Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Got bit...boy did it hurt!!

This is a discussion on Got bit...boy did it hurt!! within the Kill Stories forums, part of the Racing Forums category; ...

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    i know they had a little more horses but they are a little heavier and lets face it gm is just high performance shit, i mean you know our cars come with things like a torque arm and a solid rear axle and shit like yat
    And hybrid to boot.......
    The V-8 version of the Camaro is very likely carry a substantial premium and GM is thought to have assigned a team of engineers to work out how to apply its new dual-mode hybrid system for an even more expensive version of the Camaro.By Joseph Szczesny
    and turbocharged 6 cylinders.....
    GM chairman Richard Wagoner has already confirmed a V-6 engine will be part of the Camaro package.

While the concept Camaro has come with V-8 engine, a V-6 would serve as basic engine for the production Camaro and would help keep prices competitive.

Meanwhile, Tom Stephens, the head of GMs Powertrain Group, told reporters recently that turbocharging can help boost both fuel economy and horsepower.

heres the article......http://www.thecarconnection.com/blog/?p=759

Evr sena bdgr killa snak? Roastem's Avatar

Pewter
    '99 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    Its amazing how ignorant a few of you are. All of the ricer excuses....like they haven't been heard a million times. Always thinking that the LS1 is gods gift to drivers. No question it is a great motor that responds well to mods, but by no means an engineering masterpiece. Any company could build a motor that would out perform the ls1 na. It is just that gm was kind enough to do it. Sadly, it didn't keep them alive.

I'm sure if the cobra had a chevy badge on it many of you nutswingers would rant and rave about it. Like the ls1, it too can easily be out done by anyone else. Hence, the new ZR1 motor. Motors aren't exactly rocket science, it generally comes down to econimics or sometimes bragging rights.

Its all about ford vs. Chevy. I had to cheat on my Chevy lineage with a 01 Cobra, just to see what all the fuss was about. It is like being in a gang dude, you are with this gang or you are with the other.

Strangely enough, I mostly put other mustangs to sleep with my Cobra, only two f-bods got killed. Now with the Z, I put them all to sleep...

When it is all said and done, I am a Chevy man, and all things being equal, GIMME THE BOWTIE!!!

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by TrickStang37 View Post
    it doesnt bother me at all. i already did the "underdog" thing with my old 5.0 where i was smoking bolt on LS1's. a win is win. It's not like im driving some Ferrari.

and this cobra isnt worth $40,000, i mean new it was $38,000 NEW i guess, but then again, Z28's/SS's weren't exactly $15,000 new either.
    YOU ARE COMPARING DIFFERENT GENERATIONS THERE
    WHAT ABOUT THE FACT THAT DURING THE 5.0 YEARS YOU DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO BUY THE Z28 PACKAGE TO COMPETE BECAUSE THE RS WITH ITS 305 COULD HANDLE THEM

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

Quote Originally Posted by LS2 KLR View Post
    Its amazing how ignorant a few of you are. All of the ricer excuses....like they haven't been heard a million times. Always thinking that the LS1 is gods gift to drivers. No question it is a great motor that responds well to mods, but by no means an engineering masterpiece. Any company could build a motor that would out perform the ls1 na. It is just that gm was kind enough to do it. Sadly, it didn't keep them alive.

I'm sure if the cobra had a chevy badge on it many of you nutswingers would rant and rave about it. Like the ls1, it too can easily be out done by anyone else. Hence, the new ZR1 motor. Motors aren't exactly rocket science, it generally comes down to econimics or sometimes bragging rights.
    Blind leading the blind

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

ITS KINDA FUNNY HERE IT IS 40 YEARS LATER AND GM CARS ARE STILL OUTRUNNING BRAND NEW MUSTANGS EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE HEAVIER AND HAVE WAY LESS TECHNOLOGY INCORPORATED INTO THEM
    Hey Im honest Ive own both ,the chevelle would never outrun my stang but stock it would but then there is an argument for displacement 302 cu verses396 it will go on forever and I figure whatever makes me happy not what someone else thinks ,Lots of people have great cars all different kinds but to say one is flatout better its gonna take a something Ive never even heard of .

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

your putting 550 to the pavement$,well how much money do you have in it and how much would it cost me to get 550 in my ls1
    Who knows Ive spent plenty ,but you have to spend as well and make it reliable I had a 6 speed tranny as well the list was retarded but the car was fun to drive and on the dyno made friggin great power every combo is not the same and what worked for me ,wont work for you or anyone else to many variables I like the chevelle to cruise in and thats that its a $40,000 car and I love it Igo to the shows and enjoy car people not jerkoffs ,My friends got a camaro but hes got way too many mods in it for me to list hes at 30,000 blown car as well 10 sec car consistently but again what do you want how fast ?

