Thread: Had a four way

NBM
    '00 Z28

Had a four way

I realize this sounds doubtful. A few friends of mine have already asked me how my car could have won. My answer to them and my answer to anyone here who asks is the same. I don't know.

Anyway, my wife and I were headed home Friday night when I came up on a Trans Am. I was excited to think I might get a run with the guy considering I didn't get to go out and race because the wife had committed me to playing BINGO with her and her parents.

Well, I pulled up on him and then noticed he had about a '95 Mustang Cobra sitting on the other side of him. I tapped the gas just enough to let them know I was willing to run. So the Cobra switched lanes to get on my left and the TA stayed on my right. We all hit it from about 65 and I left both of them. I had the TA by probably 3-4 lengths by 120. The Cobra was about the same distance back.

We ran again just to make sure everyone got off at the same time. From the result, I thought I might have hit it before they did the first time. Anyway, do over, and got the same result.

I thought they were done, but then an S10 with a V8 in it pulled up and lined up with me and the TA. My wife just started laughing. It was great. I've been trying to get her into this for a long while now. So, I gave him three honks, and even let the S10 get the jump. It didn't matter though, I killed both of them. We went from 60 that time which was perfect for me to start in the top of 2nd.

All I could tell from any of the cars was that the TA had exhaust and was an A4 LS1, and the S10 was a V8. Other than that, I have no idea about the cars. Mine is an '00 Z/28 M6 FRA, ported MAF ends, TB bypass, K&N, Royal Purple throughout the driveline.

Oh, afterward, my wife told me that the races weren't fair. I should've given them at least three lengths. Yeah, she's been watching PINKS with me.
    Last edited by toneloc60; 04-27-2006 at 07:04 AM.

Black
    1998 Camaro SS Vert M6

Nice kills. Gotta love RP

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Honks? I always thought that's why you had a V-8? Kick that SOB a couple of times. That's what gets my attention. Oh, if you get down here, I'll run you with my WS6? Nice story.Race 'em all and let them decide second place!

NBM
    '00 Z28

Okay, I'll be there soon. AZ from MN, not with today's gas prices. Sounds like a nice trip though.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Yea, I know what you mean about not being sure how...
    I destroyed, I mean, DESTROYED a nicely done up WS6 that I was positive was gonna win... but I guess he just wasn't having a good day or something.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

good kills i guess, i didnt read it all, but it didnt seem too unbelieveable

Black
    1998 Trans Am M6

nice kills, nothing like being top dog

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Nice kills tone,

Those S-10's with V8's are overrated. I heard a couple with serious cams and asked a few to race me with no luck. The architecture is dated, and unless it has been tubbed with a four link, gutted, and fiberglass everywhere with a MONSTER small block, chances are real good a stock LS1 will beat it from pillar to post. They sure sound good though, and some are real sweet. But to be intimidate my Z, they need to have dropped some serious dough into that thing. But over 100, it won't really matter what they have done to it, because it is a brick at high speeds.
    Heads 'n Cammed, Moser 12, 3.73's, Weight Reduction, 13" Brembo Kit
    BMR track suspension, full exhaust, the works...
    412whp/394wtq 1/4 mile slip coming soon!
    Gone: '01 Laser Red Cobra 3.73's/Full Bolt-ons

NBM
    '00 Z28

I always thought the S10s with V8 would be faster than that. But, eh.

Talk about a brick at high speed, I can't wait to get my '57 on the road.

what's royal purple?

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    I always thought the S10s with V8 would be faster than that. But, eh.

Talk about a brick at high speed, I can't wait to get my '57 on the road.
    My brother has an S-10 that is tubbed, and runs mid 5's through the eighth, with nitrous on a 434 cube small block and prolly 30 plus grand in the whole thing. Fiberglass front end, gutted, the works. He has had several street S-10's with beefed rear ends, 400 cube iron small blocks, hydraulic cam, double pumper, etc. I smoked his ass with the 01 Cobra, it was kinda close at the start but as we neared 60 mph, it was bye bye. I rode in the S-10, it would spin hard, but when the MPH got around 80 or 90, it seemed to run out of breath. It sounded like it was going somewhere, but it just wasn't, kinda hard to explain.

I could imagine when the road gets twisty, that thing would be more than a handful.

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

AZ to MN done it a lot of times. Not with my ws6 yet. I moved from Detriot Lakes. Those cops in the twin cities are thick! There are nice and scarce down here. They let you by with 10 over if you don't pass them. And head on with traffic around, they won't turn around for 15 over.

2008 Caliber SRT 4
    1998 Z28/ 1993 Talon awd

Quote Originally Posted by iLIKEtransAMS
    what's royal purple?

There are many manufactures of oil and lubricants in the world, Royal Purple is one of the many. Now you are wondering why it is called Royal Purple??

To make a long story short, the founder of the company was hired to help another company with a problem with lubricating presses. He came up with this suff that worked really good. He then asked them what colour they wanted it in and they said purple. Now since royalty wore purple he came up with the name Royal Purple.

NBM
    '00 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by az gt eater
    AZ to MN done it a lot of times. Not with my ws6 yet. I moved from Detriot Lakes. Those cops in the twin cities are thick! There are nice and scarce down here. They let you by with 10 over if you don't pass them. And head on with traffic around, they won't turn around for 15 over.
    Cool. I've got family up near Detroit Lakes. I don't know what you mean with the cops around here though. Sure, I see 'em out, but no more than any other major metro area that I've been in. They don't bug me much. I do get an occassional harrassment, but no tickets in the pst four or five years.

What happened to the four-way? Ohh, you meant racing! j/k

Nice kills...

thanks Jomo

NBM
    '00 Z28

UPDATE***
    I've been keeping my eye out for those three vehicles since that night. I finally ran into the Trans Am at the local cruise spot Friday night. He was cruising through looking for a spot to park and I was standing around when I saw him. I was able to talk with him very briefly. But, I went up and asked him if he was involved in that particular run on that particular street that particular night and what not. He was like, "yeah, and who are you?" So I pointed to my car and him and the two others in his car went nuts when they saw my car! "That's him. That's the guy!" Then, he asked, "WTF HAVE YOU DONE TO THAT THING?!" The look on his face was priceless when I told him it's stock. I admitted I have free mods, but it's basically stock. He was a little depressed after that and I didn't see him the rest of the night.

Silver
    2000 TransAM M6

Sound fun

Thread Information