Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

got a ticket

This is a discussion on got a ticket within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; Originally Posted by 01T-TopToy just received a ticket, for 10 over... The officer says he paced me.. altho I saw ...

White
    1994 300ZX Twin Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 01T-TopToy View Post
    just received a ticket, for 10 over... The officer says he paced me.. altho I saw him come up from behind three lanes to my right from behind, move around the traffic I just passed and slide in behind me...Do I think it's BS ... Yes.. Is the cop an utter ass ? No.. He saw me pass on the right..and altho I wasn't hauling ass, I was in the wrong..
    I agree that officer's have a shitty, unapreciated job.
    AND I was and still am annoyed that I got the ticket..BUT when I see three imports zigzagging in, out and around traffic at speeds that FAR exceed the flow AND see them detained to talk about their choices I agree that OFFICERS are needed. Are they perfect..? No. They are human.. But for someone to make a blanket statement how they all suck... WTF.. Do everyone a favor and sell your internet connection..I didn't see you coming to my wife's rescue when some Ass in a Denali rear ended her an fled.. I didn't see you coming to my home to take pictures and statement nor calling at 10 pm to inform us the perp had been arrested. an OFFICER did.. and off shift too.
    I may not agree with them sometimes BUT DAMN I'M GLAD THEY ARE THERE.
    Big 2nd.

A trained professional volleybill's Avatar

Black
    2001 Z28

Amen, bro- it is a crappy job, people loathe you, crack heads take pot shots at you, for what- 60 thou a year and the chance to work nights, holidays, in rain-
    Big bonus- you get to arrest drunks that spit on you, puke in the back seat of your "office", tell parents you just scraped their kid off an oak tree....

No doubt, when someone busts into your car to steal your CD player you will be the first one to want the cops "to do something", or the guy you just cut off and flipped off tries to drag you out of your car without rolling the window down first, you'll think the cops are pretty important. I am glad there are people willing to do the job, trying to keep me and my family safe-

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by volleybill View Post
    No doubt, when someone busts into your car to steal your CD player you will be the first one to want the cops "to do something", or the guy you just cut off and flipped off tries to drag you out of your car without rolling the window down first, you'll think the cops are pretty important. I am glad there are people willing to do the job, trying to keep me and my family safe-
    Thats the purpose of having police officers. I have nothing but respect for the men and women who deal with these things in a professional manner every day.

However, the majority of small town cops do nothing other than issue traffic violations for trivial bullshit. Thats what my town is all about, they probably respond to about one actual incident per week, if that. One girl in my town, who went to my school, got a ticket for 27MPH in a highly patrolled 25MPH zone, if thats not ridiculous, then nothing is. They are out to make revenue for the town through screwing people over, simple as that, and that is a disgrace to real law enforcement everywhere.

Yellow
    2003 Lancer Evolution

You have nothing but respect?? Seriously dude, edit that out, I don't think anyone will believe that hypocritcal load of horse dung anyway.

SGM
    1998 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 4tun8 View Post
    You have nothing but respect?? Seriously dude, edit that out, I don't think anyone will believe that hypocritcal load of horse dung anyway.
    Dude...you are a ricer moron who trolls LS1.com to piss people off and start trouble. This isn't the first time you've tried to provoke people into arguements.

I honesty don't even know why you bother posting at all, its a total waste of space.

U-R-Sofa-King-Retarded SINISTER-TA's Avatar

NBM
    2002 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Wesman View Post
    No, you can't accurately measure speed based on visual alone. Thats the biggest load of crap I've ever heard, there is no way to prove that the officer's guesstimate is even remotely accurate. They are cops, not machines, they cannot estimate velocity any better than any other human being can. A ticket like that should get thrown out in court immediately, its retarded.

If his tired chirped he's done?? What is this, Nazi Germany?? If you chirp your tires while accelerating, in no way is that speeding, reckless driving, or failure to maintain vehicle. It just means you accelerated slightly harder than was required to get the vehicle moving. There is no law against rate of acceleration.

I can't stand cops.
    Wow...another cop hating know it all...maybe you should like... start a revolution, you know...so you can overthrow Hitler because getting a ticket is just like the Holocaust.

