Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Is the GTO really this slow

This is a discussion on Is the GTO really this slow within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD Ok. Those 3 or 4 people are lying, you're in denial, and I think its all ...

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD View Post
    Ok. Those 3 or 4 people are lying, you're in denial, and I think its all funny. Life is grand.

BTW...did you happen to go look for yourself, or are you scared of what you might find over there?

And please continue with the drag racing lessons. I'm a newbie and need em.

Thanks.
    4 listed, 1 with a suspect mph of 107.3. Stock with drag radials like "Ranger" lists his ETs as stock? What were the 60fts?

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Don't know. Didn't look. If you don't wish to believe it, don't.

Have a nice evening.

Bob

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Don't know. Didn't look. If you don't wish to believe it, don't.

Have a nice evening.

Bob
    Thought so. The best ET ever for an LS1 GTO, the entire probability based on the launch and no recollection of tires or 60ft.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

LOL. No recollection? My friend, I don't memorize timeslips (maybe a few of my own), especially from cars that I'm really not into. Truth be told, I'm not a big fan of the GTO. Nice idea, but the thing is a pig (that should sound familier to you), and it looks rather.......blah. But that doesn't change what some folks have done with it. It's a pretty fast car, and even faster in LS2 form.

You're in denial. I like it. Please continue.

Bob

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

There are a few bone stock LS1 GTOs (MY 04) that have gone 13.1. I guess it depends on your definition of "slow", but I wouldn't consider them any such thing.

But not slow.
    especially from cars that I'm really not into. Truth be told, I'm not a big fan of the GTO.

but the thing is a pig (that should sound familier to you), It's a pretty fast car, and even faster in LS2 form.
    Bob, you're contradicting yourself. Is it fast or a pig? Did you own one or are you not into it?

And no, "pig" related to the SRT-8 doesn't sound familiar, if that is what you mean.

The very KEY element that even makes a 13.1 REMOTELY probable is the 60ft and you don't remember on YOUR '04? Do you remember if you had stock tires?

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

ROFLOL. Ok, I'll try to be as clear as I can (I'm told I read too fast, so I'll try to type a bit slower).

I'm not contridicting myself. They are fast, and they are pigs. Put enough HP in a "pig", and it can be fast. Your car is even more of a "pig" than a GTO. Fortunately for you, you have even more HP than an LS1/LS2 GTO.

I considered my last car a 'pig' too. It was a 2004 Cobra. The GT500 is another great example - gobs of HP, but way too much tonnage for my tastes.

No, I do not own a GTO, never did own a GTO, and only briefly seriously considered owning a GTO (ended up with the 04 Cobra instead....now sold). Further, I never implied that I did own one.

Now lets turn this around....did you own one? If so, I'm guessing you couldn't get a 13.1 out of one, thus it isn't possible (you didn't do it, so it can't be done). I'm bettin that you can't get anywhere near a 13.1 out of your SRT either, thus the desire to call BS. How's that for assumptions?

So no, I don't remember the 60 ft for the 13.1 that I didn't run in the 2004 GTO that I didn't have. Nor do I remember if the 04 GTO that I didn't have and don't remember the 60 ft for on the 13.1 pass that I didn't run had stock tires or not.

But just to give you a friendly, helping hand, here are a few posts from two to three years ago:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showth...=141077&page=2
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10371
    http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14530

Welcome to 2004.

Oh....remember the 13.2x from a bone stock 04 GTO that I said I had witnessed? Look here: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9701

I was at MIR that day (went 12.6 @ 112 in my stock 04 Cobra).

Bob

PS....those posts include 60 fts. Guess their memory of their cars is better than my memory of my non-cars.

Silver
    06 Charger SRT-8

Well that is interesting. I suppose it is possible but like the 12.56@111mph time in stock SRT-8 (1.87 60ft), represents .01% of the cars. 107mph trap speed is awfully suspect as well for a "stock" '04 GTO.

So I will admit it may have been done and there is never proof without a tech inspection of being stock, but I'll have to go with it.

But a few questions:

What does "MY 04" mean, exactly? Not that it matters, but it's an obvious contradiction.

Actually my best in the SRT-8 is 13.3, heat soaked, no knowledge of specific prep for the car and a headwind. Assume what you want, the GTOs were running high 13s that night. The day I trapped at 108mph the LS2 GTO there was running mid 14s.

Since you decided to attack the SRT-8 for no reason, it's heavier than a GTO. Is that what "pig" means? Because an SRT-8 is a a little quicker, better handling, higher top speed and shorter braking distances than the GTO.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Deuuuce View Post
    Well that is interesting. I suppose it is possible but like the 12.56@111mph time in stock SRT-8 (1.87 60ft), represents .01% of the cars. 107mph trap speed is awfully suspect as well for a "stock" '04 GTO.
    Please note above where I said that a run such as a 13.1 is "the exception vice the rule". Certainly the average is quite a bit slower - but that goes for all cars, there is always someone (or two or three) that can get more out of their cars with less.

So I will admit it may have been done and there is never proof without a tech inspection of being stock, but I'll have to go with it.
    If one really really really wanted to look into it, the only way to do it is a complete motor teardown (been there), and that's never going to happen. However, after being on the net for a while and doing quite a bit of racing, it gets to be pretty easy to tell who is honest and who is trying to pull a fast one.

But a few questions:
    Shoot.

