Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Silver
    2002 Trans Am

Got my first Stang

going back to a friends house after eating, im at a stop light and i see a red '06ish stang turn onto my road, so i go and catch up with him and its a guy about my age and i give a friendly rev and wave, we both get stopped at a light and the road empty ahead of us until the next light witch about 350 yds. light goes green and we both ease into it to begin with but at like 10-15 we both get on it, He was a 5-sp so he kept up with me till about 40 (my first gear runs out at 50) but then i started walking away, when we shut down i had about a car on him at 85 ish, i also had a passenger, he didnt so i think i would have pulled a little more if it were just me, its hard to find races around here so its always fun any chance i get.
    A4 (2.73 gears), Magnaflow cat-back, Lid, filter, tb bypass, P&P TB

13.504@104.376

Just a slow Camaro KING Z28 HAWK's Avatar

LPM
    2002 Z28 Camaro

Good kill! how come stangz never wanna play with me?

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    They know they will lose to the ls1

Pewter
    02SS6spd VERT!

Quote Originally Posted by thiscatiskool View Post
    going back to a friends house after eating, im at a stop light and i see a red '06ish stang turn onto my road, so i go and catch up with him and its a guy about my age and i give a friendly rev and wave, we both get stopped at a light and the road empty ahead of us until the next light witch about 350 yds. light goes green and we both ease into it to begin with but at like 10-15 we both get on it, He was a 5-sp so he kept up with me till about 40 (my first gear runs out at 50) but then i started walking away, when we shut down i had about a car on him at 85 ish, i also had a passenger, he didnt so i think i would have pulled a little more if it were just me, its hard to find races around here so its always fun any chance i get.
    bs, there is no way you beat one of those. AND you had a passenger?! yea right...

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

One pulled up next to me the other day with exhuast, i have to say i dont like the way the new ones sound at all with exhuast. They sound restricted still and crackles too much, thats the best explanation i have. Im sure there are a few with good systems on them and sound good but so far ive only heard a few that i like. I ran into another one with a old ugly women driving a orange one convertible GT. She tried punching it to cut me off hard and failed big time, couldve slowed down a bit and just got behind me but she had to show off by trying to cut me off.

She pulled up next to me giving me the who the F are you look, im like yaaaa right. You couldnt pull past me and all you can do is give a dirty look. Just love it when people try to act like there hard core sitting in a car, same as flipping someone off as he is walking down the street while your in your car, just makes you look like a p*ssy. Not to put down mustang owners at all, i actually seriously considered buying several in the past but i mostly have these type of problems with mustang owners and no one else really. There are more 335's and many other cars in my area then stangs believe it or not and not one issue with any of them yet. To the OP its always good to pull on one of the newer ones, still after serveral years the 98-02 LS1's still give the 2005-2010 stangs alot of trouble.

Black
    1999 WS6

I found a fellow WS6 owner on the Interstate while driving my 2009 Roush P51B Mustang. Knowing full well that my 99 WS6 even with a 200 shot can't come close to the car I felt some humor in leaving him "try". After a thorough spanking he was nice enough to come up to me and ask what I had under the hood. He said (and I quote) "I've never had my lunch handed to me by a Mustang, including a Roush 427. Not only could you have gone out for desert while I was trying not to let you pass me, you probably could have went into the next county to get it".
    I said, this isn't a 427 but you'll know next time not to mess with one when you see them.
    I have pulled a 7.06 1/8th with MT's on the back on Roush 15" rims...completely bone stock. While I love both the Mustang and the Firebird and its generally war when speaking of the 2 at the same time, you guys have to drive one of these monsters to appreciate just what they can do.
    Yes, alot of money, but compared to a Z06 the Corvette just isn't any fun as I traded a 2006 Z06 for it. Not to mention this car would run with it until about 60, and over it up until about 120. Then the Z would kick its ass.
    This post should stir a few comments....