Ya wessys got nothing but respect for everyone that agrees with him . After all hes got so much experience... Auto parts . Thats what, a junk yard boy or maybe its a Napa counter schlub. Ya we've all seen your expertice.Please keep to your self jr.

sebring silver
    2000 z28

i do respect cops for what they do, BUT sometimes they can go overboard

i admit i was accelerating to fast when i got my ticket.

........ 2 years ago me and my friend who is quarter black got pulled over for his 93 v6 camaro havin a headlight out, in 2 days he had 3 lights burnout., and at the time he didnt have muck money to buy a new one right away, anyway when the cop got to the car he called for backup and pulled my buddy out of the car, they asked him if he was on drugs, had any weapons, they searched him extensively, then the backup cop went to my window and asked what was in my backpack, uh my books we are in school , any way they didnt find anything because, well, we didnt have anything, Then let us go

now just they other day my same friend went to the school to pickup our other friends little bro and a cop pulled him over, told him to get out and started calling him a drug dealer, the cop searched his car and found nothing again.... there was absolutly no reason to pull him over

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

in florida, pacing and visual estimating will hold up in court. for pacing, the vehicle's speedometer has to have up to date logs for calibration just like a radar gun. visual estimating - it's part of their radar training as well. i've had my share of court room scenery and sat there and listened to the cases before mine.

in this person's case, it sounds like the cop gave him a break by giving him that ticket instead of a speeding ticket. less points. roll the dice and take your chances.

there will be no cop bashing. already disciplined one person in this thread. i don't mind doing more.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Agreed, especially in freeway situations it can get really dangerous and everybody needs to play by the rules so nobody gets hurt.
    Here in germany, for example it's never allowed to pass on the right side on freeways. Also, everybody is required to keep right if not passing.
    And speeding: We have automated cameras with radar, so you just get a letter with a nice picture and a fine... And for example: 20 mph above the limit means license withdrawn for one month + fine.

So did i get this right, your insurance will go up if you collect tickets in the US?

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    So did i get this right, your insurance will go up if you collect tickets in the US?
    it can, yes.

red
    96 ss

No, you can't accurately measure speed based on visual alone. Thats the biggest load of crap I've ever heard, there is no way to prove that the officer's guesstimate is even remotely accurate. They are cops, not machines, they cannot estimate velocity any better than any other human being can. A ticket like that should get thrown out in court immediately, its retarded.

If his tired chirped he's done?? What is this, Nazi Germany?? If you chirp your tires while accelerating, in no way is that speeding, reckless driving, or failure to maintain vehicle. It just means you accelerated slightly harder than was required to get the vehicle moving. There is no law against rate of acceleration.

I can't stand cops.
    are you retarted? it will,can and does stand up in court. your little girlfriends ticket was in the wrong by the officer, in my eyes . guess what though, she broke the posted speed limit. a officer can vascar (no not nascar , before you even say it) you and write a ticket, they can pace you and issue a ticket. also YES they can guess your speed and issue you a ticket. guess what, hes a sworn officer and unless you have big time proof you weren't speeding , you are getting fined by the judge. as far as chirping the tires, if thye lose traction at any time , no matter the length , its called careless and wreckless. they will ticket you for that aswell. man you must be really young to not know any of this and make a idiot out of yourself. i have been to court for all of the above items. i also had to take a defensive driving course to keep my license. i have had over 14 sppeding tickets in my years of driving. thank god my wife was working as a clerk of court in the county i live in, that got 6 or 7 of them dismissed by court. best part i am going with the judge that dismissed them to mexico on feb 15th for 7 days of deep sea fishing. now i want you to come back with some lame comment and insults, please show me the reason you have so many little red icons under your name kid.

red
    96 ss

this is a pm the retard sent me.
    ME
    are you retarted? it will,can and does stand up in court. your little girlfriends ticket was in the wrong by the officer, in my eyes . guess what though, she broke the posted speed limit. a officer can vascar (no not nascar , before you even say it) you and write a ticket, they can pace you and issue a ticket. also YES they can guess your speed and issue you a ticket. guess what, hes a sworn officer and unless you have big time proof you weren't speeding , you are getting fined by the judge. as far as chirping the tires, if thye lose traction at any time , no matter the length , its called careless and wreckless. they will ticket you for that aswell. man you must be really young to not know any of this and make a idiot out of yourself.
    HIM
    An officer "guessing your speed" is totally retarded. There is no physical way that anyone can accurately do that. Have people gotten tickets for it and lost in court?? Sure, but that doesn't mean its real, its total bullshit. Just another way to make money. And technically "chirping your tires" is "careless", but anyone who takes everything literally is a fucking moron. Which explains a lot about you.

