ago on 22-23psi and made 378/386. I plan to go back in June and install an alcohol kit so I can hit 400/400+

Mods:
    Intake, 02 Turboback exhaust, tubular exhaust mani, FMIC w/piping, cams, mbc set to 22psi, fuel pump, custom 93 tune (reflash).

Still on stock clutch with 44k miles, however, Im gonna need a new one once the alcohol goes on.

Thanks for clarifying with the tunes. Ive always heard of LS1 Edits, PP3s, and others but I was a little hazy on the differences between them.
    Last edited by EE1983; 04-01-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread Information