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Quote Originally Posted by kevnstac View Post
    I found a fellow WS6 owner on the Interstate while driving my 2009 Roush P51B Mustang. Knowing full well that my 99 WS6 even with a 200 shot can't come close to the car I felt some humor in leaving him "try". After a thorough spanking he was nice enough to come up to me and ask what I had under the hood. He said (and I quote) "I've never had my lunch handed to me by a Mustang, including a Roush 427. Not only could you have gone out for desert while I was trying not to let you pass me, you probably could have went into the next county to get it".
    I said, this isn't a 427 but you'll know next time not to mess with one when you see them.
    I have pulled a 7.06 1/8th with MT's on the back on Roush 15" rims...completely bone stock. While I love both the Mustang and the Firebird and its generally war when speaking of the 2 at the same time, you guys have to drive one of these monsters to appreciate just what they can do.
    Yes, alot of money, but compared to a Z06 the Corvette just isn't any fun as I traded a 2006 Z06 for it. Not to mention this car would run with it until about 60, and over it up until about 120. Then the Z would kick its ass.
    Wow, 7.06 bone stock on MT's? Very good. Is that super charged?

Good kill to the OP. Definitely a believable story.
    2002 SS M6 Convertible

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

7.06 in the 1/8th with a bone stock Roush on M/Ts? Can you post the slip, please? To get that kind of 1/8th mile ET in a street car with street gears and a stock transmission would mean you're running 105-ish mph traps (again, 1/8th).....that's knocking on the doors of a 10 second run.

A "P51B" has 510 HP (crank) - or roughly the same as a 2009 GT500. It weighs pretty much the same, and has the same gear. It's on a suspension that is much more of a road-race setup than a drag race setup. It is no match for a C6 Z06 in ANY performance category at any speed. It is a good match for your pocketbook, though.

Something smells.

Sorry.

pewter
    2000 ss slp

them stangs arent worth the gas half the time several of my budies have cobra gt and a bullitt w a procharger i still dnt know what their tail lights look like

Black
    1999 WS6

Replies

Ok, to answer several of your questions....
    First for Redegal - yes, it has a TVS2300 supercharger running 15psi boost. This is how it was delivered from Roush.

Next - Blkcloud - I will post the slip. Trap speed was 97.4
    This car has problems out of the hole, but by 60 it just ignites. 1/4 mile times of this style car with pulley upgrade and tune was 10.61 at 129.61mph as posted by a fellow P51"A" owner on a Mustang forum.
    I haven't broken the 11 second bracket yet with mine, but they are my intentions. I can run low 11's all day long trapping around 120. The car is as I picked it up at the dealer, no mods except sequential tail lights, that's it. The P51A had 510 crank HP and approximately 445 rwhp. Roush has upgraded the tune and the B model is pushing roughly 524rwhp. I guess you'll need the dyno slip so I'll hunt that down as well. The GT500 is a slug compared to this car. My WS6 can beat them. I'm not sure the WS6 will take a 2010 GT500, they made some improvements, but even a 2009 GT500KR is no match for the P51B, even if the Shelby has the 605HP pulley upgrade. My car weighs 3314 pounds, check the weight on a GT500. The iron block engine and 6 speed transmission weigh down those cars badly. Its all power vs. weight plus getting that power to the ground which is what Roush has worked hard on, especially with cars like the Stage 3 or higher. This car pulls a 1.02G on the skidpad, check out the Z06 skidpad ratings. I think you'll find it pulls a .97G.

Performance

"Road and Track"
    Engine and Transmission: 7.0 V-8/6M
    slalom 67.10 mph
    60-0 braking 118.00 ft.
    1/4 mile 12.20 sec.
    top speed 197.00 mph
    80-0 braking 203.00 ft.
    0-60 4.10 sec.
    skidpad 0.97 g.
    Issue Sep-06

So I'd love to find one a road race it. The ass of my Z was unpredictable and would come around to meet me in the face more times then not. The P51 is very sticky and can maneuver turns and come out of one quicker then the Z ever would. The Z is mean and nasty and pure power, I know I owned one. But noone can build a car for racing better then a race car owner. The suspension upgrades on the P51 are incredible, right down to the 6 piston brakes to stop it.

