Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Got Dominated by a Lex

This is a discussion on Got Dominated by a Lex within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; look for a supra or any ricer to have a prayer they have to have boost, i think we can ...

67 Tempest, click the pic mullenh's Avatar

click avatar
    1967 pontiac

look for a supra or any ricer to have a prayer they have to have boost, i think we can all agree on that. some are faster than others and a few a very small few are faster than most ls1 or any other small block. but there are all motor cars out there that the rice cant touch and if you boost the larger displacement small block well thats cheating

Resident SRT-4 ambassador

Black
    2005 SRT-4

It's all a matter of preference. We all like going fast...but how you want to go fast is up to the individual. Personally, I like the idea of FI on smaller engines. With the proper knowledge and the proper parts, I can run 800whp on my 2.4L with racing gas (for the track), then flip a switch (EMS) and run 91 piss gas and still pull gobs of power around town. Or, I can turn the boost way down and conserve gas.

I like getting into tuning, engine management and so forth. It's fun to run your car and know it that intimately. Not to say V8, N/A guys don't...but it's different. Like I said, whatever floats your boat in the end.

click avatar
    1967 pontiac

Quote Originally Posted by 4TEHW View Post
    It's all a matter of preference. We all like going fast...but how you want to go fast is up to the individual. Personally, I like the idea of FI on smaller engines. With the proper knowledge and the proper parts, I can run 800whp on my 2.4L with racing gas (for the track), then flip a switch (EMS) and run 91 piss gas and still pull gobs of power around town. Or, I can turn the boost way down and conserve gas.

I like getting into tuning, engine management and so forth. It's fun to run your car and know it that intimately. Not to say V8, N/A guys don't...but it's different. Like I said, whatever floats your boat in the end.
    like he said it is up to the individual the cost of mods to my engine, trans, and exhaust is $1200 dollars and will blow any stock ricer away evo included. it is all according to how may cubic dollars you want to spend.

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by mullenh View Post
    like he said it is up to the individual the cost of mods to my engine, trans, and exhaust is $1200 dollars and will blow any stock ricer away evo included. it is all according to how may cubic dollars you want to spend.
    Considering you insist on using the term 'ricer' out of context, I'll just leave it be.

blue,blue
    00 z-28 m6, 06 H3

Was it this Is300 by chance. if so watch the videos! it takes alot to kill this one! http://www.visionboy.com/cars.html
    LS7 clutch,01 slave,Corsa 3" stainless exhuast,drilled/slotted rotors + ceramic pads,160 thermo,Mti clear lid,msd 8.5 wires & Ngk plugs...more to come!
    www.cardomain.com/ride/2311455

click avatar
    1967 pontiac

Considering you insist on using the term 'ricer' out of context, I'll just leave it be.
    if you need english lessons i don't have time. if you read all of my post you will see a lot of short cuts. it is not that i don't know better, I have plenty of intelect and tallent I just don't give a damn. so if you don't like my reference to your preference take your ricer ass some place where it appreciated. there are ricer forums after all and you might have something usefull to say there; where as here it is just your crybaby whiny-assed opinion.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneLS1 View Post
    I'm not so sure you wont need some type of forced induction to handle a turbo'd lexus unless hes not pushing alot. I used to have a SC300 wit light mods but a bunch of my friends are pushing serious power. Shit my boss has a Turbo'd IS300 pushing close to 600whp. Heads, cams, gearing, and a tune will only get you so far man.
    And that's childs play for that inline! I remember when I had my Supra, I was scarred of Ls1's back in 98 .The big talk was gear, tires, spray, and then you would have a Supra killer!
    http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...tmarshalls.jpg

I am looking for another Supra. I plan on selling the goat.
    Last edited by ramrod; 02-09-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Black
    2005 SRT-4

if you need english lessons i don't have time. if you read all of my post you will see a lot of short cuts. it is not that i don't know better, I have plenty of intelect and tallent I just don't give a damn. so if you don't like my reference to your preference take your ricer ass some place where it appreciated. there are ricer forums after all and you might have something usefull to say there; where as here it is just your crybaby whiny-assed opinion.
    The fact is, it has NOTHING to do with intelligence or 'talent'. It comes down to simple respect. You calling all import ricers is ignorant and disrespectful to the car owner...plain and simple. Further, you calling my DOMESTIC car a ricer is even greater ignorance. Either you have a different definition of what rice is, or you're just an ignorant, disrespectful jerk.

