Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got Killed!!!

Black
    2002 Trans Am

Got Killed!!!

My ws6 has slp lid with k&n filter, 3.73 gear thats it

Evo mr with 2k spent on exhaust

I was cruising and i see this evo mr and my friend says can you take him and i say dont think so cause im pretty much stock but we pull next to him and run from a 30 roll i miss second so we run again i pull a length but then that damn turbo comes up after that we pull over exchange numbers and get to talking he is putting down 290hp to the wheels which is around the same as an ls1 ws6 but is the turbo that good that he pulls on me as hard as he did 1 and half length
    Last edited by NavdeepWS6; 11-19-2008 at 10:55 AM.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

that sucks...

Black
    2002 Trans Am

i know i guess ill just need to upgrade the car when i start driving it again lol damn mod bug

PEWETER METALIC
    2002 CAMARO Z-28 M-6

Quote Originally Posted by NavdeepWS6 View Post
    i know i guess ill just need to upgrade the car when i start driving it again lol damn mod bug
    Get some work done on that thing and you'll be pulling him like that!!!

Black
    2002 Trans Am

getting the work done is no problem but passing smog in california is hard i want longtubes but they are not smog legal here

Just a souped up sunfire. Ryans99LS1's Avatar

SOM
    99 Trans Am

Get nitrous then. If i was in cali, thats what i do.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

getting the work done is no problem but passing smog in california is hard i want longtubes but they are not smog legal here
    What part of Sac are you from?

Black
    2002 Trans Am

im near american river and howe ave

i would get nitrous but i really dont want to risk blowing my shit up but eventually might cause of the smog problem but what would you recommend as a top of the line system and i mean with all bells and whistles cause she my baby and my baby gets what she wants and all other parts needed with a price range

red
    2000 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    that sucks...

that really does suck. he pulled on you and you banged first at 30?. . . .you really should be pullin on that thing. they suck from roll m6 ls1s are awesome. well better luck next time i guess.

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

sounds like you had a nice close race. those are the best.

a for longtubes, i thought a few companies made some smog legal ones?

if you go nitrous you will risk blowing it up. and thats just a temp fix, i personally dont like nitrous. but thats just me. i run a turbo car so wat the hell do i know? lol

you can do internal work and pick up alot. like cam, and head work and a tune would get you 50-100rwhp. if you have the money and wanna stay legal without blowing your motor up thats wat i would do.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

i would get nitrous but i really dont want to risk blowing my shit up but eventually might cause of the smog problem but what would you recommend as a top of the line system and i mean with all bells and whistles cause she my baby and my baby gets what she wants and all other parts needed with a price range
    Okay cool. My sister lives off of Howe and Northrop. I'd give the guys at TNT a call. I have their 250-shot wet-system with NOS Accessories (Progressive Programmable controller, warmer, purge, remote opener, etc.). Nitrous is pretty much your only choice in CA if you wanna make BIG power.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper101 View Post
    a for longtubes, i thought a few companies made some smog legal ones?

if you go nitrous you will risk blowing it up. and thats just a temp fix, i personally dont like nitrous. but thats just me. i run a turbo car so wat the hell do i know? lol

you can do internal work and pick up alot. like cam, and head work and a tune would get you 50-100rwhp. if you have the money and wanna stay legal without blowing your motor up thats wat i would do.
    Nope they don't make any Long Tubes legal for use in CA due to the fact they alter the factory location of the cats. A healthy LS1 should be able to handle a 150-shot of bottle easy! As long as it is in sound condition, and i'd recommend a 'nitrous-specific' tune just for kicks, it will be perfectly fine. There's not a whole lot of power to be had with heads and cam out here with the smog laws. 224/224 is the absolute biggest cam you can go with. Expect to make around 400rwhp with a legal setup.
    Last edited by Cayenne97; 11-20-2008 at 08:47 AM.

red
    2000 camaro ss

california is so lame. they got diesel emissions out there? i'd like to drive mine around 'n give people some heart attacks. . . .

i'd go for head/cam package. still be beast w/o LT's-those stock manifolds flow like shorty's (not that that's good in comparison, but good as far as manifolds go).

-you can run 150 shot on stock ls1 safely as long as it's tuned properly...and i'd stay away from dry setups.
    Last edited by side2000; 11-20-2008 at 09:35 AM.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

well right now im driving a caddy i picked up off my mom so the t/a is parked but coming this spring i will be picking up a new car as a dd instead of using my t/a so then i can start figuring out what i want to do cause this new car will take up all my money but if i dont get it its problably going to be heads and cams or nitrous i got quoted for 5g with tune on heads and cams but that also includes dyno,bigger injectors, hd oil pump,doubleroller oil chain, retainers, etc. and labor

they said ill be making 380-440rwhp

Last edited by NavdeepWS6; 11-20-2008 at 10:09 AM.

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

well right now im driving a caddy i picked up off my mom so the t/a is parked but coming this spring i will be picking up a new car as a dd instead of using my t/a so then i can start figuring out what i want to do cause this new car will take up all my money but if i dont get it its problably going to be heads and cams or nitrous i got quoted for 5g with tune on heads and cams but that also includes dyno,bigger injectors, hd oil pump,doubleroller oil chain, retainers, etc. and labor

they said ill be making 380-440rwhp

Who quoted you, Force Fed?

Black
    2002 Trans Am

not sure forgot the name but they are on roseville road i think near jaws gear and axle

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

not sure forgot the name but they are on roseville road i think near jaws gear and axle
    Yeah that's them. I know Keith personally, good guy. They have been in buisness for a long time and do good work. A bit expensive but good.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

hit me up when you going to come into town we could meet up and do some shit

Cayenne Red, Pewter
    '97 Z28 1LE #53, '02 WS6

hit me up when you going to come into town we could meet up and do some shit
    I'll do that! My mother, sister and aunt stay there. I'll let you know when i'm coming in to town.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Believe me you wouldnt be the only guy running around with longtubes, put them on get to know the local guys and we'll help you out when the time comes

It's all in the tune man, I have someone willing to sell theres for 400 if you change your mind

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I have a hard time believing he beat you with just exhaust, he probably got a tune and maxed that turbo out. Anything after a dig we have them, it's when they throw in the cams and bigger turbo you have to look out.

Thread Information