Quote: ME
    i have been to court for all of the above items. i also had to take a defensive driving course to keep my license. i have had over 14 sppeding tickets in my years of driving.
    HIM
    Wow, you're an idiot. Yet you're asking me if I'm retarded?? Incredible. And yet you still stick up for traffic enforcement, you're fucked up in the head.

Quote: ME
    thank god my wife was working as a clerk of court in the county i live in, that got 6 or 7 of them dismissed by court. best part i am going with the judge that dismissed them to mexico on feb 15th for 7 days of deep sea fishing. now i want you to come back with some lame comment and insults, please show me the reason you have so many little red icons under your name kid.
    HIM
    Don't call me kid, I'm obviously more mature than you. You just proved that "traffic enforcement" a big game, in that your wife helped you get your tickets "dismissed". 90% of tickets are to generate revenue for the town, not keep anyone safe. Get that through your skull moron.

Don't bother responding, because I honestly couldn't care less what your stupid ass has to say.

MY RESPONSE

i love to get pm's like this , makes me feel the love of the younger generation. you need to read the post above mine and then realize, you are wrong. once they are radar certified , they can guess you speed and ticket you and YOU WILL BE PAYING THE FINE AND PAYING COURT COSTS and getting points on you little permit. yes i got my share of tickets. was i in the worng every time , yes i was. am i taking up for traffic enforcement? no i am honestly telling you no matter how much crying you do they will still ticket your ass for all of the above complaints you have. if you throw a cigarette butt out the window of a car in n.c, you can get a ticket. who cares if its right or wrong , or if anyone got hurt, ITS THE LAW . if you dont like it dont get caught, write your congress man/woman. i honestly dont care what you do , the fact is your were wrong on the guessing your speed issue and probally a few others that i dont care about reading. also please post in here it would be nice to go ahead and get you banned since, by your pretty little red icons, you have already come close to. let me ask you a question (does little good cause your little tail will google it) do even know why they made a speed limit in the first place junior?

dark bowling green
    2000 corvette

i'm guessing this a PM from someone to you????

red
    96 ss

yeah that Wesman kid , i put him on ignore now.

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra

I can't stand cops.
    i 99% agree with this dude..

1% disagree about "can't stand cops" part. i love cops and i even donate! i am coming from europe, cops will stop you and as your drivers licence and regst. if you give 10 bucks, he will walk away. most of the times cops will stop you there to get some money from you. people are not that rich so they prefer to throw 10 bucks instead of paying 100 bucks ticket and cops are happy with it and thats why economy sucks! But in the USA most of the cops are doing their job pretty good and when you call them they are at your place as soon as possible..there are sure bad ones but majority doing their job!

Also LS66; chirp tires and you are done??? that is crazy.. do you think every cars are 100hp? i drive an 06 stang GT which is less powerfull than LS1s and in summer many many times, i just accelerated NORMAL, i chirp the tires.. there are some dudes out there driving 500hp cars and to chirp tires are sooo easy for them.. you mentioned "UNDER HARD ACCELERATION" i assume you have never seen hard acceleration.. these cars will smoke all over under heavy acceleration, let alone chirp.. all i am trying to say is, chirp happens.. some times, you let the clutch too fast or hit the gas a little more.. that is totally wrong.. if i would have gotten a ticket like that.. i would fight till the end to kick that motherf*cker's ass!!! that is just wrong.. he prolly hates cars cuz he can't afford one? or on pursiut one of the LS1 dude left him alone on the highway thats why..
    Last edited by Musclefan21; 01-21-2007 at 06:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information