Finally -sscharged - This isn't a Bullitt or Cobra and unless the procharger was pushing incredible boost, they had better build the internals on they'll be picking up pieces shortly. I would love to take you for a ride. Maybe when I visit some old friends in Ohio I can take the car for a road trip. I used to live in Champion, near Warren/Youngstown area.

Listen guys, I've been a GM guy since my 1975 Firebird Formula 400. I've had Mustangs, I've had Camaro's. I even have a 2008 Trailblazer SS in my garage right now for God's sake. I also love some Fords, one of them being the P51 version that started the whole "Mustang" thing based on the fighter plane. I'm not trying to down anyone's car on here or piss anyone off. I'm stating true facts that this car will beat the 2006 Z06 I traded in, in a 1/4 mile run. Do some research on the car, you won't find many race/performance times on a "B" model, some youtube crap of a "A" model, but there are only 51 B's out there and not everyone who shelled out $55k for one wants to beat the crap out of it. It is truly a FAST automobile for a Mustang. One day, you'll come across one and say just what Jim Kimbrough (the 2000 WS6 owner who had his lunch handed to him) said. I wouldn't believe how fast they are either sitting in your shoes. I thought running 13's in my WS6 was fast at 105, and running 12's in my Z was even better, but man oh man...shaving another second off is ALOT in the 1/4 mile. This car is a monster, trust me. The acceleration between 50 and 120 is brutal. Now granted, the Z would eat this thing alive from about 120 and up, but there aren't many places you can drive that fast and survive, or get away without a flashing light behind you.

I knew by making this post that it would draw attention. I just wanted you all to know, there is a Mustang on the road somewhere that will leave your jaw hanging open. If you come across a "B" model, be prepared. They are very quick if the person behind the wheel truly opens it up. They are a handful to take off with that's for sure.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro SS SLP M6

Sorry to jack the thread....

Soild rear axle or IRS on the Rousch?
    Last edited by Redegal; 08-10-2009 at 11:27 AM.

Black
    1999 WS6

Still solid rear axle set up unfortunately. Adjustable panhard bar, adjustable control arms, that's about it.

B2300 (Fluffy) Retired
    Plain-Jane Dodge Truck

Next - Blkcloud - I will post the slip. Trap speed was 97.4
    7.06 @ 97.4 mph is an EXCELLENT ET vs MPH package. Properly-setup race cars run that kind of ET vs MPH. Bone stock street cars on road race suspensions do not.

This car has problems out of the hole, but by 60 it just ignites.
    You're not going to run 7.06 at 97 mph w/o a 1.4x or perhaps low 1.5 60 ft. Does your car run 1.4x 60 fts?

1/4 mile times of this style car with pulley upgrade and tune was 10.61 at 129.61mph as posted by a fellow P51"A" owner on a Mustang forum.
    Ok - but we're not talking about some buddy with another car. We're talking about your car.

And BTW, 10.61 @ 129 mph is a decent ET vs MPH package for a mostly-street car that is well setup on a sticky tire. I have no issues with that.

I haven't broken the 11 second bracket yet with mine, but they are my intentions. I can run low 11's all day long trapping around 120.
    Post it up. I'd like to see a "bone stock" 510 HP Roush run that kind of ET with nothing but M/T cheaters.

The car is as I picked it up at the dealer, no mods except sequential tail lights, that's it. The P51A had 510 crank HP and approximately 445 rwhp. Roush has upgraded the tune and the B model is pushing roughly 524rwhp.
    According to Roush' webpage, the P51B puts out 510 HP. At the crank. If you're making 524, then you've 'found' 80 RWHP somewhere, and things make a bit more sense.

Oh, my source: http://www.roushperformance.com/mustang_p51b.shtml

I guess you'll need the dyno slip so I'll hunt that down as well.
    Sure - post it up. Not sure how that's going to tell me you have a stock Roush, but please do post it up.

In the meantime, I'll take Roush Performance' word for it that the P51B make 510 HP. At the crank.

The GT500 is a slug compared to this car.
    I'm not real fond of the GT500 either, but it should compare rather well to your car....stock to stock...in the 1/4 mile.

My WS6 can beat them.
    So can my 99. So what?