I have just as much right to be here as you do. Just because I don't own an LS1, or a V8 powered car...doesn't mean I don't have something to offer or learn in return. I've done nothing but praise these cars since being here, and for the most part...all I've gotten in return is hostility, ignorance and disrespect. If you want to have an intelligent conversation, I'm all for it...but unless you want me to start referring to you as a hick, redneck, white trash, etc. (as are the stereo-types), I don't need you to be tossing around the negative term ricer every other word. Simple as that.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I like boost any any motor no matter how big it is! I can respect any car that is built well import or domestic. I can't respect dumb ass ricers or big mouth ignorant pricks that think they are better than ricers that are just as stupid or more so.

2009 Corvette ZO6

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    I am looking for another Supra. I plan on selling the goat...

Black
    2005 SRT-4

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I like boost any any motor no matter how big it is! I can respect any car that is built well import or domestic. I can't respect dumb ass ricers or big mouth ignorant pricks that think they are better than ricers that are just as stupid or more so.
    That's all I'm saying, bro. If I've been rude or out of line, tell me know so I can apologize and everyone can move on. But, I don't think I have been. I'm just seeing a lot of same prejudice here, that I see on other import forums, even my SRT-4 forum. I don't understand why people can't just respect the rides of others (if done clean and well) without bringing in all the ignorance. We're all car enthusiasts...we all have our personal tastes and goals. I'm done.

/soapbox

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Quote Originally Posted by FEARSM View Post
    Boost pressure means nothing unless you know the engine and turbo that goes with that. 25 psi from a 60mm turbo is NOT the same as 25 psi from a 67mm, 72mm or higher turbo.
    I saw you car in a Turbo mag First 10 sec supra in Hawaii

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

That's all I'm saying, bro. If I've been rude or out of line, tell me know so I can apologize and everyone can move on. But, I don't think I have been. I'm just seeing a lot of same prejudice here, that I see on other import forums, even my SRT-4 forum. I don't understand why people can't just respect the rides of others (if done clean and well) without bringing in all the ignorance. We're all car enthusiasts...we all have our personal tastes and goals. I'm done.

/soapbox

click avatar
    1967 pontiac

The fact is, it has NOTHING to do with intelligence or 'talent'. It comes down to simple respect. You calling all import ricers is ignorant and disrespectful to the car owner...plain and simple. Further, you calling my DOMESTIC car a ricer is even greater ignorance. Either you have a different definition of what rice is, or you're just an ignorant, disrespectful jerk.

I have just as much right to be here as you do. Just because I don't own an LS1, or a V8 powered car...doesn't mean I don't have something to offer or learn in return. I've done nothing but praise these cars since being here, and for the most part...all I've gotten in return is hostility, ignorance and disrespect. If you want to have an intelligent conversation, I'm all for it...but unless you want me to start referring to you as a hick, redneck, white trash, etc. (as are the stereo-types), I don't need you to be tossing around the negative term ricer every other word. Simple as that.
    if i were on a ricer forum I would not be talking about how much better an american v8 is. i would give useful information that would help the people there. so the real question is why the f#@% are you here talking about your stupid car. will you go away if i throw a stick?

Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    I saw you car in a Turbo mag First 10 sec supra in Hawaii
    Yep..changed the setup alot since then. The track closed here on Oahu so I am gonna ship the car to Maui or the Big island to run again.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Yep..changed the setup alot since then. The track closed here on Oahu so I am gonna ship the car to Maui or the Big island to run again.
    Yea from what i hear the track in Oahu wasnt that great

Chrome
    1997 Toyota Supra

Quote Originally Posted by 05 Stone Srt-4 View Post
    Yea from what i hear the track in Oahu wasnt that great
    It wasnt the greatest but it was cheap to get in and run and at least we had something. We are just sitting around now.
    72mm single turbo Mirra Chrome Supra
    BL built auto tranny equipped
    Best ET 10.75 Best mph 134 (old setup on 67mm turbo)
    New setup-704rwhp 518 rwtq unlocked converter
    "As seen in March 06 turbo magazine"
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/smithcf/SO.jpg

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

It wasnt the greatest but it was cheap to get in and run and at least we had something. We are just sitting around now.
    Damn that sucks

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

island hopping to drag race, thats awesome lol

Black
    2005 SRT-4

if i were on a ricer forum I would not be talking about how much better an american v8 is. i would give useful information that would help the people there. so the real question is why the f#@% are you here talking about your stupid car. will you go away if i throw a stick?
    So what you're attempting to say through a thinly veiled mask of intelligence is that I'm the ricer on a V8 forum stating how much better my I4 is? If you honestly think that's what I've been trying to relay here, you are missing my point entirely. I'm not here to attack you or your V8. I'm defending your right to prefer a V8 as well as my right to prefer an I4...and to have BOTH be fine.

I'm also here to learn and to discuss topics, not to deal with forum trolls like you. Thanks for being a prejudice jerk and welcoming me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information