Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

Have not had an ls1 wanting to race.

This thread is not to make enemies with you guys. I drive my evo everyday on the road and come across a couple of ls1 cars like camaros and maybe a couple gtos and some vettes. Nobody has challenged me ever. I've tried to challenge some myself but no luck. I hear the ls1 is a highway monster and i would like to see how bad one would beat me from a roll. Even mustangs dont wanna play. I've been wanting to go to the dentondragway but that track has been closed for some time now. I'll just have to wait till the track opens i guess. I raced my boss one time. He has a c5 vette. He beat me from a roll but it was my 3rd day with the evo and my first manual car. I sucked at shifting thru gears. Oh well.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Well, I've raced 3 Evo 8's and beat 2/3. The only one I didn't beat and pretty much felt like I was standing still and the guy was cool as hell so I had a goodtime even tho I lost so pathetically. If I was closer to you, I'd have no problem taking you up on a nice 1/4mile hike.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28 M6

Most of the time when im cruising and some evo or bullfrog starts to harass me i just ignore em and figure that anyone so annoying and anxious to race is either slow as hell or not worth the gas. On the other hand if theyre cool about it and dont have an attitude like a sober alcoholic on steroids ill always show em the ropes. only been beat once by an evo that was apparently stock with the exception of a massive turbo. I bet he is sitting somewhere right now with a blown motor.

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

Nobody ever wants to play with me either. I'll get the occasional ricer but I usually don't waste my time.

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

I had a real good chance today against a 03 camaro ss today. Or at least it looked like an 02-03. He even slowed down so we can take off evenly. Too bad my wife and daughter were with me.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by EVO8 driver
    I had a real good chance today against a 03 camaro ss today. Or at least it looked like an 02-03. He even slowed down so we can take off evenly. Too bad my wife and daughter were with me.
    Camaro day's ended in the year of '02...

Black
    03 Evolution 345 awhp

So what is the faster car in order from camaro, transam, 04gto, 05gto, C5 vette, C5z06, C6 vette, and C6z06??

BLACK
    2000 Camaro SS

So what is the faster car in order from camaro, transam, 04gto, 05gto, C5 vette, C5z06, C6 vette, and C6z06??
    C6 Z06 (by far)

C5 Z06 (solid 2nd)

C6

C5 / 05 GTO / Camaro / TransAm (tied, pretty much a driver's race, C5 maybe has a slight edge on average)

04 GTO

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Quote Originally Posted by WinSomeLoseNone
    Most of the time when im cruising and some evo or bullfrog starts to harass me i just ignore em and figure that anyone so annoying and anxious to race is either slow as hell or not worth the gas. On the other hand if theyre cool about it and dont have an attitude like a sober alcoholic on steroids ill always show em the ropes. only been beat once by an evo that was apparently stock with the exception of a massive turbo. I bet he is sitting somewhere right now with a blown motor.

That motor is a tough little 4banger. I would not be so fast to say they can't take a lot of power without blowning them up. With stock internals around 450whp+.

And I think the same can be said with alot of motors. When you get big power and your at the drags, sooner or later something is going to happen to your car.

Don't talk crap about other cars unless you have had first hand experence with them. That means that you have owned one.

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by jomo
    Don't talk crap about other cars unless you have had first hand experence with them. That means that you have owned one.
    +1. I can talk crap about 1995 Honda Accord EX 5-speeds all day

Black
    '91 turbo fox, '97 vette

I can talk crap about LS1 C5s ..

Chris

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i can talk crap until i'm proven otherwise

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Who's talkin' crap?
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

This thread is not to make enemies with you guys. I drive my evo everyday on the road and come across a couple of ls1 cars like camaros and maybe a couple gtos and some vettes. Nobody has challenged me ever. I've tried to challenge some myself but no luck. I hear the ls1 is a highway monster and i would like to see how bad one would beat me from a roll. Even mustangs dont wanna play. I've been wanting to go to the dentondragway but that track has been closed for some time now. I'll just have to wait till the track opens i guess. I raced my boss one time. He has a c5 vette. He beat me from a roll but it was my 3rd day with the evo and my first manual car. I sucked at shifting thru gears. Oh well.

Dont worry youll find one soon enough to race you. If youre stock, be prepared to get your ass handed to you.

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Too bad you don't live in my area, I would set something up this weekend. I would figure those Texas LS1 owner's would be putting APB's out for Evo's after your post. Where are you guy's at?

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983
    Dont worry youll find one soon enough to race you. If youre stock, be prepared to get your ass handed to you.
    In your opinion, what would the result be (how many lengths) between a stock LS1 F-body and a stock EVO 8?

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    In your opinion, what would the result be (how many lengths) between a stock LS1 F-body and a stock EVO 8?
    Well, the 2005 EVOs are noticeably faster stock than the 2003-2004s. With that said, the 2006 (EVO 9s) are even faster than the 2005s. There are numerous 12.9 bone stock runs so far, the fastest being 12.8@106.

Between a 2005 EVO8 and an M6 LS1 F-body from a roll (2nd or 3rd) Id say the F-body should have a solid 2-4 cars by 120 depending on many variables. If it was a stock 03-04, 3-5 cars. The 2006 EVOs... I dont know. From a stop, the Fbody should pass the EVO at around 60-70mph and keep going from there.. maybe a little later on the 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by EE1983

Im quoting myself because I just noticed your sig and it said 03 EVO with 340whp. Find a nice bolt-on LS1 or even a cammed one and youll have good race!

Impulse Blue
    2004 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by mbrownin
    C6 Z06 (by far)

C5 Z06 (solid 2nd)

C6

C5 / 05 GTO / Camaro / TransAm (tied, pretty much a driver's race, C5 maybe has a slight edge on average)

04 GTO
    This is funny. I find it hilarious how no body wants to give the GTO respect. Your "list" should look more like this:

1. C6 Z06
    2. C6 / C5 Z06
    3. C5 / 05 GTO (with a slight nod going to the GTO)
    4. LS1 F-body / 04 GTO

To the original poster, let me know if you ever plan to be in Houston...I'll be your huckleberry...

Mystic Teal
    1998 Z28 M6

I think the C5/05 GTO and LS1 Camaros should all be about equal. I'm with bolt ons and I run consistently with equally modded 05 GTO's and lightly modded C5's in an 1/8th (don't know about the quarter). I walk all over comparably modded 04 GTO's. I think its all just because of weight and the somewhat squishy suspension. Not knocking GTO's at all though, I've seen some really nasty ones.
    Last edited by jimbo98z; 03-14-2006 at 11:18 AM.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information