I'm not sure the WS6 will take a 2010 GT500, they made some improvements, but even a 2009 GT500KR is no match for the P51B, even if the Shelby has the 605HP pulley upgrade.
    Ya ok. That's all hypothetical, so hardly worth argueing about.

My car weighs 3314 pounds, check the weight on a GT500.
    A stock P51B does not weigh 3314 lbs. A stock V6 weighs that much. If I'm wrong, provide me a link to the curb weight of a P51B.

And I know what a GT500 weighs.

The iron block engine and 6 speed transmission weigh down those cars badly.
    Yup. So does the blower and all the plumbing.

Its all power vs. weight plus getting that power to the ground which is what Roush has worked hard on, especially with cars like the Stage 3 or higher.
    LOL. I'm fairly well versed in Power to Weight, and know how to make a car hook.

This car pulls a 1.02G on the skidpad, check out the Z06 skidpad ratings. I think you'll find it pulls a .97G.
    a) Skidpad numbers don't mean SQUAT in terms of how well a car will hook on a dragstrip.

b) Skidpad numbers test only max grip around a very tight radius in perfectly controlled conditions, and mean little in real world driving or road racing.

c) A C6 Z06 would murder a Roush anything in a road race - everything else being equal.

Performance

"Road and Track"
    Engine and Transmission: 7.0 V-8/6M
    slalom 67.10 mph
    60-0 braking 118.00 ft.
    1/4 mile 12.20 sec.
    top speed 197.00 mph
    80-0 braking 203.00 ft.
    0-60 4.10 sec.
    skidpad 0.97 g.
    Issue Sep-06
    Ok. And? Given that we're talking about Drag Racing, I can find you PLENTY of examples of BONE STOCK Z06's running bottom 11's at ~130 mph.

But if we're going to magazine race....what does R&T say your car runs? What does any magazine say your car runs?

So I'd love to find one a road race it.
    I bet they would love the same.

The ass of my Z was unpredictable and would come around to meet me in the face more times then not.
    Ya, the Z06 is a pretty poor road race car. You're right.

The P51 is very sticky and can maneuver turns and come out of one quicker then the Z ever would.
    Sorry - not buying it. Tell someone else that spent $65k for a Mustang. They probably will believe you.

The Z is mean and nasty and pure power, I know I owned one. But noone can build a car for racing better then a race car owner.
    If you mean Roush, then there is no doubt that they can build fast race cars. But their production Mustangs are over-priced wanna-be's. IMO, of course.

The suspension upgrades on the P51 are incredible, right down to the 6 piston brakes to stop it.
    Cool.

Listen guys, I've been a GM guy since my 1975 Firebird Formula 400. I've had Mustangs, I've had Camaro's. I even have a 2008 Trailblazer SS in my garage right now for God's sake. I also love some Fords, one of them being the P51 version that started the whole "Mustang" thing based on the fighter plane. I'm not trying to down anyone's car on here or piss anyone off. I'm stating true facts that this car will beat the 2006 Z06 I traded in, in a 1/4 mile run. Do some research on the car, you won't find many race/performance times on a "B" model, some youtube crap of a "A" model, but there are only 51 B's out there and not everyone who shelled out $55k for one wants to beat the crap out of it. It is truly a FAST automobile for a Mustang. One day, you'll come across one and say just what Jim Kimbrough (the 2000 WS6 owner who had his lunch handed to him) said. I wouldn't believe how fast they are either sitting in your shoes. I thought running 13's in my WS6 was fast at 105, and running 12's in my Z was even better, but man oh man...shaving another second off is ALOT in the 1/4 mile. This car is a monster, trust me. The acceleration between 50 and 120 is brutal. Now granted, the Z would eat this thing alive from about 120 and up, but there aren't many places you can drive that fast and survive, or get away without a flashing light behind you.
    Please. There are some fan boys here, and just some boys period. But there are a few of us that have been around the block a time or two, and you're not going to get far with us. If you even had a Z06, and could only run 12's with it, then there's no way in hell you could run low 11's in a Roush anything. It would take far more skill than that.