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Its all about ford vs. Chevy. I had to cheat on my Chevy lineage with a 01 Cobra, just to see what all the fuss was about. It is like being in a gang dude, you are with this gang or you are with the other.

Strangely enough, I mostly put other mustangs to sleep with my Cobra, only two f-bods got killed. Now with the Z, I put them all to sleep...

When it is all said and done, I am a Chevy man, and all things being equal, GIMME THE BOWTIE!!!
    What is your car ? Your fast and furious Bowtie pics please !I have to see this so Ican show all the mustang guys how scary this car is so they dont drive when you are around Im so scared !

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by Roastem View Post
    Doodad's Cobra, guess what he doesn't have an 03 anymore cause he couldn't afford the PAYMENTS!!!
    Neither could you

BLACK
    Z/28 LS1

GM>Ford>Yugo - end of story.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

haha you have a ricer mentality. you dont even know how much a chevelle weighs, your just assuming. and whether or not it outruns a new mustang is irrelevent to anything.

and i do believe you've beaten cobra's in the 1/8th. i've seen 99-04 Mustang GT's beat some LS1's through the 1/8th, its a pretty short race where the differences don't really get to show.
    ive seen some full bolt on 99-04 gts that couldnt run a stock ls1 in the eighth
    these cars you speak of must have been boosted one way or the other

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Quote Originally Posted by LETHALxLS1 View Post
    GM>Ford>Yugo - end of story.
    Better than owning something that looks like this
    Last edited by sprayed cobra; 02-11-2008 at 06:42 PM.

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

haha you have a ricer mentality. you dont even know how much a chevelle weighs, your just assuming. and whether or not it outruns a new mustang is irrelevent to anything.

and i do believe you've beaten cobra's in the 1/8th. i've seen 99-04 Mustang GT's beat some LS1's through the 1/8th, its a pretty short race where the differences don't really get to show.
    I agree with you ,as far as how much does it weigh its over 4000 lbs with me in it as far as stock cars going at it ......stock 99 stang against the LS1 nope ,I disagree too much difference there ,its like the cobra against the Ls1,not fair more hp more torque you win bottom line fastest car will have either have more torque or hp than the loser simple reasoning including the fact that the cars weigh the same and hook the same and leave the same and so on and so on basically most money wins

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Ok guys enough of this crap ,we all have fast cars and enjoy em whos got the itch already ? Mine has been stored since October 15 ......sucks really.....wanna get to work on it the chevelle that is,,, here is a few pics

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by sprayed cobra View Post
    I agree with you ,as far as how much does it weigh its over 4000 lbs with me in it as far as stock cars going at it ......stock 99 stang against the LS1 nope ,I disagree too much difference there ,its like the cobra against the Ls1,not fair more hp more torque you win bottom line fastest car will have either have more torque or hp than the loser simple reasoning including the fact that the cars weigh the same and hook the same and leave the same and so on and so on basically most money wins
    see there shit stain i mean trick stang,i told u no assumptions were made i dont speak unless i know what im saying unlike some that i know

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

see there shit stain i mean trick stang,i told u no assumptions were made i dont speak unless i know what im saying unlike some that i know
    Who the hell are you talking too ?
    Last edited by sprayed cobra; 02-05-2008 at 05:09 PM.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by sprayed cobra View Post
    Who the hell are you talking too ?Anyways check this out 10.5 tire
    im talking to trick stang who accused me of pulling stuff out of thin air,
    these guys are pretty funny one of them calls me an idiot for saying a stock ls1 put down about 310 or so to the ground and trickstang here tells me i have a ricer mentallity because i assumed your chevelle was heavier than a a cobra
    which you know is true and i know it,nice vid by the way

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

btw lets see some more of that chevelle

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

Here is a vid of the car idling its short though enjoy..

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

A couple more pics

ASH GOLD
    1968 CHEVELLE SS 396

im talking to trick stang who accused me of pulling stuff out of thin air,
    these guys are pretty funny one of them calls me an idiot for saying a stock ls1 put down about 310 or so to the ground and trickstang here tells me i have a ricer mentallity because i assumed your chevelle was heavier than a a cobra
    which you know is true and i know it,nice vid by the way
    here yah go

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information