Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Got called out..

This is gonna be some good stuff. I just got a call from one of my buddies saying that I am supposed to meet this 97 GT that has been talking trash for some time now. I talked to him once and he kept saying that there is know way a LS1 can touch his car. In his own words it will run 8.20's in the 1/8th with nothing more than a cold air kit and he says the rear end isn't stock. I have seen under the hood of the car it has the cold air but is stock otherwise. He is on factory rims and tire size to. My car is a 2000Z28, Free mods, LID, Headers, TR55's, MSD wires, 3:73's and TSP mail order tune. He doesn't know the mods just that he thinks his car can't be beat. So what do everybody think? How many bus lengths?

2000 ss silver bullet volksmech1's Avatar

silver
    2000 camaro ss

well if his is an auto id say he is gonna have a sore ass when ya get done raping him by like 5 bus lengths if its a manual and he can drive id say maybe 3 buses. that includes you stoping for coffee in between start and stop

It is a 5-speed and he can't drive it well at all.

Black, Blue
    07 TBSS, 07 GSXR1000

Unless he has a little giggly juice I say that is an ass whipping on layaway for him. Let us know how it turns out.

john
    As an owner of a 97 GT I can say that if you lose this race you should have your car repossessed and your license revoked. A new amendment to the constitution should be written that prohibits you from ever owning another vehicle again. And everyone on this board should take turns kicking you in the nuts.

john

john
    To answer your question...

6 bus lengths.

fordguy18
    a non-pi gt with gears against a modded ls1! hahaha!!

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

Man, this thread is cracking me the hell up! I'm tryin to understand where this guy is coming from... Maybe he's only raced 4bangers? Maybe he's only raced one 1980 V6 Camaro? Who knows? I've beaten '02 GTs when I really hadn't even broken my car in yet and won. All I can say is I hope he has NOS so you're not too bored!

Hey guys I will post up the results after the race tonight. But yeah this should be some fun.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

8.2 in the 1/8th isn't bad. Faster than my (nearly) stock WS6 (it does 8.6@84).

RED
    1996 Mustang Cobra

He sounds like all bark and no bite. The 96-98s are turds. With just a cold air kit he could have 4.56 gears and it would make no difference. I had a 97 and got pulled by a V6 Golf. Granted it was an auto vert, but still.

well it didn't go to good for him. I showed up at the spot and he was like pop you hood. I was like sure if it makes you feel better. He glances at it for like 2 secs and says no problem. I ask if he wants to run for money he said no. Well anyway we go out to this old highway and line up from a dig and at the start was the only time he was beside me. You could have fit a train between us I mean it was that bad. And to top it of afterwards he says that the reason he lost so bad was because he just had U-joints put in it and they needed to be greased. I said alright (not wanting to agrue that stickers would make him faster to) and offered to shake his hand and tell him good run. He just looks at me and says I will see you in 2 weeks and we will run for 20 bucks then just drives off doesn't shake my hand or anything. So in 2 weeks I will get a 1/2 tank of gas free .

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Good kill bro...always nice to put a loudmouth in his place. Grease his u-joints huh...hopefully you laughed in his face cause I would've. I doubt he'll race you again...but then again he raced you to begin with so he obviously knows nothing about cars. What speed did you end up going up to?

I ran it up to about 90 and rolled out of it cause I was so far ahead I could have stopped for coffee and still beat him across the 1/4 mile mark.

Awaiting Activation
    Go And Rip Him Apart.

Black, Black&Yellow
    04 Lightning, 06 GIX 750

THE ONLY WAY A MUSTANG COULD RUN AN 8.2 IN THE 1/8 MILE IS IF IT IS ON A TRAILER BEING PULLED BY AND LS1!!! ANYWAY GOOD KILL MAN.

Pewter Metallic
    '00 Z/28

You should bring a grease gun next time so he has nomore BS excuses. If it was me, I'd have a tire gauge, mini-compressor, a timing light, and maybe a set of wrenches incase he had anymore of those wonderful excuses.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Yeah the guy needs to just accept defeat. But yeah I think one of my buddies got it on vid, if he did I will post it up for everybody to watch.

The Rookie
    I think that the 97 GT could smoke the Board today. This site is moving sooooo slow today, that my nephew who just started walking could put 10 bus links on it!

Thread Information