I knew by making this post that it would draw attention. I just wanted you all to know, there is a Mustang on the road somewhere that will leave your jaw hanging open.
    Let me clue you in on something....I'm a Mustang guy, and even a fairly accomplished drag racer. I've never seen ANYTHING from Roush at a drag strip that would make my mouth do anything but turn away.

If you come across a "B" model, be prepared. They are very quick if the person behind the wheel truly opens it up. They are a handful to take off with that's for sure.
    Thanks for the warning. Will be looking for more info on your car. Perhaps you can prove me wrong?

Bob
    Last edited by BLKCLOUD; 08-10-2009 at 01:13 PM.

01 modded gtp

I would take a z06 any day over a mustang of any kind

White
    01 Camaro 6speed

^^^ what you said just reminded me of something but different cars. I work at a chevy dealer and they have a black ZR1 in the showroom with a 2010 SS Camaro. We had probably 30 people walk in the showroom today and not one person asked anything about the ZR1, bother to take a second look at it or give a comment on how nice it looks. Everyone went straight to the new camaro wether they can afford it or not wasnt an issue there were people coming in just to look at the new camaro in person. I must admit even though i love the ZR1 and no doubt its not even close in the same catagory, i was mostly looking at the new camaro as well, lol.

pewter
    2000 camaro ss

i used to own a 03 cobra with the 2.80 pulley exhuast and tune put 470 hp to the rear, had nitrous made 623 hp to the rear, with out the spray i would smoke any overprice roush on the street from a dig or roll and at the track, if i had to do it over just buy a gt and turbo that mofo and it would beat roush for less money, just my 2 cents and opinion

Black
    1999 WS6

I've been a member here since 2006. I barely post at all since I have better things to do with my life then sit behind the computer arguing with people who obviously KNOW IT ALL.
    The P51B has more then 510 crank HP, call 1-800-59-roush, press #3 for customer service, ask for Joe since he knows the P51 series the best, and ask what crank HP that car has. Anyone who believes blkcloud, call. The call is free, it'll only cost you a few minutes time.
    Doing research on a car that only 51 were made is hard. You won't find magazine times on them, nor many videos of them racing. I think youtube has 1 P51B model walking away from a Z06 and Callaway Corvette. The A model was short on HP and (may have had) 510 crank but I doubt it. They were pig rich tuned and clogged the cats.
    As for taking a GT and modding it, I agree 110%. It would be a sh!tload cheaper. I bought this car because of the story behind it, the fact that my now deceased Dad fought in that war, and the fact that there are only 51 of them...ever.
    Talking about racing a Roush, most of them are either 427's or Stages 1,2 & 3. maybe pushing 445HP, or 390rwhp. Modded up with the CAI and smaller pulley on the M90 blower, probably 440rwhp. This is a completely different car and to compare it to a M90 equipped Roush is like me comparing a Z06 to a ZR1.
    Once again, I am a GM man as well. I'm not against a Z06 and I loved mine. I'm still waiting for them to build the Z/28 and I'll own one of them too. I'm not trying to say this car is better then anything, I'm just trying to inform the public that these cars are in fact seriously fast for a factory car. Why in the world would you want to lambaste me for posting such? Its not like I'm threatening global nucler destruction for God's sake. Why would you take this so personally to waste your time posting negative attacks against me? Especially you blkcloud??

Blkcloud, being the racer you are, during my best run (and only run actually)in the Z and that was when I lived in Ohio was on a 74 degree day, I ran a 12.02 at 123.04mph. I couldn't shift the car and I only ran it once.
    The best run with the P51 was 1.533@60', 4.609@330', and 7.068@ 1/8th trap speed was 97.48mph. I hit the rev limiter as I tried to run out the 1/8th in 3rd gear.
    That's what it did, I really don't give a sh!t if you or anyone else believes it or not at this point. All I was trying to do was post some info on an incredible car, whether it be Ford, Chevy, or Dodge.

black
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by KING Z28 HAWK View Post
    me too

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

what happened to telling a guy good job!!

Good kill man!

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJoe View Post
    I would take a z06 any day over a mustang of any kind
    agreed. so would most stang owners too.

Thread Information