What does "MY 04" mean, exactly? Not that it matters, but it's an obvious contradiction.
    LOL. I suppose I can see where that might look like something I didn't intend it to look like. "MY" is "model year".

Actually my best in the SRT-8 is 13.3, heat soaked, no knowledge of specific prep for the car and a headwind. Assume what you want, the GTOs were running high 13s that night. The day I trapped at 108mph the LS2 GTO there was running mid 14s.
    I'm not trying to say that the SRT-8 is faster, slower, better, or whatever than the GTO. I have no real interest in either one. I do have an opinion....and that is that the LS2 GTO is pretty close to the SRT-8, stock to stock, but no doubt the SRT-8 has an edge (even more so over an 04).

Since you decided to attack the SRT-8 for no reason, it's heavier than a GTO.
    Where did I attack your car? By saying it is a 'pig'? If that's the case, then I also attacked my own previous car by calling it the same thing in the same post.

Is that what "pig" means?
    Yup. I guess if I wanted to be more PC, I'd say that it is "dimensionally challenged"

Because an SRT-8 is a a little quicker, better handling, higher top speed and shorter braking distances than the GTO.
    Ok - I'll take your word for it. It also stands out a lot more. My only gripe with the SRT-8 (other than the tonnage) is that you can't get one with a stick.

Bob

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    well guys im goin to the track tomorow with my ls1 a4 gto..its stock except cutouts..ill post time slips =)
    01 m6 z28 - lid / lt headers / 3' ory w no cats / flowmaster catback w 3' dmh e-cutout / nelson pcm tune

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 2000T/A Guru View Post
    Your balls are small
    then --->

And your package looks like a rats head between two basketballs!

Good kill there thread poster. F-bod LS1's are faster than LS1 Goats. Of course you killed it worse. If he slimmed it down to your F-bods weight, then I would think they would be indentical mod for mod.

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

oh my good god. why is it that if a stock f body goes freakishly into the 12s by any means necessary (stickies, good DA, good track prep, good driver) everyone gets all excited. its a 12.99 more than likely.

but when an ls1 goat goes low low 13s its a fraud, a scandal even? what makes ANYONE here think they know about every track pass by every stock GTO in the world. this is the internet. some people dont use it. some people do and shouldnt.

im fairly certain that a bone stock f body that breaks 12s would have a damn good launch, damn good 60 and precise shifting all the way down the track.

so why couldnt a goat be driven the same way?

oh thats right, because some of you are mentally ill.

if some of you honestly think a stock LS2 goat wont go mid 12s with drag radials and a damn good launch...youre probably ill also. a mid 12 could be a 12.75 but thats still a mid 12, and still beating a stock f body.

it kills me when people start to rip on the goats. shut up. sure the ls1 goat had its weight issues and the ls1 f body bests it, but the ls2 is packing around 50 more hp.

and i love how the "this one run of the year" track passes, when in the heat of argument, get passed of as the average. show me a bone stock f body that runs a 12.99 everytime.

lets stick with the average e.t.'s for these cars, not the freak story of the year....

HUNTER S. THOMPSON FAN Raoul-Duke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by secondgearscratch View Post
    oh my good god. why is it that if a stock f body goes freakishly into the 12s by any means necessary (stickies, good DA, good track prep, good driver) everyone gets all excited. its a 12.99 more than likely.

but when an ls1 goat goes low low 13s its a fraud, a scandal even? what makes ANYONE here think they know about every track pass by every stock GTO in the world. this is the internet. some people dont use it. some people do and shouldnt.

im fairly certain that a bone stock f body that breaks 12s would have a damn good launch, damn good 60 and precise shifting all the way down the track.

so why couldnt a goat be driven the same way?

oh thats right, because some of you are mentally ill.

if some of you honestly think a stock LS2 goat wont go mid 12s with drag radials and a damn good launch...youre probably ill also. a mid 12 could be a 12.75 but thats still a mid 12, and still beating a stock f body.

it kills me when people start to rip on the goats. shut up. sure the ls1 goat had its weight issues and the ls1 f body bests it, but the ls2 is packing around 50 more hp.

and i love how the "this one run of the year" track passes, when in the heat of argument, get passed of as the average. show me a bone stock f body that runs a 12.99 everytime.

lets stick with the average e.t.'s for these cars, not the freak story of the year....
    could not have said it better...the dr. concurs

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Good air...sea level....good driver....yup...bone stock LS1's Goats have run that. In Jersey and at the Florida-Georgia shootout I believe it was....yes it is the exception and not the rule...nevertheless it was done and on a track with lots of videos and witnesses....thus BlkCloud invited you to go look at the documentation yourself............

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

Why did i get ban i only had 2 warnings, that made 3 i thought you needed 4 to get ban.

Pewter
    2000 z28

if you piss of a mod it doesnt matter what should happen, its more of a guessing game as to when...but its gonna happen regarless of youre feelings.....

trust me...look at my ink.

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

All im saying is i thought rules were rules, but i guess there above the rules lol.

Pewter
    2000 z28

All im saying is i thought rules were rules, but i guess there above the rules lol.
    they make the rules....

that and the fact that sarge himself has a 10 second gto. the same kind of car being ripped on falsely in this thread. i dont think he really cares about that though.....

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

lol why would he, his car runs 10s.

Pewter
    2000 z28

lol why would he, his car runs 10s.
    if i had a 10 second car...i would be a full time asshole.

dont ask me why though, i dont have an answer.....

Impounded

Red
    2000 Trans Am

I understand why you dotn need to explain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information