Thread: Gt 500

ASE and I-Car certified Crzy Lgs's Avatar

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

Gt 500

Anyone come across and have a chance to run one of the new Shelby Mustangs. If so how have you done. My boss has one thats completely stock that I want to run I think it will be close just want some input.
    Heads, Cam, CAI, MAF, LT, ORY,GMMG Catback and Tune= 405.21rwhp, 390.7rwtq

Pewter
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am Ws6

I had more of a "chase" the other week against a new GT500.. He was in front of me and we took off once the car infront of him turned. He didn't pull me at all in 1st & 2nd.. but I missed 3rd! Waited for another run but it didn't happen. My car isn't anywhere near stock... 445rwhp. So it's hard to say what would happen with stock LS1..GT500 can run anywhere from mid 12's to mid 13's..They are terrible on hot days at the track... Clumpsy too.. BUT still a nice car for Shelby..

ASE and I-Car certified Crzy Lgs's Avatar

Black
    2002 Camaro SS

My car isn't stock the Shelby is I have driven the Shelby and don't believe it pulls as hard. I figure its got maybe at best 20rwhp more than my car but my car is almost 500lbs lighter. Either way it'll be close. Thanks for your input.

Pewter
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am Ws6

Yeah the weight really hurts the GT500.. Motortrend or Car & Driver (not sure which I read too many) lost 4 secs. on the lap times with the GT500 when the track temp went up. No other car was effected by the heat. Ouch.. But straight line & a few mods it can be a mean cobra..

Red
    04 GTO

I raced one at the track on the quarter mile, at the time my gto just had a cold air intake. Well i had a bad take off but it wouldn't have mattered he took me by 2-3 car lengths. But there are some nice cars.

Red
    04 GTO

I raced one at the track on the quarter mile, at the time my gto just had a cold air intake. Well i had a bad take off but it wouldn't have mattered he took me by 2-3 car lengths. But there are some nice cars.

Red
    06 GTO

i dont know about stock, but there is a video of JDZ28 racing one with well over 500 hp. JD walked him pretty good (odviously not stock)

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

Quote Originally Posted by ledesma54 View Post
    do you have anything done to your 04 goat?

1998 Firebird Formula WS6

do the power to weight ratio lets say you weigh 200 and your car is 3400 so you have 3600/405 = 8.88 to 1 power to weight and his car is 3900 with a 200lb driver and 450rwhp so you have a 9.11 to 1 power to weight. so you should have a pretty good advantage it you are both good drivers and you both have good tires.
    1998 Firebird Formula WS6... few things done.

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Biggest problem i have seen with the GT500's is traction. Saw one at the track with 700 hp to the wheels. Spun about half track to like a 13.1 at like 120+. If he is stock though you will probably get him.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

I never ran one, if i was gonna i shuda done it a while back (back in the summer) when my car was an animal. Now its 90% stock.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    I never ran one, if i was gonna i shuda done it a while back (back in the summer) when my car was an animal. Now its 90% stock.
    Rajiv, send him my way...

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSomething View Post
    Rajiv, send him my way...
    I almost ran one during the summer but the guy pussied out wen rumor got out my car wasnt stock, now he keeps picking on me. I told him I got 2 friends that wanna race him. 1 with a whipple cobra and another with a 427 ss. The kid thought I was bsing so I called him out to a local hangout spot and showed up with both my friends and he ran them both, and got his ass handed to him. Now he don't pick on me and when I saw him the other day he said "the lope of that cam in that camaro still haunts me till today"

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by rajiv1998 View Post
    he said "the lope of that cam in that camaro still haunts me till today"
    LMAO! Good stuff...

Thread Information